The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #2276
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
No, you don't. You tell him we can build a serious contender with our cap room with some of the players from the Colts, assuming they are healthy of course. A fighting chance is what a team like the Chiefs would say.
Whatever....we basically said the same thing.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #2277
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Good thing Manning plays MLB, DT and CB then. We would have gone 16-0...

....damn....then he'd really hurt his neck.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #2278
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Pete Prisco ‏ @PriscoCBS

The word I hear tonight from one league exec is he thinks Manning, Wayne and Clark all might be going to Denver
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #2279
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Anyone who is arguing that we would be better off from a win/loss standpoint with Tebow over Manning needs a reality check. That just isn't true.

Now if you want to argue that you want to develop Tebow, save the cap room, and make a run at a title in 3 years when Tebow has a better grasp of the NFL. Well you can argue for that. I do have bad news though. We are probably only going to win 4 to 6 games next year with Tebow at QB and that schedule and he will be jettisoned out of here regardless by John.

This is a lose/lose situation for Tebow. Look at the schedule. The cards are stacked against us next year with Tim.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #2280
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Pete Prisco ‏ @PriscoCBS

The word I hear tonight from one league exec is he thinks Manning, Wayne and Clark all might be going to Denver
nice, I hope its true
Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #2281
lolcopter

Quote:
Pete Prisco ‏ @PriscoCBS

Yeah buddy
Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #2282
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieopperude View Post
Anyone who is arguing that we would be better off from a win/loss standpoint with Tebow over Manning needs a reality check. That just isn't true.

Now if you want to argue that you want to develop Tebow, save the cap room, and make a run at a title in 3 years when Tebow has a better grasp of the NFL. Well you can argue for that. I do have bad news though. We are probably only going to win 4 to 6 games next year with Tebow at QB and that schedule and he will be jettisoned out of here regardless by John.

This is a lose/lose situation for Tebow. Look at the schedule. The cards are stacked against us next year with Tim.
Never sweat the schedule months in advance. Everything changes once the season starts to roll.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #2283
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Pete Prisco ‏ @PriscoCBS

I always figured they were a packaged deal. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they all sign the same amount of years contract. Probably 3 to 5 year deals.

I gotta say we are going to look very improved on Offense if this happens. With Fox and Del Rio working the D we should be a very good team.

I think we go DT in round 1 and possibly DB in RD 2 and we have the makings of a very good defense with quality depth. Ty Warren coming back could be a huge help on that DL rotation with Bunkley also. (Assuming he is resigned.)

Next up at MLB. Dan O'Connor come on down.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #2284
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Never sweat the schedule months in advance. Everything changes once the season starts to roll.
It would take another act of god for us to go 8-8. I'm talking multiple teams losing their starting QB's against us to get us there.

Timmy is going to have to own the AFC West to get us to 8-8.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #2285
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I always figured they were a packaged deal. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they all sign the same amount of years contract. Probably 3 to 5 year deals.

I gotta say we are going to look very improved on Offense if this happens. With Fox and Del Rio working the D we should be a very good team.

I think we go DT in round 1 and possibly DB in RD 2 and we have the makings of a very good defense with quality depth. Ty Warren coming back could be a huge help on that DL rotation with Bunkley also. (Assuming he is resigned.)

Next up at MLB. Dan O'Connor come on down.
If this happens expect Dawkins and a few other veterans to step forward to make one huge push for a last ring or two, good point on Warren.
Broncojef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #2286
MacGruder

Quote:

It's lose lose for the Broncos fans.. you are right that Tebow leaving is probably the best thing for him.. it didn't have to be that way though.. if the fanbase didn't let Elway screw it up it wouldn't be screwed up. This whole thing went to crap when he hired Fox. Fox never had a prayer of adapting to Tebow and Elway knew it...
Old 03-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #2287
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Pete Prisco ‏ @PriscoCBS

Great we're back to posting anonymous twitter leads about what people who won't make any decisions think.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #2288
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
It would take another act of god for us to go 8-8. I'm talking multiple teams losing their starting QB's against us to get us there.

You're also assuming that Tebow will not have improved at all from last season to the next. He will get better this offseason, with full camps and lots of time to train on things.
Broncobiv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #2289
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Just looked at that schedule again and with Timmy I think the over/under on wins is going to be 5 with a high likely hood on the under.

