The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #601
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
For his career, Manning maybe had, on average, the best pass protecting O-line in the game.
You are HIGHLY underestimating how a QB with a quick release can make an OL look better than it really is.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #602
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Lol, I can't believe you guys are watching that video and thinking Peyton avoids getting his clock cleaned. Defender is in the backfield immediately.

Not that it's a big deal to get sacked, but I don't see why you're squirming out of it. The O-line is very inconsistent.
Yeah, kind of proves who the morons in this debate are...

Manning has trouble with bad line play. It has gotten to the point that he has thrown his line under the bus in press confrences. People acting like he doesn't need protection, don't watch this sport.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 AM   #603
Ronnie Tsunami
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
For his career, Manning maybe had, on average, the best pass protecting O-line in the game.
I disagree. Props to Saturday, Lilja, scott and Tarik Glenn, but Manning, like Brady, both made their lines look like gods. You can't blitz them because they know where their checkdowns are at all times and will gouge you in the beat of an eye. But you can't not blitz them because then they will pick you apart.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #604
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
So, explain how bringing in possibly the greatest quarterback ever is a bad thing.

Specific examples, please...
Seriously? Ummm....it's a bad idea if we're going to pay him $50M for 2 years of service, of which he might play only 3 games cause his big mellonhead is only attached to his shoulders by dental floss.

Great investment.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #605
Ronnie Tsunami
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Seriously? Ummm....it's a bad idea if we're going to pay him $50M for 2 years of service, of which he might play only 3 games cause his big mellonhead is only attached to his shoulders by dental floss.

Great investment.
People forget that manning will likely sign an incentive laden contract based on performance, no matter where he goes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #606
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
It's hard for me to believe that there are actually people who are arguing AGAINST having Peyton Manning as the quarterback of the Broncos.
4 freakin' neck surgeries.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #607
Ronnie Tsunami
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
4 freakin' neck surgeries.
that's what a team physical and a doctor's opinion is for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #608
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
that's what a team physical and a doctor's opinion is for.
And...? I still don't think he will be able to play out the year with the pounding he's going to take behind our awful pass blocking line. He won't take as many sacks as Tebow because he will audible and throw passes away instead of scrambling, but between Walton and Beadles, he's going to get trucked.

Dwayne Robertson was cleared to play with his bone-on-bone knee in addition to the Javon and TD examples previously in this thread.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #609
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Yeah, kind of proves who the morons in this debate are...

Manning has trouble with bad line play. It has gotten to the point that he has thrown his line under the bus in press confrences. People acting like he doesn't need protection, don't watch this sport.
Every QB in the league has "trouble with bad line play", and nobody is suggesting he doesn't need protection. So, as usual, you're the moron in this debate. Your ability to make things up to support positions you only vaguely take is remarkable, I'll give you that.

jhns, you are the very definition of low hanging fruit today.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:23 AM   #610
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Seriously? Ummm....it's a bad idea if we're going to pay him $50M for 2 years of service, of which he might play only 3 games cause his big mellonhead is only attached to his shoulders by dental floss.

Great investment.
No talking sense. Their goal is to be the Minnesota Vikings come 2014. Minus Adrian Peterson.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #611
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Every QB in the league has "trouble with bad line play", and nobody is suggesting he doesn't need protection. So, as usual, you're the moron in this debate. Your ability to make things up to support positions you only vaguely take is remarkable, I'll give you that.

jhns, you are the very definition of low hanging fruit today.
People are claiming that Manning would have no troubles with the defender running free at him, like in the video. You are an idiot that can't follow a conversation. Why are you even here?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #612
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,283

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
People forget that manning will likely sign an incentive laden contract based on performance, no matter where he goes.
Maybe some of the money, but the general impression is he will lean toward the team offering the most guaranteed. And if it's a competitive market, he will get offered a lot of guaranteed money.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #613
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,283

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports....64363/35140974

Quote:
One team official that contacted Manning's agent, Tom Condon, says he got the definite impression that Manning indeed has already decided where he wants to go, or, at least, the handful of teams truly in the mix. The official, who did not want to be identified, believes that Miami, Washington and Denver are the front-runners.

But the official conceded the front-runner will be the team that, in the end, offers the most guaranteed money.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #614
Ronnie Tsunami
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
And...? I still don't think he will be able to play out the year with the pounding he's going to take behind our awful pass blocking line. He won't take as many sacks as Tebow because he will audible and throw passes away instead of scrambling, but between Walton and Beadles, he's going to get trucked.

Dwayne Robertson was cleared to play with his bone-on-bone knee in addition to the Javon and TD examples previously in this thread.
there probably just as many examples of players who were cleared and were fine from them on out. citing 3, heck, even 10 players does not mean a thing if you don't have any clue about the size of the "study." It could be that 10% of players with manning's deal bounce back, or it could be 90%. but reaching into your memory and pulling out 3 name doesn't make it any more factual that manning is a risk. doctors know more than you or me. medical clearance is medical clearance.

edit: peyton manning has a similar effect to tom brady. both made their lines vastly better. why? you can't blitz them, or they'll gouge you with their intelligence and immediately hit the checkdown/guy who is open. you can't not blitz, though, or they will gouge you anyway. so you have to blitz. but they just get rid of the ball fast anyway.

manning made his team amazing. colts were tied for the best sack allowing team in 10. dropped to 17th without manning, without any vast changes in lineup. team also went from a contender to the worst.

