The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #1101
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Not even close to what this would be....

we've got guys like Champ, Dawkins, DJ, Clady, Elvis, etc... that deserve to get the best shot to win a championship before their time runs out....

I understand both sides of the argument but Denver is nowhere near being a mercenary type team
"Best chance to win"

Where have I heard that before?

His neck is f'd and I am skeptical. If he were still a transformative player why wouldn't the colts keep him, trade down and win a few titles in Peyton's last few years? I am not into other people's trash. Especially when they're charging a king's ransom for it.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #1102
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
"Best chance to win"

His neck is f'd and I am skeptical. If he were still a transformative player why wouldn't the colts keep him, trade down and win a few titles in Peyton's last few years? I am not into other people's trash. Especially when they're charging a king's ransom for it.
Because they have the best prospect in many years in their lap.

If they were #2, Peyton Manning would still be a Colt.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #1103
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If he were still a transformative player why wouldn't the colts keep him, trade down and win a few titles in Peyton's last few years?
How many times do I have to shoot down this moronic argument. Do we have Andrew Luck? No? Would we be required to pay Peyton $28 million up front? No? Did we win 2 games last season? No?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #1104
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
You're right, Denver fans would leave in droves if we got Peyton Manning and won a super bowl. solid argument.
It's not the winning super bowls I'm most worried about. It's the 90% chance we don't. You just pissed away the future to assuage the Indianapolis Colts' quarterback's ego.

And even if the miraculous happened and Peyton won his second title in 15 years, it would still feel pretty cheap compared to growing up with Elway, and finally seeing his dream come true.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #1105
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
"Best chance to win"

Don't waste your breath....they are in love with the NAME. If Peyton Manning was still Peyton Manning, he would have a team right now. How weird he hasn't visited with anybody...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #1106
extralife
Ring of Famer

You're right, those 12 teams that called him yesterday weren't actually interested.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1107
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Tebow beat guys as good as Manning last season.. and you are just stunting his growth by not playing him.. so what is the point exactly?
Tebow beat Matt Moore, Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez, Philip Rivers, Christian Ponder, Caleb Hanie, and Rapistberger.

PLEASE elaborate on which one of these QBs is as good as Manning. I am eager to hear you spin this around in your little fantasy world.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #1108
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
It's not the winning super bowls I'm most worried about. It's the 90% chance we don't. You just pissed away the future to assuage the Indianapolis Colts' quarterback's ego.

And even if the miraculous happened and Peyton won his second title in 15 years, it would still feel pretty cheap compared to growing up with Elway, and finally seeing his dream come true.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #1109
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Don't waste your breath....they are in love with the NAME. If Peyton Manning was still Peyton Manning, he would have a team right now. How weird he hasn't visited with anybody...
He literally got off of a plane in Miami like two hours after his press conference. There are pictures.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #1110
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
How many times do I have to shoot down this moronic argument. Do we have Andrew Luck? No? Would we be required to pay Peyton $28 million up front? No? Did we win 2 games last season? No?
You've got your head up your ass if you can't see that he's not the same player he was. Those with the most insight and access cut bait on the guy. Cut. Bait.

If you can't concede that 4 neck surgeries, one of which they tried to keep under the rug, has no impact or is nothing to be concerned about then you are more delusional that the most delusional Tebow fan.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #1111
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
You're right, Denver fans would leave in droves if we got Peyton Manning and won a super bowl. solid argument.
I would be happy if we lost half the fan base. We can afford to get rid of the stupid half. Then we could get back to bronco football, not tebow football.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #1112
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I would be happy if we lost half the fan base. We can afford to get rid of the stupid half. Then we could get back to bronco football, not tebow football.
Yeah then it would be all better for super fans to be super.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #1113
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Tebow beat Matt Moore, Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez, Philip Rivers, Christian Ponder, Caleb Hanie, and Rapistberger.

PLEASE elaborate on which one of these QBs is as good as Manning. I am eager to hear you spin this around in your little fantasy world.
Philip rivers is EASILY comparable to manning at this point in his career.. Roethlisberger has more superbowls than Manning and his game is more like Tebow's...

That is a PRIME example of why you might be throwing away a more effective player and scheme than you would with Manning...

People also forget Manning's flaws.. he is completely immobile and now an injury liability... I don't think people understand how that might hurt Manning dramatically as a QB...
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #1114
Punisher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Fact is if the Broncos some how some way get Manning the only Two teams we have to worry about is Houston and The Pats for a road to a Super Bowl. Plus Manning with this defense and a weak AFC West Division lol at least a 12-4 Football team
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #1115
MacGruder

Quote:
The irony here is that is the very reason everything is about Tebow... the team is not good without him.. things aren't going to be any better with another QB... in fact worse because the Broncos aren't built for Manning..

Last edited by MacGruder; 03-08-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #1116
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yeah, the kind of Bronco football we all came to love... Peyton Manning and his anal retentive flapping and waving for 5 minutes before each snap.

Would make Al Wilson proud.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #1117
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Fact is if the Broncos some how some way get Manning the only Two teams we have to worry about is Houston and The Pats for a road to a Super Bowl. Plus Manning with this defense and a weak AFC Division lol at least a 12-4 Football team
Dude.. what you are missing is it was weak because all the QBs get injured in this division.. let's throw a QB with a serious neck problem and a crap Oline into that. That's precisely why Tebow is so valuable..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #1118
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, the kind of Bronco football we all came to love... Peyton Manning and his anal retentive flapping and waving for 5 minutes before each snap.

yeah, al wilson probably would have hated to play with peyton manning

keep digging that hole
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #1119
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I suppose strutting around in underwear while hobnobbing with a pop star would make al Wilson proud too.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #1120
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Philip rivers is EASILY comparable to manning at this point in his career.. Roethlisberger has more superbowls than Manning and his game is more like Tebow's...

That is a PRIME example of why you might be throwing away a more effective player and scheme than you would with Manning...

People also forget Manning's flaws.. he is completely immobile and now an injury liability... I don't think people understand how that might hurt Manning dramatically as a QB...
Big Ben has had one of the best defenses ever during his run. He is nowhere near Manning in ability. There is literally no one that is not delusional that would pick him over Manning.

Rivers is absolutely not comparable to him. Manning is going to go down as a top three QB ever, Rivers is a good Qb.

That is all. Even if they were comparable that is one guy. You just stretch truths to make it sound like you know what you're talking about.

Let me guess, you're next post will either consist of something about three phases, witch hunts, or straw men.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #1121
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

It's called an audible. Something tebow doesnt know how to do.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #1122
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Fact is if the Broncos some how some way get Manning the only Two teams we have to worry about is Houston and The Pats for a road to a Super Bowl. Plus Manning with this defense and a weak AFC West Division lol at least a 12-4 Football team
You mean the defense Tom Brady posterized for 6 TD passes and gave up 40+ points like 5 times last year? That defense that just got older and has huge question marks at safety, cb, DT, and mike not to mention lacking depth? I hope Peyton's neck can handle making 30 tackles a game too.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #1123
Punisher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Dude.. what you are missing is it was weak because all the QBs get injured in this division.. let's throw a QB with a serious neck problem and a crap Oline into that. That's precisely why Tebow is so valuable..
Face it Tim Tebow is a gimmick QB not a Franchise QB if you don't believe me call John Elway he'll tell you all about it and don't get me wrong i like Tebow but NOT more than Manning thats for sure ****ed up neck or not
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #1124
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

A Superbowl win with Peyton Manning wouldn't feel cheap to me. I think we've earned it.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #1125
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
It's called an audible. Something tebow doesnt know how to do.
Somehow Elway managed it without looking like such a clown.