The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #1251
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

With 15 years of continuity the Colts won a single Title. It would take this offense at least two years to even come close to grasping what's going on in Peyton's dangling melon. That will be right around the time that he has to retire.

Anyone thinking he's going to come to Denver and all of a sudden we're going to look like the '98 Broncos are hopelessly unrealistic. To develop the type of complexity and rhythm that has made Manning so successful takes a very long time. The kind of time that his body no longer has.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 AM   #1252
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If Manning had just one neck surgery, I would still have doubts, but it is 4 surgeries. Yes, he has been checked out, but no way to know how many hits he can take. If the Broncos were really that close to being a Super Bowl contender, then this move makes sense. Otherwise, it is more bandaid type nonsense this franchise has been doing for the last decade.

Elway at 36 needed a full team and even at that age, he still moved around better than Manning. The receivers the Broncos have have not shown a great ability to consistently get open quickly and if the Broncos need to get more talent to help Manning, then how can people then turn around and say Tebow can't ever get better if he is surrounded by the very players that apparently wouldn't it done with Manning at QB? Not much sense going on here.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #1253
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
With 15 years of continuity the Colts won a single Title. It would take this offense at least two years to even come close to grasping what's going on in Peyton's dangling melon. That will be right around the time that he has to retire.

Anyone thinking he's going to come to Denver and all of a sudden we're going to look like the '98 Broncos are hopelessly unrealistic. To develop the type of complexity and rhythm that has made Manning so successful takes a very long time. The kind of time that his body no longer has.
Agreed, to me, this has the looks of a Bronco organization still not really having a plan and going for any nice, shiny looking toy in the window. If the roster was in great shape, then I could see it. But there are just too many holes to fix in one offseason to realistically believe they can become true contenders and banking on a 36 year old with 4 neck surgeries to run a wide open offense with a conservative type coach?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #1254
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Are you really this dumb, or are you just thinking yourself clever? Do you not know what fusing vertebrae means?
I'm not stupid enough to make definitive statements about somebody else's health when I have no clue what I'm talking about. I'm going to leave this to medical professionals to decide and not interwebz blowhards like you.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #1255
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I have no clue what I'm talking about.
I know. I guess the difference is that I do have a clue.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #1256
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

This thread continued it's awesomeness all through the night.

4 neck surgeries.
Experimental stem cell treatment.

Found some new footage of Peyton's childhood:
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #1257
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Man Mike and Mike talking about it PLEASEEEEEEE GET MANNING
Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #1258
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I likeTebow, but this thread just shows how the Tebow hardcore fans can easily freak out at the thought he might be replaced by somebody better.
Oh, lord!
51 pages and counting of constant crying and explaining Peyton's injury by the Tebow maniacs as if they know WTF they're talking about!

I've never thought the MacGruder could come in different forms.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #1259
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I likeTebow, but this thread just shows how the Tebow hardcore fans can easily freak out at the thought he might be replaced by somebody better.
Oh, lord!
51 pages and counting of constant crying and explaining Peyton's injury by the Tebow maniacs as if they know WTF they're talking about!

The OM is going to be an epic place to be if/when Manning gets signed.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #1260
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't care who you are, the last four or five offseasons have been a hell of a ride for the Broncos.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #1261
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

If Manning comes to Denver Eddie Royal will become a top 5 WR
Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #1262
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Oh, lord!

I have no issue with making this franchise better, if that's what this move does. But it's laughable to think that wherever Manning goes, he's going to pick up right where he left off and even that wasn't good enough to be a contender.

Particularly with a young OL and young WRs. People acting like he's a sure thing are naive at best.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #1263
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I know. I guess the difference is that I do have a clue.
So you're a medical professional? And you've examined Peyton Manning? Again, you need to stop making definitive statements about things you lack full information on. You don't know the specifics of Manning's situation. You're treating conjecture as fact. Do you know the difference?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #1264
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
If Manning comes to Denver Eddie Royal will become a top 5 WR
Signing manning would almost guarantee that Eddie isn't back in Denver.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #1265
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Signing manning would almost guarantee that Eddie isn't back in Denver.
Naa he'll be back
Old 03-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #1266
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
But it's laughable to think that wherever Manning goes, he's going to pick up right where he left off and even that wasn't good enough to be a contender.
It's certainly no more laughable than thinking we're going to get there with Tebow. Think about what you're saying. You and Beavis, among others, are really irrational on this topic. You're not thinking clearly. Tebow effect, maybe?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:08 AM   #1267
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
So you're a medical professional? And you've examined Peyton Manning? Again, you need to stop making definitive statements about things you lack full information on. You don't know the specifics of Manning's situation. You're treating conjecture as fact. Do you know the difference?
There's no conjecture in the fact that vertebrae in his neck were fused. There's no conjecture in the fact that fusing vertebrae reduces mobility in that region. I'm not assuming anything when I say he'll never be 100% his old self.

You've said yourself, you don't have a clue.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #1268
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Naa he'll be back
No chance. Garcon and Wayne are priorities for whoever signs Manning. Eddie Royal is not.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #1269
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
No chance. Garcon and Wayne are priorities for whoever signs Manning. Eddie Royal is not.
I'm pretty sure Wayne will follow but not Garcon
Old 03-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #1270
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Wayne will follow but not Garcon
Ding. Garcon is replaceable for manning.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #1271
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
It's certainly no more laughable than thinking we're going to get there with Tebow. Think about what you're saying. You and Beavis, among others, are really irrational on this topic. You're not thinking clearly. Tebow effect, maybe?
I thought even you would understand that the time frame is much longer with Tebow.

With Manning you have to win a Title in the next 1-2 years. This team is not there, Manning or not. There's nothing irrational in thinking that we need a longer window than Manning affords to build a title contender.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #1272
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Woody Paige is ****ing saying all this dumb **** about the holes on the team he needs to shut up and let Manning just join with out his 2nd hand taught on things.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #1273
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
There's no conjecture in the fact that vertebrae in his neck were fused. There's no conjecture in the fact that fusing vertebrae reduces mobility in that region. I'm not assuming anything when I say he'll never be 100% his old self.
Wow you're ponderous. Yes, we know those things are true. But we don't know how close to 100% Manning is or can be. We just don't. You can spin it and cry about it all you want, and continue making a full blown ass out of yourself, but you being wrong and the point I'm making being right isn't going to change. You don't know the specifics of Manning's health situation and how it's going to impact his ability to play the QB position. But you can keep pretending if you want.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #1274
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I thought even you would understand that the time frame is much longer with Tebow.

With Manning you have to win a Title in the next 1-2 years. This team is not there, Manning or not. There's nothing irrational in thinking that we need a longer window than Manning affords to build a title contender.
This is going to require you to actually think, but play along here. Let's say Manning comes in and plays 2-3 years. The end result is that the Broncos need to find a QBOTF. But hey, guess what?!? If Tebow doesn't work out over the next couple of years we're in pretty much exactly the same situation! Football is not only about winning but winning now. Maybe you're young or naive or both and don't understand this, but I'm telling you it's true. We have a much better chance to win something in the short term with a healthy Manning than we do with Tebow. There's just no rational argument to the contrary. Again, you're letting your love of Tebow cloud your thinking about this. If Manning can play this is close to a no-brainer, particularly for a FO that doesn't believe in Tebow (and I admit I'm assuming that this may be the case).
Old 03-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #1275
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Wow you're ponderous. Yes, we know those things are true. But we don't know how close to 100% Manning is or can be. We just don't.
But we do know he won't be 100% of his old self. You can spin and assume all you want. That fact will not change.

Quote:
You can spin it and cry about it all you want, and continue making a full blown ass out of yourself, but you being wrong and the point I'm making being right isn't going to change.
Being an ass in the eyes of a dolt is a compliment. So, thank you.

Quote:
You don't know the specifics of Manning's health situation and how it's going to impact his ability to play the QB position. But you can keep pretending if you want.
I don't need to know any specifics at all to know he's not ever going to be 100%. You don't seem to grasp that.