The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #1001
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
So it's better WE sign a QB to big money who might never take a snap?
Or is only one good hit away from retirement? Or neck stiffens up from playing the cold?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #1002
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Wow 1000 posts
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #1003
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Plummer, Griese, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, and Brister.

I guess you can take Phins out of the running then for that reason. They have ran 15 QBs out of town.
The funny part about that list is that Plummer and Tebow are the one's who catch the most crap for not being able to do this or that, but they are the only two to win playoff games since Elway.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #1004
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Manning also happens to have a home in Miami, not Denver. I doubt Miami fans have acted like some Bronco fans, especially around here, about its QB's. Again, all I see is hope offered of why Manning signs with the Broncos and no realistic reason other than he will draw all of this great talent to the team despite apparently having to "carry" the Colts and not drawing all of that great talent there. So the Broncos would like Manning. That means he is coming to the Broncos?
We are a bad fanbase when it comes to QB's but I doubt that the Phins fans are kinder to that trash they have brought in over the years.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #1005
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lol. Phins fans have been more than harsh since Marino hung 'em up. GTFO barry you ****.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #1006
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Lol. Phins fans have been more than harsh since Marino hung 'em up. GTFO barry you ****.
They signed Pepper over Brees.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #1007
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
So it's better WE sign a QB to big money who might never take a snap?
Yup. I says we spend 100 million if need be. Elway knows some of the old Colorado Crush dudes who work down at the carwash nowadays. They'll play for Old E 40's if need be. Then we just gotta get Marvelous Harrison's crack dealer to get him outta bed and we're golden.

Brady's gonna **** his pants when he sees some of the players Marv springs on bail.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #1008
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We are a bad fanbase when it comes to QB's but I doubt that the Phins fans are kinder to that trash they have brought in over the years.
The worst thing for them is that they blew it when they had the chance to sign Brees. They will never let Ross forget about that. Heck...I bet Ross hasn't forgotten it and is one of the reasons of why he will throw as much as possible to Peyton.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #1009
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The Colts are in a situation where they can sell suckage to their very small crowd of fans, they get to save 28 million dollars which is huge for a small market team, they pick up Luck and have effectively a 2 year mulligan to fix the rest of the team before anyone is going to complain. The only way they can screw that up is hanging onto Manning, bringing back the pressure of winning now in a weak division and delaying the development of Luck.

After the Packers dropped Favre he went to the conference championship game in his only healthy season, it made sense for the Packers do drop him but he was still capable of winning games, Manning is younger than Favre was, less erratic, has less mileage and is not as many years removed from his best performances as Favre was. Manning if healthy will be a force in this league for another at least 3 years.
If healthy. He isn't though. So much so that the Colts didn't choose to keep him over an unknown rookie QB.

The Packers were correct to get rid of Favre, and I don't say that in hindsight. The way he was jerking them around year after year, and with a 1st round QB collecting dust, it made perfect sense.

As for Manning, he has that injury baggage that you don't gamble your franchise's future on. A healthy Peyton Manning stays with the Colts, with or without that 28MM number, so it's not like he was gone either way. So I ask again, if Manning can turn the Broncos into a consistent SB threat overnight, why wouldn't the Colts keep him and ride out the rest of his career? You can't use the injury excuse, but ignore it for this team.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #1010
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
The worst thing for them is that they blew it when they had the chance to sign Brees. They will never let Ross forget about that. Heck...I bet Ross hasn't forgotten it and is one of the reasons of why he will throw as much as possible to Peyton.
He can throw as much at him as he wants, other teams can pay him more and Denver is one of those teams.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #1011
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Because they weren't going to pay him 28 million dollars and Andrew Luck 40 million. Duh.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #1012
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Oh, look who crawled out. Maybe you have more time to do your silly negative rep crap, threatening violence and getting banned some more. Grow up or better yet, get a job so you have something else to do than act like a juvenile on internet forums so someone, anyone can take what you post even remotely seriously and can think of you as knowing something for a change.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #1013
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
The funny thing is that while some may miss Tebow, I doubt any one will miss you.
Of course they won't.. ignorance is bliss... Like thinking this teams problems will be fixed with some other QB coming in rather than realizing the tough reality.. things will get even worse..
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #1014
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Miami's teams have not been good, it's just not been at QB, but as good as Marino was, he still didn't bring home a Super Bowl while Elway brought 2 and many fans were not always thrilled with him either.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #1015
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Oh, look who crawled out. Maybe you have more time to do your silly negative rep crap, threatening violence and getting banned some more. Grow up or better yet, get a job so you have something else to do than act like a juvenile on internet forums so someone, anyone can take what you post even remotely seriously and can think of you as knowing something for a change.
I got banned because I exposed you for the square you were.

Amazingly after that debacle, you stopped posting ridiculous **** and toned down your racist and vile rhetoric in the WPR forum.

No child needs to be taught by a ****stain like you Barry Rimjob.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #1016
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
And a fan base that has ripped apart every Bronco QB since Elway. Yeah, real enticing.
Name any post-Elway QB that was even close to being in Peyton's league as a QB....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #1017
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Manning also happens to have a home in Miami, not Denver. I doubt Miami fans have acted like some Bronco fans, especially around here, about its QB's. Again, all I see is hope offered of why Manning signs with the Broncos and no realistic reason other than he will draw all of this great talent to the team despite apparently having to "carry" the Colts and not drawing all of that great talent there. So the Broncos would like Manning. That means he is coming to the Broncos?
Miami

Pros: good climate, in the AFC, Manning knows Southern Florida well

Cons: in a tough division, team not in great shape, Rookie head coach

Denver

Pros: in the AFC, in weak division, experienced head coach

Cons: bad climate, team not in great shape, offense very run oriented, would be unpopular with large segment of fans

I am not sure that Arizona is going to go after him unless they can sucker some team into taking on Kolb's contract, right now the Jets would be my favourite to pick him up, they are not afraid of reclamation projects, they have a not insignificant amount of money, they are in a big market in the AFC. The second pick would Houston, they just seem like a perfect fit and with Matt Schaubs injury they have the perfect excuse.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #1018
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Let's put this "healthy" idea to rest. When a part your neck that's supposed to have mobility no longer does, you're never 100%.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #1019
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He can throw as much at him as he wants, other teams can pay him more and Denver is one of those teams.
If they want Peyton they will get him.

Quote:
But the Dolphins have yet to express remote interest in Flynn, according to a Yahoo! Sports report, and Miami owner Stephen Ross has instructed general manager Jeff Ireland to make a "full-court press" on Peyton Manning.

As you might be aware, the Colts released Manning on Wednesday, making the legendary quarterback fair game to every team in the league.

Ross made it clear last year he wanted to pair a high-profile coach with a top-tier quarterback in 2012. Philbin could well become a fine head coach, but a sexy choice he is not. Manning represents the other half of Ross' dream.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #1020
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Name any post-Elway QB that was even close to being in Peyton's league as a QB....
That would only matter if Elway never got his share of boos. I remember vividly people actually asking for QB's like Kubiak and Brister to play over Elway when he had struggles.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #1021
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
If healthy. He isn't though. So much so that the Colts didn't choose to keep him over an unknown rookie QB.

The Packers were correct to get rid of Favre, and I don't say that in hindsight. The way he was jerking them around year after year, and with a 1st round QB collecting dust, it made perfect sense.

As for Manning, he has that injury baggage that you don't gamble your franchise's future on. A healthy Peyton Manning stays with the Colts, with or without that 28MM number, so it's not like he was gone either way. So I ask again, if Manning can turn the Broncos into a consistent SB threat overnight, why wouldn't the Colts keep him and ride out the rest of his career? You can't use the injury excuse, but ignore it for this team.
What future are you gambling? you are not giving up anything to get him, no draft pick, no player no nothing. You pick up Manning, you spend your 1st round pick on whatever the hell you want, you use Manning's star power to sign Reggie Wayne and boom you are in business without giving up a single draft pick on a position you didn't need anyway.

Manning has 1 big injury, if he is over it, he is over it, he is no Chad Pennington.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #1022
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Miami

Pros: good climate, in the AFC, Manning knows Southern Florida well

Cons: in a tough division, team not in great shape, Rookie head coach

Denver

Pros: in the AFC, in weak division, experienced head coach

Cons: bad climate, team not in great shape, offense very run oriented, would be unpopular with large segment of fans

I am not sure that Arizona is going to go after him unless they can sucker some team into taking on Kolb's contract, right now the Jets would be my favourite to pick him up, they are not afraid of reclamation projects, they have a not insignificant amount of money, they are in a big market in the AFC. The second pick would Houston, they just seem like a perfect fit and with Matt Schaubs injury they have the perfect excuse.
A few comments on the bolded parts...

You forgot Elway as a "pro"
Our run oriented offense would adjust with Manning at the helm.
I don't think the Manning move would be all that unpopular. It would with some but I think the excitement would really build, and if Manning played well the bandwagon would fill very quickly.
I have heard/seen it reported very definitively that the Jets/Manning marriage is pretty much a no go. Right now you really only need to concern yourself with Miami, Arizona, and maybe Seattle unless someone else jumps in.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #1023
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Let's put this "healthy" idea to rest. When a part your neck that's supposed to have mobility no longer does, you're never 100%.
And he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #1024
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

One rumor mill has Jets signing Manning, and trading Sanchez to Seattle, reuniting him with his former college coach....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #1025
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Tebow zealots are getting nervous. You can tell by how they lash out almost uncontrolably.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote