The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #2651
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Think harder. His salary will affect WHICHEVER team he signs with and hurt their chances to surround HIM with talent.

The more Manning demands in payment, the harder it will be to give him Super Bowl caliber talent to work with.

This team has tons of holes. And Manning's still more worried about making more than Tom Brady than winning a Super Bowl.
The longer this drags on and the deeper we fall into free agency I fear you may be right. I initially thought this was about making a push for one last ring or two with his old Colt team mates and going out on top. As teams play the waiting game as he gets courted by more and more crazy old dudes with money its becoming clear this is a sham about a huge payday. If the PM fiasco fails I think John and Pat close the wallet and save cash for a run on a big QB next year. Its clear John has his heart set on a pocket passer with more traditional talent and either way tebow is eventually gone.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #2652
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
This is getting stupid, if you don't like Tebow just let him go and deal with the consequences from fans. But don't put off your offseason plans trying to overpay a guy because he gives you an "out" to get rid of your current QB.

Sorry, rant over.
you said what a bunch of us are starting to feel.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #2653
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Either he's a Titan tomorrow or he won't be at all. I got a feeling he's gonna choose the titans. Bud adams is the new al Davis though so who knows.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #2654
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
This is getting stupid, if you don't like Tebow just let him go and deal with the consequences from fans. But don't put off your offseason plans trying to overpay a guy because he gives you an "out" to get rid of your current QB.

Sorry, rant over.
It's only day one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #2655
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Either he's a Titan tomorrow or he won't be at all. I got a feeling he's gonna choose the titans. Bud adams is the new al Davis though so who knows.
Let them meet all day then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #2656
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Okay so the fact that he's considering the team that gives him the best to chance to win makes it about the money how?
It's the 22+ million a year numbers being thrown around. And Guys like Vic Lombardi talking about how the Titans option will just make signing Manning cost more.

If he wants a title, he should be shopping for the right scenario, not the highest price.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #2657
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
It's only day one.
I'm not upset at all they weren't active, in fact- I'm glad considering the huge numbers guys were overpaid.

I'm upset their entire offseason strategy focuses on the chance to acquire 1 guy and the PRIMARY purpose to acquire that guy isn't even adding him to their football team but rather to pave the way to cut ties with another player they don't like while minimizing the backlash.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #2658
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 52,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
This is getting stupid, if you don't like Tebow just let him go and deal with the consequences from fans. But don't put off your offseason plans trying to overpay a guy because he gives you an "out" to get rid of your current QB.

Sorry, rant over.
You really believe we're only signing Manning because it was the "only" way to get rid of Tebow? That the front office just thinks Manning is convenient?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #2659
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,654

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It's the 22+ million a year numbers being thrown around. And Guys like Vic Lombardi talking about how the Titans option will just make signing Manning cost more.

If he wants a title, he should be shopping for the right scenario, not the highest price.
Yep, if the money is that important to Manning, then how much is winning a title? Remember, he does have a ring already, so not like he is desperate in a quest to get a ring. I would think he is already set financially, so we'll see what he gets from whoever.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #2660
canadianbroncosfan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It's the 22+ million a year numbers being thrown around. And Guys like Vic Lombardi talking about how the Titans option will just make signing Manning cost more.

If he wants a title, he should be shopping for the right scenario, not the highest price.
Okay but if the Titans offer the most money and the best chance to win, you would expect him to sign elsewhere?

I'd love for him to sign here but I won't HATE him if he doesn't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #2661
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco
 
cousinal11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 1,383

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You really believe we're only signing Manning because it was the "only" way to get rid of Tebow? That the front office just thinks Manning is convenient?
And 1

I think even Tebow realizes this is Peyton frickin Manning
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #2662
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Okay but if the Titans offer the most money and the best chance to win, you would expect him to sign elsewhere?

I'd love for him to sign here but I won't HATE him if he doesn't.
I'd love for him to go to Nashville. But that's not the point.

The point is he should pick the best chance for a team to succeed. And unless the money is ridiculously low, he should sign with them. Or if he REALLY wanted a title, he'd do what Player John did his last year and basically take vet minimum. So every ounce of cap space can be spared for other players.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #2663
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 52,013

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I'd love to see that recruiting trip.

Elway: Hey Peyton, we need you here so we can use you as an excuse to get rid of Tebow. Hell we don't even care if you play or not, we just HAVE to get rid of him at any cost and you're the best excuse out there.

Manning: So do you even want me to play?

Xanders: Whatever. Just make sure Tim is gone.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #2664
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'd love to see that recruiting trip.

Elway: Hey Peyton, we need you here so we can use you as an excuse to get rid of Tebow. Hell we don't even care if you play or not, we just HAVE to get rid of him at any cost and you're the best excuse out there.

Manning: So do you even want me to play?

Xanders: Whatever. Just make sure Tim is gone.
lmao I bet you that is exactly what MacGruder believes the convo over the weekend went.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #2665
stopgap
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'd love to see that recruiting trip.

Elway: Hey Peyton, we need you here so we can use you as an excuse to get rid of Tebow. Hell we don't even care if you play or not, we just HAVE to get rid of him at any cost and you're the best excuse out there.

Manning: So do you even want me to play?

Xanders: Whatever. Just make sure Tim is gone.
nice
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #2666
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You really believe we're only signing Manning because it was the "only" way to get rid of Tebow? That the front office just thinks Manning is convenient?
Not the only reason at all, who wouldn't love to have Peyton? But my understanding is the chief reason behing the motivation is it gives football operations an opportunity to make a move with the incumbent without needing to justify it to ownership and customers. This isnt out of spite or a personal vendetta but the feeling he'll set the organization back due to the inability to recruit players, the difficulty retaining players and complications in setting a strategy for personnel and philosophy.

The example used to me is the Broncos would like to build their defense to defend the pass, hence building around their strengths and preparing for the prevelant passing attacks getting more deadly annualy. However, because they dont believe their current QB plays the type of style that will create significant leads- more of an emphasis has to placed on run defense. Again this is just an example, not necessarily fact, as it was laid out to me.

That's why I'm on board with simply drafting Weeden or signing a FA like Henne (although that looks unlikely now) and moving on. I dont have to like it or even agree with it, but if the football operations side of the building feels so strongly this will fail (which in fairness to them, a staunch majority of NFL people believe will fail also) then there's no reason to waste time and make decisions out of their comfort zone. Just move on, but you dont have to get Peyton to do that guys...
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #2667
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default



Crazy ****ing fans.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #2668
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 44,359

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

See that's what I dont understand, Raj. I get that they think it will fail and I could see why they want to build for the pass on offense and against the pass on defense cause thats where the league is, but its just one more year. Its just one more year to evaluate if he can progress as a passer to a decent point. He hasnt even gotten a real summer to develop yet. The worst thing that could happen is you have a bad year and I suspect we werent going to be great anyway with this schedule (assuming no Manning ofcourse), so I'm not seeing a huge oppurtunity lost here with giving Tebow one more year to try and progress. BTW, Weeden would be a stupid pick. He's already too old, by the time he adjusts to the league, he's 30, so its already over. That's just dumb that they would want him.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #2669
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Not the only reason at all, who wouldn't love to have Peyton? But my understanding is the chief reason behing the motivation is it gives football operations an opportunity to make a move with the incumbent without needing to justify it to ownership and customers. This isnt out of spite or a personal vendetta but the feeling he'll set the organization back due to the inability to recruit players, the difficulty retaining players and complications in setting a strategy for personnel and philosophy.

The example used to me is the Broncos would like to build their defense to defend the pass, hence building around their strengths and preparing for the prevelant passing attacks getting more deadly annualy. However, because they dont believe their current QB plays the type of style that will create significant leads- more of an emphasis has to placed on run defense. Again this is just an example, not necessarily fact, as it was laid out to me.

That's why I'm on board with simply drafting Weeden or signing a FA like Henne (although that looks unlikely now) and moving on. I dont have to like it or even agree with it, but if the football operations side of the building feels so strongly this will fail (which in fairness to them, a staunch majority of NFL people believe will fail also) then there's no reason to waste time and make decisions out of their comfort zone. Just move on, but you dont have to get Peyton to do that guys...
so you just wrote a post in which your stance is that the Broncos should forgo Peyton Manning in favor of Chad Henne.

I just want to make sure this actually exists
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #2670
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 31,703
Default

tebow to jacksonville

we swap picks in the second and fourth and we get a conditional 2013 pick.

thats my guesA!!!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #2671
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 31,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
so you just wrote a post in which your stance is that the Broncos should forgo Peyton Manning in favor of Chad Henne.

I just want to make sure this actually exists
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #2672
bigbucks24
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 227

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Not the only reason at all, who wouldn't love to have Peyton? But my understanding is the chief reason behing the motivation is it gives football operations an opportunity to make a move with the incumbent without needing to justify it to ownership and customers. ...
Do you have a source for this? The CHIEF reason? The biggest, main reason for courting Peyton is to get rid of Tim? Is there an article or quote somewhere that backs this up? Or does this just fit into your conspiracy so you say it is true?
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #2673
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 44,359

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
Do you have a source for this? The CHIEF reason? The biggest, main reason for courting Peyton is to get rid of Tim? Is there an article or quote somewhere that backs this up? Or does this just fit into your conspiracy so you say it is true?
montrose has very good connections in the Denver sports media area, dude. If he says thats what he's hearing, then that's what it is.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #2674
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,693
Default

or he could just be a ****ing idiot
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #2675
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
See that's what I dont understand, Raj. I get that they think it will fail and I could see why they want to build for the pass on offense and against the pass on defense cause thats where the league is, but its just one more year. Its just one more year to evaluate if he can progress as a passer to a decent point. He hasnt even gotten a real summer to develop yet. The worst thing that could happen is you have a bad year and I suspect we werent going to be great anyway with this schedule (assuming no Manning ofcourse), so I'm not seeing a huge oppurtunity lost here with giving Tebow one more year to try and progress. BTW, Weeden would be a stupid pick. He's already too old, by the time he adjusts to the league, he's 30, so its already over. That's just dumb that they would want him.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
so you just wrote a post in which your stance is that the Broncos should forgo Peyton Manning in favor of Chad Henne.

I just want to make sure this actually exists
No, I'd love to have Manning. I was speaking in a hypothetical that the Broncos dont HAVE to get Manning if they're hell bent on ridding themselves of Tebow. And honestly a lot of it is venting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
Do you have a source for this? The CHIEF reason? The biggest, main reason for courting Peyton is to get rid of Tim? Is there an article or quote somewhere that backs this up? Or does this just fit into your conspiracy so you say it is true?
Ummmm, lets call it a hunch.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Denver Broncos