The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #976
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I'm not even taking his playoff record into account. If you're rolling the dice on an injury risk, 35 yeard old QB, anything less than hardware makes this a failure, especially when you still have an unknown factor in Tebow.

There have been many QB's to not win on teams more talented than this, but how many did win on teams that were less talented?
Not to mention Manning's days of carrying a team appear over, so he will need some better players around him, which the Broncos still need to acquire and doubtful all those pieces happen this offseason no matter who plays QB. If this franchise hadn't wasted so many draft picks the last 10 years, maybe things would be different right now.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #977
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No, I think AZ should be one of his top three choices, but I think his road to the SB is way harder in the NFC then it is the AFC. Kind of like I think his road to the playoffs are easier in the AFC West then AFC East.

I think his list should look like Houston, SF, and AZ.
Quote:
For whatever reason it is Mia, Denver and I forget the third team lol.
Again, speculation...but I love how you write it down as a fact.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #978
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
true dat, but I still don't see Denver as holding much appeal to Peyton himself. I don't get it because Denver is awesome, but hey, dude has a peanut head so who knows what is going on in that noggin.
Huge cap room, easy division and a coach and VP that will do anything to make him happy.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #979
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And the Broncos currently have more talent than those Colt teams? Manning can draw so much talent to the Broncos even though it doesn't seem like that was the case with the Colts? Again, I see more fantasy stuff happening here.
Peyton wins super bowls any time he feels like it. He just only feels like it once every 10 years or so.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #980
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Again, speculation...but I love how you write it down as a fact.
How the **** should I communicate it to you?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #981
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Huge cap room, easy division and a coach and VP that will do anything to make him happy.
And a fan base that has ripped apart every Bronco QB since Elway. Yeah, real enticing.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #982
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
And the Broncos currently have more talent than those Colt teams? Manning can draw so much talent to the Broncos even though it doesn't seem like that was the case with the Colts? Again, I see more fantasy stuff happening here.
Exactly. If Manning can make chicken salad with this team, why wouldn't the Colts just keep him and win more Super Bowls? Even with that cap number of his, they'd still have more talent than us. Maybe they think Andrew Luck gives them a "better shot."
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #983
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How the **** should I communicate it to you?
You can't....you have your head way up your ass.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #984
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
And a fan base that has ripped apart every Bronco QB since Elway. Yeah, real enticing.
Plummer, Griese, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, and Brister.

I guess you can take Phins out of the running then for that reason. They have ran 15 QBs out of town.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #985
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Exactly. If Manning can make chicken salad with this team, why wouldn't the Colts just keep him and win more Super Bowls? Even with that cap number of his, they'd still have more talent than us. Maybe they think Andrew Luck gives them a "better shot."
Cuz the Colts is Dum. Not willin To Garantee Peyton 45 million even if he never takes a snap? They just doesn't like to win like us!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #986
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I guess you can take Phins out of the running then for that reason. They have ran 15 QBs out of town.
Manning also happens to have a home in Miami, not Denver. I doubt Miami fans have acted like some Bronco fans, especially around here, about its QB's. Again, all I see is hope offered of why Manning signs with the Broncos and no realistic reason other than he will draw all of this great talent to the team despite apparently having to "carry" the Colts and not drawing all of that great talent there. So the Broncos would like Manning. That means he is coming to the Broncos?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #987
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Cuz the Colts is Dum. Not willin To Garantee Peyton 45 million even if he never takes a snap? They just doesn't like to win like us!
So it's better WE sign a QB to big money who might never take a snap?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #988
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
The Colts are in a situation where they can sell suckage to their very small crowd of fans, they get to save 28 million dollars which is huge for a small market team, they pick up Luck and have effectively a 2 year mulligan to fix the rest of the team before anyone is going to complain. The only way they can screw that up is hanging onto Manning, bringing back the pressure of winning now in a weak division and delaying the development of Luck.

