The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #926
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
That's what i meant to say.. what does Cam have that Tebow doesn't?

He had a far better offense around him.. he is not a better pocket passer. He had turnovers all over the place and lost to horrible teams.. he had a grear offense around him and a much better coach is all.

Cam couldn't win games until he saw how Tebow did it.. Tebow made the playoffs when Cam couldn't..

Orton put up great numbers last season just like Cam did and Tebow outplayed Orton..
. The Panthers started 1-7 and finished 5-3, showing that they are a team on the upswing. And by rookie standards, Cam did not do terribly with turnovers. 17 INTs is not bad. Manning threw 26 as a rookie. Cam also threw over 4000 yards, besting Manning rookie record output. Any fool can see Cam is a better passer than Tebow at this point.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #927
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
....not to mention this messageboard.
Yes.. it was a regular Algonquin Roundtable before...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #928
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yes the Rams are really upping the bidding war by bringing Denver with its 25th pick in the draft I mean the Skins and Browns must be scared ****tless.
You are too dumb. It's called speculation.... It's a way of making dumb ****s like yourself go to their site or column and read their crap. If you are able to put your homer/hater or whatvevre category you fall in...and step back and think about the rumors of past years, you could be able to realize that they err more than the times they are right.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #929
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
. The Panthers started 1-7 and finished 5-3, showing that they are a team on the upswing. And by rookie standards, Cam did not do terribly with turnovers. 17 INTs is not bad. Manning threw 26 as a rookie. Cam also threw over 4000 yards, besting Manning rookie record output. Any fool can see Cam is a better passer than Tebow at this point.
Tebow is better then Manning. Just look at what Tebow did in the SEC vs what Manning did. It's brain science, not to mention mind bottling that you don't know that.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #930
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Congratulations haters, you got a circle jerk going on up in here.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #931
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
Kind of a funny statement. Here's a hint think QB.
Don't they have not one, but two athletic QB's who also are better running than throwing the ball?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #932
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Let me reiterate what I've said elsewhere....anyone who has concerns about Manning due to his health has my full understanding. I have those serious reservations as well. But to contend that a healthy Manning is not a vast improvement over Tebow is total lunacy.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #933
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
You are too dumb. It's called speculation.... It's a way of making dumb ****s like yourself go to their site or column and read their crap. If you are able to put your homer/hater or whatvevre category you fall in...and step back and think about the rumors of past years, you could be able to realize that they err more than the times they are right.
So you think the FO is what % behind Tim Tebow? I mean seriously give me a figure. I think they are NOT behind him one bit. When there is smoke there is fire and right now Denver keeps making more smoke about Tebow.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #934
MacGruder

Quote:
. The Panthers started 1-7 and finished 5-3, showing that they are a team on the upswing.
That doesn't mean they can't be a team on the downswing too.. look at Sam Bradford.. I thought he was all hype too..

Quote:
And by rookie standards, Cam did not do terribly with turnovers. 17 INTs is not bad. Manning threw 26 as a rookie.
They are average.. the point is who cares how many yards you throw if you lose and you turn the ball over constantly.. you don't think Tebow could do that? Especially with the excellent O Cam had around him? The only reason Cam is overrated is because Fox was the coach before he got there. Clausen too.. anyone would look great after that.. which is why Tebow shouldn't be knocked when Fox is his coach..

Quote:
Any fool can see Cam is a better passer than Tebow at this point.
That's exactly what they said about Tebow versus

Orton
Roethlisberger
Rivers
Schaub
Palmer
Cassell
and
Moore

As well.... yet he beat them...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #935
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

No the TEAM beat them
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #936
MacGruder

Quote:
Let me reiterate what I've said elsewhere....anyone who has concerns about Manning due to his health has my full understanding. I have those serious reservations as well. But to contend that a healthy Manning is not a vast improvement over Tebow is total lunacy.

We are talking about the Broncos as constructed now.. if you had a team with a good D and offense then Peyton would be your guy.. simply because he is more experienced.. but that isn't the case.

Tebow was able to outplay Orton for the same reason.. Tebow could overcome the Broncos flaws where a conventional QB couldn't A conventional QB needs all the pieces around him working to be their best... This is why Orton looked so much better on the Chiefs..
Old 03-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #937
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
No the TEAM beat them
They didn't when Orton was QB... how do you explain that?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #938
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
And of course, YOU have not over-valued Tebow?
No.. I was completely confirmed... If Tebow had any kind of decent coach and support team around him who knows how good he could have been these past 2 years. If McD wasn't on the Pats he could have beat them...

