The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #751
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I didn't know you are a dolphfan...
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #752
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It's hard for me to believe that there are actually people who are arguing AGAINST having Peyton Manning as the quarterback of the Broncos.
Hero worshippers
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #753
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I love what Tebow brought to this team and fanbase this past season, but damn that looks nice.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #754
bombay
Ring of Famer

It's good to know what the Broncos really think about Tebow.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #755
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No you are the popps and Tsiguy of this. The signs are there you just don't want to believe it because you are blinded by your love for Tebow. As soon as the Rams said the number two pick was up for grabs Denver was linked to RGIII. As soon as Manning was cut Denver is in the running for him. Denver doesn't want to move forward with him. All the flags are there just like they were when McD was first hired. You for some reason just don't want to see it.

Denver has a ton of cap room and I know Elway is telling Manning hey man you can build the team the way you need it.
I find it funny that you haters are now into these conspiracies. You sound just like macgruder, the guy we all make fun of for these exact conspiracies.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #756
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
It's good to know what the Broncos really think about Tebow.
Was that not obvious throughout the entire season. The Broncos want a passing QB and have never believed that Tebow could consistently be that guy.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #757
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
No you are the popps and Tsiguy of this. The signs are there you just don't want to believe it because you are blinded by your love for Tebow. As soon as the Rams said the number two pick was up for grabs Denver was linked to RGIII. As soon as Manning was cut Denver is in the running for him. Denver doesn't want to move forward with him. All the flags are there just like they were when McD was first hired. You for some reason just don't want to see it.

Denver has a ton of cap room and I know Elway is telling Manning hey man you can build the team the way you need it.
You do realize that Tebow's been the hottest thing going in NFL news since Week 7 or so. People are going to link any story they can to Tebow in some way shape or form.

It's all speculation built upon rumor stacked on top of guesses.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #758
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

All this talk about Grandpa Manning is nothing but a ruse to disguise the real target, Mario Williams. Bank it.

Go Broncos! Go Elway! Go Tebow!
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #759
Punisher
® Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

PRETTY PLEASE
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #760
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You do realize that Tebow's been the hottest thing going in NFL news since Week 7 or so. People are going to link any story they can to Tebow in some way shape or form.

Ha ha ha ha.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #761
Ronnie Tsunami

Quote:
#18 is retired by the Broncos.

Manning would wear his old college number, 16, or 12 (the year he joined the broncos)
Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #762
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Dude, Elway likes Tebow as much as Hitler liked Jews.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #763
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #764
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Was that not obvious throughout the entire season. The Broncos want a passing QB and have never believed that Tebow could consistently be that guy.
Right. I do like the message that the Broncos are sending: we need an upgrade at QB.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #765
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
Dude, Elway likes Tebow as much as Hitler liked Jews.
Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, John doesn't have the bank to write $20 million checks. I'm not even sure Bowlen does. And to do so with no performance metrics or even a proper workout?

I can only hope our FO isn't that dumb. They do know Peyton just signed a fat new guaranteed-money contract right before bailing on last season... don't they?

Burn me once...
Old 03-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #766
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Todd Helton, one of my five favorite athletes ever, is great friends with Manning. And Todd's got our backs on this.

The deal is done.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/...edium=facebook

SCOTTSDALE — Todd Helton became the answer to a trivia question last fall when Peyton Manning’s surgically-repaired neck prevented him from starting for the Indianapolis Colts.

Until the Colts’ opener, when Kerry Collins filled in, Todd Helton had been the last quarterback to start in front of Manning. That was nearly two decades ago at the University of Tennessee.

The Colts released Manning on Wednesday in an emotional press conference, and the Broncos, according to our NFL folks at The Post, are expected to guage Manning’s interest by talking with his agent.

So of course, I asked Helton today if he would be recruiting his good friend, whom he worked out briefly with this winter on the Duke campus.

“First, I have to see where Peyton’s at,” Helton said. “If it came down to the Broncos and another team, I would probably talk to him.”

Helton was impressed, as most were, on how well Manning handled the good-bye press conference. He has no doubt that Manning will play again, and play well.

“He loves being a quarterback,” Helton said.
They probably have the same back surgeon too. (I had to. I know it was cheap, but it's like when you're taking a crap at the gym and there's the opportunity to use up all the toilet paper. Juvenile, yes. But satisfying.)
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #767
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
They probably have the same back surgeon too. (I had to. I know it was cheap, but it's like when you're taking a crap at the gym and there's the opportunity to use up all the toilet paper. Juvenile, yes. But satisfying.)
What is this gym thing that you speak of?
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #768
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

...wtf are you talking about?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #769
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Macgruder 2.0
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #770
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You know what the **** I'm talking about. Denver FO doesn't want Tebow that is why they are going after other QBs. Everyone in the media knows it and Denver doesn't hide the fact.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #771
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's Mario Williams people. He's the target not Grandpa "Gimpy" Manning.

By adding Williams the Broncos turn their average defense into a serious contender. The defensive line is the key to a quality defense and ours would be anchored by Dumervil on one side with Williams on the other. On top of that you add in an experienced Miller and the opposing offense will have no idea where the pressure is coming from. The addition of Williams turns Bailey back into an A+ cornerback and transforms Goodman from a grade C to a solid B. Additionally, Bunkley (if he can be retained), McBean and Thomas would greatly benefit from the one on one match ups generated from having Williams at end.

The addition of a young, talented and successful DE would further propel the Broncos towards the end goal, a Super Bowl championship in 2 - 3 years. Contrarily, bringing in Grandpa "Gimpy" only serves to satisfy anti Tebow zealots and cements the Broncos in mediocrity. The BIG picture must be priority number one and getting Mario Williams in orange and blue should be at the top of that list.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #772
Drunken.Broncoholic

Get in line behind the chargers for Mario williams. Cause they are gonna throw a huge number out there.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #773
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
I'm going to take the opinions of those with actual connections to the Broncos organization over yours.

I would too, but i find it convenient that you say its done deal he is gone and you are taking words of those from the broncos, yet, when I asked who said this from the broncos- you do not answer.

So again, who from the broncos has said this? Why would they say this? How does this make sense? Who is their trade partner? How do they have that deal already worked out? What happens if Manning cant play, cant finish TC, gets hurt?

Tell me again please, who is this great source you have that you are witholding on us. because if you info is correct I would love to hear what else they are saying.

We will wait patiently.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #774
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Isn't Mario Williams an end? Why do we need another end, move Ayers inside with Bunkley?
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #775
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Get in line behind the chargers for Mario williams. Cause they are gonna throw a huge number out there.
The Broncos supposedly have a ton of money to spend as well so the Chargers may have to get behind us.

Getting Mario could propel our defense to the next level and cement success for years to come. This HAS to be the priority if Elway is truly thinking about building a complete team. Get it done Elway!