The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #851
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Yeah, I also like the idea of a one year rental of Saturday to replace that turd we have at C. Move Franklin to LG and hope that Harris is back to form. Clady, Franklin, Saturday, Kuper, and Harris should be more then enough to keep Manning safe.
We could also look at Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs at guard. Nicks is probably going to become the highest paid guard in the league at between $8-$9 million per season, so he may be too rich, but Grubbs is a high quality player and will probably be around at least $1.5 million-$2 million per season cheaper.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #852
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse View Post
What planet are you from? I forgot.
Who did Orton play worse under.. the great Elway and Fox or McD?

Elway is supposed to be some QB God and the offense was what was holding the team back with Orton as well..

When McD was there the offense played much better.. it was the D and run game that were weak. Elway brought nothing of value to the offense..

That is probably why he is hoping Manning will save him.. but it's just going to get worse..
Old 03-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #853
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Even if the Broncos were to get Manning, they would need to add more weapons on offense, which is the same if Tebow is the QB. But the only way Manning doesn't sign with Miami and signs with the Broncos is if they offer a ton of guaranteed money which is stupid for a guy coming off multiple neck surgeries and likely going to take hits unless the OL pass protects better.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #854
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post

Interesting.
thanks
Old 03-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #855
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I think with our cap room we could make our WR way better then Miami. IMO there are quite a few talented WR's out there to mix with Decker and Thomas.
He would have BMarsh, Wayne, Fassano and Bess. Thats way better than what he would have here. Pass that **** you are smoking around!!!
Heyneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #856
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Who did Orton play worse under.. the great Elway and Fox or McD?

Elway is supposed to be some QB God and the offense was what was holding the team back with Orton as well..

When McD was there the offense played much better.. it was the D and run game that were weak. Elway brought nothing of value to the offense..

That is probably why he is hoping Manning will save him.. but it's just going to get worse..
I see. Manning is not only comparable to Orton, but will actually make things worse. Makes a ton of sense
Old 03-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #857
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Even if the Broncos were to get Manning, they would need to add more weapons on offense, which is the same if Tebow is the QB. But the only way Manning doesn't sign with Miami and signs with the Broncos is if they offer a ton of guaranteed money which is stupid for a guy coming off multiple neck surgeries and likely going to take hits unless the OL pass protects better.
The problem is everyone seems to underestimate how good Tebow is and the impact he has on the team.. offensively and defensively. Same thing with the Offensive line.

If Manning comes it will be because he makes the same mistake.. and it will be a complete disaster for this reason..
Old 03-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #858
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
He would have BMarsh, Wayne, Fassano and Bess. Thats way better than what he would have here. Pass that **** you are smoking around!!!
IF they sign Wayne. Also, you are not considering the possiblity of Thomas and Decker making big strides. The last month + of the season, Thomas was right on pace with Calvin Johnson. Decker was on a 70 catch 12 TD pace before Tebow got into the lineup.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #859
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I missed the part where Miami signed Wayne. Link?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #860
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
The problem is everyone seems to underestimate how good Tebow is and the impact he has on the team.. offensively and defensively. Same thing with the Offensive line.

If Manning comes it will be because he makes the same mistake.. and it will be a complete disaster for this reason..
The problem is you seem to overestimate how good Tebow is
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #861
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

True, I would be surprised to see Manning sign with the Broncos unless it was just for the money. They are not a Super Bowl team even if had a healthy Manning of 4 years ago much less now. They would also have to trade Tebow since that move would signal no confidence in him and maybe have to anyway if just trying to pursue Manning.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #862
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
True, I would be surprised to see Manning sign with the Broncos unless it was just for the money. They are not a Super Bowl team even if had a healthy Manning of 4 years ago much less now.
If they were to stand pat with the roster as is, you're right. But even if they sign Manning, they will have ~$35 million of cap space to play around with, plus the draft.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #863
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I see. Manning is not only comparable to Orton, but will actually make things worse. Makes a ton of sense
It will.. you are forgetting that if Manning comes to the Broncos the style of play will change. They will play more like McD did opening up the passing game.

This will expose all the weaknesses the Broncos have that Tebow covered up.

You are going to have the same team McD had.. and Manning's neck may be even more vulnerable than Orton at this point.. and you aren't going to have McD running the offense.. so Manning is going to have to do everything himself. In such a short time I don't see how that is going to work.. Manning did this over his whole career building the team around him and breaking guys in. Inexperienced receivers and Oline..
Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #864
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

What a better way to build a team than the bring in all the free agents into sort of an "all star" team!

I mean, the Eagles just won the Superbowl, right?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #865
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If they were to stand pat with the roster as is, you're right. But even if they sign Manning, they will have ~$35 million of cap space to play around with, plus the draft.
People assume they will spend all that money and do so on good players, so we will see just what they do. They need help at RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, CB, and maybe safety. Good luck becoming a Super Bowl contender with that list in one offseason.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #866
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
We could also look at Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs at guard. Nicks is probably going to become the highest paid guard in the league at between $8-$9 million per season, so he may be too rich, but Grubbs is a high quality player and will probably be around at least $1.5 million-$2 million per season cheaper.
I almost would rather see what Franklin could do at left guard. Thoughts on moving him there and signing Demetrius Bell? With Tebow as the starter I would love to see him at RT.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #867
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I missed the part where Miami signed Wayne. Link?
If Manning goes to Miami...Wayne is a packaged deal! Take it to the bank!

http://http://profootballtalk.nbcspo...yton-in-miami/

WR is a big need in MIA....so yeah! Try to doubt that. And Garcon (or how ever you write his name) is going to keep an eye out for Manning too. He rejected a 5 year deal from the Colts...even though he knew Luck is going #1 and that WR is huge need for the Colts.
Heyneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #868
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
The problem is you seem to overestimate how good Tebow is
How is that possible? Orton played well on another team.. with no prep.. this shows that the problems were the Broncos team around Orton.

Because Tebow was so unique he could win even with such a flawed team.. he could cover up their weaknesses.. I don't think a conventional QB like Manning could do that.. even as great as he is. He couldn't do it with the Colts why could he with the Broncos?

Last edited by MacGruder; 03-08-2012 at 05:10 PM..
Old 03-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #869
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
True, I would be surprised to see Manning sign with the Broncos unless it was just for the money. They are not a Super Bowl team even if had a healthy Manning of 4 years ago much less now. They would also have to trade Tebow since that move would signal no confidence in him and maybe have to anyway if just trying to pursue Manning.
I disagree. I don't think the Broncos or most teams are nearly as far away from a Super Bowl as you say. The 9-7 Giants won a Super Bowl this year. There are no great teams right now. Any team with a QB like Manning is a contender. Not to mention a team that can rush the passer like Dumervil and Miller.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #870
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
If Manning goes to Miami...Wayne is a packaged deal! Take it to the bank!

http://http://profootballtalk.nbcspo...yton-in-miami/

WR is a big need in MIA....so yeah! Try to doubt that. And Garcon (or how ever you write his name) is going to keep an eye out for Manning too. He rejected a 5 year deal from the Colts...even though he knew Luck is going #1 and that WR is huge need for the Colts.
So he hasn't signed with the Phins yet? Gotcha. WR is a huge need in Denver too so I bet he is a packaged deal here so I guess that means we have Thomas, Decker, and Wayne.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #871
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
What a better way to build a team than the bring in all the free agents into sort of an "all star" team!

Kind of a funny statement. Here's a hint think QB.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #872
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I disagree. I don't think the Broncos or most teams are nearly as far away from a Super Bowl as you say. The 9-7 Giants won a Super Bowl this year. There are no great teams right now. Any team with a QB like Manning is a contender. Not to mention a team that can rush the passer like Dumervil and Miller.
So the Broncos have as much talent as the Giants do? Miller and Dumervil did not exactly have much impact in games when they faced really good offenses.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #873
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

No it's not. We have cap room so might as well add talent though wouldn't you agree?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #874
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
No it's not. We have cap room so might as well add talent though wouldn't you agree?
Adding a couple of late 20s free agents to long term deals is okay by me, but adding a 36 year old 4-neck-surgery QB to a rebuilding team is just a waste of resources.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #875
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Adding a couple of late 20s free agents to long term deals is okay by me, but adding a 36 year old 4-neck-surgery QB to a rebuilding team is just a waste of resources.
Almost half the NFL GMs/FO don't agree with you at all.