Last edited by MacGruder; 03-08-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #939
Ronnie Tsunami

Quote:
superior ball control due to the running scheme that we switched to with Tebow, improved defense, and an otherworldly leadership ability in #15

and/or magnets
Old 03-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #940
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So you think the FO is what % behind Tim Tebow? I mean seriously give me a figure. I think they are NOT behind him one bit. When there is smoke there is fire and right now Denver keeps making more smoke about Tebow.
Don't make it a Tebow thing. They are not moving up to 2 just because it would take a ransom. And that is not the new MO of the FO. I agree that Tebow doesn't have full support from the FO, but I do believe he will get his chance in training camp to prove them right or wrong. Now...if we land Manning I can see us trading Tebow in a heartbeat to evade the friction. If we continue with the plan of adding vets to push him...well...that's what has been expected ever since Elway and Fox said so. Tim is a grown man, enough to know that anybody in their right minds would pull a flyer on Manning. If he goes to camp with other QBs other than (Manning, Luck or Griffin) then he will get his chance to fight it out.

Don't make it a Tebow thing (but that is what you like), I laughed at your post because YOU said we would go for the #2 pick if we failed in the Manning sweepstakes. But go ahead...keep making it a Tebow thing.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #941
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
superior ball control due to the running scheme that we switched to with Tebow, improved defense, and an otherworldly leadership ability in #15

and/or magnets
Something you won't get from Manning in the playoffs...even in his best years.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #942
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I'll go ahead and call this one for everybody -- the Broncos don't end up with Manning, and we end concluding in hindsight that this whole thing was botched from a PR standpoint.
The PR standpoint wouldn't matter all that much to me.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #943
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Defense came together and started playing better, playing teams with weak QB's, Special teams were good, Ball control running game with Willis McGahee
Old 03-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #944
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post

and/or magnets
A conventional QB couldn't fill that role though.. or is that your point?

Tebow's ability to make the run game so dominant is what allowed the Broncos to dominate time of possession and rest those aging defensive stars. with a gunner like Manning that goes out the window.. the d is going to get gassed.. more turnover too putting the D in bad positions and making the opposing offense liberated.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #945
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Defense came together and started playing better, playing teams with weak QB's, Special teams were good, Ball control running game with Willis McGahee
Willis was there and the Broncos had one of the worst run games.. Tebow played in the very SAME game against the Chargers and totally outplayed Orton.. Tebow outplayed Orton last season when he came in too..

Your argument doesn't fly at all. The defense played better because Tebow made the run game better as explained above....
Old 03-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #946
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

I didn't realize this team was only a questionably healthy, 35 year old Peyton Manning away from a dynasty. If we sign him, when can we start making parade plans?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #947
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Here...more speculation for you all.

Quote:
While Peyton Manning is reportedly not interested in going to the Washington Redskins, there is another team with a realistic shot at landing the superstar QB — the Arizona Cardinals, according to Adam Schein of FOX Sports.

Sources tell Schein that Manning has “put out feelers about the Cardinals,” and is “very intrigued by playing with Larry Fitzgerald and bringing [Reggie] Wayne along as his wingman.” Manning reportedly likes Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and has reached out to learn more about him.

If the Cards are able to sign Manning, they are expected to unload Kevin Kolb and retain John Skelton as the backup behind Manning.
Key words in bold
Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #948
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Don't make it a Tebow thing. They are not moving up to 2 just because it would take a ransom. And that is not the new MO of the FO. I agree that Tebow doesn't have full support from the FO, but I do believe he will get his chance in training camp to prove them right or wrong. Now...if we land Manning I can see us trading Tebow in a heartbeat to evade the friction. If we continue with the plan of adding vets to push him...well...that's what has been expected ever since Elway and Fox said so. Tim is a grown man, enough to know that anybody in their right minds would pull a flyer on Manning. If he goes to camp with other QBs other than (Manning, Luck or Griffin) then he will get his chance to fight it out.

Don't make it a Tebow thing (but that is what you like), I laughed at your post because YOU said we would go for the #2 pick if we failed in the Manning sweepstakes. But go ahead...keep making it a Tebow thing.
Lol how is going from being rumored to be talking to the Rams about the number two pick for RGIII, then one of the top 3 teams in the running for Manning NOT about Tebow!?!?! We spent a crap ton of time scouting QBs and talking to them. I guess that is just hearsay as well.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #949
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Willis was there and the Broncos had one of the worst run games.. Tebow played in the very SAME game against the Chargers and totally outplayed Orton.. Tebow outplayed Orton last season when he came in too..

Your argument doesn't fly at all. The defense played better because Tebow made the run game better as explained above....
Orton sucked ass by Tim outplaying him he just sucked a little less and if your saying Tebow made everything so much better why did he lead the NFL in 3 and outs?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #950
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I didn't realize this team was only a questionably healthy, 35 year old Peyton Manning away from a dynasty. If we sign him, when can we start making parade plans?
The only reason they believe that is because of Elway's Christ complex.. how ironic is that when everyone makes fun of Tebow claiming he thinks he's Christ..

Elway truly had a quote to that effect.. he said he felt he keeps being put in a position on the Broncos to help them as if it was divine intervention.. and people mock Tebow for his beliefs.. lol