The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Default 5,000+ posts and 200+ pages later & Peyton Manning is a Bronco | Thanks for the fun in this thread.

UPDATE AS OF MONDAY MARCH 19th

MANNING IS A BRONCO!!! [/LIST]
------------------
original post
------------------

Quote:
Just heard on NFL/Radio

"Broncos will do their due diligence and go after Peyton Manning if everything checks out its likely that they will heavily pursue him. John Elway and Peyton Manning have a close relationship and the Broncos roster is loaded with talent. Broncos are saying they are a legit landing spot and that they feel they are close to winning it all with a QB like Manning. He would have a great LT protecting him and a running game to go along with his passing skills. His defense would have 2 of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL, and a HOF CB in Champ Bailey. "
DO IT ELWAY!

Last edited by KevinJames; 03-19-2012 at 09:47 AM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Jesus WEEPS!
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

L . O . L . THUNDERDOME!!!
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I'M PROJECTING.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I am not even a little surprised.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just heard it on NFL Network and its been confirmed through Denver Post as well.

> Broncos plan to go after Peyton Manning hard. Feel they are the best team on the market for him.

DO IT ELWAY!

it just happened on TV so ill add a source soon, once its on PFT and stuff.
i call shenanigans.

"Broncos will inquire about Peyton Manning, source says, but likely to stick with Tebow"

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ng-source-says
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

good. if we get Peyton, we get one of the best to ever play the game and Tebow gets to learn from one of the best ever. if we don't get him, we are in the same boat we are now.

look at Manning's track record of making average receivers look like pro bowlers. we have a strong running game, decent line and emerging defense, play in a weak division. adding Manning at 90% of what he used to be instantly makes Denver the AFC West champs and a legit contender in the AFC.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
Shananahan

This will never, ever happen.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Here we go...
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Give us Barrabus!
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
This will never, ever happen.
the OP is trolling. the exact OPPOSITE article is actually on the Denver Post site right now. well, not exact opposite, but mostly opposite.

Quote:
There are reasons the Broncos might not go hard after Manning, too. His age, he turns 36 later this month, coupled with the fact he didn't play last year because of multiple neck surgeries makes him an enormous risk.

And the risk will be financially huge by the time Mike Shanahan's Washington Redskins, as well as the Miami Dolphins, Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, Arizona Cardinals and possibly the Kansas City Chiefs engage in a bidding war.

Another reason the Broncos might not get in a serious bidding war would be the presence of Tebow. By wobble or by will, Tebow took the worst team in football — and that's exactly what their 7-24 record dating back to Nov. 1, 2009 made the Broncos, the NFL's worst team during that span — and helped lead them to the playoffs and a first-round upset of Pittsburgh this past season.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just heard it on NFL Network and its been confirmed through Denver Post as well.

> Broncos plan to go after Peyton Manning hard. Feel they are the best team on the market for him.

DO IT ELWAY!

it just happened on TV so ill add a source soon, once its on PFT and stuff.
Not really what was said, and it was per Klis, not anyone in the organization.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

But wait a minute. Didn't PFT just say that Manning is represented by CAA so he's not going to a team whose QB is also represented by CAA, and since Tebow is represented by CAA...

nevermind...

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #14
crowebomber
Ring of Famer

Old School Sucka Fool

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka

Report: Broncos will inquire about Peyton Manning
Posted by Mike Florio on March 7, 2012, 3:56 PM EST
Getty ImagesEarlier today, we explained that the joint representation of Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow by CAA will make Denver an unlikely destination for Manning.

But that won’t stop the Broncos from at least trying.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Broncos will place a call to Tom Condon. Klis also writes that, if the contract could be structured in a way that protects the Broncos against further neck trouble, “the Broncos could well be players” for Peyton.

The contractual concerns could be enough to kill any possible deal, since teams like the Dolphins surely wouldn’t insist on placing any such protections in Manning’s contract. If he checks out, they’ll go all in and push the market to a point higher than that at which the Broncos will be comfortable.

The headline to the article says that the Broncos likely will stick with Tebow, a decision likely motivated by a desire to keep the Tebowmaniacs from storming the newspaper’s headquarters. Though the item from Klis makes clear that it won’t be easy to land Manning, Klis never says that it’s likely the team will keep Tebow. Instead, Klis explains that the Broncos definitely will explore the possibility of signing Manning.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #15
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
i call shenanigans.

"Broncos will inquire about Peyton Manning, source says, but likely to stick with Tebow"

Yeah. "Were' going to call his agent, see what's up" suddenly means Elway's going to be personally stalking Peyton at charity events and writing $20 million checks.

They just want to find out once and for all whether Peyton wants to get PAID or not. If he wants anything near what he was getting before, he's off the list for most teams.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I think the Dan Snyders of the world are going to bid Denver out of consideration for Peyton, even if the Broncos' front office is going to go after him.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #17
crowebomber
Ring of Famer

Old School Sucka Fool

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka

I'm starting to not trust anything written by Klis. If you read carefully, it is more of an "if the contract COULD be structured, then the Broncos COULD be players." Never really says anything about a source other than Klis' own imagination.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

29 teams in the league are going to inquire about Manning.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #19
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
the OP is trolling. the exact OPPOSITE article is actually on the Denver Post site right now. well, not exact opposite, but mostly opposite.

The OP is not trolling the writer is guessing at best. He is the one that said the Broncos aren't interested and now all of a sudden he says they will inquire about him, he doesn't know.

I heard on the TV and the radio and saw multiple tweets confirming the same thing I heard.

The Broncos are INTERESTED. Thats all we need to know!

Broncos probably don't wanna make a big deal about it among the fans due to the whole Tebow craze so its PR tells the beat writers is just "due diligence".

Last edited by KevinJames; 03-07-2012 at 01:07 PM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Am I reading the original post right? Pat Bowlen is going to be hard when he meets with Peyton Manning?

This seems like a horrible idea. I'm serious.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
I'm starting to not trust anything written by Klis. If you read carefully, it is more of an "if the contract COULD be structured, then the Broncos COULD be players." Never really says anything about a source other than Klis' own imagination.
and yet the OP comes up with the following title for the thread...

Broncos plan to go after Peyton Manning hard. Feel they are the best team on the market for him.

KevinJames is -ing
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #22
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
The OP is not trolling the writer is guessing at best. He is the one that said the Broncos aren't interested and now all of a sudden he says they will inquire about him, he doesn't know.

I heard on the TV and the radio and saw multiple tweets confirming the same thing I heard.

The Broncos are INTERESTED. Thats all we need to know!

Broncos probably don't wanna make a big deal about it among the fans due to the whole Tebow craze so its PR tells the beat writers is just "due diligence".
read your title. you are trolling. you know it. i know it. my dead grandma knows it. if you're going to troll, then at least "own" it.

again, i call shenanigans.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
KO5K

Quote:
Where are the tweets...
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #24
Shananahan

I've said this over and over again, but Tebow is going to be the starting QB until he plays himself out of the spot.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #25
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I think the Dan Snyders of the world are going to bid Denver out of consideration for Peyton, even if the Broncos' front office is going to go after him.
The more I think, the more I think Miami will take the gamble. They absolutely have to do something down there over the next few years or the fan base will dry up completely.

The Skins haven't been good in awhile, but they've still got their fan base. And like I said, I think football wise, the Ravens make the most sense. But being a top tier team makes it hard for them to justify the $$$ gamble.

But if Peyton just wanted to win another ring, Baltimore would be the place to go (while taking a huge pay cut)