The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #1651
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Actual Doctors are saying Manning's neck is no more at risk than it was before the surgeries. This injury risk nonsense needs to go. The only question is whether he can recover all or almost all of his arm strength.

Doctors who are familiar with what was wrong with his neck, how the surgeries went down and have seen him regularly?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #1652
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Yeah, because having a bad neck that requires 4-5 surgeries inside of 1 year means it is just perfectly fine. I feel sorry for those doctors that are saying that if Manning goes down because of his neck after the first hard hit he takes.
He has been medically clear to play, has he not?
A year off-the-field concerns me more...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #1653
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't take the risk is crazy. Its worth it. Lets face it Tebows is a gamer, a thug in cleats when he runs, and a total class act, but hes been throwing the ball and playing football his whole life. The whole lets coach him up thing 3 yrs into his pro career is a joke. He throws how he throws and it probably wont ever be great.

If Tebow was smart he would learn FB/TE, then let the team use him in some short yardage packages running the option etc etc. Whatever. Find a roll. If we roll with Tebow, then I am also game. We grind it out and try and hit huge plays downfield. We need some WR who are good at the bomb then! Having big guys like DT who can run is also cool, but we could use some real burners IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #1654
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, because having a bad neck that requires 4-5 surgeries inside of 1 year means it is just perfectly fine. I feel sorry for those doctors that are saying that if Manning goes down because of his neck after the first hard hit he takes.
Well ok, I'll be sure to tell all these medical professionals that they are wrong and that some guy on the internet knows what he's talking about

I mean I don't know if you understand how these things work, but one typically undergoes surgery in order to fix something that is wrong. Presumably, the successful series of surgeries means that it is no longer broken. Doctors are saying that once the fusion takes hold, the bone is stronger than it was before the problems began. If the fusion didn't take hold, Manning wouldn't have been cleared to play, and he'd be retired right now.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #1655
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
And we can totally ignore the glaring holes on defense. Fantastic.

This is one very god reason why I have extreme reservations about bringing in Manning. We throw all sense of self, thought and strategy out the window and start slapping crap on O and ignore the multiple needs on the club. We were committed to building a solid D and had a good start. Manning means we commit vast resources to aging and expensive FAs chasing the Shanny model for two years and set this club back.
I hope you're not the next Nostradamus.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #1656
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I would think that they work him out and test that...
BTW, this is the first time I hear anything regarding his arm strength.
What's up with it?
the arm strength thing is apparently because of nerve problems that result from the neck issues. the bones apparently pinch the nerve. it uniformly gets better with time, but there's no way to know where manning is at without seeing him throw the ball
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #1657
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

36 year old with neck and arm problems coming to an entirely new team.

Sounds like a sure-fire bet! And the kind of landing Arizona would make...
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #1658
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
And what happens when the defense runs a blitz up the middle, and our Oline lets him meet Mr.Wonderful? Can he move out of the way? Take the hit and keep playing? Or get carted off because his neck couldn't take it?

Why not just work with the kid on his passing skills and footwork, you know, coach him up and see if he does even better than winning one playoff game in a year where he started for most of the season? Why waste the money on a 2 year rental at most, and that's if he holds up? Why not try building the team around your QB that was allowed to be drafted in the first round just a couple years ago? Why not just put all your faith and time in with him? If I was going to roll the dice, I'd roll them in favor of our current QB than with a one time great QB that will cost way too much to aquire, and may not be healthy enough to make it past week 1.

BTW, with Manning, we still don't beat NE in the playoffs last year.
Nor this year.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #1659
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post

DO IT ELWAY!

------ MORE
--MORE
Not so sure that Tebow would be traded. We'd still need a reliable backup, and for some reason I have a feeling that Fox and Elway might shock NFL defenses by designing an offense where BOTH COULD START in the same backfield. Imagine for a moment the problems that would cause NFL defenses in preparing for the Broncos. Yes, it would indeed be revolutionary, but I can see it happening! Tebow could be a fullback/H-back type of player when the ball would be snapped to Manning, and a blocker as well. I don't see Peyton just being a decoy on all such plays either, as I can envision Tebow taking the snap, faking a pass or run, and then lateraling the ball to Manning to throw downfield to a confused defense, or throwing the ball right back to Tebow for a huge gain! CRAZY?? YEAH, MAYBE, but I LIKE DREAMING anyway!!
SPORTSWRITER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #1660
BroncoBeavis

Hey Teboners. The Colts West would hang 60 easy on the Pats in the playoffs.

Peyton did some stem cell **** so we're golden. It's science.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #1661
Punisher
Styling And Profiling!

Running Wild in the AFC WOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

I'm just wondering you think he'll spend the night with the Cards
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #1662
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I'm just wondering you think he'll spend the night with the Cards
Are you insinuating tha John John will do "whatever it takes"
Old 03-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #1663
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

One tough selling point to Manning is that somehow the coaching staff, Fox to be exact, who is a conservative-minded coach, is going to open up the offense a bit. This idea that somehow Tebow will play at all with Manning at QB is fantasy. Manning will not sign a contract with the Broncos to come out of the game in short yardage situations and I don't see Tebow, after being told he was the starter going into camp and after feeling he had the job going into camp last season, willing to move to a different position. Not for the Broncos at least. Why would he? It is obvious the team does not have confidence in him, so why would he want to stay? Why would anyone want to stay in an organization that doesn't believe in you, and worse, after they tell you they do, but that was obviously not true? Oh, they had a chance to get Manning, but if they don't, they can now tell him they believe in him again? Until another QB they like better becomes available? Why should Tebow believe a thing they tell him now? I don't see a scenario other than trading Tebow now. Once trust is gone, that is rarely fixed.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #1664
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Barry's right. Elway is "unfaithful" to tim

Even if Manning ultimately decides against signing with the Broncos, Elway has revealed the truth: He's less than faithful to Tebow.

Read more: Kiszla: Broncos' Peyton Manning pursuit a crunching hit for Tim Tebow - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...#ixzz1oilKJ8Nm
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #1665
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
If you think we are going to try and "win now" with Manning on our current offensive roster you are nuts (as would be our front office). Signing Manning precludes the notion of playing and developing young players, because that will take too long. If we sign Manning it's almost certainly the beginning of a snowball effect that will take years to recover from.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 03-10-2012 at 06:48 AM..
Old 03-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #1666
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
Barry's right. Elway is "unfaithful" to tim

Even if Manning ultimately decides against signing with the Broncos, Elway has revealed the truth: He's less than faithful to Tebow.

Read more: Kiszla: Broncos' Peyton Manning pursuit a crunching hit for Tim Tebow - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...#ixzz1oilKJ8Nm
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
And can anyone really argue against that? It doesn't matter what people think of Tebow one way or the other, the bottom line is he felt he had the job going into last season and now after being told he was the starter, they go after someone else and that someone else can be anybody for that matter. The trust is gone now and I don't see how that can really be repaired. They can tell him all they want about how Manning is a once in a lifetime get, but how does Tebow know they won't go after someone else who may become available? Because they tell him he's the starter? They already did that so why should he believe that?
Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #1667
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
One tough selling point to Manning is that somehow the coaching staff, Fox to be exact, who is a conservative-minded coach, is going to open up the offense a bit. This idea that somehow Tebow will play at all with Manning at QB is fantasy. Manning will not sign a contract with the Broncos to come out of the game in short yardage situations and I don't see Tebow, after being told he was the starter going into camp and after feeling he had the job going into camp last season, willing to move to a different position. Not for the Broncos at least. Why would he? It is obvious the team does not have confidence in him, so why would he want to stay? Why would anyone want to stay in an organization that doesn't believe in you, and worse, after they tell you they do, but that was obviously not true? Oh, they had a chance to get Manning, but if they don't, they can now tell him they believe in him again? Until another QB they like better becomes available? Why should Tebow believe a thing they tell him now? I don't see a scenario other than trading Tebow now. Once trust is gone, that is rarely fixed.
The way this franchise has handled Tebow has been nothing short of shameful, and if I was him I'd actually be hoping for a trade. The kid was all-in with the Broncos, gave his all every play, and they haven't even had the decency to allow him some development time despite all his 4th quarter heroics and a playoff win. I really never thought the Broncos would be that type of franchise. It saddens me to realize they are.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #1668
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Don't have to be nostradamus, just have to remember.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #1669
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Hey Teboners. The Colts West would hang 60 easy on the Pats in the playoffs.

Peyton did some stem cell **** so we're golden. It's science.
Step 1 experimental stem cell treatment
Step 2 ?
Step 3 profits
Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #1670
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The way this franchise has handled Tebow has been nothing short of shameful, and if I was him I'd actually be hoping for a trade. The kid was all-in with the Broncos, gave his all every play, and they haven't even had the decency to allow him some development time despite all his 4th quarter heroics and a playoff win. I really never thought the Broncos would be that type of franchise. It saddens me to realize they are.
Well, you don't tell Tebow he has earned the right to be the starter, at least going into camp, and then a month later, look to sign Manning, who wouldn't be signed to compete for the job like some bozo around here thinks. He would obviously get the job while Tebow is left wondering if he can believe anything he is told by this organization again, especially after not being happy not being the starter going into this past season. Whether people like Tebow or not, reality is he is human and anybody would feel slighted and well lied to at this point in that they do not believe in him. So why would he want to stick around? People say, oh is is the NFL. True, but relationships are no different in the NFL. If you feel you are lied to and the team does not really believe in you, that is hard to repair. And really this isn't about how I feel, this is the reality of the situation and any of us would feel upset.

But I haven't stated Elway is wrong for what he has done. If he doesn't really believe in Tebow, he should look for a different QB. But Elway needs to learn if you keep talking in the media so much for all you are doing or trying to do, you will at times end up with your foot in your mouth like has has here. Stating pubicly Tebow earned the starting spot was probably not the wise thing to do, especially since it appears he did not really mean it.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #1671
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

I certainly won't take the word of our front office. They're on par with Al Davis in this regard.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #1672
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
But I haven't stated Elway is wrong for what he has done. If he doesn't really believe in Tebow, he should look for a different QB. But Elway needs to learn if you keep talking in the media so much for all you are doing or trying to do, you will at times end up with your foot in your mouth like has has here. Stating pubicly Tebow earned the starting spot was probably not the wise thing to do, especially since it appears he did not really mean it.
And if it boils down to his "belief" that only shows how bad he is at his job. It isn't about what you believe. It's about the results on the field. And we won with Tebow. That should be enough to buy him time to develop and grow. But I'm beginning to think it's not really about "winning" so much as "winning his way", when it comes to Elway. And "his way" is going to wreck this franchise if you ask me...
Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1673
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
36 year old with neck and arm problems coming to an entirely new team.

Sounds like a sure-fire bet! And the kind of landing Arizona would make...
We are in the same class as Arizona. This has become readily apparent in recent years.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #1674
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Any news on what Peyton is having for breakfast yet?
orange crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #1675
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
And if it boils down to his "belief" that only shows how bad he is at his job. It isn't about what you believe. It's about the results on the field. And we won with Tebow. That should be enough to buy him time to develop and grow. But I'm beginning to think it's not really about "winning" so much as "winning his way", when it comes to Elway. And "his way" is going to wreck this franchise if you ask me...
And really I haven't even got into that so much as the hysterical Tebow haters who are desperate for anybody else to play QB. Elway should not have pubicly stated a thing about Tebow and starting next year if he apparently didn't believe it. You do not tell your players things that are not true. That is how a coach loses his players and an organization loses players who want out.

And nowhere am I saying Elway is wrong to go after Manning. If he thinks he is the better option, then he needs to do it, but it comes with a price. This is why I wish Elway would get off twitter and stop talking to the media so much about these things. Once you say stuff and it is in print, you can't go back.