The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #376
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post

Gimme Gimme Gimme!!

Im halfway through book 4. Not liking it so much, still good but, after all that happens in 3, well I guess there needs to be a little setting up to do, an arranging of the pawns so to speak.

April 1st can not get here fast enough. I just hope they do as good a job with season 2 as 1. And I would like them to draw it out a bit longer but whatever. I still want want want.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #377
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
If that is Mellisandre in the first shot with Stannis, which it probably is, than once again they are changing the appearance of an important character. I may be a bit of a stickler for this type of thing(why weren't the wights hands black?), but Mellisandre is supposed to have red eyes damnit. Is it really that difficult to change eye color with cg or contacts? Sure, contacts may be uncomfortable and cg expensive, but isnt it a relatively small price(figuratively) to pay in order to include aspects of the novels that really add flavor to a character? Again, I know I'm over reacting, maybe when the show actually starts it'll turn out that her eyes only glow red when she is communing with r'hllor or something.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #378
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
If that is Mellisandre in the first shot with Stannis, which it probably is, than once again they are changing the appearance of an important character. I may be a bit of a stickler for this type of thing(why weren't the wights hands black?), but Mellisandre is supposed to have red eyes damnit. Is it really that difficult to change eye color with cg or contacts? Sure, contacts may be uncomfortable and cg expensive, but isnt it a relatively small price(figuratively) to pay in order to include aspects of the novels that really add flavor to a character? Again, I know I'm over reacting, maybe when the show actually starts it'll turn out that her eyes only glow red when she is communing with r'hllor or something.
It's pretty shadowed so I think you might be overreacting...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #379
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's pretty shadowed so I think you might be overreacting...
Its possible, but it sure looks like she has light colored eyes. Which would take away from the mystical aspect of her characters appearance. Ill wait and see.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #380
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Amazon is taking pre-orders for Season 1 at $44.99 for the Blu-ray edition, $34.99 for the DVD. It will be released on March 6. Think I'm going to take the plunge on these. Really looking forward to Season 2.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #381
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Amazon is taking pre-orders for Season 1 at $44.99 for the Blu-ray edition, $34.99 for the DVD. It will be released on March 6. Think I'm going to take the plunge on these. Really looking forward to Season 2.
As much as I love them, I've already given the guy entirely too much money.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #382
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

That's what "HBO GO" is for.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #383
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tyrions eyes are supposed to be different colors, but in the show I believe they are not. I always picutred mellisandre more sinister looking. But thats why books are better than movies, you can pciture them exactly how you want to.

Still cant wait for april for season two. 2 months to go.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #384
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #385
Shananahan

Quote:
As much as I love them, I've already given the guy entirely too much money.
This should make it easy to justify downloading them, then.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #386
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
This should make it easy to justify downloading them, then.
No comment.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #387
Shananahan

Hypothetically, I mean. Everybody knows that's impossible.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #388
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Old 02-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #389
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Can't wait. HBO's take on the first series puts this as one of the Top 10 shows of all time IMO.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #390
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

The North Remembers debuts April Fools day!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #391
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I finished book four..

Is it true that book 5 dance with dragons is not in paperback yet?

Also, I thought book 4 sucked, it was all plot and character development, which makes sense because of all the action that went down in book 3. But I have heard book 5 is like book 4, where it pretty much character development and politics type crap, with little else going on. I dont really want spoilers but for those who have read book 5. Is that about right?

Is book 5 any good? I am still going to read it, but I am not going to buy a hardcover book for $35.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #392
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I finished book four..

Is it true that book 5 dance with dragons is not in paperback yet?

Also, I thought book 4 sucked, it was all plot and character development, which makes sense because of all the action that went down in book 3. But I have heard book 5 is like book 4, where it pretty much character development and politics type crap, with little else going on. I dont really want spoilers but for those who have read book 5. Is that about right?

Is book 5 any good? I am still going to read it, but I am not going to buy a hardcover book for $35.
It is true that it's not in paperback yet.

It's also not as fast paced as book 3.... but what is? Book 5 has a lot of snoozers (most of Dany's chapters are /wrist worthy) but a lot of really cool stuff happens too. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I liked AFFC too thanks to all the Lannister character development.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #393
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Let me put it like this. The first half of Book 5 is a lot like Book 4 in that it deals with a lot of politics and several major characters whose storylines are picked up from where they left off in Book 3. The second half of Book 5 is somewhat more "action oriented" in that some of the storylines in Book 4 and the first half of 5 start to converge, but a lot of these things leave us with cliffhangers (which I won't spoil here).

Given your preferences, I'd either wait for the paperback or get the hard cover on amazon.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #394
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

dang, I was hoping I heard wrong on the paperback thing. Maybe I can borrow one from a friend...

Ok, 5 sounds good. I should also rephrase my pervious statement. Book 4 didnt suck, per say. It sucked in comparison to the other 3 books.

I still liked 4 and it had some good parts, but to me it dragged when it got into the politics stuff. I enjoyed the character development of all the people in the book, but after a while it didnt really seem to be moving forward, just a rinse and repeat cycle of this, then doing that, then this is the outcome. The hiring, and firing of people, and the spies here and there and how to eliminate them- while needed, seems like it developed, then developed again, and again and again. IMO- it was a bit too much. Obviously, who doesnt like the action, but I am not after only action.--I think my above post didnt really get that point across very well. I still read through the book quickly, and cant wait for 5. My goal is to be done with 5 and waiting for 6 before season 2 comes out on tv.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #395
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

2 was the worst for me...

By a LARGE margin
Old 02-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #396
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

also as rev knows cuz we've talked about it before. I am really excited for the denaryus part. Despite what was just said. She is one of my favs, so is bran. They werent in 4 so im excited to pick up on their stories.

Daeryus is so hot in the show. I know we all know this but I had to say it again. So is her little helper girl.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #397
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I think the biggest issue some people had with book 5 is that they expected more of the storylines to converge and resolve. Some of them do, but for every one that does, two or three new storylines emerge. After you're done with Book 5, you'll wonder how he can possibly finish this thing in just two (or even three) more books.

I have a theory about how things are going to develop, but I'm keeping it to myself.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #398
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I think the biggest issue some people had with book 5 is that they expected more of the storylines to converge and resolve. Some of them do, but for every one that does, two or three new storylines emerge. After you're done with Book 5, you'll wonder how he can possibly finish this thing in just two (or even three) more books.

I have a theory about how things are going to develop, but I'm keeping it to myself.
Check reps
Old 02-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #399
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I really wonder if they are going to work in the tower of joy somehow.
Right now someone who has just watched the show and not read the books has no idea that John's parentage is in question. Im really curious as to how they will work that in, as Im certain it will play a large part in the last two books.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #400
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I gave up after book 3. We have all of them. I love complex stories with multiple POV's...but a character I like dies in every damn book.

At some point its like dude...someone has to be the f'ing protagonist and make it through this cluster****.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote