The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #1126
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
A Superbowl win with Peyton Manning wouldn't feel cheap to me. I think we've earned it.
I think that's what Yankees fans keep telling themselves.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #1127
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
You mean the defense Tom Brady posterized for 6 TD passes and gave up 40+ points like 5 times last year? That defense that just got older and has huge question marks at safety, cb, DT, and mike not to mention lacking depth? I hope Peyton's neck can handle making 30 tackles a game too.
Yea guess what if Manning was in that game it would of been a ****ing shoot out plus that was one of the few games the defense stank it up
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #1128
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think that's what Yankees fans keep telling themselves.

Yup. Denver Broncos. The Yankees of the NFL.

You nailed it. Thread over.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #1129
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yup. Denver Broncos. The Yankees of the NFL.

You nailed it. Thread over.
Says the guy who'd be proud seeing Peyton frickin Manning hoisting a trophy in the Orange and Blue.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #1130
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Says the guy who'd be proud seeing Peyton frickin Manning hoisting a trophy in the Orange and Blue.
So you're telling me you'd be upset if we won a Super Bowl with Manning?

Good God.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #1131
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I'd be proud if anyone in orange and blue hoisted the trophy. Even tebow.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #1132
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
you keep getting dumber and dumber and dumber
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #1133
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #1134
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
So you're telling me you'd be upset if we won a Super Bowl with Manning?

Good God.
Not upset. It just wouldn't be the same.

Which is obvious.

Maybe it's just old school. But titles mean more when you have to go THROUGH guys like Manning and Brady to get there. Can't Beat 'em so Join 'em isn't really my bag.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #1135
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

This thread has hit like the 9th circle of Dante's Inferno only if Dante was talking about levels of retard.

"I don't want the Denver Broncos to win a Super Bowl if it was with Peyton Manning as the QB."

Folks, we've officially hit the point of no return.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #1136
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
You've got your head up your ass if you can't see that he's not the same player he was. Those with the most insight and access cut bait on the guy. Cut. Bait.

If you can't concede that 4 neck surgeries, one of which they tried to keep under the rug, has no impact or is nothing to be concerned about then you are more delusional that the most delusional Tebow fan.
Those cutting bait and giving up on Manning also held the number one draft pick overall with the best QB prospect in years at their disposal. If we were choosing between Manning or Luck I'd be with you, but we aren't. Sure Manning is a risk but if you're going to take a risk he's the guy to do it with...I think he might have a point to prove and have a chip on the shoulder the next couple years. I think this option also gives Elway the ability to get rid of Tebow who he is uncomfortable with and revert the offense to a normal pocket passing set.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #1137
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Short Term plan
Peyton Manning = 3 years of great qb play *if his neck doesnt hold up were screwed

Long Term plan
Tim Tebow= 10+ years of possible great qb play. * He doesnt improve and we need to get another qb.

Or Both

Manning going for the ring and Tebow learning under him.*If Manning gets hurt we will find out if our long term plan suck alot sooner.

Or new longterm plan

Manning for 3 years, draft a qb and have him develop under him.*Manning gets hurt, still wont know about our long term qb situation unless the rook lights it up.

Tebow haters plan

Manning at qb and Tebow at fb

I prefer the Both option since I enjoyed having the broncos relevant again. We probably had more media hype last year than the previous 10 years combined. So even when Manning retired the media would be exploding over Tebowmania again. More bronco news the better.Plus if Tebow did improve we have a great qb for years to come. One downside is if Tebow is willing to wait that long, and Im not sure if he would. I think he is in money making mode right now with signing of the agencies. He is also a competitor so I doubt he would like sitting on the bench that long. 1 year I think he would be ok with. 2 years maybe. 3 years hell no. Another downside could be the media causing distractions, but i dont see anyone in the media calling for Tebow especially since most backed Orton before he was pulled.

Last edited by broncolife; 03-08-2012 at 09:37 PM..
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #1138
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
This thread has hit like the 9th circle of Dante's Inferno only if Dante was talking about levels of retard.

"I don't want the Denver Broncos to win a Super Bowl if it was with Peyton Manning as the QB."

My brain doesn't know what to do like I'm lost for words
Old 03-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #1139
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Opinionated opinion (that's right): Bringing Peyton Manning to Denver and replacing Tebow will set us back further than letting the Tebow development saga play out. Fact.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #1140
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Short Term plan
Peyton Manning = 3 years of great qb play *if his neck doesnt hold up were screwed

Long Term plan
Tim Tebow= 10+ years of possible great qb play. * He doesnt improve and we need to get another qb.

Or Both

Manning going for the ring and Tebow learning under him.*If Manning gets hurt we will find out if our long term plan suck alot sooner.

Or new longterm plan

Manning for 3 years, draft a qb and have him develop under him.*Manning gets hurt, still wont know about our long term qb situation unless the rook lights it up.

Tebow haters plan

Manning at qb and Tebow at fb

I prefer the Both option since I enjoyed having the broncos relevant again. We probably had more media hype last year than the previous 10 years combined. So even when Manning retired the media would be exploding over Tebowmania again. More bronco news the better.Plus if Tebow did improve we have a great qb for years to come. One downside is if Tebow is willing to wait that long, and Im not sure if he would. I think he is in money making mode right now with signing of the agencies. He is also a competitor so I doubt he would like sitting on the bench that long. 1 year I think he would be ok with. 2 years maybe. 3 years hell no. Another downside could be the media causing distractions, but i dont see anyone in the media calling for Tebow especially since most backed Orton before he was pulled.
I'd love to see them both here but it can't happen. Tebow brings a circus with him and Manning wouldn't come into that.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #1141
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post

Sorry, but the definition of team means more to me than just slapping a horsey sticker on the Indianapolis Colts and declaring victory.

Just the other day I was getting crap about bringing in Mike Wallace because I wanted to 'blow up our receiving corps'

Now it's Manning and Wayne and Saturday and whatever other Colts parts we can get our hands on, and I'm told replacing your whole team is the new definition of team loyalty.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #1142
Drunken.Broncoholic

The broncos are pursuing a starting QB. Which means they are not sold on the one they got.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #1143
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Sorry, but the definition of team means more to me than just slapping a horsey sticker on the Indianapolis Colts and declaring victory.

Just the other day I was getting crap about bringing in Mike Wallace because I wanted to 'blow up our receiving corps'

Now it's Manning and Wayne and Saturday and whatever other Colts parts we can get our hands on, and I'm told replacing your whole team is the new definition of team loyalty.
So the broncos sign Neil Smith in 97 he was a long time Chief did you celebrate that Super Bowl?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #1144
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
The broncos are pursuing a starting QB. Which means they are not sold on the one they got.
Dude it's Peyton manning not some scrub.
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #1145
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I'm not for bringing in Wayne or Saturday. But....

Manning > tebow
Wayne > decker
Saturday > Walton
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1146
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No they are pursuing a HoF... other than that we all knew the plan about going out and getting other QBs to push him.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1147
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Dude it's Peyton manning not some scrub.
I don't care if it's manning or a scrub. I like the fact they are looking for another
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #1148
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'm not for bringing in Wayne or Saturday. But....

Manning > tebow
Wayne > decker
Saturday > Walton
All dinosaurs... Yes lets go for vets. Lets overpay to get them here. People we have been here before with Shanny. I doesn't work.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #1149
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I don't care if it's manning or a scrub. I like the fact they are looking for another
Well of course, YOU do.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #1150
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
No they are pursuing a HoF... other than that we all knew the plan about going out and getting other QBs to push him.
Teams that don't have question marks at QB are not pursuing.