The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #1176
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Teams that don't have question marks at QB are not pursuing.
Exactly...cause they are smart about the consequences of choosing a 36 year old QB with 4 neck surgeries over their promising or great QB.

Tebow ain't a great QB, yet. But he is a raw promising one. Other than Manning, what other FA QB would you sign to start over Tebow? Elway said it, we all heard it. Tebow will get competition at the position. But he will get his chance to sink or swim in training camp.

Now, inquiring about Manning is the right thing for our FO to do, even though I don't agree with it. Is not many times when a HoF hits FA...specially when you could certainly qualify as the GOAT. If he is healthy and resembles anything similar to what the old Payton was, then you would have to be a fool to not pursue him.

The thing is...he was released for a reason. Yes, the colts will pick Luck. But if Peyton were Peyton, they could get a huge ransom for that pick and push for superbowls for the next 3 years.

That's why I don't agree with the signing. I think he could be one bad hit away from retirement. Tebow on the other hand, raw as he is, has shown glimpses of greatness. If he could be consistent and turn into a 55% passer watch out! I believe in Tebow because of what I saw last year. Because I saw a team play and respond to a leader, the way we used to with Plummer.

Tebow will get better. People in denial are just blind. Even our FO knows that. You saw the lack of support, but at the end they said they would give him his chance. If Manning doesn't come here that's what will happen. Tebow will get his chance. Will he sink or swim? That's up to him. But I BELIEVE!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #1177
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Says the guy who'd be proud seeing Peyton frickin Manning hoisting a trophy in the Orange and Blue.
So it's not about the Broncos winning a title, it's about them winning a title with your guy?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #1178
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
BroncoBeavis is throwing **** at a wall and hoping it sticks. He doesn't know what the **** he's talking about.

If we sign Manning and go deep in the playoffs, enjoy soaking in tears while the rest celebrate the Broncos.

I would enjoy it. But it would be short lived. I miss having that franchise guy that gives you a shot year in and year out. Manning comes here, that comes back...and when he retires we get to go back to 1999-2010 football.

Is a title now worth another decade of average?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #1179
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Maybe. Or maybe anyone who thinks Peyton Manning hoisting a trophy in a Broncos hat would mean as much as when Elway did it... maybe they've lost it.
Ummm, id be pretty ****ing happy no matter who got us a super bowl. Im astonished that people arent, AT LEAST, intrigued to get arguably the greatest QB of all time in Denver.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #1180
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Maybe. Or maybe anyone who thinks Peyton Manning hoisting a trophy in a Broncos hat would mean as much as when Elway did it... maybe they've lost it.
Nothing has or will ever mean as much to the fans as Super Bowl 32. If Tebow hoists it someday it won't mean as much as that first one. Not even the second one meant as much as the first one...so whats your point? Who has said that a SB with Manning will mean as much or more than a SB with Elway?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #1181
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I would enjoy it. But it would be short lived. I miss having that franchise guy that gives you a shot year in and year out. Manning comes here, that comes back...and when he retires we get to go back to 1999-2010 football.

Better than being average without a ring, right?
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #1182
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
BroncoBeavis is throwing **** at a wall and hoping it sticks. He doesn't know what the **** he's talking about.

If we sign Manning and go deep in the playoffs, enjoy soaking in tears while the rest celebrate the Broncos.
Yeah yeah. In this dream of yours, when Bowlen raises the trophy and says "This one's for Peyton!" Do your eyes well up? Or do you just start sobbing.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #1183
Drunken.Broncoholic

Peyton doesn't hold onto the ball for 7 plus seconds. 3 seconds and it's gone.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #1184
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Ummm, id be pretty ****ing happy no matter who got us a super bowl. Im astonished that people arent, AT LEAST, intrigued to get arguably the greatest QB of all time in Denver.
They'd rather have Orton or Tebow type QB's I guess
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #1185
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Ummm, yes?

Sorry if I like winning. Sorry if I like watching one of the greatest of all time throw the ball.

You're also assuming that Tebow is a guy that will automatically make us contend for the next ten years. There's no evidence that he is, and so you're flipping the coin. I'd rather flip it with Manning.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #1186
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Nothing has or will ever mean as much to the fans as Super Bowl 32. If Tebow hoists it someday it won't mean as much as that first one. Not even the second one meant as much as the first one...so whats your point? Who has said that a SB with Manning will mean as much or more than a SB with Elway?

It would depend on the circumstance. For fans born in the mid 90's on, it would. For the rest of us, it would be sweet, but not 1997 sweet.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #1187
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Yeah yeah. In this dream of yours, when Bowlen raises the trophy and says "This one's for Peyton!" Do your eyes well up? Or do you just start sobbing.
Once again, you are throwing **** at a wall.

I don't care who is at QB if he will improve this team.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #1188
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Well if you go back and read the thread, my whole premise was that Peyton hoisting the trophy would feel kinda cheap compared to when Elway did it.

Which is the point where everyone lost their minds.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #1189
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Ummm, yes?

Sorry if I like winning. Sorry if I like watching one of the greatest of all time throw the ball.

You're also assuming that Tebow is a guy that will automatically make us contend for the next ten years. There's no evidence that he is, and so you're flipping the coin. I'd rather flip it with Manning.

If you asked me in 1997 if Denver winning a superbowl in back to back years would lead to what Denver has been since 1998 and would I be ok with it, I would have said yes.

Having been through that decade, I'm more hesitant to jump on it. I want Denver to be competitive long term. Not one and done.

As I said in another thread, I'd be fine with Manning here short term if it meant he mentors Tebow. Tebow gets traded and my opinion of the scenario completely changes.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #1190
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
And you're content watching an offense thats less attractive and less entertaining than watching a monkey riding a dog.

Besides, that isn't what will happen. Elway already said he's gonna hoist that trophy and say "This one's for Pat!"
Old 03-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #1191
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Says the guy who'd be proud seeing Peyton frickin Manning hoisting a trophy in the Orange and Blue.
Nowhere do I see anything about Elway in this post.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #1192
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
And you're content watching an offense thats less attractive and less entertaining than watching a monkey riding a dog.
See, Elway had those days in his career too. You want to skip all that and paper over growing a long-term QB by renting one.

I don't think it will work. But if we got lucky and it did, it wouldn't be the same.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #1193
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
It would depend on the circumstance. For fans born in the mid 90's on, it would. For the rest of us, it would be sweet, but not 1997 sweet.

I don't give a **** about what those punk ass kids think.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #1194
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I want Denver to be competitive long term. Not one and done.
and I want my balls licked by Jessica Alba

if you can find the button that says "super bowl contenders for the next ten years," then go ahead and hit it, but last time I checked you get one or two of those per decade.

and it's not like the Broncos were awful after Elway retired anyway. Shanahan had two losing seasons during his post Elway years, and there were two teams that had as legitimate a shot at winning the super bowl as you can have without a QB like, ohh, I don't know, Peyton Manning
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #1195
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Nowhere do I see anything about Elway in this post.
That wasn't the first post.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #1196
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #1197
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
See, Elway had those days in his career too. You want to skip all that and paper over growing a long-term QB by renting one.

I don't think it will work. But if we got lucky and it did, it wouldn't be the same.
We don't have a long term QB. We'll grab one in the draft and when the Golden Manning in Orange in Blue era ends, we'll stick him in there and hope for the best. Plenty of nice prospects coming out.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #1198
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

How can you anyone deny that a healthy Peyton Manning does not improve the entire offense?

I cannot say the same about Tebow.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #1199
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
We don't have a long term QB. We'll grab one in the draft and when the Golden Manning in Orange in Blue era ends, we'll stick him in there and hope for the best. Plenty of nice prospects coming out.
This.

Peyton Manning gives us 3 years to contend and yet find a QB of the Future. Best case scenario, we can get a QB prospect going into the third year of the contract and have Manning tutor him.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #1200
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
How can you anyone deny that a healthy Peyton Manning does not improve the entire offense?

I cannot say the same about Tebow.
I've said that repeatedly. But he's not leading this team to a title. And he's only got a couple of years, if even that.

Meanwhile we just won our first playoff game with a QB in his first season's worth of games.

You're never going to develop a QB if every time you bring a new kid in you say "But we could improve on this rook who's never played by renting this old guy over here"

As I've said before, Aaron Rodgers was a step down from Brett Favre his first year. But for long term success, eventually every team has to go through that difficult stretch.