The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #551
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I think the only advantage Miami has, and its a big one, is that he lives there. I think both have interesting teams talent wise, Denver has a better fan base, but both will cater to his every whim. He wont have to deal with Tebowmania because, if they sign PM, i doubtt Tim will be round to experience it.
I don't think you hear too many people in Miami talking about internal cap budgets either. Miami will write the check because it will sell seats which they're having trouble with.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #552
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

So he has a place in Miami, a lot of star athletes do.

I think we are in the top 3 to land him because the division we are in thats one thing we definitely got over the Dolphins, its easier to win the AFC West than it is to win the AFC East.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #553
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post

I think we are in the top 3 to land him because the division we are in thats one thing we definitely got over the Dolphins, its easier to win the AFC West than it is to win the AFC East.
So many reasons to pick Denver over Miami.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #554
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
yeah, and they all sign with miami teams if the stars align.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #555
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
So many reasons to pick Denver over Miami.

No hurricanes is one reason, there are so many others though.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #556
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:

John Fox too
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #557
extralife
Ring of Famer

something tells me "likelihood of hurricanes" is not one of the criteria Peyton is going to look at
Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #558
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Miami is frontrunner imo
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #559
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
something tells me "likelihood of hurricanes" is not one of the criteria Peyton is going to look at
Here's one.

Career over. Thanks for playing.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #560
extralife
Ring of Famer

so you're telling me that if Peyton Manning runs around in a circle for 6 seconds and then gets hit from behind he might injure himself?

ok. I'll be sure to tell Peyton that he can no longer be a scrambling quarterback, and that he's going to have to have better pocket awareness than tim tebow

I guess we'll also have to shelve the read option play while down by 35 points

Last edited by extralife; 03-07-2012 at 11:37 PM..
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #561
Shananahan

I confess I will be more than a little upset if Manning walks into town and displaces Tebow. Not because I'm a Tebow fanboy, but simply because I get excited this time of year just thinking about what could be with young players. Same kinda deal with Cutler, since I don't think we've seen his peak yet, either.

Don't get me wrong, I've been a longtime Manning fan. I could root for him all day. But it would bug me for that reason.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #562
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
so you're telling me that if Peyton Manning runs around in a circle for 6 seconds and then gets hit from behind he might injure himself?

ok. I'll be sure to tell Peyton that he can no longer be a scrambling quarterback, and that he's going to have to have better pocket awareness than tim tebow
Dude, Peyton makes it to about the 3/4s of a second mark on that play before getting the melon trucked.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #563
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Dude, Peyton makes it to about the 3/4s of a second mark on that play before getting the melon trucked.
Either that, or he audibles the correct protection, and ends up throwing the ball away if there's nothing there within the correct read rhythm.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #564
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Either that, or he audibles the correct protection, and ends up throwing the ball away if there's nothing there within the correct read rhythm.
Yeah, first he asks in the huddle, "Hey guys, anyone gonna ole their 3-man rush assignment this time? If so, I'll audible. Just keep me posted."
Old 03-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #565
extralife
Ring of Famer

peyton manning doesn't take sacks. that's just how it is. to say the QB doesn't play a role in how often he is sacked is idiotic. yeah, he messed up his neck, but keep in mind this is a guy that played 14 straight years without missing a single PLAY before that.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #566
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

It's hard for me to believe that there are actually people who are arguing AGAINST having Peyton Manning as the quarterback of the Broncos.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #567
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
peyton manning doesn't take sacks. that's just how it is. to say the QB doesn't play a role in how often he is sacked is idiotic. yeah, he messed up his neck, but keep in mind this is a guy that played 14 straight years without missing a single PLAY before that.
Yeah, we'll just play the Jedi mind trick on the 2005 Steelers and tell them they didn't beat Manning by eating him alive.

Pressure is how you beat Manning. Handing him a big o-line downgrade isn't going to help.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #568
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
It's hard for me to believe that there are actually people who are arguing AGAINST having Peyton Manning as the quarterback of the Broncos.
I'm sure people said the same thing about Brett Favre. But where would the Packers be had they bet on the past instead of the future?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #569
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
I'm sure people said the same thing about Brett Favre. But where would the Packers be had they bet on the past instead of the future?

I agree that the Packers made the right choice. But i don't see any parallel for us there. Tebow isn't Aaron Rogers. He's Tim Tebow, and he's a project. I like him a lot, and hope we can keep him around. But if he gets in the way of winning a Superbowl now, I'm all for shipping him out.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #570
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Tebow isn't Aaron Rogers.
That's 99% hindsight talking. 2008 Aaron Rodgers wasn't 2011 Aaron Rodgers when they made that decision. He had plenty of doubters, which we've gone over repeatedly.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #571
Shananahan

Tebow isn't Rodgers, but the parallel is somewhat apt. You need to see what you already have before you choose to invest so much in a guy nearing the end, assuming he's ever even close to the same.

I just don't get the excitement, I guess. As though Manning promises so much.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #572
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Of course, we could look at that the other way around. The Vikings went from a fringe playoff team with an inconsistent scrambler at QB to overtime in the NFC Championship game when they gambled on Brett Favre. No, they didn't win the Super Bowl, but one more break of the ball and maybe they do. Take your shots.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #573
Shananahan

Quote:
Of course, we could look at that the other way around. The Vikings went from a fringe playoff team with an inconsistent scrambler at QB to overtime in the NFC Championship game when they gambled on Brett Favre. No, they didn't win the Super Bowl, but one more break of the ball and maybe they do. Take your shots.
Where are they now?

This Denver team ain't close to that Vikings team.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #574
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yeah, and now that franchise is a complete mess. Coach fired. Can't sell any tickets or win any games. They resorted to Donovan McNabb for crying out loud! Need I say more?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #575
extralife
Ring of Famer

You can't win the super bowl without trying to win the super bowl. They tried, and it very nearly worked. There are no guarantees in football.

And no, this Denver team isn't as good as that Vikings team, but a 36 year old Peyton is a damn sight better of an investment than a 39 year old Brett Favre too.