The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #2426
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
To clarify again, I'm happy with either results: manning (goat, in my eyes) or tebow (potential to change the game forever).

That being said, I'm not pretend the neck injury and subsequent surgeries and a YEARS worth of setbacks didn't happen.

I'm also not going to ignore the fact that his contract carries the weight of All-Pro CB Jonathan Joseph, All-Pro Guard Carl Nicks and should-be All-Pro NT Barry Cofield... COMBINED (and Peyton will likely cost more...)
Change game forever? he will bounce around the league and will never amount to nothing with his weak passing game.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #2427
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

i know its twitter but heres some interesting stuff from brandon spano:

Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano
Has Manning signed yet? Oh, not yet? Thats okay, give it some time. He'll be a Bronco soon enough, kids.

Let's put it this way. If Manning was done with his meetings and we had no chance of disrespecting anybody, I'd be writing a story right now

Let's be more specific, I've already written the story and a have the big red GO button by my side.
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #2428
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post

Has Manning signed yet? Oh, not yet? Thats okay, give it some time. He'll be a Bronco soon enough, kids.

Let's put it this way. If Manning was done with his meetings and we had no chance of disrespecting anybody, I'd be writing a story right now

Let's be more specific, I've already written the story and a have the big red GO button by my side.
This is relevant to my interests
Old 03-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #2429
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

he certainly seems confident....if it doesnt turn out this way i hope people berade @BrandonSpano with comments gently explaining how he wiffed on this.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #2430
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Change game forever? he will bounce around the league and will never amount to nothing with his weak passing game.
5 star post...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #2431
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Bobby Douglas is so passe.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #2432
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...brandon spano:
Is this guy legit/respected? Denver guy? I never heard of him before this whole PM ordeal.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #2433
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I cant wait to cover Peyton Manning next year. ;-)

@BrandonSpano
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #2434
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'm all for bringing in the FA player bigger game impact for our money.
Depends on the difference in money and player. Manning will likely make around 7 times as much in one year as Tebow would make over the NEXT THREE.

That difference is likely good for at least 3-4 elite players at other positions. Possibly more depending on what positions.

And that's not even getting into signing Peyton's nursing home buddies.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #2435
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Is this guy legit/respected? Denver guy? I never heard of him before this whole PM ordeal.
I dont know him all that well, but it seems like 1043 and CBS 4 trust him to an extent. He has his own radio show, but other than that I dont know much about him. Sorry
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #2436
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Depends on the difference in money and player. Manning will likely make around 7 times as much in one year as Tebow would make over the NEXT THREE.

That difference is likely good for at least 3-4 elite players at other positions. Possibly more depending on what positions.

And that's not even getting into signing Peyton's nursing home buddies.
Williams is an elite player. He should be making between 15 and 20 million bucks this season. Damn near what Manning will be making and you think we can land another 2 or 3 elite players on top of that? I really would like to see what 3-4 elite players you can put together to equal what Manning will make.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #2437
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Williams is an elite player. He should be making between 15 and 20 million bucks this season. Damn near what Manning will be making and you think we can land another 2 or 3 elite players on top of that? I really would like to see what 3-4 elite players you can put together to equal what Manning will make.
vvvv

Quote:
To clarify again, I'm happy with either results: manning (goat, in my eyes) or tebow (potential to change the game forever).

That being said, I'm not pretend the neck injury and subsequent surgeries and a YEARS worth of setbacks didn't happen.

I'm also not going to ignore the fact that his contract carries the weight of All-Pro CB Jonathan Joseph, All-Pro Guard Carl Nicks and should-be All-Pro NT Barry Cofield... COMBINED (and Peyton will likely cost more...)
Old 03-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #2438
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
vvvv
We will see when it is said in done. Nicks wants more then a 6 year 51 million dollar deal. That's what? A base about 8.5 per year on that deal. Johnathan Joseph signed a 5 year 48.75 million with 23.5 guaranteed. The Skins got a good deal with Barry Cofield. 6 years 36 million.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-richest-guard
Old 03-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #2439
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
We will see when it is said in done. Nicks wants more then a 6 year 51 million dollar deal. That's what? A base about 8.5 per year on that deal. Johnathan Joseph signed a 5 year 48.75 million with 23.5 guaranteed. The Skins got a good deal with Barry Cofield. 6 years 36 million.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-richest-guard
Exactly. Approx 20 mill per season for ALL THREE. That's Peyton Manning money... less actually.

You can swap JJ with Carr... he'll probably go a little cheaper. I'm thinking 6 mill per year, keep Nicks, and Solai for Cofield (Solai will prob be 2 mill per year cheaper actually)... all will go for about 18 million. So likely we could not only fit all 3, but even fit another pro-bowl caliber starter under the umbrella of what Peyton costs.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #2440
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yup, as if going 10-6 with Manning and winning a playoff game would be a "failure", but going 6-10 with Tebow would somehow be a "success". Superior logic at work.
Who exactly claimed that 6-10 would be a success? You do realize Tebow was 7-4 last season, right? Why would you argue that the Manning trade isn't a failure if the team doesn't improve? 10-6, with one playoff win, would be a disaster...

You are proving to be too stupid for message boards, again...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #2441
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ Come on, jhns, you can figure this out. The oft repeated nonsense is that anything short of a Super Bowl title is a failure for the PM acquisition. My plainly obvious point is that if the team improves that's a "success".
Old 03-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #2442
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Exactly. Approx 20 mill per season for ALL THREE. That's Peyton Manning money... less actually.

You can swap JJ with Carr... he'll probably go a little cheaper. I'm thinking 6 mill per year, keep Nicks, and Solai for Cofield (Solai will prob be 2 mill per year cheaper actually)... all will go for about 18 million. So likely we could not only fit all 3, but even fit another pro-bowl caliber starter under the umbrella of what Peyton costs.
Paul Soliai isn't all that impressive to me. I think he is solid don't get me wrong but Cofield can rush the passer so he should get paid more. Carr I like, I think he is worth the money. Still it's a lot for a number 2 CB. I like a guy like Marcus Trufant who will be cheaper.

Really if it was Cofield, JJ, and Nicks then yeah I would take them over Manning but, Soliai just doesn't wow me even more so given the fact that I think we can get a number two CB cheaper.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #2443
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Paul Soliai isn't all that impressive to me. I think he is solid don't get me wrong but Cofield can rush the passer so he should get paid more. Carr I like, I think he is worth the money. Still it's a lot for a number 2 CB. I like a guy like Marcus Trufant who will be cheaper.

Really if it was Cofield, JJ, and Nicks then yeah I would take them over Manning but, Soliai just doesn't wow me even more so given the fact that I think we can get a number two CB cheaper.
We can bicker about semantics, but the point is, I've just showed you multiple examples of fitting several great players in the same $ as 1 neck-fused 36 y/o Peyton Manning.

I love him, and I won't lament the signing if it happens (which I vehemently believe it won't), but I do think there's a better approach towards building the TEAM with the $ that's apparently available to the FO.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #2444
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
^ Come on, jhns, you can figure this out. The oft repeated nonsense is that anything short of a Super Bowl title is a failure for the PM acquisition. My plainly obvious point is that if the team improves that's a "success".
And none of this explains the stupidity of that post.

Who said 6-10 would be a success? How is no improvement, an argument that improvement is a success?

You are an idiot.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #2445
TonyR
Franchise Poster

2:06 PM Omar Kelly: I have NO IDEA if this is true....we'll only know once he's signed, but I've heard the price for Manning is $65 million over 3. https://twitter.com/#!/OmarKelly/sta...18454192652288

2:00 PM TitanInsider: Hold off momentarily on Peyton-Munchak meeting. Munchak just left airport with Steve Hutchinson, says Paul Jones of Fox 17 who saw them https://twitter.com/#!/TitanInsider2...23054425591808

1:52 PM Adam Schefter: Despite speculation that Houston still could make a run at Peyton Manning, the Texans have no plans to pursue the free-agent QB. https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/...09068627951616

1:24 PM Albert Breer: Titans group that will meeting with Peyton Manning will be headed up by head coach Mike Munchak and offensive coordinator Chris Palmer. Munchak's a very good recruiter -- Big reason Hasselbeck signed. And Palmer coached Eli in New York from 2007-09. Just to clear this up (not a big deal) ... Reporting that Palmer/Munchak will meet with Titans today or tomorrow. Location not clear. https://twitter.com/#!/AlbertBreer/s...08359622815744

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-watch-3-13-12

Last edited by TonyR; 03-13-2012 at 12:20 PM..
Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #2446
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
2:06 PM Omar Kelly: I have NO IDEA if this is true....we'll only know once he's signed, but I've heard the price for Manning is $65 million over 3.
Sounds about right. Scary part is approx 50% will be guaranteed.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #2447
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Two weeks ago, I thought this whole thing was a pipe-dream.

Last week, I thought maybe 1 chance in 3.

Now I think it's actually going happen. Denver's FO obviously wants him and we have more cap room than any other team in contention. He's obviously interested or he wouldn't have bothered flying out. Unless DJ or Sauced runs over him in the parking lot, I think it's going to happen before the week is out.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #2448
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
We can bicker about semantics, but the point is, I've just showed you multiple examples of fitting several great players in the same $ as 1 neck-fused 36 y/o Peyton Manning.

I love him, and I won't lament the signing if it happens (which I vehemently believe it won't), but I do think there's a better approach towards building the TEAM with the $ that's apparently available to the FO.
Well it sounds like Denver is going after it's needs regardless of what Manning does so it's a good day in Denver.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #2449
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Now I think it's actually going happen.
I still lean that way, buy my confidence is reduced by the push Tennessee is going to make noted in my post above.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #2450
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I think that if Manning was really that interested in the Titans, he'd be visiting them and not vice-versa.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote