The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #1651
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The way this franchise has handled Tebow has been nothing short of shameful, and if I was him I'd actually be hoping for a trade. The kid was all-in with the Broncos, gave his all every play, and they haven't even had the decency to allow him some development time despite all his 4th quarter heroics and a playoff win. I really never thought the Broncos would be that type of franchise. It saddens me to realize they are.
Well, you don't tell Tebow he has earned the right to be the starter, at least going into camp, and then a month later, look to sign Manning, who wouldn't be signed to compete for the job like some bozo around here thinks. He would obviously get the job while Tebow is left wondering if he can believe anything he is told by this organization again, especially after not being happy not being the starter going into this past season. Whether people like Tebow or not, reality is he is human and anybody would feel slighted and well lied to at this point in that they do not believe in him. So why would he want to stick around? People say, oh is is the NFL. True, but relationships are no different in the NFL. If you feel you are lied to and the team does not really believe in you, that is hard to repair. And really this isn't about how I feel, this is the reality of the situation and any of us would feel upset.

But I haven't stated Elway is wrong for what he has done. If he doesn't really believe in Tebow, he should look for a different QB. But Elway needs to learn if you keep talking in the media so much for all you are doing or trying to do, you will at times end up with your foot in your mouth like has has here. Stating pubicly Tebow earned the starting spot was probably not the wise thing to do, especially since it appears he did not really mean it.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #1652
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

I certainly won't take the word of our front office. They're on par with Al Davis in this regard.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #1653
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
But I haven't stated Elway is wrong for what he has done. If he doesn't really believe in Tebow, he should look for a different QB. But Elway needs to learn if you keep talking in the media so much for all you are doing or trying to do, you will at times end up with your foot in your mouth like has has here. Stating pubicly Tebow earned the starting spot was probably not the wise thing to do, especially since it appears he did not really mean it.
And if it boils down to his "belief" that only shows how bad he is at his job. It isn't about what you believe. It's about the results on the field. And we won with Tebow. That should be enough to buy him time to develop and grow. But I'm beginning to think it's not really about "winning" so much as "winning his way", when it comes to Elway. And "his way" is going to wreck this franchise if you ask me...
Old 03-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #1654
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
36 year old with neck and arm problems coming to an entirely new team.

Sounds like a sure-fire bet! And the kind of landing Arizona would make...
We are in the same class as Arizona. This has become readily apparent in recent years.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:20 AM   #1655
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Mile High No Fly

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bennie Fowler

Any news on what Peyton is having for breakfast yet?
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #1656
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
And if it boils down to his "belief" that only shows how bad he is at his job. It isn't about what you believe. It's about the results on the field. And we won with Tebow. That should be enough to buy him time to develop and grow. But I'm beginning to think it's not really about "winning" so much as "winning his way", when it comes to Elway. And "his way" is going to wreck this franchise if you ask me...
And really I haven't even got into that so much as the hysterical Tebow haters who are desperate for anybody else to play QB. Elway should not have pubicly stated a thing about Tebow and starting next year if he apparently didn't believe it. You do not tell your players things that are not true. That is how a coach loses his players and an organization loses players who want out.

And nowhere am I saying Elway is wrong to go after Manning. If he thinks he is the better option, then he needs to do it, but it comes with a price. This is why I wish Elway would get off twitter and stop talking to the media so much about these things. Once you say stuff and it is in print, you can't go back.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #1657
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

People are missing the point. This isn't about what Elway thinks about Tebow's potential or what he is like as person, this is about Bowlen wanting to win the Superbowl NOW. It appears that Bowlen is ready to retire from/sell this team but before he goes he wants to hold that trophy one more time and he directing EFX to make that happen ASAP. That why they are pursing Manning and will do what every we need to go deep in the playoffs over the next 3 years.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #1658
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
People are missing the point. This isn't about what Elway thinks about Tebow's potential or what he is like as person, this is about Bowlen wanting to win the Superbowl NOW. It appears that Bowlen is ready to retire from/sell this team but before he goes he wants to hold that trophy one more time and he directing EFX to make that happen ASAP. That why they are pursing Manning and will do what every we need to go deep in the playoff over the next 3 years.
This does not make situation look any better. In fact, it shines a whole new level of ****-colored light on it.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #1659
Agamemnon

Quote:
And nowhere am I saying Elway is wrong to go after Manning.
Well I am. Because he is.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #1660
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
And can anyone really argue against that?
I can. I think there would be something to that take if we just rolled out the carpet for Matt Flynn or Rex Grossman, but this is Peyton Manning. A sure fire Hall of Famer, one of the best ever, who may still have something left in the tank. It's a very unique situation.

