The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #1076
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,981

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
It's sad but I think the best thing about Manning coming here would be the exit of some of the posters.
If it meant the anti-Tebow idiots left, then you are right.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #1077
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
It's sad but I think the best thing about Manning coming here would be the exit of some of the posters.
This is exactly why you and Elway deserve Manning....

I find it funny that Elway and the Broncos are going to suffer for many many long years because of the same kind of stubbornness that caused Elway to take so long to win a superbowl in the first place...

I think him demanding to go to another team is identical to this situation of stubbornly refusing to try to adapt to Tebow... or even consider it really.. its a smug arrogance and ignorance.. and it's going to cost him just the same IMO..

Last edited by MacGruder; 03-08-2012 at 09:43 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #1078
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,567

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
So you find it funny that what I posted is still true? He may think he's not done. And he may be right. But he's still 36 this month. The key part of my original post being "or". Of course why should I be surprised the intricacies of such a word would go well over your head?

*edit* Oh yeah, the context of your original thread was trading for Manning. So...I'm not really sure how you intend to spin that as you being brilliant.
Right The fact is i predicted this and NOW its happening just give me my props thats all im asking for big man
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #1079
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,112
Default

man, what a terrible insult, to "deserve Manning"

you're ****ing so far gone, kid
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #1080
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
I trust Elway to do the right thing. He's a winner and will foster Championships. I'll cheer for the Broncos whether its Manning or Tebow but I think manning and a change at QB is really where Elway's heart is and it gives him sufficient cause to trade tebow and be done with the McDaniels era player that he's just never been comfortable with.
We're damned if we do damned if we don't. I would rather stick with Tebow because it shortens the cycle. We either get a good long term QB or we start the search for one all over again shortly. Manning delays the process by at least two years. Maybe three or even four. I don't see us winning a Super Bowl with Tebow in three years. The team has too many holes and needs to grow A LOT. But I don't see us winning one with Manning either. Manning could mask a lot of holes on offense but historically he's been a TERRIBLE playoff quarterback. Why should we expect that to change at age 36 (or 37 or 38 when we could realistically potentially contend) and four neck surgeries? To top it all off we'd likely have a draft pick in the high teens or low twenties thereby making our chances of getting a top QB prospect after he retires difficult at best. If Tebow fails this year we'll be in the running for Barkley or whoever else is the flavor of the month.

Last edited by snowspot66; 03-08-2012 at 09:44 PM..
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #1081
snowspot66
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Right The fact is i predicted this and NOW its happening just give me my props thats all im asking for big man
Well if a wish is a prediction to you then props.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1082
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,567

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Well if a wish is a prediction to you then props.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1083
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
It's sad but I think the best thing about Manning coming here would be the exit of some of the posters.
The worst part would be becoming one of those cheap-ass rent-a-franchises like the Vikings or baseball's Florida Marlins that try to go on a rampage every few years with other teams' players in unsustainable fashion, leading to an empty shell of a team nobody really and truly cares about.

Kids can't grow up to love a franchise like that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #1084
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
man, what a terrible insult, to "deserve Manning"

you're ****ing so far gone, kid
This team isn't built for a player like Manning.. that's the whole point.... it's like hiring the greatest chef in the world and giving him spam and ketchup to make your meal...

The funny part is that if not for Tebow and his ability to make this team successful even with all it's flaws someone like Manning wouldn't even be attracted.. I don't even think he is.. I think the Broncos want him but I doubt Manning is dumb enough to be fooled like everyone else.. I think manning knows what a freak Tebow is.. if he comes it's likely only if Tebow is willing to play alongside with him..

Last edited by MacGruder; 03-08-2012 at 09:52 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #1085
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
It's sad but I think the best thing about Manning coming here would be the exit of some of the posters.
What's sad about that? I guarantee alot if those labelled "haters" personally like Tebow, but really dislike his nuthugging fans.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #1086
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The worst part would be becoming one of those cheap-ass rent-a-franchises like the Vikings or baseball's Florida Marlins that try to go on a rampage every few years with other teams' players in unsustainable fashion, leading to an empty shell of a team nobody really and truly cares about.

Kids can't grow up to love a franchise like that.
You mean the same Marlins that won two titles? Yeah, that would suck. I hate winning.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #1087
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,108

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The worst part would be becoming one of those cheap-ass rent-a-franchises like the Vikings or baseball's Florida Marlins that try to go on a rampage every few years with other teams' players in unsustainable fashion, leading to an empty shell of a team nobody really and truly cares about.

Kids can't grow up to love a franchise like that.
Not even close to what this would be....

we've got guys like Champ, Dawkins, DJ, Clady, Elvis, etc... that deserve to get the best shot to win a championship before their time runs out....

I understand both sides of the argument but Denver is nowhere near being a mercenary type team
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #1088
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The worst part would be becoming one of those cheap-ass rent-a-franchises like the Vikings or baseball's Florida Marlins that try to go on a rampage every few years with other teams' players in unsustainable fashion, leading to an empty shell of a team nobody really and truly cares about.

Kids can't grow up to love a franchise like that.
Whaaat about the CHILDRENNNNN?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #1089
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
What's sad about that? I guarantee alot if those labelled "haters" personally like Tebow, but really dislike his nuthugging fans.
Nuthuggers who just happen to think he can actually play.. and it was proven this season even with them screwing him the whole time?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #1090
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
You mean the same Marlins that won two titles? Yeah, that would suck. I hate winning.
Yep, and bottom of the MLB in fan attendance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #1091
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

I'm all for Peyton.
Where can you get a player of the caliber of Peyton Manning at 35yrs old without giving anything up to get him.
It'll be stupid not trying to get him...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #1092
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Not even close to what this would be....

we've got guys like Champ, Dawkins, DJ, Clady, Elvis, etc... that deserve to get the best shot to win a championship before their time runs out....

I understand both sides of the argument but Denver is nowhere near being a mercenary type team
6 years. Plummer, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, and now if you get your wish, Manning (who's the face of the Colts to kids who follow football)

Imagine if the Broncos had been doing that from 1984 to 1990 or so. Many Broncos fans today wouldn't be.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #1093
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I'm all for Peyton.
Where can you get a player of the caliber of Peyton Manning at 35yrs old without giving anything up to get him.
It'll be stupid not trying to get him...
Tebow beat guys as good as Manning last season.. and you are just stunting his growth by not playing him.. so what is the point exactly?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #1094
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Bring back the tapenade!

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,806

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I'm all for Peyton.
Where can you get a player of the caliber of Peyton Manning at 35yrs old without giving anything up to get him.
It'll be stupid not trying to get him...
You're giving up salary that could get big name starters in areas of critical need. You're putting the franchise's future on the hope that 4 neck surgeries hold up. Betting the farm that a 36 yr old nfl'er can hold up. This isn't the same Peyton and until he proves otherwise it isn't worth the risk.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #1095
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
This is exactly why you and Elway deserve Manning....

I find it funny that Elway and the Broncos are going to suffer for many many long years because of the same kind of stubbornness that caused Elway to take so long to win a superbowl in the first place...

I think him demanding to go to another team is identical to this situation of stubbornly refusing to try to adapt to Tebow... or even consider it really.. its a smug arrogance and ignorance.. and it's going to cost him just the same IMO..

Exactly what kind of stubbornness of Elway's caused us to lose out on so many Super Bowls? Never mind the fact that he brought 3 under talented teams to the big game anyways.

You've admitted you're not even a Bronco fan. Quit talking out of your ass on Bronco history because you clearly know absolutely nothing about it.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #1096
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yep, and bottom of the MLB in fan attendance.
You're right, Denver fans would leave in droves if we got Peyton Manning and won a super bowl. solid argument.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #1097
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,602
Default

Join Date: Jan 2011
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #1098
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
man, what a terrible insult, to "deserve Manning"

you're ****ing so far gone, kid
I know right?

And he also grouped me in with Elway as it was a bad thing. I'm kind of honored.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #1099
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,567

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
6 years. Plummer, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, and now if you get your wish, Manning (who's the face of the Colts to kids who follow football)

Imagine if the Broncos had been doing that from 1984 to 1990 or so. Many Broncos fans today wouldn't be.
Just shut up and buy your Manning Jersey when he comes to Denver
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #1100
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I know right?

And he also grouped me in with Elway as it was a bad thing. I'm kind of honored.
That is the thought process of a Tebow fan, not a Broncos fan.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Denver Broncos