Last edited by Ronnie Tsunami; 03-08-2012 at 07:31 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #615
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
For his career, Manning maybe had, on average, the best pass protecting O-line in the game.
lol wut?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #616
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

ehh, this is going to be one of those threads that continues on even after Manning goes to Miami
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #617
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer
 
ColoradoBuff's Avatar
 
In Manning We Trust......

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Where the buffalo roam....
Posts: 2,132

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I think the Dan Snyders of the world are going to bid Denver out of consideration for Peyton, even if the Broncos' front office is going to go after him.

according to sources close to Manning...he has ruled out playing in the NFC East due to Eli being in the NFC East.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #618
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Every QB in the league has "trouble with bad line play", and nobody is suggesting he doesn't need protection. So, as usual, you're the moron in this debate.
That's funny because I just posted a video of some absolutely atrocious protection, and the reaction I got was... "pfffft. Manning totally wouldda handled that."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #619
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
And...? I still don't think he will be able to play out the year with the pounding he's going to take behind our awful pass blocking line. He won't take as many sacks as Tebow because he will audible and throw passes away instead of scrambling, but between Walton and Beadles, he's going to get trucked.

Dwayne Robertson was cleared to play with his bone-on-bone knee in addition to the Javon and TD examples previously in this thread.
What does knee Dr's clearing people to play have to do with Mannings neck?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #620
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
People are claiming that Manning would have no troubles with the defender running free at him, like in the video. You are an idiot that can't follow a conversation. Why are you even here?
Nobody is claiming that. People are saying that Manning is very good at avoiding sacks for multiple reasons (ability to read defenses, ability to audible at the line, ability to get rid of the ball quickly), and that Manning would probably face a different type of pressure because of the passing threat he presents, and that Denver can take steps to improve its O-line. Dopes like you assume everything would be exactly the same with Manning as it was with Tebow. Again jhns, before posting TTT. You have a lot to learn by listening more and talking less.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #621
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,283

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

The thing with Miami, who people peg as the frontrunner, is does he really 1) want to play the Pats twice a year/have much lower odds of winning the division/making the playoffs 2) join a team in year 1 of a new coaching staff/makeover?

Again, Denver doesn't offer a ton more in proven stability, but Fox has one year under his belt (and many more as a HC) and our division is dog****.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #622
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Nobody is claiming that. People are saying that Manning is very good at avoiding sacks for multiple reasons (ability to read defenses, ability to audible at the line, ability to get rid of the ball quickly), and that Manning would probably face a different type of pressure because of the passing threat he presents, and that Denver can take steps to improve its O-line. Dopes like you assume everything would be exactly the same with Manning as it was with Tebow. Again jhns, before posting TTT. You have a lot to learn by listening more and talking less.
You can't follow a simple conversation. You are an idiot.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #623
Ronnie Tsunami
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
What does knee Dr's clearing people to play have to do with Mannings neck?
he's essentially arguing that because he can name "x" amount of players who have re-injured a medically cleared injury, that medical clearance shouldn't be completely trusted.

obviously i agree to an extent, but i don't agree that it happens to the amount of people that would make peyton manning not worth the risk.

after all, who are we to second guess doctors? they know more than we do, and they know the frequeny rate of re-injuries to the neck. we have nothing as fans. so for me at least, medical clearance = he's good to go.

Last edited by Ronnie Tsunami; 03-08-2012 at 07:37 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #624
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Nobody is claiming that. People are saying that Manning is very good at avoiding sacks for multiple reasons (ability to read defenses, ability to audible at the line, ability to get rid of the ball quickly), and that Manning would probably face a different type of pressure because of the passing threat he presents, and that Denver can take steps to improve its O-line. Dopes like you assume everything would be exactly the same with Manning as it was with Tebow. Again jhns, before posting TTT. You have a lot to learn by listening more and talking less.
What, like teams are only going to bring two on Manning instead of 3?

Pressure is the name of the game with Manning. Even if he excels at getting rid of it and not taking a sack, that's not moving the ball. Peyton needs a solid line more than probably any other component on offense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #625
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert's Turban View Post
he's essentially arguing that because he can name "x" amount of players who have re-injured a medically cleared injury, that medical clearance shouldn't be completely trusted.

obviously i agree to an extent, but i don't agree that it happens to the amount of people that would make peyton manning an enormous risk to sign.
Virtually every player that gets seriously injured can likely get medically cleared to play again at some point. It doesn't have anything to do with whether they can return to form.

Eddie Mac got cleared to return. But he was never the same.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Denver Broncos