I'm sure Tebow is bummed about it, but if Manning goes elsewhere I don't think we've burned the Tebow bridge at all.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #1661
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
People are missing the point. This isn't about what Elway thinks about Tebow's potential or what he is like as person, this is about Bowlen wanting to win the Superbowl NOW. It appears that Bowlen is ready to retire from/sell this team but before he goes he wants to hold that trophy one more time and he directing EFX to make that happen ASAP. That why they are pursing Manning and will do what every we need to go deep in the playoffs over the next 3 years.
Pat won't remember any of this **** come Monday anyway.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #1662
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I can. I think there would be something to that take if we just rolled out the carpet for Matt Flynn or Rex Grossman, but this is Peyton Manning. A sure fire Hall of Famer, one of the best ever, who may still have something left in the tank. It's a very unique situation.

I'm sure Tebow is bummed about it, but if Manning goes elsewhere I don't think we've burned the Tebow bridge at all.
I agree. This is not a Cutler situation. Tebow is not going to throw a fit (at least not publicly) and have his daddy turn in the playbook. I'm sure he'll be pissed, but he will be a professional about it and move on. Plus, he has no leverage to demand a trade like Cutler did. There is little demand for his services and he has three years (I think) left on his contract.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #1663
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
the arm strength thing is apparently because of nerve problems that result from the neck issues. the bones apparently pinch the nerve. it uniformly gets better with time, but there's no way to know where manning is at without seeing him throw the ball
Google Peyton Manning at Duke....video of him throwing is available. Witnesses told Mortensen that he looked as good as he ever had.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #1664
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Google Peyton Manning at Duke....video of him throwing is available. Witnesses told Mortensen that he looked as good as he ever had.
The video is only marginally better than the Bigfoot tape. If Peyton wants the cash he's after he owes it to the club to do a workout.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #1665
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Nor this year.
You don't know that...but did it ever occur to you that with Manning on the team we might not have been the AFC's 6th seed, which meant our path to SB would have us playing different teams, and while that doesn't mean we don't play NE, doesn't mean we do either, correct....at least not unless both teams made it to conference title bout.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #1666
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
You don't know that...but did it ever occur to you that with Manning on the team we might not have been the AFC's 6th seed, which meant our path to SB would have us playing different teams, and while that doesn't mean we don't play NE, doesn't mean we do either, correct....at least not unless both teams made it to conference title bout.
Did it ever occur to you that if Tebow has started the entire season, we would have won a couple of more games anyway, and we might not have been the 6th seed? You can't make that argument one sided, sorry.

EDIT: we weren't a 6 seed, we were division winners, making us a 4 seed.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #1667
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Hey Teboners. The Colts West would hang 60 easy on the Pats in the playoffs.

Peyton did some stem cell **** so we're golden. It's science.
I doubt Peyton could hang 6 times the points on Pats....but it definitely would have been alot more than 10....and our defense wouldn't have had two offenses playing against them.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #1668
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
It's like saying the best indy car racer would have more success at a tractor pull than the 25th best tractor driver while pulling with an Indy car.
No, it's not really like saying that even a little bit. Dumb.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #1669
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I doubt Peyton could hang 6 times the points on Pats....but it definitely would have been alot more than 10....and our defense wouldn't have had two offenses playing against them.
considering how bad a defense NE had this past yr,peyton might have put up more.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #1670
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Hey Teboners. The Colts West would hang 60 easy on the Pats in the playoffs.
Come down off the ledge and start using some rational thinking skills. Give it a try. Nobody's saying we would've beat the Pats last year with Manning. But this year with Manning and the other improvements we make, if indeed this ends up happening, maybe we will.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #1671
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

And so the Broncos would only do this for a Manning type of QB? Manning signs and Tebow is expected to believe that in a couple years or so, he is the starter now after already believing at least once if not twice he had the job? The bottom line is if the Broncos don't believe Tebow will develop into a QB, then there is no point of him being on the roster. Trade him and move on already.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #1672
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Tebow will not demand a trade. He is the type of guy who just will not re-sign with denver.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1673
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
The video is only marginally better than the Bigfoot tape. If Peyton wants the cash he's after he owes it to the club to do a workout.
While video is grainey, you can still clearly see Manning throwing ball very well, with pretty good velocity and his typical accuracy....not mention EYEWITNESSES like his former OC said he looked like he always had.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #1674
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Tebow will not demand a trade. He is the type of guy who just will not re-sign with denver.
True, it is doubtful he would demand a trade, but maybe the Broncos would just keep him around for ticket sales so people could catch a glimpse of Tebow standing on the sideline or whatever.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #1675
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
You know where our defense is? I put out a missing persons report after they didn't show up for the Pats game.

The defensive performance in that game can most charitably be called impedimentry. They were about as effective at stopping the pats as the speed bump their team bus rolled over coming into the stadium. Our D was flat weak that game. Weak. Sauce. And our OL was offensive for all the wrong reasons. Whiffmeisters.