The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #1251
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I know. I guess the difference is that I do have a clue.
So you're a medical professional? And you've examined Peyton Manning? Again, you need to stop making definitive statements about things you lack full information on. You don't know the specifics of Manning's situation. You're treating conjecture as fact. Do you know the difference?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #1252
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
If Manning comes to Denver Eddie Royal will become a top 5 WR
Signing manning would almost guarantee that Eddie isn't back in Denver.
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #1253
Punisher
®Spreading the Wealth

97,98,2015 Champs WOOOOOOOOOOOO!®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7

Quote:
Signing manning would almost guarantee that Eddie isn't back in Denver.
Naa he'll be back
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #1254
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
But it's laughable to think that wherever Manning goes, he's going to pick up right where he left off and even that wasn't good enough to be a contender.
It's certainly no more laughable than thinking we're going to get there with Tebow. Think about what you're saying. You and Beavis, among others, are really irrational on this topic. You're not thinking clearly. Tebow effect, maybe?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #1255
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So you're a medical professional? And you've examined Peyton Manning? Again, you need to stop making definitive statements about things you lack full information on. You don't know the specifics of Manning's situation. You're treating conjecture as fact. Do you know the difference?
There's no conjecture in the fact that vertebrae in his neck were fused. There's no conjecture in the fact that fusing vertebrae reduces mobility in that region. I'm not assuming anything when I say he'll never be 100% his old self.

You've said yourself, you don't have a clue.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #1256
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Naa he'll be back
No chance. Garcon and Wayne are priorities for whoever signs Manning. Eddie Royal is not.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #1257
Punisher
®Spreading the Wealth

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7

Quote:
No chance. Garcon and Wayne are priorities for whoever signs Manning. Eddie Royal is not.
I'm pretty sure Wayne will follow but not Garcon
Old 03-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #1258
alkemical
Chaos Technician

Aethyr Engineering

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eris

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Wayne will follow but not Garcon
Ding. Garcon is replaceable for manning.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #1259
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
It's certainly no more laughable than thinking we're going to get there with Tebow. Think about what you're saying. You and Beavis, among others, are really irrational on this topic. You're not thinking clearly. Tebow effect, maybe?
I thought even you would understand that the time frame is much longer with Tebow.

With Manning you have to win a Title in the next 1-2 years. This team is not there, Manning or not. There's nothing irrational in thinking that we need a longer window than Manning affords to build a title contender.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #1260
Punisher
®Spreading the Wealth

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7

Woody Paige is ****ing saying all this dumb **** about the holes on the team he needs to shut up and let Manning just join with out his 2nd hand taught on things.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #1261
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
There's no conjecture in the fact that vertebrae in his neck were fused. There's no conjecture in the fact that fusing vertebrae reduces mobility in that region. I'm not assuming anything when I say he'll never be 100% his old self.
Wow you're ponderous. Yes, we know those things are true. But we don't know how close to 100% Manning is or can be. We just don't. You can spin it and cry about it all you want, and continue making a full blown ass out of yourself, but you being wrong and the point I'm making being right isn't going to change. You don't know the specifics of Manning's health situation and how it's going to impact his ability to play the QB position. But you can keep pretending if you want.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #1262
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I thought even you would understand that the time frame is much longer with Tebow.

With Manning you have to win a Title in the next 1-2 years. This team is not there, Manning or not. There's nothing irrational in thinking that we need a longer window than Manning affords to build a title contender.
This is going to require you to actually think, but play along here. Let's say Manning comes in and plays 2-3 years. The end result is that the Broncos need to find a QBOTF. But hey, guess what?!? If Tebow doesn't work out over the next couple of years we're in pretty much exactly the same situation! Football is not only about winning but winning now. Maybe you're young or naive or both and don't understand this, but I'm telling you it's true. We have a much better chance to win something in the short term with a healthy Manning than we do with Tebow. There's just no rational argument to the contrary. Again, you're letting your love of Tebow cloud your thinking about this. If Manning can play this is close to a no-brainer, particularly for a FO that doesn't believe in Tebow (and I admit I'm assuming that this may be the case).
Old 03-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #1263
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Wow you're ponderous. Yes, we know those things are true. But we don't know how close to 100% Manning is or can be. We just don't.
But we do know he won't be 100% of his old self. You can spin and assume all you want. That fact will not change.

Quote:
You can spin it and cry about it all you want, and continue making a full blown ass out of yourself, but you being wrong and the point I'm making being right isn't going to change.
Being an ass in the eyes of a dolt is a compliment. So, thank you.

Quote:
You don't know the specifics of Manning's health situation and how it's going to impact his ability to play the QB position. But you can keep pretending if you want.
I don't need to know any specifics at all to know he's not ever going to be 100%. You don't seem to grasp that.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 AM   #1264
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
But we do know he won't be 100% of his old self. You can spin and assume all you want. That fact will not change.

I don't need to know any specifics at all to know he's not ever going to be 100%. You don't seem to grasp that.
I never said he would be 100%, and I'm not the one making definitive statements about Manning one way or the other. You're the one definitively ruling him out, which requires him to be too far from 100% to be effective. Since you can't prove that's the case then your argument fails. Which is my whole point. I'm not sure why you're having such a hard time with this. I'm saying let the medical professionals and football professionals make the call. You're saying you've made the call.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #1265
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
This is going to require you to actually think, but play along here. Let's say Manning comes in and plays 2-3 years. The end result is that the Broncos need to find a QBOTF. But hey, guess what?!? If Tebow doesn't work out over the next couple of years we're in pretty much exactly the same situation! Football is not only about winning but winning now. Maybe you're young or naive or both and don't understand this, but I'm telling you it's true. We have a much better chance to win something in the short term with a healthy Manning than we do with Tebow. There's just no rational argument to the contrary. Again, you're letting your love of Tebow cloud your thinking about this. If Manning can play this is close to a no-brainer, particularly for a FO that doesn't believe in Tebow (and I admit I'm assuming that this may be the case).
That's one opinion.

I'm of the opinion that we won based mostly on a gimicky offense that made this team look much better than it is. Running a conventional NFL offense we were the worst team in football for the last year and a half, THE WORST. Worse than the Colts and Manning couldn't get the Colts past the Wild card round in 2010.

Manning isn't going to bridge the talent gap here, and sinking huge resources into him will not allow us to address other areas that would make building a complete team possible.

We're much better off addressing other needs, building a solid team and if Tebow flops, drafting a QB and inserting him into a better team.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #1266
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
I never said he would be 100%, and I'm not the one making definitive statements about Manning one way or the other. You're the one definitively ruling him out, which requires him to be too far from 100% to be effective. Since you can't prove that's the case then your argument fails. Which is my whole point. I'm not sure why you're having such a hard time with this. I'm saying let the medical professionals and football professionals make the call. You're saying you've made the call.
I've never come close to ruling Manning out, dork.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #1267
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that we won based mostly on a gimicky offense that made this team look much better than it is. Running a conventional NFL offense we were the worst team in football for the last year and a half, THE WORST. Worse than the Colts and Manning couldn't get the Colts past the Wild card round in 2010.

Manning isn't going to bridge the talent gap here, and sinking huge resources into him will not allow us to address other areas that would make building a complete team possible.

We're much better off addressing other needs, building a solid team and if Tebow flops, drafting a QB and inserting him into a better team.
I'm fully on board with the bolded part. I'm just of the opinion that Manning can similarly mask a lot of our shortcomings but in a different way. I also think Manning can help bring in some FA's. So when you factor in Manning, FA, the draft, and the improvement of some of our younger players, this team can make some dramatic improvement.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #1268
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
I'm fully on board with the bolded part. I'm just of the opinion that Manning can similarly mask a lot of our shortcomings but in a different way. I also think Manning can help bring in some FA's. So when you factor in Manning, FA, the draft, and the improvement of some of our younger players, this team can make some dramatic improvement.
The shortcomings that Manning has to mask are much larger than when running the "Tebow" offense.

Like I said, We're worse than the Colts were, and Manning didn't lead them anywhere in 2010. Now he's a year out of football, currently no where near 100%, but he's going to lead us to the SB in a year? Get bent.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #1269
broncoblue
english not british!!

http://broncoblue69.blogspot.com/ <----- my ramblings

I cant see it happening .If it did and Tebow isnt booted then can you imagine the experience and knowledge he could learn from manning and elway.
I can also see tebow going and manning having a career ender in the first game and us being up the **** creek and no paddle.
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #1270
KO5K

Quote:
What happens in two/three years when Manning and said FA retire (Wayne, Saturday etc.) and we have nothing to show for the last three years?

We probably don't have a QB, if Elway is going all out on Manning then he needs to give him some talent, you can't waste 1st round/2nd round picks on QBs.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #1271
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The shortcomings that Manning has to mask are much larger than when running the "Tebow" offense.

Like I said, We're worse than the Colts were, and Manning didn't lead them anywhere in 2010. Now he's a year out of football, currently no where near 100%, but he's going to lead us to the SB in a year?
To the first part, a healthy Manning has considerably more ability to hide a teams' shortcomings than Tebow does.

To the second part, I never said anything about Manning leading us to a Super Bowl in a year. But I do think our chances are a hell of a lot higher with him, and any sane person who's thinking clearly would agree with me.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #1272
broncoblue
english not british!!

tonyr its hard work passing the ball with a zimmerframe .
broncoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #1273
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
What happens in two/three years when Manning and said FA retire (Wayne, Saturday etc.) and we have nothing to show for the last three years?
Yup, I share this concern. But again, if Tebow doesn't work out we're in pretty much the same situation. I would assume that if they go after Manning that they will put a plan in place to get a QBOTF. But I still think you try to maximize your potential in the short term, and a healthy Manning does that. And that's particularly an understandable strategy if they don't believe in Tebow. Since Luck/RGIII are pretty much out of reach you can push the acquisition of QBOTF down the road a little bit.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #1274
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
To the first part, a healthy Manning has considerably more ability to hide a teams' shortcomings than Tebow does.
Not at all true. The majority of this teams shortcomings are on defense and OL. A ball control offense (the complete opposite of what Manning runs) Protects the defense, and a mobile QB hides the OL woes.

Quote:
To the second part, I never said anything about Manning leading us to a Super Bowl in a year. But I do think our chances are a hell of a lot higher with him, and any sane person who's thinking clearly would agree with me.
There's a 2-3 year window with Manning. If you're being "sane" you better be talking about a title in that time period.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #1275
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
a mobile QB hides the OL woes.
If you don't realize that a QB with a quick release does TONS more to help out an OL than a guy who runs around, then you are simply football ignorant.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote