The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #201
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That's just absurd logic. Tebow was on his 2nd year cam 1. The definition of a rookie is Zero experience at being a professional, regardless if youre sitting the bench or playing.
I'm more interested in practical comparisons vs NFL technical definitions. Tebow played 3 games last year under a different coach. Once given a new coach, he was subsequently locked out and completely unable to work with the new coach until late in the offseason, at which point another quarterback was chosen to work with our starting offense.

Rookie as a general term can be defined as a person with little experience. MLB for instance counts you as a rookie until you have a certain number of at bats. As an example, Derek Jeter debuted for the Yankees in 1995, but won Rookie of the Year in 1996. And yet the Drunkmeister cried no tears, nor were any calls of 'shenanigans' forthcoming.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #202
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

For those of you who keep insisting on the Mane that Bowlen is broke, might as well bow out of the "Broncos are interested in Manning" argument, because it is going to take a boatload of money to land him.

It would be a big contradiction to scream Bowlen is broke on one hand, and then actually believe that the Broncos have a serious interest in Manning. I know, you know, and certainly EFX knows, that Manning is not going to give his services away. The Skins will make sure of it. You can take that to the bank.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #203
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Sneaky Sneaky Agents

Manning is repped by CAA. Wouldn't expect him to land anywhere with an in-place QB also repped by CAA. Includes SF, KC, JAX, DEN, OAK, BUF.
Evan Silva (@evansilva) March 7, 2012
Jacksonville could solve that problem, without agent interference....just sayin`.
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #204
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

lets get us some Manning ........ Tebow can play fullback
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #205
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Not to argue semantics, or whatever.....but why would you inquire about a player's desire to play for you, unless you plan on signing him if he says "yes...."
Well, a team could inquire and see what kind of salary Manning is looking for.

Too high a price and they bow out.

A team that plans on going hard for Manning is one where money is unlikely to be an issue.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #206
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I'm more interested in practical comparisons vs NFL technical definitions. Tebow played 3 games last year under a different coach. Once given a new coach, he was subsequently locked out and completely unable to work with the new coach until late in the offseason, at which point another quarterback was chosen to work with our starting offense.

Rookie as a general term can be defined as a person with little experience. MLB for instance counts you as a rookie until you have a certain number of at bats. As an example, Derek Jeter debuted for the Yankees in 1995, but won Rookie of the Year in 1996. And yet the Drunkmeister cried no tears, nor were any calls of 'shenanigans' forthcoming.
In the MLB they hit a ball with a bat. That's why it is a DIFFERENT sport. In the NFL after their rookie year (which is they year they are drafted), they are no longer a rookie. If you need more proof of this then ask yourself why has no second year NFL player ever won the NFL rookie of the year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #207
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Let's sign him for depth.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #208
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
Let's sign him for depth.
"To elevate the competition at the QB position" to quote mCd.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #209
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

#18 is retired...but 8 is good to go again!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #210
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
are you really this stupid? Beavis and I were discussing the Bills game..he mentioned 75% completion rate during the 1st half of the game...i mentioned that is skewed since its only on 4 attempts and questioned why that is good...i used an EXAMPLE of going 3-3, or 20-20, which completion rate is better....then someone asked doesnt the win matter more than the rate, so i said sure, BUFFALO WON.....then you assumed 20-20 happened in the buffalo game....
So why didn't you just say yes when I asked if that is where the conversation got to complicated for you? It clearly is where you got lost. Your "Buffalo won" comment made no sense unless Buffalo went 20/20. The fact that you just went over it, and still don't get this, only proves how retarded you are.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #211
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
In the MLB they hit a ball with a bat. That's why it is a DIFFERENT sport. In the NFL after their rookie year (which is they year they are drafted), they are no longer a rookie. If you need more proof of this then ask yourself why has no second year NFL player ever won the NFL rookie of the year.
Yup, and Aaron Rodgers smokes cock because in his 4th season he went 6-10 with a 13-3 team that went to OT in the Championship Game the year before.

Should've cut him.

You haven't really played until you've played.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #212
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
So why didn't you just say yes when I asked if that is where the conversation got to complicated for you? It clearly is where you got lost. Your "Buffalo won" comment made no sense unless Buffalo went 20/20. The fact that you just went over it, and still don't get this, only proves how retarded you are.
jumping into a conversation where you clearly lacked the intelligence of the other 2 people may have more to do with this..
Old 03-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #213
campocorto

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
#18 is retired...but 8 is good to go again!
The Broncos supposedly unretired Tripucka's #18 a few years ago.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...16&postcount=1
Old 03-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #214
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Yup, and Aaron Rodgers smokes cock because in his 4th season he went 6-10 with a 13-3 team that went to OT in the Championship Game the year before.

Should've cut him.

lol wut?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #215
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
For those of you who keep insisting on the Mane that Bowlen is broke, might as well bow out of the "Broncos are interested in Manning" argument, because it is going to take a boatload of money to land him.

It would be a big contradiction to scream Bowlen is broke on one hand, and then actually believe that the Broncos have a serious interest in Manning. I know, you know, and certainly EFX knows, that Manning is not going to give his services away. The Skins will make sure of it. You can take that to the bank.
Yep. And he perception is they want Tebow gone and KC has a boner for him. So drive up the price.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #216
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:

Should've cut him.

Well said.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #217
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Well said.
How did anything he said have to do with Tebow being a rookie last year? No one claimed Rodgers was a ROOKIE in his 4th season.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #218
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post

this is where the "how much does Manning want to win a SB" discussion lies....would he take less money for a team that has a chance, like Arizona or Seattle, or take more money and go to a team that is a complete disaster, like miami and washington, knowing a SB is out of reach....
Old 03-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #219
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

manning haters are just gonna hate
Old 03-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #220
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I know whats going on here , Teboners wanted Tebow to be the next great qb in Denver , now that manning is available , that dream is in danger , so manning haters have to hate
Old 03-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #221
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

1. Sign Peyton Manning
2. Trade Tim Tebow to Jacksonville
3. ?
4. PROFIT!!!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #222
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
How did anything he said have to do with Tebow being a rookie last year? No one claimed Rodgers was a ROOKIE in his 4th season.
No, but everyone still gave him the benefit of the doubt. Despite leading a very good team to a very lackluster result.

Because he was inexperienced. Might want to write that down.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #223
Ronnie Tsunami

Peyton Manning will make us a lock for the playoffs if he stays healthy, so I'd be down.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #224
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Sign him, Finnegan, Landry, Irving to mlb, draft dt at 25 to play next to resigned bunkley and go win the next 2 superbowls.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #225
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I know whats going on here , Teboners wanted Tebow to be the next great qb in Denver , now that manning is available , that dream is in danger , so manning haters have to hate
It's really got nothing to do with that for me. I hate this nonsense because it's never going to happen and is a giant waste of time for everybody involved.