The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #26
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Boob havent you figured it oht yet, your the kiss of death. Poor Albert.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #27
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

That link is a one-year snapshot from a source of armchair football scouts. Which player has garnered the individual accolades for career excellence?

Ryan Clady
1 time first-team All-Pro
1 time second-team All-Pro
2 time Pro Bowler

Branden Albert
0 first-team or second-team All-Pro selections
0 Pro Bowl selections
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #28
pricejj
jungle

Beadles was rated as a 4th round prospect coming out of college.

Ben Hamilton was a better prospect 11 years ago, and was picked in the 4th round. He also had the benefit of playing right next to Tom Nalen.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #29
Drunken.Broncoholic

what happened this year? a change of QB happened..Cutler got rid of the ball within seconds after the start of the play...Tebow holds onto the ball longer than most QBs in the league..when the window of opportunity to throw passes you by, sacks are given up. holding onto the ball longer means more penalties too. i dont think Clady's production has dropped much at all considering his injury. how many sacks did the Oline give up in the first 5 games with Orton compared to the first 5 with Tebow? Orton couldnt scramble away from a low flying Turd but had less sacks.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #30
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

PFF takes into account things like quarterbacks holding the ball too long.

Clady just sucks.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #31
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

At least Broncos win games when the make playoffs, superbowls etc, Chiefs just pathetic chokers regardless of who is at LT. Hell they had Willie ****in Roaf and couldn't win. I doubt Albert gonna change the fact the Kansas city Fairies are bottom dwellers even when they win the division. Even a turd floats to the top every once in awhile.

Kansas city basically rented Montana for a couple yrs a decade or so ago and made a small run....thats it since Len ****ing Dawson! Is he even still alive? On inside the NFL he picked the Chiefs to win the Superbowl 12 ****ing times! someone should have killed him just for that. He's as big a joke now as the whole flippin team. Chiefs will finish last in the division next yr. Charles will never be the same just as most ACL rbs find out. We used to argue who is slightly less crappy, Orton or Cassel, now you have them both at the same time. Remember KC only one turd can float to the top per yr. Pick ur turd and take a bite ladies......it's Kansas City Football and were looking to go 6-10 and beat the Broncos 1 time!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #32
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The problem is he has no help at guard. If you are going to have a finesse LT, you should pair him IMO with a big strong LG. That ain't Beadles IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos look at some oline this offseason, but they probably feel these guys are young and just need to be coached up a bit more.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #33
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Ryan Clady had a pretty good year facing some incredible pass rushers and playing next to the worst guard in the league. If he could play next to a good guard like Branden Albert he would rate way better. I don't think anyone really gets how terrible Zane Beadles is. BTW the same site that rated Clady rates Beadles as the worst starting lineman in the league.
Yet the local media thinks Zane is much improved. Wonder who is correct.

Considering he played all spots on the OL last year except OC. Just maybe he will show even more improvement next year with a full year under his belt.

As for clady IIRC at one point was tied for the most holding calls of any OL guy in the league. a few on running plays

Not so sure he is all that.

The year before I gave him a pass because of the knee. Hoping they do not give him a monster contract to keep him around.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #34
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Take the amount of worry I have about Clady and mix it together with the amount of worry I have about facing Branden Albert and you could completely fill a thimble if you added a lot of water with it. What a weak thread premise.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #35
Bronco Yoda

TJ's take>Bobo's take

\end thread
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:14 AM   #36
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #37
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Take the amount of worry I have about Clady...
Just curious why you aren't "worried" about Clady. You think his relatively poor play this past season is related mostly to his injury and/or the lack of talent next to him? I'm not knocking your opinion, just hoping you can make me more optimistic! I'd love to see Clady become what we thought he'd be after his rookie year.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #38
Drunken.Broncoholic

Alberts footwork almost always ends with his legs looking like a pretzel..
Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #39
Drunken.Broncoholic

and ya a QB holding onto the ball 4 to 5 seconds longer than the average NFL QB means 4 to 5 more seconds that a mistake or penalty can happen..
Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #40
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Just curious why you aren't "worried" about Clady. You think his relatively poor play this past season is related mostly to his injury and/or the lack of talent next to him? I'm not knocking your opinion, just hoping you can make me more optimistic! I'd love to see Clady become what we thought he'd be after his rookie year.

Come on Tony... isn't it obvious why Taco isn't worried about Ryan Clady

This guy was one of the best College Left tackles to ever play the game!

There were left tackles in the pro’s that watched him play and completely change their game to be just like him!

You can’t really watch the way he plays… he breaks the Left Tackle mold… results is all that matters.

And yes.. this post was brought to you full of sarcasm and of course it had to be delivered by a BSU fan to really emphasize the sarcasm.
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #41
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
and ya a QB holding onto the ball 4 to 5 seconds longer than the average NFL QB means 4 to 5 more seconds that a mistake or penalty can happen..
so Tebow does extend plays and that is bad?

Have to wonder why the other OL guys are not flagged regularly like clady is?

Probably why clady gets the big bucks..

Tebow will get better, but loads of those holds that I saw, were not because he was taking longer, they were because his guy beat him off the snap..

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

"There is an ass for ever saddle", is clady worth spending tons of money on to keep if he does not work well in this scheme?

Or is it time to move on or trade him? But IIRC he is an UFA in march..

If so Franchise him and then trade him? Get something of value for him or just let him walk or try to sign him to an incentive based contract..

Now I realize he was a pro bowler but Pro bolwer should not get beat like rented mules..
Old 02-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #42
Drunken.Broncoholic

it was only a bad thing when he was holding on too long when he shouldnt have..But you are right alot of those plays resulted in moving the chains or TD..its kind of a good thing bad thing effect..

i would not give up on him yet. to get great LT's you need to use high draft picks on. there would be alot of interest in him from other teams, but i saw more mistakes from Franklin than Clady...ive never played the tackle position, but i wonder if a left or right handed QB makes a difference to these guys? puts Franklin at blindside whens hes not really a blindside.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #43
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

Because he was doing the job of two men out there. Beadles was terrible this year. Under the circumstances, Clady actually did very well. If we get Clady even somewhat decent help on the inside, he'll be able to focus on his job, instead of focusing on his job AND the job of the guy on the inside.

There's a reason why Clady's peers have selected him to go to the probowl again this year (even as an alternate), despite the early struggles he had this season (mostly penalties do. Anyone who was paying attention will tell you that as Beadles progressed in the season, so did Clady's play. If we get someone on the inside that Clady can trust, and he'll be back to form.

Whatever people want to say about Clady, he is only the fifth offensive lineman in NFL history to start every game and make at least two Pro Bowls during his first four seasons.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #44
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBluTurf View Post
Come on Tony... isn't it obvious why Taco isn't worried about Ryan Clady

This guy was one of the best College Left tackles to ever play the game!

There were left tackles in the pro’s that watched him play and completely change their game to be just like him!

You can’t really watch the way he plays… he breaks the Left Tackle mold… results is all that matters.

And yes.. this post was brought to you full of sarcasm and of course it had to be delivered by a BSU fan to really emphasize the sarcasm.

As far as I'm concerned, Ryan Clady was hatched in the Denver Broncos locker room after Gary Zimmerman sat on a very large egg for a very long time... Be gone with your faux-Broncos talk!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #45
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Clady's play of late has been a disappointment, so it is important he regain his form. As for Albert, I couldn't care less about a player who plays on a crap franchise like the Chiefs who have done little in the playoffs in years, much less sniffed a Super Bowl.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #46
BoiseBluTurf
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, Ryan Clady was hatched in the Denver Broncos locker room after Gary Zimmerman sat on a very large egg for a very long time... Be gone with your faux-Broncos talk!
Ummm I seem to remember being jacked at the thought of getting Iupati on the same line with that same Boise State Bronco... Don't let hate blind you my Vandal friend
BoiseBluTurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Neat thread.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #48
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Because he was doing the job of two men out there. Beadles was terrible this year. Under the circumstances, Clady actually did very well.
How interesting it is, then, that Clady was in the bottom 10 at his position, and so was Beadles.

Was Beadles also responsible for the 12 penalties Clady was flagged for, the 2nd most in the league?

PFF had Beadles and Clady giving up the same number of pressures, FYI (32). That means Clady got flat beat by the guy he was supposed to block at an extremely high rate. Are you going to tell me Beadles was responsible for an OLB or DE, now?

Clady sucks.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #49
Drunken.Broncoholic

I'd rather have a player suck at one position than all players sucking on the entire offense, like the chiefs...you can sling all the crooked arrows you want in here, fact is the chiefs ranked dead last in the division..i dont want to hear "it was only a one game difference" either, cause that just magnifies the fact they cant rise to the occasion..

Are chiefs fans this mentally challenged on this page? at least on Fox Sports the chiefs fans realize that Albert is a joke..
Old 02-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #50
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I'd rather have a player suck at one position than all players sucking on the entire offense, like the chiefs...you can sling all the crooked arrows you want in here, fact is the chiefs ranked dead last in the division..i dont want to hear "it was only a one game difference" either, cause that just magnifies the fact they cant rise to the occasion..

Are chiefs fans this mentally challenged on this page? at least on Fox Sports the chiefs fans realize that Albert is a joke..
Actually with a decent coach the chefs will be a good to great team they have loads of talent.. They have been sucking on the top ten draft teat for going on a decade..

I'm hoping that Crennel is not that HC, I know he is a defensive genious lets hope they do nothing with the OC side..