After the Packers dropped Favre he went to the conference championship game in his only healthy season, it made sense for the Packers do drop him but he was still capable of winning games, Manning is younger than Favre was, less erratic, has less mileage and is not as many years removed from his best performances as Favre was. Manning if healthy will be a force in this league for another at least 3 years.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #989
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Or is only one good hit away from retirement? Or neck stiffens up from playing the cold?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #990
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Wow 1000 posts
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #991
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:

The funny part about that list is that Plummer and Tebow are the one's who catch the most crap for not being able to do this or that, but they are the only two to win playoff games since Elway.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #992
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Manning also happens to have a home in Miami, not Denver. I doubt Miami fans have acted like some Bronco fans, especially around here, about its QB's. Again, all I see is hope offered of why Manning signs with the Broncos and no realistic reason other than he will draw all of this great talent to the team despite apparently having to "carry" the Colts and not drawing all of that great talent there. So the Broncos would like Manning. That means he is coming to the Broncos?
We are a bad fanbase when it comes to QB's but I doubt that the Phins fans are kinder to that trash they have brought in over the years.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #993
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Lol. Phins fans have been more than harsh since Marino hung 'em up. GTFO barry you ****.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #994
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Lol. Phins fans have been more than harsh since Marino hung 'em up. GTFO barry you ****.
They signed Pepper over Brees.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #995
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yup. I says we spend 100 million if need be. Elway knows some of the old Colorado Crush dudes who work down at the carwash nowadays. They'll play for Old E 40's if need be. Then we just gotta get Marvelous Harrison's crack dealer to get him outta bed and we're golden.

Brady's gonna **** his pants when he sees some of the players Marv springs on bail.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #996
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
We are a bad fanbase when it comes to QB's but I doubt that the Phins fans are kinder to that trash they have brought in over the years.
The worst thing for them is that they blew it when they had the chance to sign Brees. They will never let Ross forget about that. Heck...I bet Ross hasn't forgotten it and is one of the reasons of why he will throw as much as possible to Peyton.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #997
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The Colts are in a situation where they can sell suckage to their very small crowd of fans, they get to save 28 million dollars which is huge for a small market team, they pick up Luck and have effectively a 2 year mulligan to fix the rest of the team before anyone is going to complain. The only way they can screw that up is hanging onto Manning, bringing back the pressure of winning now in a weak division and delaying the development of Luck.

After the Packers dropped Favre he went to the conference championship game in his only healthy season, it made sense for the Packers do drop him but he was still capable of winning games, Manning is younger than Favre was, less erratic, has less mileage and is not as many years removed from his best performances as Favre was. Manning if healthy will be a force in this league for another at least 3 years.
If healthy. He isn't though. So much so that the Colts didn't choose to keep him over an unknown rookie QB.

The Packers were correct to get rid of Favre, and I don't say that in hindsight. The way he was jerking them around year after year, and with a 1st round QB collecting dust, it made perfect sense.

As for Manning, he has that injury baggage that you don't gamble your franchise's future on. A healthy Peyton Manning stays with the Colts, with or without that 28MM number, so it's not like he was gone either way. So I ask again, if Manning can turn the Broncos into a consistent SB threat overnight, why wouldn't the Colts keep him and ride out the rest of his career? You can't use the injury excuse, but ignore it for this team.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #998
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
The worst thing for them is that they blew it when they had the chance to sign Brees. They will never let Ross forget about that. Heck...I bet Ross hasn't forgotten it and is one of the reasons of why he will throw as much as possible to Peyton.
He can throw as much at him as he wants, other teams can pay him more and Denver is one of those teams.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #999
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Because they weren't going to pay him 28 million dollars and Andrew Luck 40 million. Duh.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #1000
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Oh, look who crawled out. Maybe you have more time to do your silly negative rep crap, threatening violence and getting banned some more. Grow up or better yet, get a job so you have something else to do than act like a juvenile on internet forums so someone, anyone can take what you post even remotely seriously and can think of you as knowing something for a change.