The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #2351
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Prior to missing this past season Manning led his team to 9 straight play off seasons of which his team won 12 or more games in 7 of them....two SB's and one title.

That is clever....and about as good as you can get in the salary cap free agency era where it is hard to keep a team together

I'm looking for the Bronco equivalencies for Wayne, Harrison, Garcon and Clark, James, Glenn, Freeney, Sanders, Brackett and Saturday on the Broncos roster...crazy, but I'm not seeing them.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #2352
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
so if we get manning then what is our goal will fans be happy with just a playoff appearance ? a playoff win ? afc championship appearance or a Superbowl appearance or all or nothing ?
SB win or the move is failure.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #2353
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I think Bud Adams fires some staff tomorrow. Just a gut feeling nothing to base off of.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #2354
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
SB win or the move is failure.

Exactly.

Amazingly though, if Denver signs Manning and they do not win a SB in the next three years, the excuse will be a lack of supporting cast.

Conveniently it will be forgotten that was the argument against Manning coming here in the first place...

Hillarity will ensue as we look for the next totally awesom-o QB5000.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #2355
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I'm looking for the Bronco equivalencies for Wayne, Harrison, Garcon and Clark, James, Glenn, Freeney, Sanders, Brackett and Saturday on the Broncos roster...crazy, but I'm not seeing them.

Did you also notice we don't have the eqivalent of Manning as well? Or are you contending that Tebow with those players could've done as good if not better?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #2356
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Exactly.

Amazingly though, if Denver signs Manning and they do not win a SB in the next three years, the excuse will be a lack of supporting cast.

Conveniently it will be forgotten that was the argument against Manning coming here in the first place...

Hillarity will ensue as we look for the next totally awesom-o QB5000.

As opposed to not signing Manning, keeping Tebow, and drafting "talent".....and if we don't win it all in next 3 years, what will the excuse be?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #2357
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Did you also notice we don't have the eqivalent of Manning as well? Or are you contending that Tebow with those players could've done as good if not better?

Pointing out something obvious.

Elway was great. Elway won titles when he had a great supporting cast around him.

Manning is great. He won a title with a great supporting cast around him. If you think the issues that plagued the Broncos for the last 2 seasons is suddenly going to disappear and we cruise to a title then I have a bridge to sell you.

Signing old Colts is not a path to a title. Its the Dan Snyder method for excellence.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #2358
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
As opposed to not signing Manning, keeping Tebow, and drafting "talent".....and if we don't win it all in next 3 years, what will the excuse be?
The QB. Neither you nor I can guarantee that Tebow will lead Denver to a title. And neither you nor I can say the same with Manning.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #2359
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Elway was great. Elway won titles when he had a great supporting cast around him.

Manning is great. He won a title with a great supporting cast around him. If you think the issues that plagued the Broncos for the last 2 seasons is suddenly going to disappear and we cruise to a title then I have a bridge to sell you.

Signing old Colts is not a path to a title. Its the Dan Snyder method for excellence.

I never said that we should sign peyton's former team....Clark is the only one I think will help out greatly, because he's an elite TE.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #2360
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The QB. Neither you nor I can guarantee that Tebow will lead Denver to a title. And neither you nor I can say the same with Manning.

Exactly....we can't guarantee anything. But I think our chances INCREASE with Manning playing QB vs. Tebow.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #2361
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:

I agree with you

It would be awesome to have a great QB again. Do I expect SB rings no but, at least we could have a shot for 1-3 years. If Tebow starts in 12 my goal will be can he beat a healthy good team or not. We lucked out alot in 11 with timely opponent injuries that made the playoff run alot easier.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #2362
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
I never said that we should sign peyton's former team....Clark is the only one I think will help out greatly, because he's an elite TE.
You mean not Saturday? Manning can manage the receivers. Saturday would manage the o-line.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #2363
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Concussion thing worries me
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #2364
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I agree with you

It would be awesome to have a great QB again. Do I expect SB rings no but, at least we could have a shot for 1-3 years. If Tebow starts in 12 my goal will be can he beat a healthy good team or not. We lucked out alot in 11 with timely opponent injuries that made the playoff run alot easier.

At this point I am just done with this nonsense QB driven drama that is annually the Broncos offseason. Denver should have a plan for the guys they would need if Manning was not a FA. Signing Manning does not fix the defense. It does not bring in the #2 CB, a vet safety, a MLB with coverage skills or depth and talent along the defensive line.

The over the top enthusiasm about a 36 year old QB who had 4 surgeries on his neck and still has nerve damage is pure insanity. He is somehow going to get Denver back to a SB? Will the offense improve? Of course it will. So instead of losing 7-3 games we lose games 45-38.

It seems Bronco fans prefer pretty losses to ugly wins. It makes me want to punch a preemie.

Last edited by Archer81; 03-14-2012 at 12:33 AM..
Old 03-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #2365
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
You mean not Saturday? Manning can manage the receivers. Saturday would manage the o-line.
Both! Manning loves using the TE and having a total stud center in Saturday helps that line for 2012. McD screwed up the TE position and we need a stud at that position. I don't see it in the draft like I see it in FA. This also gives us more of an opportunity to stick with defense in the draft.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #2366
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Both! Manning loves using the TE and having a total stud center in Saturday helps that line for 2012. McD screwed up the TE position and we need a stud at that position. I don't see it in the draft like I see it in FA. This also gives us more of an opportunity to stick with defense in the draft.
I think there are like 10-12 TE in this years draft. So I don't think that we're going after TE this year. Also just because Tebow didn't throw to the TE a lot this year doesn't mean they suck. I agree with you that this team has a lot of holes, but going through FA to fix all of them is a mistake also, look at the Eagles.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #2367
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
At this point I am just done with this nonsense QB driven drama that is annually the Broncos offseason. Denver should have a plan for the guys they would need if Manning was not a FA. Signing Manning does not fix the defense. It does not bring in the #2 CB, a vet safety, a MLB with coverage skills or depth and talent along the defensive line.

The over the top enthusiasm about a 36 year old QB who had 4 surgeries on his neck and still has nerve damage is pure insanity. He is somehow going to get Denver back to a SB? Will the offense improve? Of course it will. So instead of losing 7-3 games we lose games 45-38.

It seems Bronco fans perfer pretty losses to ugly wins. It makes me want to punch a preemie.

45 to 38 would be an improvement over the four games teams scored over 40 points on us last year. Playoffs not included. I prefer not to lose but if we do I don't want to be butte ****ing raped like we have been.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 03-12-2012 at 11:57 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #2368
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Fox ALWAYS plays that way.. he got to a superbowl playing that way!
I'm curious.....is getting to the SB a problem for you?
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #2369
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieopperude View Post
To me. We need to win the AFC West and be in a place to compete in the playoffs against all the teams. If we lose to Balt. or NE in a hard fought battle I am ok with that. I'm not OK with losing 45 to 14 in the 2nd round of the playoffs and looking like we shouldn't be there.

That would be a failure for the Manning experiment.
so you be ok with just losing by a few points knowing that the NFL don't award teams for losing by a few points most the time except to do tie breakers when all other tie breakers except coin toss fails . ok fair enough im bad at predicting the future btw .
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #2370
Shananahan

TOTAL STUD
Old 03-13-2012, 01:56 AM   #2371
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I have seen this many times..Manning will not be a bronco.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:10 AM   #2372
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I have seen this many times..Manning will not be a bronco.
Agreed.

Thats why you don't let guys your trying to sign leave town. But for some reason, people were arguing that 'Manning is different,' really he promised those other teams so he has to go, but he will be back.

Shanny used to have guys on the plane and at the facilities at 12:01 so they could be signed once FA started. I can only think of one time where a player we coveted left without a contract that we still landed.

So much pressure is brought to bear when they are getting the pitch that you expect someone who is interested to take the offer. If they pass the offer wasnt good enough or they were not interested.

FA don't just show up out of curiosity. These dog and pony shows the team puts on are not done for goodwill purposes either.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #2373
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
Agreed.

Thats why you don't let guys your trying to sign leave town. But for some reason, people were arguing that 'Manning is different,' really he promised those other teams so he has to go, but he will be back.

Shanny used to have guys on the plane and at the facilities at 12:01 so they could be signed once FA started. I can only think of one time where a player we coveted left without a contract that we still landed.

So much pressure is brought to bear when they are getting the pitch that you expect someone who is interested to take the offer. If they pass the offer wasnt good enough or they were not interested.

FA don't just show up out of curiosity. These dog and pony shows the team puts on are not done for goodwill purposes either.
Reggie white and many other big time FA did a tour then decided right? Manning an exception. Not many big time QBS ever hit the FA market. The usually get traded at end of the career etc etc. Or just are so washed up its not a big circus.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #2374
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Reggie white and many other big time FA did a tour then decided right? Manning an exception. Not many big time QBS ever hit the FA market. The usually get traded at end of the career etc etc. Or just are so washed up its not a big circus.
You want to use Reggie White as an example? The guy that got the Jets to trade for a has been Boomer Esiason on his say so during a visit before signing with Green Bay?

Free Agents may not always sign with the first team they visit, but they almost always sign with the last. Usually the deal gets done during the visit, not after they have had time to go home and mull it over.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:47 AM   #2375
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Dumervil? Champ? Von?

We have a number of quality players ourselves, we did go the playoffs last year you know.

You can bet that the offensive line will all of a sudden look a hell of a lot better with Manning changing the protections at the line and making quick reads and throws, and that our receivers will magically look significantly improved with him throwing the ball to them.

If he's healthy and we can add a few solid pieces to the D in FA then we're good enough to seriously contend IMO.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote