The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #976
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I was lurking over at the broncos.com forums, and I happened to read a very well written post about the difference between picking us or the dolphins.

Credit goes to: Houdini

Quote:
Let's breakdown Miami and Denver at this time.

Denver will need a QB no matter what. You have Tebow and Weber, that's all. Miami has Matt Moore who played respectively. The problem is Denver must get another QB, Miami does not. If they get Manning, they are all in. Manning will not be going to any team to "groom" some other QB. He may help in some aspects but he is there to win a ring. So anyone thinking Manning will groom some other QB forget it. Its all or nothing with Manning.

Next point, Miami has the #8 pick, Denver 26th (I forget but around here). Miami will not be using that for a QB, most likely a lineman to add with Poucney and Long who is one of the best LTs in the game. Add Reggie Wayne with Marshall, Bess, Reggie Bush and Fasano and you have one hell of an offense. They have much better offensive weapons than we do. Let's not forget, Miami still finished the season with the 6th ranked defense while we had the 24th ranked defense. They have better pieces overall to work with.

I think Miami is sill especially when they could get Flynn and maybe get Tannenhill to groom for a few years (I am not high on the guy but he might be a good QB with a few years learning). If Flynn works out, they have a solid QB with an up and coming guy.

Manning is an all or nothing move that is similar to the Vikings situation with Farve. Look where that team is now. Do we want to go that route?

I know all of us want the Broncos to win badly but I think this would set us back to what was a great start to a rebuilding process. I don't think we will be great this year but we can add youth and a great foundation. If Tebow is garbage, you have a built up team primed to win for years on in if we grab a solid QB, see the Jets with Sanchez on this one.

Bottom line is if Manning comes here, its an all or nothing, win now atmosphere. If this move bombs in any way, we just set us back another year or so. Denver will need to grab pieces through FA and the draft because Manning won't be here to rebuild a team. We will need immediate starters. It can work but the backlash will be even greater if we don't get to an AFC championship or SB. I believe what this front office is doing and I applaud their efforts. No, it won't be this year but I think next year and years after this team will be the ones to talk about in the AFC. Maybe I am being overconfident but this team is on the right path without Manning.

Also, he didn't play for a year and has been doing alot of rehab. Does anyone think he will come out the same as he was a few years ago? It would take at best half a season to get him back in form. Its not a knock on Peyton as I would think all QBs would have this issue. See Brady after he broke his leg. He was good but not like he was before or even now. He struggled alot more than people remember and this was with a team Matt Cassel won with.

This team is going in the right direction, let's not screw it up now. In two years this team will be a force
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=208571&page=3
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #977
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
4 neck surgeries including one experimental stem cell treatment that he had to go outside of the U.S. to get.
Sounds like a sure fire Super Bowl bid to me, baby!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #978
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Well, if he's not going to take Denver to a Super Bowl in 3 years, remind me why he should be signed again?
Because he increases the chances of Broncos winning a title. Everyone keeps blasting his 9-10 playoff record and his two SB appearances in 14 seasons......completely disregarding he's carried his team to playoffs almost every year.....

Now how many teams have won a SB without making the playoffs first?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #979
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Based on the genius speculation on the internets, Arizona seems like a more likely scenario than Denver.

Arizona: has Larry Fitzgerald and a stronger offense (other than QB), a dome, better weather, a weaker division to win and coach Peyton seems to approve of.

Denver has a nasty history of eating it's QBs alive and Tebow is a huge media storm right now and I doubt Peyton would want that anymore than he would want to deal with the crap to come if he went to NYC. Peyton from a fan perspective is the only QB in general anyone would be okay with benching Tim for so he could mentor him, but the price tag and the things Peyton will want are unlikely to work but hey if Peyton loves Elway that much I am sure he'd do it just for the chance to work with inexperienced receivers and a beat up o-line in an open air stadium and cold weather.

He's not coming here. I would bank on it. If we actually do manage to get Peyton here I will take whatever repercussions that Hotrod makes up a poll for (within reason, no animals, dead things or illegal things).
Yep, very true. I see more fans trying to talk themselves into Manning signing being a great idea, but it just makes little sense for Manning to sign with the Broncos other than because they offered the most money, which I doubt happens either anyway.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #980
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
You are too dumb for school....

Yeah...we were 5-5 at that time...still bottom pickers. What was the story once we captured the west lead...and even better playoff win We are out of trading range. Sorry...that's just the way it is. Keep living in denial.
There was 15 teams with the same or worse record then us at that time.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #981
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Wut

Brees, Rodgers, and Manning laugh at that.
I read the post you responded to as sarcastic and wasn't sure based on your response if you got that Winston was in fact being facetious about Peyton not going to Arizona. I personally think Manning has a good chance to go there, but who the hell knows. At this point, maybe he will go be Aaron Rodgers back up in Green bay (note this is not serious....if he was going to be anyone's water boy it would clearly be Tom Brady's).
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #982
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Because he increases the chances of Broncos winning a title. Everyone keeps blasting his 9-10 playoff record and his two SB appearances in 14 seasons......completely disregarding he's carried his team to playoffs almo s5 t every year.....

Now how many teams have won a SB without making the playoffs first?
crack baby...

look at his postseason stats during his superbowl year.

He got carried by his defense.....
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #983
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Based on the genius speculation on the internets, Arizona seems like a more likely scenario than Denver.

Arizona: has Larry Fitzgerald and a stronger offense (other than QB), a dome, better weather, a weaker division to win and coach Peyton seems to approve of.

Denver has a nasty history of eating it's QBs alive and Tebow is a huge media storm right now and I doubt Peyton would want that anymore than he would want to deal with the crap to come if he went to NYC. Peyton from a fan perspective is the only QB in general anyone would be okay with benching Tim for so he could mentor him, but the price tag and the things Peyton will want are unlikely to work but hey if Peyton loves Elway that much I am sure he'd do it just for the chance to work with inexperienced receivers and a beat up o-line in an open air stadium and cold weather.

He's not coming here. I would bank on it. If we actually do manage to get Peyton here I will take whatever repercussions that Hotrod makes up a poll for (within reason, no animals, dead things or illegal things).
Two words....Bill Bidwill...he can screw up any plan.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #984
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Because he increases the chances of Broncos winning a title. Everyone keeps blasting his 9-10 playoff record and his two SB appearances in 14 seasons......completely disregarding he's carried his team to playoffs almo s5 t every year.....

Now how many teams have won a SB without making the playoffs first?
And the Broncos currently have more talent than those Colt teams? Manning can draw so much talent to the Broncos even though it doesn't seem like that was the case with the Colts? Again, I see more fantasy stuff happening here.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #985
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Because he increases the chances of Broncos winning a title. Everyone keeps blasting his 9-10 playoff record and his two SB appearances in 14 seasons......completely disregarding he's carried his team to playoffs almo s5 t every year.....

Now how many teams have won a SB without making the playoffs first?
I'm not even taking his playoff record into account. If you're rolling the dice on an injury risk, 35 yeard old QB, anything less than hardware makes this a failure, especially when you still have an unknown factor in Tebow.

There have been many QB's to not win on teams more talented than this, but how many did win on teams that were less talented?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #986
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Two words....Bill Bidwill...he can screw up any plan.
true dat, but I still don't see Denver as holding much appeal to Peyton himself. I don't get it because Denver is awesome, but hey, dude has a peanut head so who knows what is going on in that noggin.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #987
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
I read the post you responded to as sarcastic and wasn't sure based on your response if you got that Winston was in fact being facetious about Peyton not going to Arizona. I personally think Manning has a good chance to go there, but who the hell knows. At this point, maybe he will go be Aaron Rodgers back up in Green bay (note this is not serious....if he was going to be anyone's water boy it would clearly be Tom Brady's).
No, I think AZ should be one of his top three choices, but I think his road to the SB is way harder in the NFC then it is the AFC. Kind of like I think his road to the playoffs are easier in the AFC West then AFC East.

I think his list should look like Houston, SF, and AZ. For whatever reason it is Mia, Denver and I forget the third team lol.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #988
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I'm not even taking his playoff record into account. If you're rolling the dice on an injury risk, 35 yeard old QB, anything less than hardware makes this a failure, especially when you still have an unknown factor in Tebow.

