The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #1076
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
It's sad but I think the best thing about Manning coming here would be the exit of some of the posters.
If it meant the anti-Tebow idiots left, then you are right.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #1077
MacGruder

Quote:
It's sad but I think the best thing about Manning coming here would be the exit of some of the posters.
This is exactly why you and Elway deserve Manning....

I find it funny that Elway and the Broncos are going to suffer for many many long years because of the same kind of stubbornness that caused Elway to take so long to win a superbowl in the first place...

I think him demanding to go to another team is identical to this situation of stubbornly refusing to try to adapt to Tebow... or even consider it really.. its a smug arrogance and ignorance.. and it's going to cost him just the same IMO..

Last edited by MacGruder; 03-08-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #1078
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
So you find it funny that what I posted is still true? He may think he's not done. And he may be right. But he's still 36 this month. The key part of my original post being "or". Of course why should I be surprised the intricacies of such a word would go well over your head?

*edit* Oh yeah, the context of your original thread was trading for Manning. So...I'm not really sure how you intend to spin that as you being brilliant.
Right The fact is i predicted this and NOW its happening just give me my props thats all im asking for big man
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #1079
extralife
Ring of Famer

man, what a terrible insult, to "deserve Manning"

you're ****ing so far gone, kid
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #1080
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
I trust Elway to do the right thing. He's a winner and will foster Championships. I'll cheer for the Broncos whether its Manning or Tebow but I think manning and a change at QB is really where Elway's heart is and it gives him sufficient cause to trade tebow and be done with the McDaniels era player that he's just never been comfortable with.
We're damned if we do damned if we don't. I would rather stick with Tebow because it shortens the cycle. We either get a good long term QB or we start the search for one all over again shortly. Manning delays the process by at least two years. Maybe three or even four. I don't see us winning a Super Bowl with Tebow in three years. The team has too many holes and needs to grow A LOT. But I don't see us winning one with Manning either. Manning could mask a lot of holes on offense but historically he's been a TERRIBLE playoff quarterback. Why should we expect that to change at age 36 (or 37 or 38 when we could realistically potentially contend) and four neck surgeries? To top it all off we'd likely have a draft pick in the high teens or low twenties thereby making our chances of getting a top QB prospect after he retires difficult at best. If Tebow fails this year we'll be in the running for Barkley or whoever else is the flavor of the month.

Last edited by snowspot66; 03-08-2012 at 09:44 PM..
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #1081
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Right The fact is i predicted this and NOW its happening just give me my props thats all im asking for big man
Well if a wish is a prediction to you then props.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1082
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Well if a wish is a prediction to you then props.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #1083
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
The worst part would be becoming one of those cheap-ass rent-a-franchises like the Vikings or baseball's Florida Marlins that try to go on a rampage every few years with other teams' players in unsustainable fashion, leading to an empty shell of a team nobody really and truly cares about.

Kids can't grow up to love a franchise like that.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #1084
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post

This team isn't built for a player like Manning.. that's the whole point.... it's like hiring the greatest chef in the world and giving him spam and ketchup to make your meal...

The funny part is that if not for Tebow and his ability to make this team successful even with all it's flaws someone like Manning wouldn't even be attracted.. I don't even think he is.. I think the Broncos want him but I doubt Manning is dumb enough to be fooled like everyone else.. I think manning knows what a freak Tebow is.. if he comes it's likely only if Tebow is willing to play alongside with him..

Last edited by MacGruder; 03-08-2012 at 09:52 PM..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #1085
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
What's sad about that? I guarantee alot if those labelled "haters" personally like Tebow, but really dislike his nuthugging fans.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #1086
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The worst part would be becoming one of those cheap-ass rent-a-franchises like the Vikings or baseball's Florida Marlins that try to go on a rampage every few years with other teams' players in unsustainable fashion, leading to an empty shell of a team nobody really and truly cares about.

You mean the same Marlins that won two titles? Yeah, that would suck. I hate winning.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #1087
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:

Not even close to what this would be....

we've got guys like Champ, Dawkins, DJ, Clady, Elvis, etc... that deserve to get the best shot to win a championship before their time runs out....

I understand both sides of the argument but Denver is nowhere near being a mercenary type team
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #1088
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Whaaat about the CHILDRENNNNN?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #1089
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
What's sad about that? I guarantee alot if those labelled "haters" personally like Tebow, but really dislike his nuthugging fans.
Nuthuggers who just happen to think he can actually play.. and it was proven this season even with them screwing him the whole time?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #1090
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
You mean the same Marlins that won two titles? Yeah, that would suck. I hate winning.
Yep, and bottom of the MLB in fan attendance.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #1091
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I'm all for Peyton.
Where can you get a player of the caliber of Peyton Manning at 35yrs old without giving anything up to get him.
It'll be stupid not trying to get him...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #1092
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
Not even close to what this would be....

we've got guys like Champ, Dawkins, DJ, Clady, Elvis, etc... that deserve to get the best shot to win a championship before their time runs out....

I understand both sides of the argument but Denver is nowhere near being a mercenary type team
6 years. Plummer, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, and now if you get your wish, Manning (who's the face of the Colts to kids who follow football)

Imagine if the Broncos had been doing that from 1984 to 1990 or so. Many Broncos fans today wouldn't be.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #1093
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I'm all for Peyton.
Where can you get a player of the caliber of Peyton Manning at 35yrs old without giving anything up to get him.
Tebow beat guys as good as Manning last season.. and you are just stunting his growth by not playing him.. so what is the point exactly?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #1094
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
I'm all for Peyton.
You're giving up salary that could get big name starters in areas of critical need. You're putting the franchise's future on the hope that 4 neck surgeries hold up. Betting the farm that a 36 yr old nfl'er can hold up. This isn't the same Peyton and until he proves otherwise it isn't worth the risk.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #1095
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
This is exactly why you and Elway deserve Manning....

I find it funny that Elway and the Broncos are going to suffer for many many long years because of the same kind of stubbornness that caused Elway to take so long to win a superbowl in the first place...

I think him demanding to go to another team is identical to this situation of stubbornly refusing to try to adapt to Tebow... or even consider it really.. its a smug arrogance and ignorance.. and it's going to cost him just the same IMO..

Exactly what kind of stubbornness of Elway's caused us to lose out on so many Super Bowls? Never mind the fact that he brought 3 under talented teams to the big game anyways.

You've admitted you're not even a Bronco fan. Quit talking out of your ass on Bronco history because you clearly know absolutely nothing about it.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #1096
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yep, and bottom of the MLB in fan attendance.
You're right, Denver fans would leave in droves if we got Peyton Manning and won a super bowl. solid argument.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #1097
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #1098
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I know right?

And he also grouped me in with Elway as it was a bad thing. I'm kind of honored.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #1099
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
6 years. Plummer, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, and now if you get your wish, Manning (who's the face of the Colts to kids who follow football)

Imagine if the Broncos had been doing that from 1984 to 1990 or so. Many Broncos fans today wouldn't be.
Just shut up and buy your Manning Jersey when he comes to Denver
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #1100
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
I know right?

And he also grouped me in with Elway as it was a bad thing. I'm kind of honored.
That is the thought process of a Tebow fan, not a Broncos fan.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote