The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #1151
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
All dinosaurs... Yes lets go for vets. Lets overpay to get them here. People we have been here before with Shanny. I doesn't work.
I guess you didn't see the IM NOT FOR BRINGING THEM IN
Old 03-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #1152
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Teams that don't have question marks at QB are not pursuing.
Vikings still have a question mark. They're not pursuing though. They've seen this circus before. Now they're paying the price.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 PM   #1153
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I'd love to see them both here but it can't happen. Tebow brings a circus with him and Manning wouldn't come into that.
The Broncos definitely need all the help they can get with Elway and Fox.. is that what you are trying to say?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #1154
Drunken.Broncoholic

Vikings have been a mess their entire existence. The result? Zero superbowls. Although Favre did get them close until the saints played dirty.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #1155
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Just hard to believe that people are in any way against getting Peyton freaking Manning. For whatever reason. But the "I don't want to be the Yankees of the NFL" is the best one.

Go root for a team that will go 6-10 next year or if we send Tebows ass to Jacksonville then go with them. That way you can feel more "organic" when your new team goes 6-10. I'll be happy as a clam and enjoying life when we're 12-4 the next 3 years and competing for Super Bowls.

Oh...btw, if you would feel cheap if Manning raises the Lombardi in the Orange and Blue then you should have felt equally as cheap in '97 and '98 when we got those hired guns Gary Zimmerman, Mark Schlereth, Alfred Williams, Neil Smith, Ray Crocket, Ed McCaffrey, Howard Griffith, and Kieth Traylor to help us win those Super Bowls.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #1156
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Short Term plan
Peyton Manning = 3 years of great qb play *if his neck doesnt hold up were screwed

Long Term plan
Tim Tebow= 10+ years of possible great qb play. * He doesnt improve and we need to get another qb.

Or Both

Manning going for the ring and Tebow learning under him.*If Manning gets hurt we will find out if our long term plan suck alot sooner.

Or new longterm plan

Manning for 3 years, draft a qb and have him develop under him.*Manning gets hurt, still wont know about our long term qb situation unless the rook lights it up.

I prefer the Both option since I enjoyed having the broncos relevant again. We probably had more media hype last year than the previous 10 years combined. So even when Manning retired the media would be exploding over Tebowmania again. More bronco news the better.Plus if Tebow did improve we have a great qb for years to come. One downside is if Tebow is willing to wait that long, and Im not sure if he would. I think he is in money making mode right now with signing of the agencies. He is also a competitor so I doubt he would like sitting on the bench that long. 1 year I think he would be ok with. 2 years maybe. 3 years hell no.
I really can't focus on your analysis with that avatar...good Lord!!! I don't see manning wanting the Tebow circus, if he comes I think he and Elway will both want Tebow gone..win/win for them both and it frees Elway up to get a more traditional pocket passer or two in the next few drafts to groom as a replacement. Tebow is a McD venture and I still see Elway getting rid of that when it makes sense.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #1157
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
So the broncos sign Neil Smith in 97 he was a long time Chief did you celebrate that Super Bowl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Just hard to believe that people are in any way against getting Peyton freaking Manning. For whatever reason. But the "I don't want to be the Yankees of the NFL" is the best one.

Go root for a team that will go 6-10 next year or if we send Tebows ass to Jacksonville then go with them. That way you can feel more "organic" when your new team goes 6-10. I'll be happy as a clam and enjoying life when we're 12-4 the next 3 years and competing for Super Bowls.

Oh...btw, if you would feel cheap if Manning raises the Lombardi in the Orange and Blue then you should have felt equally as cheap in '97 and '98 when we got those hired guns Gary Zimmerman, Mark Schlereth, Alfred Williams, Neil Smith, Ray Crocket, Ed McCaffrey, Howard Griffith, and Kieth Traylor to help us win those Super Bowls.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #1158
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
The Broncos definitely need all the help they can get with Elway and Fox.. is that what you are trying to say?
Literally nothing in my post suggests that at all...
McDman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #1159
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think that's what Yankees fans keep telling themselves.
You are ****ing out there.
Ratboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #1160
MacGruder

Quote:
Literally nothing in my post suggests that at all...
Their performance last season sure did..
Old 03-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #1161
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Yeah, super analogy bud. Zimmerman had been a Bronco for 5 years. Schlereth - 3. Eddie Mac -3.

Exactly the same thing I'm talking about.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #1162
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Their performance last season sure did..
Wow, you are insane.

Are you drunk?
McDman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #1163
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Says the guy who'd be proud seeing Peyton frickin Manning hoisting a trophy in the Orange and Blue.
I would be proud if Joseph Kony was hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Orange and Blue.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #1164
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

MacGruder and Bronco Beavis...

Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #1165
MacGruder

Quote:
Wow, you are insane.

Are you drunk?
I guess you missed them benching the guy who saved them after initially going 1 and 4...
Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #1166
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
So the broncos sign Neil Smith in 97 he was a long time Chief did you celebrate that Super Bowl?
Yeah, bringing in a defensive end. Totally the same thing as bringing in another team's QB, and asking him to bring whatever players he can find to help run his old team's offense. As long as they change helmets first.

Totally the same thing.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #1167
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Yeah, bringing in a defensive end. Totally the same thing as bringing in another team's QB, and asking him to bring whatever players he can find to help run his old team's offense. As long as they change helmets first.

Totally the same thing.
You've lost it.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #1168
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

With a 36 and 37 year old Elway, Shanahan had no time to develop talent on the roster and win. So we went FA crazy to plug holes and managed a few hits in the draft. Won two titles. Elway retired and it fell apart. I want Denver to win another title, but I want them to be able to compete for one over a decade+, not another one or two shot and then that's it until Andrew Luck gets a neck injury and the Colts release him in 2026.

That's my logic.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #1169
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
You've lost it.
Maybe. Or maybe anyone who thinks Peyton Manning hoisting a trophy in a Broncos hat would mean as much as when Elway did it... maybe they've lost it.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #1170
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Yeah, super analogy bud. Zimmerman had been a Bronco for 5 years. Schlereth - 3. Eddie Mac -3.

Exactly the same thing I'm talking about.
So if Manning wins a Super Bowl in the Orange and Blue in his 3rd year with the team instead of his 1st then we can all breathe a sigh of relief because then we'll have your permission to enjoy it right?
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #1171
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Maybe. Or maybe anyone who thinks Peyton Manning hoisting a trophy in a Broncos hat would mean as much as when Elway did it... maybe they've lost it.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #1172
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yup. Denver Broncos. The Yankees of the NFL.

You nailed it. Thread over.
Haven't the Yankees won like 27 world championships?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #1173
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
So if Manning wins a Super Bowl in the Orange and Blue in his 3rd year with the team instead of his 1st then we can all breathe a sigh of relief because then we'll have your permission to enjoy it right?
BroncoBeavis is throwing **** at a wall and hoping it sticks. He doesn't know what the **** he's talking about.

If we sign Manning and go deep in the playoffs, enjoy soaking in tears while the rest celebrate the Broncos.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #1174
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Wouldn't worry about it. Peyton wouldn't live that long behind our line, which is partly why he won't come to Denver (along with not liking cold hands)
Old 03-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #1175
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Haven't the Yankees won like 27 world championships?
I bet they all feel cheap and dirty for winning those championships.