The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #926
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 12,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Come on Ded. Cam's much smarter and more disciplined than Tebow AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!
I know. Cam is beyond reproach when it comes to character. Not an ounce of Flava in that guy.

I was referring more, however to the mass of "experts" (who Tony loves to knob) being so utterly wrong about Russell. However those same pundits are 100% for sure correct if they say question Tebow.


3....2.....1.....
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #927
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
oh, I thought this was about Cam.
We know. You are an idiot that can't read...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #928
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I know. Cam is beyond reproach when it comes to character. Not an ounce of Flava in that guy..
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...-qb-camer.html

Quote:
Newton allegedly stole a Dell laptop from a UF student’s dorm room and then threw it out of the window when University Police Department officers visited Newton’s dorm today, according to the UPD arrest report. Newton was booked at 2:25 p.m. after the alleged buglary was reported on Oct. 16, according to the report.
He threw it out the window. Now that's NFL-caliber 'out of the box' thinking right there.

Of course we've all heard that College windows open wider than NFL windows. So there' some adjustment needed. But overall, Safari Cam is a virtual lock for the hall.

Quote:
Police found out via the university’s computer network that someone had logged onto the student-friendly Gatorlink system with the laptop under the identification "cnewton," according to the report. Newton, 19, signed a waiver form Friday allowing the police to view his Dell computer, which appeared to have been painted black and had the spelling "Cam Newton" in white painted letters on the lid, according to the report.
Every GM in the league would be a fool for not signing this guy today. Obvious Peyton Manning level smarts.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 02-13-2012 at 01:58 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #929
BroncoBuff
**************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,196

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He's hardly the only person who had that opinion of Russell. He had a great arm.
Exactly. Junior's not out on the road interviewing these guys, giving them Rohrshack personality tests. He grades film, and Russell's arm definitely is/was other-worldly off-the-charts, better than Elway's. I think even equal to Randall Cunningham and Jeff George.

And there's the rub. The three strongest arms I've ever seen ... and not a brain between them.


I will laugh that the Raiders wasted their #1 overall choice though
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #930
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The thread is good to reread now that we saw Tebow had about zero value in a trade.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #931
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama
Posts: 8,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Dang, is Jizz still banned? It's been what, 4-6 months?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #932
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Tim Tebow is a better QB than Cam Newton.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #933
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Tim Tebow is a better QB than Cam Newton.
that's not even funny to joke about.
Newton is world's better than Tebow as a QB.
not the greatest leader, Tebow has him there but that aspect will come with maturity and winning.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #934
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I dunno. I guess I just like winning. Some people think being a quarterback is all about throwing a pretty ball, though.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #935
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
I dunno. I guess I just like winning. Some people think being a quarterback is all about throwing a pretty ball, though.
I want a guy that is good enough to beat out the guy he is fighting with for the starting job, not the other guys sucking so bad he becomes the QB by default.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #936
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I want a guy that is good enough to beat out the guy he is fighting with for the starting job, not the other guys sucking so bad he becomes the QB by default.
That's quite the requirement. Not only did you exclude Tim Tebow with your stupid limitation, congratulations on that by the way, you also managed to throw out Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, etc. etc. etc.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #937
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
I dunno. I guess I just like winning. Some people think being a quarterback is all about throwing a pretty ball, though.
Well, no...but you have to make a good impression on the coaching staff for them to trust you to be the team's leader.....face it, he's not once beaten anyone out of a job in pre-season and the only way he takes over as starter is if the guy in front of him ****s the bed.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #938
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well, no...but you have to make a good impression on the coaching staff for them to trust you to be the team's leader.....face it, he's not once beaten anyone out of a job in pre-season and the only way he takes over as starter is if the guy in front of him ****s the bed.....
How is this even a point? What kind of argument is this?
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #939
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
That's quite the requirement. Not only did you exclude Tim Tebow with your stupid limitation, congratulations on that by the way, you also managed to throw out Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, etc. etc. etc.
Well perhaps that's because Don Majkowski, Drew Bledsoe, and Trent Green got Wally Pipped by those aforementioned potential hall of fame QB's

They lost their jobs because they got injured and their replacements led their teams to greater heights.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #940
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
That's quite the requirement. Not only did you exclude Tim Tebow with your stupid limitation, congratulations on that by the way, you also managed to throw out Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, etc. etc. etc.
Yeah man they didn't lose the starting job again, Tebow can't win the starting job vs Orton or Sanchez.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #941
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Let me get this straight.