There have been many QB's to not win on teams more talented than this, but how many did win on teams that were less talented?
Not to mention Manning's days of carrying a team appear over, so he will need some better players around him, which the Broncos still need to acquire and doubtful all those pieces happen this offseason no matter who plays QB. If this franchise hadn't wasted so many draft picks the last 10 years, maybe things would be different right now.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #989
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No, I think AZ should be one of his top three choices, but I think his road to the SB is way harder in the NFC then it is the AFC. Kind of like I think his road to the playoffs are easier in the AFC West then AFC East.

I think his list should look like Houston, SF, and AZ.
Quote:
For whatever reason it is Mia, Denver and I forget the third team lol.
Again, speculation...but I love how you write it down as a fact.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #990
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
true dat, but I still don't see Denver as holding much appeal to Peyton himself. I don't get it because Denver is awesome, but hey, dude has a peanut head so who knows what is going on in that noggin.
Huge cap room, easy division and a coach and VP that will do anything to make him happy.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #991
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And the Broncos currently have more talent than those Colt teams? Manning can draw so much talent to the Broncos even though it doesn't seem like that was the case with the Colts? Again, I see more fantasy stuff happening here.
Peyton wins super bowls any time he feels like it. He just only feels like it once every 10 years or so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #992
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Again, speculation...but I love how you write it down as a fact.
How the **** should I communicate it to you?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #993
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Huge cap room, easy division and a coach and VP that will do anything to make him happy.
And a fan base that has ripped apart every Bronco QB since Elway. Yeah, real enticing.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #994
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And the Broncos currently have more talent than those Colt teams? Manning can draw so much talent to the Broncos even though it doesn't seem like that was the case with the Colts? Again, I see more fantasy stuff happening here.
Exactly. If Manning can make chicken salad with this team, why wouldn't the Colts just keep him and win more Super Bowls? Even with that cap number of his, they'd still have more talent than us. Maybe they think Andrew Luck gives them a "better shot."
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 PM   #995
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
How the **** should I communicate it to you?
You can't....you have your head way up your ass.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #996
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And a fan base that has ripped apart every Bronco QB since Elway. Yeah, real enticing.
Plummer, Griese, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, and Brister.

I guess you can take Phins out of the running then for that reason. They have ran 15 QBs out of town.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #997
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Exactly. If Manning can make chicken salad with this team, why wouldn't the Colts just keep him and win more Super Bowls? Even with that cap number of his, they'd still have more talent than us. Maybe they think Andrew Luck gives them a "better shot."
Cuz the Colts is Dum. Not willin To Garantee Peyton 45 million even if he never takes a snap? They just doesn't like to win like us!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #998
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Plummer, Griese, Cutler, Orton, Tebow, and Brister.

I guess you can take Phins out of the running then for that reason. They have ran 15 QBs out of town.
Manning also happens to have a home in Miami, not Denver. I doubt Miami fans have acted like some Bronco fans, especially around here, about its QB's. Again, all I see is hope offered of why Manning signs with the Broncos and no realistic reason other than he will draw all of this great talent to the team despite apparently having to "carry" the Colts and not drawing all of that great talent there. So the Broncos would like Manning. That means he is coming to the Broncos?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #999
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Cuz the Colts is Dum. Not willin To Garantee Peyton 45 million even if he never takes a snap? They just doesn't like to win like us!
So it's better WE sign a QB to big money who might never take a snap?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #1000
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,083

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Exactly. If Manning can make chicken salad with this team, why wouldn't the Colts just keep him and win more Super Bowls? Even with that cap number of his, they'd still have more talent than us. Maybe they think Andrew Luck gives them a "better shot."
The Colts are in a situation where they can sell suckage to their very small crowd of fans, they get to save 28 million dollars which is huge for a small market team, they pick up Luck and have effectively a 2 year mulligan to fix the rest of the team before anyone is going to complain. The only way they can screw that up is hanging onto Manning, bringing back the pressure of winning now in a weak division and delaying the development of Luck.

After the Packers dropped Favre he went to the conference championship game in his only healthy season, it made sense for the Packers do drop him but he was still capable of winning games, Manning is younger than Favre was, less erratic, has less mileage and is not as many years removed from his best performances as Favre was. Manning if healthy will be a force in this league for another at least 3 years.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Denver Broncos