The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #126
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Yeah, being 11th in yards per rush is terrible... I'm sure Manning would want to work with someone that gives up on plays, too.
Yeah I'm sure Tebow had nothing to do with that. 6 of your 11 rushing TD's came from him and he had 5.4 YPC. And the option offense helped McGahee get more yards since Tebow was a runner most of the time.

So unless Fox is planning to line Tebow up at RB, it's moot. Without Tebow the Broncos are an average at best running team.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #127
Shananahan

I find it kinda hilarious that some people around here are making fun of the Chiefs for failing to do something Denver hasn't done yet.

I don't have a problem with it, but it's a little hilarious.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #128
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I find it kinda hilarious that some people around here are making fun of the Chiefs for failing to do something Denver hasn't done yet.

I don't have a problem with it, but it's a little hilarious.
Seemed to me that it was more about making fun of Bob (and KCStud) for running "KC's gonna sign Manning" smack here immediately before Manning came to visit Dove Valley. While the point is valid that we haven't yet signed Manning either, all indicators are that our odds of doing so are far higher than KC's.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:35 AM   #129
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Seemed to me that it was more about making fun of Bob (and KCStud) for running "KC's gonna sign Manning" smack here immediately before Manning came to visit Dove Valley. While the point is valid that we haven't yet signed Manning either, all indicators are that our odds of doing so are far higher than KC's.
Doesn't matter who gets Manning. He may win the division, but he'll get owned in January by the Patriots again like always.
Peyton isn't that good in the playoffs and that isn't likely to change with Tom Brady, Big Ben and the Ravens still in the conference.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #130
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Doesn't matter who gets Manning. He may win the division, but he'll get owned in January by the Patriots again like always.
Peyton isn't that good in the playoffs and that isn't likely to change with Tom Brady, Big Ben and the Ravens still in the conference.
How the tune has changed since Page One of this thread. The grapes are very sour indeed.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #131
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How the tune has changed since Page One of this thread. The grapes are very sour indeed.
No not at all. Whoever gets Manning has a very strong chance to win the division, like I noted earlier. However, the playoffs are entirely different story with Peyton. Always has been with Tom Brady around.
But a shot is a shot when for any team with a good QB in January.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #132
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
No not at all. Whoever gets Manning has a very strong chance to win the division, like I noted earlier. However, the playoffs are entirely different story with Peyton. Always has been with Tom Brady around.
But a shot is a shot when for any team with a good QB in January.
Any team is smart to take a chance on Manning especially since they don't have to give any compensation to the Colts. If you can sign a future first-ballot HOF'er, (and have the cap room) you do it.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #133
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Any team is smart to take a chance on Manning especially since they don't have to give any compensation to the Colts. If you can sign a future first-ballot HOF'er, (and have the cap room) you do it.
That's true, but Manning has baggage. He hasn't played in over a year and had 4 severe neck injuries. At 36, that poses a lot of questions, and teams that are gonna pay him big money without working him out first are not thinking this through.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #134
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
That's true, but Manning has baggage. He hasn't played in over a year and had 4 severe neck injuries. At 36, that poses a lot of questions, and teams that are gonna pay him big money without working him out first are not thinking this through.
You'd still welcome him with open arms... regardless of "baggage"... if there was a chance of him coming to KC. Again, Chefs fans were bragging (and warning us Broncos fans to "be afraid" at the prospect of Manning signing with KC) on Page One of this thread. The tune (from you & Bob) did change once the news broke that Manning had visited Denver.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #135
woodall
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
However, the playoffs are entirely different story with Peyton. Always has been with Tom Brady around.
In their last 8 meetings, the Colts are 5-3 against the Patriots and in their last postseason meeting, the Colts overcame a 21-3 deficit.....so you are an idiot.
woodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #136
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
You'd still welcome him with open arms... regardless of "baggage"... if there was a chance of him coming to KC. Again, Chefs fans were bragging (and warning us Broncos fans to "be afraid" at the prospect of Manning signing with KC) on Page One of this thread. The tune (from you & Bob) did change once the news broke that Manning had visited Denver.
to be fair a lot of us were talking about how terrible an idea Manning was, until he flew to Denver.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #137
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

flip flop...
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #138
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:

"KC "stud"
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #139
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Pretty sure that Manning would have already signed with KC if Boob hadn't posted yet another monumental backfire thread.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #140
Rolandftw

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure Tebow had nothing to do with that. 6 of your 11 rushing TD's came from him and he had 5.4 YPC. And the option offense helped McGahee get more yards since Tebow was a runner most of the time.

So unless Fox is planning to line Tebow up at RB, it's moot. Without Tebow the Broncos are an average at best running team.
I meant there defense is 11th in yards given up per rush attempt. You claimed they couldn't stop the rush, but 4.1 yards given up per attempt isn't that bad. It's 0.1 yards more then the Chiefs.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #141
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

12 teams (or so) expressed interest in Manning. Only 2 teams have been flat out denied, one of them being KC. How does that BBQ taste?
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #142
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I think RB will shoot to the top of the draft list if we sign Peyton. And Fox /Maz has always had a dominate running team. Next year will be no different especially with the threat of a downfield pass to anyone and anywhere on the field.

you just look like a bitter fan who was rebuffed by Peyton.

Your takes now contridict your previsious takes when Peyton was a possiblity for KC
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #143
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I think RB will shoot to the top of the draft list if we sign Peyton. And Fox /Maz has always had a dominate running team. Next year will be no different especially with the threat of a downfield pass to anyone and anywhere on the field.

you just look like a bitter fan who was rebuffed by Peyton.

Your takes now contridict your previsious takes when Peyton was a possiblity for KC
It won't? We replaced Walton and Beadles?
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #144
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
It won't? We replaced Walton and Beadles?
Whether we do or don't I think Fox will field another top 10 rushing team. Denver is all over the country looking at Olineman so yes I expect an upgrade at G and probably Saturday at center if Peyton signs. He knows the line calls
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #145
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

KCStud on Tebow in February: Tebow sucks!

KCStud on Tebow in March: Tebow is the only reason you have a rushing offense!

KCStud on Manning a week ago: He'll want to play for us. We have all the tools and he will dominate here.

KCStud on Manning today after he snubbed the Chiefs: Manning has a lot of issues. Any team considering him is stupid.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #146
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
KCStud on Tebow in February: Tebow can't make the throws that good QB's do to consistently win.

KCStud on Tebow in March: Tebow is the only reason you have a rushing offense! (Truth)

KCStud on Manning a week ago: He would be a good fit for us. We have all the tools for him to succeed here. Manning has a lot of issues.

KCStud on Manning today after he snubbed the Chiefs: Manning still has a lot of issues. Any team considering him without working him out in person is stupid.
You're so cute when you try to rearrange what people say to try to make a point.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #147
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And Peyton didn't ignore KC....his agent did. I love it when your fan base acts like they know what's going on.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #148
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
And Peyton didn't ignore KC....his agent did. I love it when your fan base acts like they know what's going on.
You really are clueless.

It's cute that you think Manning's agent calls the shots.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #149
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
You really are clueless.

It's cute that you think Manning's agent calls the shots.
Actaully it was Condons' secretary that ignored Peyton. That should make him feel alot better.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #150
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Dang, that's even worse.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote