The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #326
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I don't see how adding Manning and drafting well would hurt the team.
you can't draft everybody you need to be a SB contender in a single draft. we can't. we're not close. so if Manning signs, it's predicated on us signing alot of FAs as well. if he comes here, he will want to win immediately. not only do you pay him a ton of money, but you pay others a ton of money and you make trades that end up costing you draft picks. you can't stock up through the draft if that's happening. as long as Manning is desperate to get back to a SB in 2 or 3 years here, we're not building through the draft. we're filling holes with free agents and trades just like Shanny tried to do for 10 years. it didn't work then, why would it work now?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #327
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
I'm for it if Tebow hangs around.

Seeing as that won't happen I'm off the train. Bringing in a 36 year old with SERIOUS health issues and dumping your possible future is one of the dumbest things I could think off. What happens when Manning goes down week 1...
I guess the same thing if we don't sign him, and Tebow stinks....we draft our new future QB in 2013.....isn't that plan you guys said we should follow?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #328
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It's not even a short-term fix (unless by "fix" you mean flashier passing stats that don't translate into more wins). Dude is on his last leg, and will be out of the league in a year or two. Meanwhile we'll be giving up on the first QB to take us to the playoffs in six years, and who is young and developing mind you. Seriously, this is the kind of move only short-sighted football execs make, and that type never succeeds long-term.
PREPARE FOR A SHANNY-ING!!!!
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #329
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

This made me chuckle on PFT

The Broncos interest in Peyton Manning makes a lot of sense. If anyone can heal Peyton’s neck, it’s probably Tim Tebow.
eddie mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #330
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
His first playoff game was 19-16 loss to SB runner up Titans.....
You're right. I questioned that as soon as I posted it.

That Jets game just sticks out like a sore thumb.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #331
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
can't believe we have clowns on here that think signing Manning would be a good thing for a team that only recently accepted the fact that they needed to rebuild via the draft to fill positional holes all over the roster and to add much needed depth.
Adding Manning does not effect rebuilding through the draft.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #332
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Exactly as much as I like Tebow he cannot become bigger than the team.

I would guess he wouldn't publicly wine, because that is not who he is but I would hope he would embrace the thought of playing behind Manning.
Why the **** would he embrace being relegated to backup after leading a ****ty team to an unlikely resurgence and playoff win? Does not compute...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #333
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitter
Manning is very interested in Broncos as well. This thing's mutual.
yes...dreams do come true
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #334
KO5K

Quote:
I guess the same thing if we don't sign him, and Tebow stinks....we draft our new future QB in 2013.....isn't that plan you guys said we should follow?
I believe the chances of Manning going down injured at some point in the next year far, far outweigh the chances of Tebow stinking the place up next year.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #335
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Can't believe we have clowns on here that wouldn't want us to sign Manning if it were possible....even more unbelievable is because they'll be butthurt Tebow wouldn't be starting
My concern is zero about Tebow and 100% about mortgaging thr franchise for a vet with a gimpy neck.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #336
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
PREPARE FOR A SHANNY-ING!!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #337
KevinJames

Quote:
Why the **** would he embrace being relegated to backup after leading a ****ty team to an unlikely resurgence and playoff win? Does not compute...
Because hes smart and hes got a lot to learn still. He obviously needs a lot of work in the passing department.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #338
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

I just love the way FOUR SURGERIES ON A NECK are blown off...each surgery reducing mobility in the upper body area. Who needs to throw! Clearly reputation wins super bowls now.

Peyton (turns to center to call signals)

Lock...KLICKKKKK....

Been in ONE SYSTEM his whole career, almost unheard of. Stable Colts organization with coaching staff.

On the Joe Montana stuff, I love the revisionist history. The Chief players at the time were pissed so much attention was given to Joe...that was the year they switched NarrowHead to grass so the old man could land softly. They got to the championship game with ol' Joe (of course, they made the playoffs the previous year but the media conveniently forgets this too). Last time I checked, he was knocked out at the 50 yard line. Do-de-do.

