The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #926
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
And of course, YOU have not over-valued Tebow?
No.. I was completely confirmed... If Tebow had any kind of decent coach and support team around him who knows how good he could have been these past 2 years. If McD wasn't on the Pats he could have beat them...

Last edited by MacGruder; 03-08-2012 at 07:24 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #927
Ronnie Tsunami
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
They didn't when Orton was QB... how do you explain that?
superior ball control due to the running scheme that we switched to with Tebow, improved defense, and an otherworldly leadership ability in #15

and/or magnets
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #928
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So you think the FO is what % behind Tim Tebow? I mean seriously give me a figure. I think they are NOT behind him one bit. When there is smoke there is fire and right now Denver keeps making more smoke about Tebow.
Don't make it a Tebow thing. They are not moving up to 2 just because it would take a ransom. And that is not the new MO of the FO. I agree that Tebow doesn't have full support from the FO, but I do believe he will get his chance in training camp to prove them right or wrong. Now...if we land Manning I can see us trading Tebow in a heartbeat to evade the friction. If we continue with the plan of adding vets to push him...well...that's what has been expected ever since Elway and Fox said so. Tim is a grown man, enough to know that anybody in their right minds would pull a flyer on Manning. If he goes to camp with other QBs other than (Manning, Luck or Griffin) then he will get his chance to fight it out.

Don't make it a Tebow thing (but that is what you like), I laughed at your post because YOU said we would go for the #2 pick if we failed in the Manning sweepstakes. But go ahead...keep making it a Tebow thing.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #929
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
superior ball control due to the running scheme that we switched to with Tebow, improved defense, and an otherworldly leadership ability in #15

and/or magnets
Something you won't get from Manning in the playoffs...even in his best years.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #930
Cito Pelon
Happy
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Happy dog at the Divide

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lombardiville
Posts: 18,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I'll go ahead and call this one for everybody -- the Broncos don't end up with Manning, and we end concluding in hindsight that this whole thing was botched from a PR standpoint.
The PR standpoint wouldn't matter all that much to me.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #931
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
They didn't when Orton was QB... how do you explain that?
Defense came together and started playing better, playing teams with weak QB's, Special teams were good, Ball control running game with Willis McGahee
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #932
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
superior ball control due to the running scheme that we switched to with Tebow, improved defense, and an otherworldly leadership ability in #15

and/or magnets
A conventional QB couldn't fill that role though.. or is that your point?

Tebow's ability to make the run game so dominant is what allowed the Broncos to dominate time of possession and rest those aging defensive stars. with a gunner like Manning that goes out the window.. the d is going to get gassed.. more turnover too putting the D in bad positions and making the opposing offense liberated.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #933
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Defense came together and started playing better, playing teams with weak QB's, Special teams were good, Ball control running game with Willis McGahee
Willis was there and the Broncos had one of the worst run games.. Tebow played in the very SAME game against the Chargers and totally outplayed Orton.. Tebow outplayed Orton last season when he came in too..

Your argument doesn't fly at all. The defense played better because Tebow made the run game better as explained above....
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #934
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 6,060
Default

I didn't realize this team was only a questionably healthy, 35 year old Peyton Manning away from a dynasty. If we sign him, when can we start making parade plans?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #935
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Here...more speculation for you all.

Quote:
While Peyton Manning is reportedly not interested in going to the Washington Redskins, there is another team with a realistic shot at landing the superstar QB — the Arizona Cardinals, according to Adam Schein of FOX Sports.

Sources tell Schein that Manning has “put out feelers about the Cardinals,” and is “very intrigued by playing with Larry Fitzgerald and bringing [Reggie] Wayne along as his wingman.” Manning reportedly likes Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and has reached out to learn more about him.

If the Cards are able to sign Manning, they are expected to unload Kevin Kolb and retain John Skelton as the backup behind Manning.
Key words in bold
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #936
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Don't make it a Tebow thing. They are not moving up to 2 just because it would take a ransom. And that is not the new MO of the FO. I agree that Tebow doesn't have full support from the FO, but I do believe he will get his chance in training camp to prove them right or wrong. Now...if we land Manning I can see us trading Tebow in a heartbeat to evade the friction. If we continue with the plan of adding vets to push him...well...that's what has been expected ever since Elway and Fox said so. Tim is a grown man, enough to know that anybody in their right minds would pull a flyer on Manning. If he goes to camp with other QBs other than (Manning, Luck or Griffin) then he will get his chance to fight it out.

Don't make it a Tebow thing (but that is what you like), I laughed at your post because YOU said we would go for the #2 pick if we failed in the Manning sweepstakes. But go ahead...keep making it a Tebow thing.
Lol how is going from being rumored to be talking to the Rams about the number two pick for RGIII, then one of the top 3 teams in the running for Manning NOT about Tebow!?!?! We spent a crap ton of time scouting QBs and talking to them. I guess that is just hearsay as well.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #937
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Willis was there and the Broncos had one of the worst run games.. Tebow played in the very SAME game against the Chargers and totally outplayed Orton.. Tebow outplayed Orton last season when he came in too..

Your argument doesn't fly at all. The defense played better because Tebow made the run game better as explained above....
Orton sucked ass by Tim outplaying him he just sucked a little less and if your saying Tebow made everything so much better why did he lead the NFL in 3 and outs?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #938
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I didn't realize this team was only a questionably healthy, 35 year old Peyton Manning away from a dynasty. If we sign him, when can we start making parade plans?
The only reason they believe that is because of Elway's Christ complex.. how ironic is that when everyone makes fun of Tebow claiming he thinks he's Christ..

Elway truly had a quote to that effect.. he said he felt he keeps being put in a position on the Broncos to help them as if it was divine intervention.. and people mock Tebow for his beliefs.. lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #939
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 6,018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Sanchize
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I didn't realize this team was only a questionably healthy, 35 year old Peyton Manning away from a dynasty. If we sign him, when can we start making parade plans?
yeah, cause that's what everyone is saying.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #940
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,621

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The more I think of it, the less and less it becomes Manning signs with the Broncos. They have little established on the offensive side of the ball and a defense that still ranked in the lower 3rd of the NFL. The only way Manning signs with the Broncos is if he is deemed damaged goods by the other teams and the Broncos are the only ones left who would take a chance. I wouldn't get my Super Bowl hopes up if that was the case.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #941
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 6,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Here...more speculation for you all.

Quote:
While Peyton Manning is reportedly not interested in going to the Washington Redskins, there is another team with a realistic shot at landing the superstar QB — the Arizona Cardinals, according to Adam Schein of FOX Sports.

Sources tell Schein that Manning has “put out feelers about the Cardinals,” and is “very intrigued by playing with Larry Fitzgerald and bringing [Reggie] Wayne along as his wingman.” Manning reportedly likes Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and has reached out to learn more about him.

If the Cards are able to sign Manning, they are expected to unload Kevin Kolb and retain John Skelton as the backup behind Manning.


Key words in bold
What? Arizona over this talent-laden roster? Fitzgerald would be lucky to be our #3 receiver. Clearly, word hasn't gotten to Manning yet that he'll win 3 straight Super Bowls with this team.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #942
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 6,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
yeah, cause that's what everyone is saying.
Well, if he's not going to take Denver to a Super Bowl in 3 years, remind me why he should be signed again?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #943
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Lol how is going from being rumored to be talking to the Rams about the number two pick for RGIII, then one of the top 3 teams in the running for Manning NOT about Tebow!?!?! We spent a crap ton of time scouting QBs and talking to them. I guess that is just hearsay as well.
We did...until Tebow played us out of position of drafting either of them. Keep hating buddy. If we are trading to the top of the draft we are going for #1. If we have to mortgage the farm that's the only logical choice.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #944
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Orton sucked ass by Tim outplaying him he just sucked a little less
Then why did Orton look every good when he played under McD and with the Cheifs?

Quote:
and if your saying Tebow made everything so much better why did he lead the NFL in 3 and outs?
Because this is part of the ball control offense. The Broncos would not let Tebow pass or risk turnover until the opposing team scored. This made things 10 times harder for Tebow.. He could only run when they knew he was going to run and only pass when they knew he had to pass... Tebow didn't even have Lloyd like Orton did.. and he still won basically coaching himself when he had to win those games and bail the defense out. Even after carrying them the whole game..

While Tebow did have a lot of three and outs because the offense was so predictable under Fox.. art times the run game dominated which allowed them to dominate the time of possession protecting the defense. It looked like the D was carrying the O but it was really the other way around. McGahee was good but he could only show that because of Tebow. Tebow is also incredibly durable which allowed him to pass deep even taking hits that would have crushed guys like Manning... this also opened the run game so much...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #945
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 6,018

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Sanchize
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Well, if he's not going to take Denver to a Super Bowl in 3 years, remind me why he should be signed again?
Because he gives you a better shot over the next 3 years than a the guy that currently holds the position. Keep up, Skippy.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #946
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
What? Arizona over this talent-laden roster? Fitzgerald would be lucky to be our #3 receiver. Clearly, word hasn't gotten to Manning yet that he'll win 3 straight Super Bowls with this team.
I don't know why AZ wouldn't be his first choice. I guess the NFC does have better teams right now though.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #947
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The more I think of it, the less and less it becomes Manning signs with the Broncos. They have little established on the offensive side of the ball and a defense that still ranked in the lower 3rd of the NFL. The only way Manning signs with the Broncos is if he is deemed damaged goods by the other teams and the Broncos are the only ones left who would take a chance. I wouldn't get my Super Bowl hopes up if that was the case.
I think this is what the Broncos were banking on.. it's a shame... I really think the excuse of signing Manning would have been best for both parties.. just horrible for the Broncos fans.

They would have to deal with the mess left over when they see how bad the team really is. Then Peyton retires and the Broncos have to rebuild all over again..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #948
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 6,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Because he gives you a better shot over the next 3 years than a the guy that currently holds the position. Keep up, Skippy.
Cool, so we'll roll the dice for a guy who gives us a "better shot".

Makes sense to me. Bank the next 3 years on that neck of his and hope for a better shot. We'll worry about everything else some other time.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #949
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,426
Default

If we sign Peyton will MacGruder go away??
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #950
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I bet 90% of the posters that joined in 2011 would stop posting.
....one could hope.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Denver Broncos