With Peyton/Wayne/Clark the over/under is probably 9. That's how rough that schedule is.

http://broncotalk.net/2012/01/28201/...nts-announced/
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #2290
Drunken.Broncoholic

Not to be a downer but since I'm a spurs fan thought id throw this out there. TJ ford had spinal fusion surgery a few years back. Got a stinger in the March 7th game and abruptly retired before their game tonight.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #2291
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I'm thinking Manning is demanding that whatever team he goes to signs, at the very least, Reggie Wayne.

There's no room for Wayne in KC with Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin. At least from Pioli's point of view, I'm sure.

If I have a chance at Peyton Manning I tell Steve Breaston to take a hike. But Pioli is not going to let a player run the show like that.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #2292
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
You're also assuming that Tebow will not have improved at all from last season to the next. He will get better this offseason, with full camps and lots of time to train on things.
Say Tebow improves by 15 percent on his passing (reasonable). That would mean he completes about 53 to 55 percent of his passes. I still don't think that will be enough to sustain drives or score enough points to beat alot of teams on that schedule.

Like I have stated. He is going to have to own the AFC West. Outside of Cleveland we will be under dogs in the rest of those out of division games.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #2293
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Cleveland Browns (4-12)
Houston Texans (10-6)
New Orleans Saints (13-3)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12
Baltimore Ravens (12-4)
Atlanta Falcons (10-6)
Carolina Panthers (6-10)

These are the 7 games we have that aren't teams we played last year. With a full offseason and some improvement, it's pretty easy to find at least 4 wins out of 7. NO is tough, but so was GB. Baltimore is tough, but so was Detroit. Outside of those two games I don't see any to be all that scared about.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #2294
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Not to be a downer but since I'm a spurs fan thought id throw this out there. TJ ford had spinal fusion surgery a few years back. Got a stinger in the March 7th game and abruptly retired before their game tonight.
At least he made it a few more years. I think John is just hoping for 3 more years out of Peyton.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #2295
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If the Broncos sign Manning, their main objective will be to go after the Super Bowl. Developing Tebow will not be important and he will not grow as a QB taking minimal snaps in camp and holding a clipboard for 2-3 more years. That has happened with Tebow since he's been a Bronco and not much development has occurred doing that.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #2296
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm thinking Manning is demanding that whatever team he goes to signs, at the very least, Reggie Wayne.

There's no room for Wayne in KC with Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin. At least from Pioli's point of view, I'm sure.

If I have a chance at Peyton Manning I tell Steve Breaston to take a hike. But Pioli is not going to let a player run the show like that.
You guys never had a chance because Pioli is a douche!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #2297
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
At least he made it a few more years. I think John is just hoping for 3 more years out of Peyton.
It's also basketball. Not football. Behind an O-Line that gives up lots of sacks. And plays the Saints this year... if you know what I mean.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #2298
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
You guys never had a chance because Pioli is a douche!!
And it's KC and the Chiefs. Manning isn't desperate.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #2299
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Say Tebow improves by 15 percent on his passing (reasonable). That would mean he completes about 53 to 55 percent of his passes. I still don't think that will be enough to sustain drives or score enough points to beat alot of teams on that schedule.

Like I have stated. He is going to have to own the AFC West. Outside of Cleveland we will be under dogs in the rest of those out of division games.
Improving by 15% gets him to 61.5%. With his rushing ability, that is definitely good enough to win a lot of games.
Broncobiv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #2300
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Cleveland Browns (4-12)
Houston Texans (10-6)
New Orleans Saints (13-3)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12
Baltimore Ravens (12-4)
Atlanta Falcons (10-6)
Carolina Panthers (6-10)

These are the 7 games we have that aren't teams we played last year. With a full offseason and some improvement, it's pretty easy to find at least 4 wins out of 7. NO is tough, but so was GB. Baltimore is tough, but so was Detroit. Outside of those two games I don't see any to be all that scared about.
You are so clueless. We aren't going to be able to score enough points to keep up with Atlanta, Carolina, or Houston.
New Orleans is way better than us as is N.E.
I don't think we surprise Pitt again.

I think the T.B. game is a 60/40 we are the favorite. I missed them on my first glance at the schedule.

We will be lucky to go 3-7.

Remember the Broncos beat zero teams with a winning record last year in the regular season. The schedule shows 11 games against teams at or above .500 and another 2 against 7-9 KC who we lost 1 game too and only managed 3 points.