The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #1101
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Tebow beat Matt Moore, Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez, Philip Rivers, Christian Ponder, Caleb Hanie, and Rapistberger.

PLEASE elaborate on which one of these QBs is as good as Manning. I am eager to hear you spin this around in your little fantasy world.
Philip rivers is EASILY comparable to manning at this point in his career.. Roethlisberger has more superbowls than Manning and his game is more like Tebow's...

That is a PRIME example of why you might be throwing away a more effective player and scheme than you would with Manning...

People also forget Manning's flaws.. he is completely immobile and now an injury liability... I don't think people understand how that might hurt Manning dramatically as a QB...
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #1102
Punisher
®Spreading the Wealth

97,98,2015 Champs WOOOOOOOOOOOO!®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7

Fact is if the Broncos some how some way get Manning the only Two teams we have to worry about is Houston and The Pats for a road to a Super Bowl. Plus Manning with this defense and a weak AFC West Division lol at least a 12-4 Football team
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #1103
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I would be happy if we lost half the fan base. We can afford to get rid of the stupid half. Then we could get back to bronco football, not tebow football.
The irony here is that is the very reason everything is about Tebow... the team is not good without him.. things aren't going to be any better with another QB... in fact worse because the Broncos aren't built for Manning..

Last edited by MacGruder; 03-08-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #1104
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I would be happy if we lost half the fan base. We can afford to get rid of the stupid half. Then we could get back to bronco football, not tebow football.
Yeah, the kind of Bronco football we all came to love... Peyton Manning and his anal retentive flapping and waving for 5 minutes before each snap.

Would make Al Wilson proud.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #1105
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Fact is if the Broncos some how some way get Manning the only Two teams we have to worry about is Houston and The Pats for a road to a Super Bowl. Plus Manning with this defense and a weak AFC Division lol at least a 12-4 Football team
Dude.. what you are missing is it was weak because all the QBs get injured in this division.. let's throw a QB with a serious neck problem and a crap Oline into that. That's precisely why Tebow is so valuable..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #1106
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, the kind of Bronco football we all came to love... Peyton Manning and his anal retentive flapping and waving for 5 minutes before each snap.

yeah, al wilson probably would have hated to play with peyton manning

keep digging that hole
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #1107
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I suppose strutting around in underwear while hobnobbing with a pop star would make al Wilson proud too.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #1108
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Philip rivers is EASILY comparable to manning at this point in his career.. Roethlisberger has more superbowls than Manning and his game is more like Tebow's...

That is a PRIME example of why you might be throwing away a more effective player and scheme than you would with Manning...

People also forget Manning's flaws.. he is completely immobile and now an injury liability... I don't think people understand how that might hurt Manning dramatically as a QB...
Big Ben has had one of the best defenses ever during his run. He is nowhere near Manning in ability. There is literally no one that is not delusional that would pick him over Manning.

Rivers is absolutely not comparable to him. Manning is going to go down as a top three QB ever, Rivers is a good Qb.

That is all. Even if they were comparable that is one guy. You just stretch truths to make it sound like you know what you're talking about.

Let me guess, you're next post will either consist of something about three phases, witch hunts, or straw men.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #1109
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

It's called an audible. Something tebow doesnt know how to do.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #1110
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Fact is if the Broncos some how some way get Manning the only Two teams we have to worry about is Houston and The Pats for a road to a Super Bowl. Plus Manning with this defense and a weak AFC West Division lol at least a 12-4 Football team
You mean the defense Tom Brady posterized for 6 TD passes and gave up 40+ points like 5 times last year? That defense that just got older and has huge question marks at safety, cb, DT, and mike not to mention lacking depth? I hope Peyton's neck can handle making 30 tackles a game too.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #1111
Punisher
®Spreading the Wealth

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Dude.. what you are missing is it was weak because all the QBs get injured in this division.. let's throw a QB with a serious neck problem and a crap Oline into that. That's precisely why Tebow is so valuable..
Face it Tim Tebow is a gimmick QB not a Franchise QB if you don't believe me call John Elway he'll tell you all about it and don't get me wrong i like Tebow but NOT more than Manning thats for sure ****ed up neck or not
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #1112
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
It's not the winning super bowls I'm most worried about. It's the 90% chance we don't. You just pissed away the future to assuage the Indianapolis Colts' quarterback's ego.

And even if the miraculous happened and Peyton won his second title in 15 years, it would still feel pretty cheap compared to growing up with Elway, and finally seeing his dream come true.

A Superbowl win with Peyton Manning wouldn't feel cheap to me. I think we've earned it.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #1113
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
It's called an audible. Something tebow doesnt know how to do.
Somehow Elway managed it without looking like such a clown.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #1114
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
A Superbowl win with Peyton Manning wouldn't feel cheap to me. I think we've earned it.
I think that's what Yankees fans keep telling themselves.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #1115
Punisher
®Spreading the Wealth

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
You mean the defense Tom Brady posterized for 6 TD passes and gave up 40+ points like 5 times last year? That defense that just got older and has huge question marks at safety, cb, DT, and mike not to mention lacking depth? I hope Peyton's neck can handle making 30 tackles a game too.
Yea guess what if Manning was in that game it would of been a ****ing shoot out plus that was one of the few games the defense stank it up
Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #1116
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
I think that's what Yankees fans keep telling themselves.

Yup. Denver Broncos. The Yankees of the NFL.

You nailed it. Thread over.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #1117
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yup. Denver Broncos. The Yankees of the NFL.

You nailed it. Thread over.
Says the guy who'd be proud seeing Peyton frickin Manning hoisting a trophy in the Orange and Blue.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #1118
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Says the guy who'd be proud seeing Peyton frickin Manning hoisting a trophy in the Orange and Blue.
So you're telling me you'd be upset if we won a Super Bowl with Manning?

Good God.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #1119
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I'd be proud if anyone in orange and blue hoisted the trophy. Even tebow.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #1120
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
you keep getting dumber and dumber and dumber
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #1121
Punisher
®Spreading the Wealth

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7

Quote:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #1122
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
So you're telling me you'd be upset if we won a Super Bowl with Manning?

Good God.
Not upset. It just wouldn't be the same.

Which is obvious.

Maybe it's just old school. But titles mean more when you have to go THROUGH guys like Manning and Brady to get there. Can't Beat 'em so Join 'em isn't really my bag.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #1123
razorwire77
Champions of the World!!!

Greatest win/loss of all-time

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

This thread has hit like the 9th circle of Dante's Inferno only if Dante was talking about levels of retard.

"I don't want the Denver Broncos to win a Super Bowl if it was with Peyton Manning as the QB."

Folks, we've officially hit the point of no return.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #1124
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
You've got your head up your ass if you can't see that he's not the same player he was. Those with the most insight and access cut bait on the guy. Cut. Bait.

If you can't concede that 4 neck surgeries, one of which they tried to keep under the rug, has no impact or is nothing to be concerned about then you are more delusional that the most delusional Tebow fan.
Those cutting bait and giving up on Manning also held the number one draft pick overall with the best QB prospect in years at their disposal. If we were choosing between Manning or Luck I'd be with you, but we aren't. Sure Manning is a risk but if you're going to take a risk he's the guy to do it with...I think he might have a point to prove and have a chip on the shoulder the next couple years. I think this option also gives Elway the ability to get rid of Tebow who he is uncomfortable with and revert the offense to a normal pocket passing set.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #1125
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

I will Impregnate you

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich

Short Term plan
Peyton Manning = 3 years of great qb play *if his neck doesnt hold up were screwed

Long Term plan
Tim Tebow= 10+ years of possible great qb play. * He doesnt improve and we need to get another qb.

Or Both

Manning going for the ring and Tebow learning under him.*If Manning gets hurt we will find out if our long term plan suck alot sooner.

Or new longterm plan

Manning for 3 years, draft a qb and have him develop under him.*Manning gets hurt, still wont know about our long term qb situation unless the rook lights it up.

Tebow haters plan

Manning at qb and Tebow at fb

I prefer the Both option since I enjoyed having the broncos relevant again. We probably had more media hype last year than the previous 10 years combined. So even when Manning retired the media would be exploding over Tebowmania again. More bronco news the better.Plus if Tebow did improve we have a great qb for years to come. One downside is if Tebow is willing to wait that long, and Im not sure if he would. I think he is in money making mode right now with signing of the agencies. He is also a competitor so I doubt he would like sitting on the bench that long. 1 year I think he would be ok with. 2 years maybe. 3 years hell no. Another downside could be the media causing distractions, but i dont see anyone in the media calling for Tebow especially since most backed Orton before he was pulled.

Last edited by broncolife; 03-08-2012 at 09:37 PM..
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote