The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #801
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I have to agree with OABB ( man I fell stupid now ) think Tebow can change , he needs to stop doing the Talk show circuit and start retraining himself , He has been able to get by with marginal skills in College , but he is going to have to work double time on his footwork first and foremost , Do you remember Arturo Gatti ? the boxer ? well he went from Brawler to boxer and revived his career , if he can learn to switch styles , Tebow can learn the proper foot work ...Just a matter of dedication
manny pacquiou too. actually all fine tuned athletes work. I dont know why people think skill is innate. glad you stopped trolling and decided to be spider again. OABB is.probably lurking and very proud of me for saving you right now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #802
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
manny pacquiou too. actually all fine tuned athletes work. I dont know why people think skill is innate. glad you stopped trolling and decided to be spider again. OABB is.probably lurking and very proud of me for saving you right now.
you are still an Idiot
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #803
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
he biatch slaps the taste out of your mouth and you hide behind bullshiat ...... Same ole Rev
He didn't answer my question. I want to know why he WILL improve. Not speculation.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #804
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
he biatch slaps the taste out of your mouth and you hide behind bullshiat ...... Same ole Rev
lol. he never answered the rev...come on!

both therev and I answered him as a sign of respect. we didnt jump on him. we gave him rope.

he never answered. thats how I feel is not an answer.


jesus christ!

Last edited by Butterscotch Stallion; 02-03-2012 at 08:52 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #805
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
He didn't answer my question. I want to know why he WILL improve. Not speculation.
One last time you ****ing ****:

Why do you THINK HE WONT IMPROVE IN THOSE AREAS?

I answered mine... just because you dont know the sport either doesnt mean you need to hide like a b**** (aka errand and TonyR)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #806
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
He didn't answer my question. I want to know why he WILL improve. Not speculation.
wow.














































stunned at this.






you are a weakling. have some balls.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #807
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
lol. he never answered the rev...come on!

both therev and I answered gom as a sign of respect. we didnt jump on him. we gave him rope.

he never answered. thats hiw I feel is not an answer.


jesus christ!
OK, I'm giving you this chance.

How do you KNOW Tebow will, improve? Tell me why he WILL improve? I don't want speculation. I want assurance.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #808
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
OK, I'm giving you this chance.

How do you KNOW Tebow will, improve? Tell me why he WILL improve? I don't want speculation. I want assurance.
Man up douche:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I cover most of it ITT:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread....52#post3480552

But let's go over the cliffs of it:

1. He's NEVER had a full off-season

2. Now he'll not only have that full off-season, but he'll be getting the first team reps

3. His closest physical parallel and former HoF'er: Elway himself has pledged to be working with him (for details there are several articles. More importantly ones where Elway debunks your throwing motion criticism and says they'll be working on footwork to develop the consistency he needs)

4. He'll finally have a real system. Not to criticize what they developed for him on the fly... but it was on the fly. Now they'll have a foundation to build off of and the mental game can be formed instead of a primary focus on athletic reaction.

5. One of, if not THE, best work ethics in the business.

6. It's already shown MASSIVE improvement. Reference an ESPN special in December where they highlighted his footwork improvements. Reference every quote from Elway to Mariucci to Brady and Belichick and the Pat's QB coach, etc

So in summary:

He's already shown huge improvement. Now we get the opportunity to develop and see a lot more of it.

See how that works? A well thought out and reasoned answer to your question! You guys should try it sometime!

Respond like a big boy.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #809
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
OK, I'm giving you this chance.

How do you KNOW Tebow will, improve? Tell me why he WILL improve? I don't want speculation. I want assurance.
am I in a nightmare?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #810
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
One last time you ****ing ****:

Why do you THINK HE WONT IMPROVE IN THOSE AREAS?

I answered mine... just because you dont know the sport either doesnt mean you need to hide like a b**** (aka errand and TonyR)
Why do you THINK HE WILL IMPROVE IN THOSE AREAS?

You and butterscotch's argument is uniquely absurd.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #811
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

is anyone seeing this? Am I real. pinch me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #812
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
1. He's NEVER had a full off-season

2. Now he'll not only have that full off-season, but he'll be getting the first team reps

3. His closest physical parallel and former HoF'er: Elway himself has pledged to be working with him (for details there are several articles. More importantly ones where Elway debunks your throwing motion criticism and says they'll be working on footwork to develop the consistency he needs)

4. He'll finally have a real system. Not to criticize what they developed for him on the fly... but it was on the fly. Now they'll have a foundation to build off of and the mental game can be formed instead of a primary focus on athletic reaction.

5. One of, if not THE, best work ethics in the business.

6. It's already shown MASSIVE improvement. Reference an ESPN special in December where they highlighted his footwork improvements. Reference every quote from Elway to Mariucci to Brady and Belichick and the Pat's QB coach, etc
Devil's Advocate says...

1. Neither did Cam Newton or any other rookie QB.

2. Fair. But he's been working on his throwing mechanics since before the NFL draft. It's fair to be concerned that he's just not going to suddenly get it.

3. Sounds good. But do we know that Elway is a natural teacher or a coach? Tebow's had some pretty good football people work with him over the last few years, right?

4. Probably the strongest of your points. The trick will be his abilities getting to the point where they can work in the system.

5. I'm sure he has a great work ethic. So does most every top tier player in the NFL. You don't succeed at this level without working your ass off.

6. He's improved. But there was also a video out (which I can't seem to find now) that showed how during games he was reverting back to his bad habits. And for every guy making positive comments there's a guy making not as positive comments. You really can't believe what you hear from either side.

So we're right back where we started. You're optimistic. I'm have a little more doubt.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #813
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Man up douche:




Respond like a big boy.
Man up.

Tell me how you KNOW he will improve?

Respond like a big boy.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #814
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
lol. he never answered the rev...come on!

both therev and I answered him as a sign of respect. we didnt jump on him. we gave him rope.

he never answered. thats how I feel is not an answer.


jesus christ!
The hell he didnt .......he owned the rev
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #815
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Why do you THINK HE WILL IMPROVE IN THOSE AREAS?

You and butterscotch's argument is uniquely absurd.
I've posted it multiple times. Are you really THIS stupid?

Here it is again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I cover most of it ITT:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread....52#post3480552

But let's go over the cliffs of it:

1. He's NEVER had a full off-season

2. Now he'll not only have that full off-season, but he'll be getting the first team reps

3. His closest physical parallel and former HoF'er: Elway himself has pledged to be working with him (for details there are several articles. More importantly ones where Elway debunks your throwing motion criticism and says they'll be working on footwork to develop the consistency he needs)

4. He'll finally have a real system. Not to criticize what they developed for him on the fly... but it was on the fly. Now they'll have a foundation to build off of and the mental game can be formed instead of a primary focus on athletic reaction.

5. One of, if not THE, best work ethics in the business.

6. It's already shown MASSIVE improvement. Reference an ESPN special in December where they highlighted his footwork improvements. Reference every quote from Elway to Mariucci to Brady and Belichick and the Pat's QB coach, etc

So in summary:

He's already shown huge improvement. Now we get the opportunity to develop and see a lot more of it.

See how that works? A well thought out and reasoned answer to your question! You guys should try it sometime!

Do the same courtesy I gave you (clearly more than you deserve) and respond to it.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #816
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
is anyone seeing this? Am I real. pinch me.
I don't want speculation.

I want to KNOW that he will improve. And I want you to tell me exactly how he WILL improve. I want complete assurance. Not opinion, I want facts that will show me that he WILL become elite.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #817
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
He didn't answer my question. I want to know why he WILL improve. Not speculation.
I hope he has the desire to improve , But I dont have any solid proof that he will
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #818
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
The hell he didnt .......he owned the rev
where? he flipped the question as a diversion. how did you fall for that? how old are you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #819
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I hope he has the desire to improve , But I dont have any solid proof that he will
I'm exactly the same.

They can't prove it, either.

Its an absurd argument. They want him to succeed, so they can't fathom how he could possibly fail.

It's an illogical argument.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #820
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Devil's Advocate says...

1. Neither did Cam Newton or any other rookie QB.
And Tim compares more than favorably to ALL of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
2. Fair. But he's been working on his throwing mechanics since before the NFL draft. It's fair to be concerned that he's just not going to suddenly get it.
Emphasis was on throwing motion pre-draft to be unveiled at his pro-day. Regardless, watch some UF games and contrast them to the Raiders game and then again to the Pitt playoff game. You'll easily see dramatic AND STEADY improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
3. Sounds good. But do we know that Elway is a natural teacher or a coach? Tebow's had some pretty good football people work with him over the last few years, right?
Fortunately he doesn't have to be and we have actual coaches on staff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
4. Probably the strongest of your points. The trick will be his abilities getting to the point where they can work in the system.
You have to show where they haven't... he's done everything. Hell someone earlier claimed he can't throw quick over the middle to which I replied with a vid of his quick post to Demaryius to win OT vs the Steelers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
5. I'm sure he has a great work ethic. So does most every top tier player in the NFL. You don't succeed at this level without working your ass off.
And among these people, Tebow's work ethic stands head and shoulders above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
6. He's improved. But there was also a video out (which I can't seem to find now) that showed how during games he was reverting back to his bad habits. And for every guy making positive comments there's a guy making not as positive comments. You really can't believe what you hear from either side.
Link to vid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So we're right back where we started. You're optimistic. I'm have a little more doubt.
Was that so ****ing hard to do? Seriously, was it? I actually applaud you for finally stepping up to the plate, vehemently as I disagree at least you had the balls to state your case.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #821
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
where? he flipped the question as a diversion. how did you fall for that? how old are you?
LMAO maybe you need to read a tad bit slower , He flat out answered the revs questions , foot work , throwing motion , and the rev responded with well he will have a full season and a better plan on offense , That doesnt have shiat to do with Tebows Mechanics , What he is asking you 2 geniuses is , What steps are being taken to improve Tebows Mechanics ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #822
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
where? he flipped the question as a diversion. how did you fall for that? how old are you?
Spider's retarded. Just leave him to his own devices.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #823
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,735
Default

Quote:
After 20 minutes of an in-depth and fascinating discussion about the Xs and Os of the Denver Broncos’ offense and Tim Tebow, ESPN analyst and former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer comes to the conclusion that so many people in the media are having a hard time embracing.

“As analysts, we should all be ripped for how we talk about this guy,” said Dilfer, who spent this week working on an intriguing segment on Tebow with fellow analyst/quarterback Steve Young for the network’s “NFL Countdown” show. “One week he’s great, the next week he’s terrible. The next week he’s great again, then he’s awful. There’s no consistency with how we look at him because it’s so hard to explain, and it goes against everything we’re trained to understand about football.”

Of course, much of that is reflective of how Tebow has actually played. From his first game starting this season at Miami, there are times when Tebow looks awful. Then, he wipes the slate clean with five minutes of brilliance. Last Sunday, Tebow played a brilliant game against Pittsburgh on the heels of atrocious outings against Buffalo and Kansas City.

The result is that if you listen to enough analysts (and writers such as yours truly), it’s sometimes hard to get a feel for where the discussion is going. Can Tebow play long-term? Is he good enough to win now? As Denver gets ready to play Saturday night at New England in the second round of the AFC playoffs, the answers to questions like that are all over the place...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...atriots_011212

Read this and maybe you'll start to gain a little more perspective on why there are differing opinions on Tebow. Not everybody is going to agree with you. Get over it.

Last edited by TonyR; 02-03-2012 at 09:07 PM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #824
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Spider's retarded. Just leave him to his own devices.
this coming from the same guy that is getting owned over and over , and if Butterscotch was intellectually honest , he would say the same thing
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #825
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
I'm exactly the same.

They can't prove it, either.

Its an absurd argument. They want him to succeed, so they can't fathom how he could possibly fail.

It's an illogical argument.
what the **** is going on?

you claimed he wont improve and were asked why. you said because I feel that way...we said we thought he would improve and then ACTUALLY GAVE REASONS YOU HALFWIT!!
this isnt a debate about whether he will improve because no one knows.

its a discussion amongst adults where you are aupposed to support your claim.

didnt anyone learn debate? jesus ****ing christ. you guys are getting killed and you dont even know it. if this were moderatef I would be teabagging you right now.

Last edited by Butterscotch Stallion; 02-03-2012 at 09:08 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Denver Broncos