The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #351
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
we are years away. don't you recall that report on our roster posted here several weeks ago? we are lacking several true NFL caliber starters and missing a ton of depth. wishful thinking doesn't fix those problems. time does. i agree that poor drafting makes everything much worse, but how many 1st and 2nd round picks do we have in the next 3 years? 6 unless we got some from another team that i'm not aware of (i don't follow the draft that closely). so it'll be 3 years just to fill those starting positions if everything goes perfectly. once you start trading your picks, you make things harder on yourself.
We don't have to trade picks cause of Manning. That is something you are just making up. Like I said if anything we get more draft picks because we will be trading Tebow since you guys don't think we can keep both QBs for some crazy ass reason.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #352
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If you think that Tebow would need to be traded because of Manning it helps our rebuilding process. You know cause we are getting more draft picks for trading Tebow. Hell Manning and a extra first for your boy Tebow really improves this team.
Never understand why the people who moan about how Tebow sucks then make posts about trading him for a first round pick....
Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #353
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I hope Tebow will stay and learn from the 2ndGOAT while also being taught on the side by GOAT#1

if not hopefully we can trade him for some nice draft picks.
So how long to you think Manning would be here, and how long to do you think Tebow is signed for? The answers to those questions should be interesting...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #354
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
What a load of crap.
you play too much Madden.

this team is not 1 player away from a SB run. we are not 5 players away. we are missing alot of key pieces. 2 WRs, TE, a couple of RBs, 2 OL. that's just on offense. we are missing pieces at DL, LB, and S on defense. then we need depth in case of injuries.
Gort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #355
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
Never understand why the people who moan about how Tebow sucks then make posts about trading him for a first round pick....
I don't think he sucks, I just know he isn't better then Manning.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #356
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
You don't understand? It's pretty simple. They are blithering morons...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #357
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Manning had to have experimental surgery on his neck. Stem cells. Had to go out of the U.S. to do it. So not just regular old 4 surgeries on my neck that make me one hit away from pissing away $20 million this year and the season with it.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #358
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

15 pages? seriously. Yeah, Manning is not coming to Denver, unless it's to play against us. I say Seattle or Arizona.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #359
Agamemnon

Quote:

this team is not 1 player away from a SB run. we are not 5 players away. we are missing alot of key pieces. 2 WRs, TE, a couple of RBs, 2 OL. that's just on offense. we are missing pieces at DL, LB, and S on defense. then we need depth in case of injuries.
Five all-pros could get us there, but come on, who the **** thinks we are going to manage that in the span of Manning's remaining years?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #360
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Because hes smart and hes got a lot to learn still. He obviously needs a lot of work in the passing department.
How do you know Tebow is smart?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #361
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Manning had to have experimental surgery on his neck. Stem cells. Had to go out of the U.S. to do it. So not just regular old 4 surgeries on my neck that make me one hit away from pissing away $20 million this year and the season with it.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan....
Shh...the Madden players are enjoying their fantasy world where we sign Manning and win three straight Super Bowls starting next season...
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #362
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

We have lots of cap room, draft picks in every round and we spent four picks on TEs and S last year combined. I think it's more then possible for them to improve this season. I don't think we are as bad off as you claim we are.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #363
Gort
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
We don't have to trade picks cause of Manning. That is something you are just making up. Like I said if anything we get more draft picks because we will be trading Tebow since you guys don't think we can keep both QBs for some crazy ass reason.
so what do we give another team if we want to trade for their player? shiny beads??

we can't fill all the holes via free agency. the top free agents will have many suitors. is Manning gonna sit around and waste his final couple of years waiting for us to draft players and develop them? hell no. we'll have to make trades too. you absolutely will lose draft picks that way, especially if other GMs know you're desperate to make a trade. look what OAK gave up for a retired QB just this past year. that's put them in the hole for a good 5 years if Palmer doesn't pan out.

seriously. think about the causal effects of signing Manning before acting like ti doesn't come with any hidden costs. it comes with ALOT of hidden costs.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #364
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
15 pages? seriously. Yeah, Manning is not coming to Denver, unless it's to play against us. I say Seattle or Arizona.
But we'll always have the memory of this time to cherish, to give the Tebow haters hope to believe the front office hates Tebow.

This whole time will be legendary.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #365
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
How do you know Tebow is smart?
You ever watch a postgame conference/interview with Tebow?

See if you can find the one from after the Jets Thursday night game when he sat down and was recounting plays and what the defense was doing and how they were attacking it. Yes, he's football smart.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #366
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Shh...the Madden players are enjoying their fantasy world where we sign Manning and win three straight Super Bowls starting next season...
I don't know why you are upset. Maybe if Tebow gets traded you will like the fans of his new team better.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #367
Gort
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
We have lots of cap room, draft picks in every round and we spent four picks on TEs and S last year combined. I think it's more then possible for them to improve this season. I don't think we are as bad off as you claim we are.
sorry, but we won't get a starting NFL caliber player from another team by giving them our 5th round picks. if we want an elite LB or S, we will pay through the nose.

i honestly can't believe i have to explain this to you. this is not a videogame. it takes time to rebuild a bad team. we were 4-12 in 2010 in case you don't remember. we're better now, but we're far from elite.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #368
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

A MAN CAN DREAM!!! MAYBE DREAMS COME TRUE??
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #369
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
we are years away. don't you recall that report on our roster posted here several weeks ago? we are lacking several true NFL caliber starters and missing a ton of depth. wishful thinking doesn't fix those problems. time does. i agree that poor drafting makes everything much worse, but how many 1st and 2nd round picks do we have in the next 3 years? 6 unless we got some from another team that i'm not aware of (i don't follow the draft that closely). so it'll be 3 years just to fill those starting positions if everything goes perfectly. once you start trading your picks, you make things harder on yourself.
I don't think we are that far off. A Manning acquisition as improbable as it is would yield a fair amount of free agents and make some average talent that much better. We'd gain draft picks by trading Tebow and still have our picks to build a younger generation. I like Tebow a lot but feel we are in no mans land with the QB position since John left. For a team that played in a divisional play-off game last year having a ProBowl QB with a chip on his shoulder to win and attracting high end free agents wouldn't suck. Who knows...
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #370
KO5K

Shannon weighs in:

Quote:
0-10 %RT @uberpolitico thoughts on manning becoming a bronco?

He prob think the Broncos might be little too far away to challenge for sb. RT @danmcleran @ShannonSharpe Sharpy, what are the odds we get #18 on the #Broncos?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #371
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
also,

"top 5 all-time QB" is more accurately written as "old, hurt, expensive QB who put up his stats in the overly pass-friendly NFL era while acting as his own de facto OC".
To use your own worn out line....

Colts without Manning draft #1 overall....with Manning, Colts are perrenial SB contenders.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #372
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

We'll see. I'd rather stick with Tim. Doubt we'd look all that attractive to Manning though.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #373
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
You ever watch a postgame conference/interview with Tebow?

See if you can find the one from after the Jets Thursday night game when he sat down and was recounting plays and what the defense was doing and how they were attacking it. Yes, he's football smart.
Football Smart. Ok.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #374
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
To use your own worn out line....

Colts without Manning draft #1 overall....with Manning, Colts are perrenial SB contenders.
That would be the pre-4 neck surgeries Manning, correct?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #375
extralife
Ring of Famer

whelp, pretty easy to tell the difference between broncos fans and tebow fans now
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote