The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #401
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I gave up after book 3. We have all of them. I love complex stories with multiple POV's...but a character I like dies in every damn book.

At some point its like dude...someone has to be the f'ing protagonist and make it through this cluster****.

It's not like there is a shortage of characters...
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #402
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
I really wonder if they are going to work in the tower of joy somehow.
Right now someone who has just watched the show and not read the books has no idea that John's parentage is in question. Im really curious as to how they will work that in, as Im certain it will play a large part in the last two books.
There's still ONE survivor from the tower of joy and if that lineage theory is correct, its gonna have to come out soon.

They don't need the ned flashbacks, they need AA to talk to the swamp people when they plead fealty to him.

(Used no spoiler codes lol)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #403
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Oh lawd, didn't read anything ITT (avoiding spoilers), but I've got 2 episodes left in the first season, then I'm reading while I wait for the 2nd season. I watched the first 8 episodes in 4 days lol, so addicting.
Best show I've watched in a very long time.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #404
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,302

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
I really wonder if they are going to work in the tower of joy somehow.
Right now someone who has just watched the show and not read the books has no idea that John's parentage is in question. Im really curious as to how they will work that in, as Im certain it will play a large part in the last two books.
Pretty sure they mentioned John's bloodline a few times last season. (not whom, but that there is more than you think initially.)
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #405
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,028
Default

Other forums i frequent have spoiler tags (i.e. ) that blanks out those words unless highlighted. I really wish we had that, because I just read some things I shouldnt have. (100 pages into book 3)

Last edited by El Guapo; 03-01-2012 at 11:52 AM..
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #406
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Other forums i frequent have spoiler tags (i.e. that blanks out those words unless highlighted. I really wish we had that, just I just read some things I shouldnt have. (100 pages into book 3)
I'm terrified to read anything online about it. I get the feeling this thread is for people who have read all the books.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #407
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
Oh lawd, didn't read anything ITT (avoiding spoilers), but I've got 2 episodes left in the first season, then I'm reading while I wait for the 2nd season. I watched the first 8 episodes in 4 days lol, so addicting.
Best show I've watched in a very long time.
Don't post or read anything until you've watched the next episode
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #408
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,302

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
I'm terrified to read anything online about it. I get the feeling this thread is for people who have read all the books.
It is not. Everyone here has been pretty good about keeping it about the show and speaking in enough generalities about the books that you'll be fine. That said, if you haven't seen the show and you don't want it spoiled, do NOT read this thread.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #409
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Don't post or read anything until you've watched the next episode
My brother (zms325i on here) has read all of the books/watched the show, he's telling me the same thing. Hopefully wifey has more homework tonight so I can finish the season.
I'm at the part where Sansa tells Cersei that Ned will acknowledge Joffrey (biggest ******* character [no homophobe] I've ever had to watch BTW) as the rightful king. I have a feeling sht is about to get real.

Anyone watch the Wire? Nice to see Tommy Carcetti getting work.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #410
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
My brother (zms325i on here) has read all of the books/watched the show, he's telling me the same thing. Hopefully wifey has more homework tonight so I can finish the season.
I'm at the part where Sansa tells Cersei that Ned will acknowledge Joffrey (biggest ******* character [no homophobe] I've ever had to watch BTW) as the rightful king. I have a feeling sht is about to get real.

Anyone watch the Wire? Nice to see Tommy Carcetti getting work.
Joffrey is the errand of Westeros for sure
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #411
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Joffrey is the errand of Westeros for sure



Well played, good sir. Well played.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #412
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It is not. Everyone here has been pretty good about keeping it about the show and speaking in enough generalities about the books that you'll be fine. That said, if you haven't seen the show and you don't want it spoiled, do NOT read this thread.
Nice. I'll be done soon. Just in time for season 2 next month.
It's definitely accurately described as a "Sopranos in Middle Earth".
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #413
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It is not. Everyone here has been pretty good about keeping it about the show and speaking in enough generalities about the books that you'll be fine. That said, if you haven't seen the show and you don't want it spoiled, do NOT read this thread.
Agreed - the stuff about Jon's bloodline is still in the realm of online conspiracy theory. GRRM hasn't tipped his hand yet in this regard.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #414
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post

Anyone watch the Wire? Nice to see Tommy Carcetti getting work.
Yup! My first reaction was, "Hey! It's the mayor of Baltimore!"
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #415
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,028
Default

I was casually looking for collectibles for the show and first went to the HBO site. Who would buy the Lannister shield to mount? If anything I'd mount a Stark one. In fact, what inspired my search was watching Big Bang Theory. Next to their apartment front door is a sword and shield with the Stark crest and their cry above it (Winter is coming). :fever: My dork factor sometime rages out of control, although I have yet to hang any such material in my domicile.

EDIT:

found it.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #416
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I really want to check the series out. But I don't want to buy HBO over it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #417
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
I was casually looking for collectibles for the show and first went to the HBO site. Who would buy the Lannister shield to mount? If anything I'd mount a Stark one. In fact, what inspired my search was watching Big Bang Theory. Next to their apartment front door is a sword and shield with the Stark crest and their cry above it (Winter is coming). :fever: My dork factor sometime rages out of control, although I have yet to hang any such material in my domicile.

EDIT:

found it.

For $300 it better be able to take the head off of zombies.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #418
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,500
Default

HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #419
HooptyHoops
We need a DE
 
HooptyHoops's Avatar
 
C'mon D

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I really want to check the series out. But I don't want to buy HBO over it.
Same boat....I'm talking to friends and family who have Netflix to see if I can come watch it!!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #420
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooptyHoops View Post
Same boat....I'm talking to friends and family who have Netflix to see if I can come watch it!!
HBO shows aren't on instant view.

HBO is worth it. Eastbound and Down, GoT, Boardwalk Empire, and with HBO to go you can stream old episodes of any of their shows (going back at least as far as the sopranos) on IPads, PC's, smartphones etc. Very worth it IMO.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #421
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooptyHoops View Post
Same boat....I'm talking to friends and family who have Netflix to see if I can come watch it!!
Yeah, I have Netflix. It's not there. Doesn't sound like it will be anytime soon either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #422
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
HBO shows aren't on instant view.

HBO is worth it. Eastbound and Down, GoT, Boardwalk Empire, and with HBO to go you can stream old episodes of any of their shows (going back at least as far as the sopranos) on IPads, PC's, smartphones etc. Very worth it IMO.
Yeah, I just don't spend enough TV time to justify it. If I could stream whatever I wanted, then maybe. But I think you can only do that with certain ISPs, which I don't have.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #423
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

ok..for those of U who want to watch quaility online movies or series go to: www.cuevana.tv

It's in spanish but you can set it to english. Just follow the steps for the plugin (I recommend firefox, but chrome or safari will do). Enjoy!!1 Its a great site...It lets you choose standar or HD most of the time....and the series new episode can be found by the next day. Just don't spread the word too much...don't want to see the site taken down!!!

*Ok..apparently they took the english option off. But it's still very easy to look for what you want. And If you are annoyed by spanish subs you can turn them off!

Last edited by Heyneck; 03-01-2012 at 01:36 PM..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #424
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,367

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I really want to check the series out. But I don't want to buy HBO over it.
http://www.cuevana.tv/#!/series/3622/game-of-thrones

Enjoy brother!!! Don't get scared away because it's a site in spanish. All audio is in english and you can turn the subtitles off!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #425
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,555

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
There's still ONE survivor from the tower of joy and if that lineage theory is correct, its gonna have to come out soon.

They don't need the ned flashbacks, they need AA to talk to the swamp people when they plead fealty to him.

(Used no spoiler codes lol)
Thats also why Im kinda curious, because they havent cast any of the three signigicant "bog people." The Reeds are crucial to the story IMO, and they have to this point been written out of the show.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Denver Broncos