The coaching staff refuses to let Tebow start when Orton is clearly a bad QB. Eventually, Tebow starts. Tebow wins games. Tebow wins playoff game. Tebow's not starting earlier is an indictment against the coaching staff, no wait, per this argument it is an indictment against... Tebow? Makes perfect sense.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #942
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
How is this even a point? What kind of argument is this?

He can't win the job by outplaying the other guy...he only gets it when the coach pulls the plug on the incumbent
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #943
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
He can't win the job by outplaying the other guy...he only gets it when the coach pulls the plug on the incumbent
And when Tebow ends up taking a 1-4 team to the playoffs, this remains an indictment against Tebow? I'm sorry, but how do you not see how utterly, 100% ridiculous that thought process is?
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #944
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Let me get this straight.

The coaching staff refuses to let Tebow start when Orton is clearly a bad QB. Eventually, Tebow starts. Tebow wins games. Tebow wins playoff game. Tebow's not starting earlier is an indictment against the coaching staff, no wait, per this argument it is an indictment against... Tebow? Makes perfect sense.
So how come a talent such as he cannot unseat such journeymen like Orton and Sanchez in pre-season and practice? Sure if you want to say the Broncos were blind to his amazing QBing skills...but the Jets too? C'mon man....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #945
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
And when Tebow ends up taking a 1-4 team to the playoffs, this remains an indictment against Tebow? I'm sorry, but how do you not see how utterly, 100% ridiculous that thought process is?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, until TT can get his completion percentage above just 50-55% he's not going to play. However, if he can do this then I think he could have some consistent success. It's on TT to get better at passing and he's had a lot of time to get better.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #946
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
So how come a talent such as he cannot unseat such journeymen like Orton and Sanchez in pre-season and practice? Sure if you want to say the Broncos were blind to his amazing QBing skills...but the Jets too? C'mon man....
I'm just gonna say it. You are a moron if you think Tebow's not beating Orton out of a job is an indictment against Tebow. It was an indictment against the coaching staff, period. It is a failure in talent assessment. Like, say, leaving Joe Mays as the starter for a few years. Does that resonate a little better for you? Or do you think Mays remaining a starter is an indictment against his backups? Fool. As for New York, you can't assume. The situation has yet to unfold beyond Sanchez, who was signed to a new contract, being shoehorned into the starting role.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #947
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
And when Tebow ends up taking a 1-4 team to the playoffs, this remains an indictment against Tebow? I'm sorry, but how do you not see how utterly, 100% ridiculous that thought process is?
A lot of other things happened besides the QB switch....dolphins blowing a 15 point 4th qtr lead and failed to cover an obvious onside kick....Bears losing Jay Cutler and their RB running out of bounds stopping the clock, and then later in OT fumbling the ball....Raiders losing in week 17 when a win would've put them in playoffs instead of us...defense stepping up....return to health of DJ and Elvis to name a few.

But again, the only reason he came off the bench was because the guy before him went 1-4....not because the coaching staff had an epiphany and saw all-world talent
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #948
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
I'm just gonna say it. You are a moron if you think Tebow's not beating Orton out of a job is an indictment against Tebow. It was an indictment against the coaching staff, period. It is a failure in talent assessment. Like, say, leaving Joe Mays as the starter for a few years. Does that resonate a little better for you? Or do you think Mays remaining a starter is an indictment against his backups? Fool. As for New York, you can't assume. The situation has yet to unfold beyond Sanchez, who was signed to a new contract, being shoehorned into the starting role.
The failure in talent assessment came in April of 2010 when McDaniels wasted a 1st round pick on a non throwing **** from UF

So to summarize your argument, the Broncos and Jets have suck ass coaching staffs who don't know a great QB when they see one

Last edited by errand; 11-05-2012 at 09:18 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #949
NUB
Just Crafted
 
NUB's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,554

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
The failure in talent assessment came in April of 2010 when McDaniels wasted a 1st round pick on a non throwing **** from UF
I'm sorry you have an aversion to playoff wins.

We should have stuck with Orton. Of course, with Orton the ship would have sank completely and Peyton Manning never would have dared come to this team. Ahh, what a quandary.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #950
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
I'm sorry you have an aversion to playoff wins.

We should have stuck with Orton. Of course, with Orton the ship would have sank completely and Peyton Manning never would have dared come to this team. Ahh, what a quandary.
Nope, I have an aversion to morons who think Tebow was the sole reason we made playoffs last season.

Orton played himself out of a job....and I appreciate Tebow helping us win a playoff game just as much as I appreciated any back-up QB we've had that did ok like Gus and Gary and Norris...but the bottom line is they were back-ups for a reason
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:55 PM.


Denver Broncos