The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #1376
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Let me get this straight. You don't think he should go in the second round because of his age but the people that scouted him and watched tape on him think he should go in the second round. Who has watched more film and studied more players you or them? I mean if I can't give an opinion on where he should be drafted then why the hell can you?
I said you can't give an opinion? You are free to offer as many stupid ones as you want. My point was if Weeden is deemed a 2nd rounder, the Broncos would be wasting a pick, especially when they have other areas of importance and a career backup QB isn't that high on the list.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #1377
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I said you can't give an opinion? You are free to offer as many stupid ones as you want. My point was if Weeden is deemed a 2nd rounder, the Broncos would be wasting a pick, especially when they have other areas of importance and a career backup QB isn't that high on the list.
I said he was a career back up. So did you.
I said he wasn't worth a second round pick. So did you.
I said Denver would be wasting a pick on him. So did you.

You said my opinion was stupid but it was the same as yours. Man you burned me.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #1378
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,989

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Would you two idiots calm down.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #1379
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Would you two idiots calm down.
**** you
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #1380
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,232
Default

Weeden won't be a backup if the Broncos don't sign Manning. He'd be a starter at some point next season.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #1381
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,399

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Ya know, if you visit the websites for the newspapers in the cities where PM might go, they sound pretty much the same as Denver's.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #1382
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Should I buy an orange Manning Jersey or a white away one?
Home is the way to go.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #1383
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer
 
ChampBailey24's Avatar
 
SALUTE

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,533

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
Just found out when and where Broncos and Manning will meet. Stay tuned to CBS4 all day. I believe the Broncos are the favorites now. #west
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #1384
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
Just found out when and where Broncos and Manning will meet. Stay tuned to CBS4 all day. I believe the Broncos are the favorites now. #west
This is unreal.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #1385
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
This is unreal.
Yup...still not sure how to feel. But if he checks medically by our team and we don't break the bank for him then...we must load up and push for a superbowl the next 2 seasons or this won't be worth it. I hate you Peyton for kicking the living crap of our team during the last decade...but respect you for being a class act and probably the best pocket passer I have ever seen.

I just hoped we stayed with the rebuilding plan so we didn't have to go back to it in 3 years. Tebow is cheap as hell. I think if we sign Manning we are set at QB unless Tebow asks for a trade.

The thing I love about this is that Bobo must be about to hammer his nuts....
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #1386
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Yup...still not sure how to feel. But if he checks medically by our team and we don't break the bank for him then...we must load up and push for a superbowl the next 2 seasons or this won't be worth it. I hate you Peyton for kicking the living crap of our team during the last decade...but respect you for being a class act and probably the best pocket passer I have ever seen.

I just hoped we stayed with the rebuilding plan so we didn't have to go back to it in 3 years. Tebow is cheap as hell. I think if we sign Manning we are set at QB unless Tebow asks for a trade.

The thing I love about this is that Bobo must be about to hammer his nuts....
It's a huge risk.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #1387
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
This is unreal.
Are you freakin' out?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #1388
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
...we must load up and push for a superbowl the next 2 seasons or this won't be worth it...
If they plan to draft over Tebow within the next few years then the only difference between getting Manning and not getting Manning is who the QB will be over that time period. Personally I'd rather take a chance with a health cleared Manning than anybody else we could plug in to the position until we get our QBOTF. It's only "not worth it" if you assume Tebow is the QBOTF. If you've been paying attention to what EFX have said and done over the last several months, and not deluding yourself as many have been, you'd be aware that he most likely isn't.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #1389
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,376

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
It's a huge risk.
What? Hitting your nuts with a hammer? Yes, it is. So much so I wouldn't do it. Much like signing Manning. But it is what it is and our FO collection of slap *****, twits, and twats are going to crash this bad boy on the rocks going after the siren song of Pay me a ton Manning.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #1390
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Are you freakin' out?
He's glad nobody took him up on his ban bet. He was SO sure!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #1391
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Taste it just makes you hungry®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,169

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Hes in a plane to Denver now OH MY GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #1392
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,040
Default

Manning is upping the price he has no intention signing with us its just good business. I can't see Denver even offering him enough. I think its been fun time passer discussing it possibly
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #1393
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

i wonder how much guaranteed money Peyton will command with all this attention?
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #1394
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Manning is upping the price he has no intention signing with us its just good business. I can't see Denver even offering him enough. I think its been fun time passer discussing it possibly
even more reason to dislike Manning.

1) he's using Elway because he knew Elway would nibble at the bait.
2) he doesn't care if it causes locker room problems with the Broncos when he doesn't sign here because he doesn't give a sh*t about the Broncos since he's never been a Bronco
3) he's more than happy to drag this out publicly and thus piss in Tebow's morning coffee. there's no way Tebow can be happy with all of this.

jeez, Manning is even worse than Lebron. i wonder if ESPN will give him a 2 hour show to announce where he will sign?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #1395
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

This is so ****ing awesome!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #1396
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
jeez, Manning is even worse than Lebron. i wonder if ESPN will give him a 2 hour show to announce where he will sign?
It doesn't get better than this. John Stewart is b**** slapped.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #1397
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Go Broncos!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
i wonder how much guaranteed money Peyton will command with all this attention?
he wants 3 years, $45M guaranteed, with NO injury clauses, and most likely without even having to go through a tryout. he wants to sign based on reputation and doesn't want to have to prove to anyone he's healthy. if somebody bites at all of that, they'll get the deal done. if they don't, then he's probably willing to tryout.

big melonhead. bigger ego.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #1398
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
If they plan to draft over Tebow within the next few years then the only difference between getting Manning and not getting Manning is who the QB will be over that time period. Personally I'd rather take a chance with a health cleared Manning than anybody else we could plug in to the position until we get our QBOTF. It's only "not worth it" if you assume Tebow is the QBOTF. If you've been paying attention to what EFX have said and done over the last several months, and not deluding yourself as many have been, you'd be aware that he most likely isn't.
I am sorry but if we are winning with Peyton like we should be supposed to, we will not have a shot at a QB of the future. Just like we don't have a shot a QBOTF because Tebow pushed us out of the range. And Tebow could be a QBOTF...if he where to be developed. If that happens here so be it. If it happens somewhere else and he turns into something big...then shame on us.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #1399
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Ya know, if you visit the websites for the newspapers in the cities where PM might go, they sound pretty much the same as Denver's.
Shhhhhh. Its better to just explode in a trail of smoke and mirrors.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #1400
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
Just found out when and where Broncos and Manning will meet. Stay tuned to CBS4 all day. I believe the Broncos are the favorites now. #west
Wonder how many fans/media will be camped out Shanahan's or Elway's Steakhouse?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Denver Broncos