And those of you worried about a mobile qb...just imagine the fun of seeing Peyton avoid a rush! Ichabod Crane never looked so sexy.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #339
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
you can't draft everybody you need to be a SB contender in a single draft. we can't. we're not close. so if Manning signs, it's predicated on us signing alot of FAs as well. if he comes here, he will want to win immediately. not only do you pay him a ton of money, but you pay others a ton of money and you make trades that end up costing you draft picks. you can't do both. as long as Manning is desperate to get back to a SB in 2 or 3 years here, we're not building through the draft. we're filling holes with free agents and trades just like Shanny tried to do for 10 years. it didn't work then, why would it work now?
It didn't work because we drafted POOR. We don't have to trade draft picks period lol. We can sign Manning, hit on one or two draft picks and become a better team. Pretty simple. We can not sign Manning and hit on picks and still get better. How is that you ask? Because we are still adding more talent!

It seems to me you think we are years away from being good, I don't.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #340
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
manning himself, no.
but manning comes with conditions. one of those conditions is that you start adding players now so that he can get back to the SB ASAP. that means a bunch of other FA signings and trades that cost draft picks. Bowlen is not made of money either. so yes, it very much does affect your drafts.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #341
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
According to him signing Manning means we have to trade all our draft picks for some reason.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #342
Agamemnon

Quote:
Tebow was drafted and is our current starter, so yes it actually does. If we sign Manning, Tebow is done in Denver. And people who think we are going to develop Tebow, playing behind his polar opposite in style mind (who plays in his own custom offense by the way), are clueless idiots...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #343
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
manning himself, no.
but manning comes with conditions. one of those conditions is that you start adding players now so that he can get back to the SB ASAP. that means a bunch of other FA signings and trades that cost draft picks. Bowlen is not made of money either. so yes, it very much does affect your drafts.
What a load of crap.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #344
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

Quote:
He's 9-9 in playoffs...... he's .500 in postseason...just like Tebow is.
I think it's 9-10. Same as Marino.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #345
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
This move is a complete failure unless they win the Superbowl.
...isn't that the goal? With Manning, we'd be alot closer to winning it all over the next 3-4 seasons, let alone this one.

Last edited by errand; 03-07-2012 at 06:46 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #346
KevinJames

I hope Tebow will stay and learn from the 2ndGOAT while also being taught on the side by GOAT#1

if not hopefully we can trade him for some nice draft picks.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #347
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
It didn't work because we drafted POOR. We don't have to trade draft picks period lol. We can sign Manning, hit on one or two draft picks and become a better team. Pretty simple. We can not sign Manning and hit on picks and still get better. How is that you ask? Because we are still adding more talent!

It seems to me you think we are years away from being good, I don't.
we are years away. don't you recall that report on our roster posted here several weeks ago? we are lacking several true NFL caliber starters and missing a ton of depth. wishful thinking doesn't fix those problems. time does. i agree that poor drafting makes everything much worse, but how many 1st and 2nd round picks do we have in the next 3 years? 6 unless we got some from another team that i'm not aware of (i don't follow the draft that closely). so it'll be 3 years just to fill those starting positions if everything goes perfectly. once you start trading your picks, you make things harder on yourself.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #348
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Tebow was drafted and is our current starter, so yes it actually does. If we sign Manning, Tebow is done in Denver. And people who think we are going to develop Tebow, playing behind his polar opposite in style (who plays in his own custom offense by the way), are clueless idiots...
If you think that Tebow would need to be traded because of Manning it helps our rebuilding process. You know cause we are getting more draft picks for trading Tebow. Hell Manning and a extra first for your boy Tebow really improves this team.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #349
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
I think it's 9-10. Same as Marino.
Yup, 9-10.

Basically, anything Errand says, assume the complete opposite. As once again he is wrong.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #350
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Because hes smart and hes got a lot to learn still. He obviously needs a lot of work in the passing department.
Many of the fans on this board need a lot of work in the basic reasoning department.