The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #526
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The same walker that played 16 games the season after we traded for him then got hurt 8 games into the next season?
Yup... the same one... and he actually had surgery after his first season here also. Something they called "scar tissue removal" yeah right. He actually was injured after the 2nd game against the Jaguars in his 2nd season..but tried fighting through it. The knee just didn't hold up. Now...why did you leave the TD part I mentioned? You do know our doctors said he would be the same again don't you? Not!!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #527
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Yup... the same one... and he actually had surgery after his first season here also. Something they called "scar tissue removal" yeah right. He actually was injured after the 2nd game against the Jaguars in his 2nd season..but tried fighting through it. The knee just didn't hold up. Now...why did you leave the TD part I mentioned? You do know our doctors said he would be the same again don't you? Not!!!!
Wow a "not" joke. You got me. Manning wasn't cleared by the Dr that cleared TD so I don't know why you are talking about it.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #528
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
what is your game plan if we do not sign manning and tebow doesn't improve?

if either scenarios plays out that way then we're drafting a quarterback in the first round of 2013, correct?
If Tebow doesn't improve...you are correct! We will be drafting QB in the 1sr rd in 2013. I he fails and we have a lousy record then we can at least hope to pick one of the "franchise" QBs.

Now lets say Manning is our QB and we start winning...he then suffers an injury or loses the arm strength like Farve did and we find ourselves in a similar situation. An 7-9...8-8 team back a square one without the shot at picking one of the top QBs.

If Tebow develops, great for the Team. But if we sign Manning we are amusing the consequences that come with him... and if the happen then... we are set back another 3-5 years.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #529
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Before talking about signing Manning...can we first see him throw first? We don't need damaged goods...
ESPN has shown a video of his workout at Duke....he was throwing the ball very well. Witnesses say the same thing....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #530
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wow a "not" joke. You got me. Manning wasn't cleared by the Dr that cleared TD so I don't know why you are talking about it.
I just brought it up because someone said that doctors had cleared him. I was just showing examples of cases of doctors clearing other players to.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #531
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
errand and bendog and mcdman absolutely would applaud any move that gets rid of Tebow. they hate him. just read all of their posts from the past 3 or 4 months. oubronco is just as bad. there are a few others as well. there is no QB they wouldn't take as a replacement for Tebow. they would probably even prefer Ryan Leaf.
You're an idiot.....yeah please read every Tebow post by me. You ever think that maybe it's not Tebow we hate, but his nuthugging fans like you that we can't stand?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #532
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I just brought it up because someone said that doctors had cleared him. I was just showing examples of cases of doctors clearing other players to.
So is it possible the Dr that cleared Manning might be a better Dr then the one cleared Davis?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #533
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
ESPN has shown a video of his workout at Duke....he was throwing the ball very well. Witnesses say the same thing....
Yeah...the video did show him throwing the ball well. But only short passes. The most important thing with him is: can he take a hit? And the witnesses that have seen him are his entourage and the Colts free agents.

We will find out soon enough how recovered he really is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...yton-workouts/

Quote:
Manning’s camp knew that he’d most likely be cut this week. Thus, like a free agent who somehow has a plane ticket in his hand the moment the market opens, why hasn’t Manning already lined up his first visit?

The fact that no visits have been reported or announced is prompting speculation among some league insiders that, notwithstanding last week’s Zapruder film, he doesn’t yet have the ability to throw the way he needs to throw in order to get teams to throw money at him.

If this process doesn’t move quickly, that speculation could have some merit.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #534
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So is it possible the Dr that cleared Manning might be a better Dr then the one cleared Davis?
Oh for sure... but still it's just something you have to take with a grain of salt. Specially when talking about someone with 3 neck surgeries in a 2 year span.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #535
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

My guess is Manning will be signed by a team before FA begins, and I wouldn't be surprised if its in the next 2 or 3 days.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #536
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Just like doctor cleared Javon Walker's knee when we traded for him. Or when they did so for TD after microfracture surgery.
what does 1 players doctor have to do with another player's doctor?
Old 03-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #537
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Nah, they just hate Tebow.
Nah, they just hate you and your nuthugging cronies.'....
Old 03-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #538
errand
Ring of Famer

if you call throwing a ball about 50 yards downfield short, I guess you're right.... short throws are about 10-20 in my opinion. the bottom line is witnesses claim he is throwing the ball as well as he ever has
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #539
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
This message is hidden because errand is on your ignore list.
Quote:
Quote:
Like music to my ears.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #540
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
i'm saying that barely 1 year after publicly and repeatedly announcing that the team was finally rebuilding via the draft, it would be idiotic for Elway to abandon that process just because somebody waved some shiny beads in his face.

it has nothing to do with Tebow either. let's say Tebow retires tomorrow so he can build orphanages in Africa. even if that happens, it's STILL a bad idea to throw the rebuilding plan out the window, pay Manning $20M+ or whatever the hell asking price he wants, and then try to cobble together a team using what's left of Bowlen's reserves being spent on free agents in the hopes we can get to a SB in the next 2 or 3 years. we have tried that. it doesn't work. i re-iterate. IT DOESN'T WORK and that's why we're in the mess we're in now.
I don't understand why you imagine we'd be abandoning the process of rebuilding. Manning fixes a lot of our offensive problems - not all of them, but plenty of them. We'll get a lot more out of guys like Eric Decker and Julius Thomas with Manning than we ever got out of Tebow. And don't get me wrong - I'm not here to bash Tebow. My goal is to see the Broncos win a superbowl in as little amount of time as possible, regardless of what players are starting...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #541
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Brandon Spano Show (@BrandonSpano)
3/7/12 11:28 PM
Manning camp has been told by Broncos that he would be able to create and run his own offense which apparently excites him. Talks are there
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #542
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

3/7/12 11:25 PM
Atleast 3 other football cities have been in contact with Tom Condon and all of them have came away with impression that Manning likes them
Old 03-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #543
extralife
Ring of Famer

And for the record this:

Quote:
cobble together a team using what's left of Bowlen's reserves being spent on free agents in the hopes we can get to a SB in the next 2 or 3 years. we have tried that. it doesn't work. i re-iterate. IT DOESN'T WORK
actually DOES work. it worked when we had some guy named John Elway. it did not work when we had some guy named Jake Plummer. which one of those two is Peyton Manning most similar to?

yeah, we got lucky with TD and Rod Smith falling into us for nothing, but there are no guarantees in the NFL. but if you get a shot, you take it, because that cuts both ways. for all we know two years from now Manning could have another two rings and Tebow could be out of the league.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #544
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
3/7/12 11:28 PM
Manning camp has been told by Broncos that he would be able to create and run his own offense which apparently excites him. Talks are there
Manning has always been a big fan of Elway. Imagine one of your childhood heros recruitng you to come and play QB/OC in the city that LOVES quarterbacks... I'm already shopping for an Orange #18 jersey...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #545
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

3/7/12 11:34 PM
Top destinations appear to be different than national media thinks. KC, Denver, Washington, have all been in the deepest talks with Condon
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #546
extralife
Ring of Famer

Honestly, I think Miami is basically Denver + a little more talent + living in Miami - the Tebow trainwreck circus that I doubt Manning is interested in answering to. The only thing we have on them is the ****tiness of the AFC West. So that's where I'd put him if I had to bet.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #547
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
And for the record this:

actually DOES work. it worked when we had some guy named John Elway. it did not work when we had some guy named Jake Plummer. which one of those two is Peyton Manning most similar to?

yeah, we got lucky with TD and Rod Smith falling into us for nothing, but there are no guarantees in the NFL. but if you get a shot, you take it, because that cuts both ways. for all we know two years from now Manning could have another two rings and Tebow could be out of the league.
John Elway also took a salary of $300,000 his last year to keep the pieces in place. And he wasn't thrown in last minute with a bunch of scrubs he'd never played with before.

This idea that you can just take a great QB, plop him down anywhere and watch the rings fall from the sky is pretty crazy.

Don't know if you noticed. But the Colts didn't cut Manning because they were tired of polishing so many trophies.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #548
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Fox will help too imo
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 PM   #549
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Honestly, I think Miami is basically Denver + a little more talent + living in Miami - the Tebow trainwreck circus that I doubt Manning is interested in answering to. The only thing we have on them is the ****tiness of the AFC West. So that's where I'd put him if I had to bet.
I think the only advantage Miami has, and its a big one, is that he lives there. I think both have interesting teams talent wise, Denver has a better fan base, but both will cater to his every whim. He wont have to deal with Tebowmania because, if they sign PM, i doubtt Tim will be round to experience it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #550
extralife
Ring of Famer

Even if Tebow is gone immediately (for the record, my ideal scenario is to sign Peyton and keep Tebow on the bench, but I doubt that is an option) Manning will have to answer questions about him, and the fan base won't exactly forget him.