The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #401
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,151

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Dear god you're stupid. Where do you come up with this crap? I never even remotely suggested any such thing. Do I think Newton is "better"? Yes, I do. But to I get there using the ridiculous trail of "logic" you used above? Um, no. But I don't expect much understanding of this from a guy who's laughably stupid enough to think that half the GM's in the league would take Tebow over Newton as you've suggested. What a dope.
What's stupid is that you can't even understand the logic of your own argument.

Sagarin says Carolina is the better team.
Sagarin also says that Denver played better opponents.

Correct?

BTW: Prove that all GMs would take Newton. Derp. You asked a retarded question, and I gave you an answer to highlight how stupid it was.

Last edited by Dedhed; 02-02-2012 at 08:16 AM..
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #402
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
What's stupid is that you can't even understand the logic of your own argument.

Sagarin says Carolina is the better team.
Sagarin also says that Denver played better opponents.
You weren't supposed to look at that part.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #403
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,676

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

So much hatred for Tebow after he took a ****ty team to playoffs.

Wonder..Why Mr.Elway or some folks didn't blast Orton when we were 1-4..
Because he is good from the pocket..hmmmm
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #404
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Tony, one question. Would Kyle Orton have taken this team to the playoffs after starting 1-4?
What the hell does Orton have to do with this discussion? And no, I don't think he would have.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #405
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
What the hell does Orton have to do with this discussion? And no, I don't think he would have.
K, so we brought in a young QB cold off the bench a third of the way into the season and he led a 1-4 team to the playoffs.

Why are you so unhappy? We dutifully watched KO **** the bed for 2 years. I've already seen more electrifying **** in Tebow's 16 games than Kyle's had his whole career. Why pull the plug? And for who?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #406
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
What's stupid is that you can't even understand the logic of your own argument.

Sagarin says Carolina is the better team.
Sagarin also says that Denver played better opponents.

Correct?
Sigh. The Sagarin model rates Carolina slightly higher overall. The Sagarin model rates Denver's schedule as more difficult. What's so difficult to understand here? Like I already pointed out, SOS and W/L are not the only factors in the model.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
BTW: Prove that all GMs would take Newton. Derp. You asked a retarded question, and I gave you an answer to highlight how stupid it was.
I can't prove it. But it's common sense to suggest that most NFL FO's would take Newton over Tebow. Newton was the #1 overall pick in the draft and he outperformed expectations. In his first pro game he went 24/37 422.

Ded, you can like Tebow better. That's fine. But most NFL FO's are smart enough to see that Newton is the better bet right now. It's really not even debatable.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #407
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Why are you so unhappy?
Who's unhappy?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #408
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
K, so we brought in a young QB cold off the bench a third of the way into the season and he led a 1-4 team to the playoffs.

Why are you so unhappy? We watched KO **** the bed for 2 years. I've already seen more electrifying **** in Tebow's 16 games than Kyle's had his whole career. Why pull the plug? And for who?
Tony also used to defend Orton. Now he hates Tebow. He also likes 6-10 Newton better, because he likes winners...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #409
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
What does Manning, or any QB, have to do with what I said?
You really can't figure this out on your own? And I'm the one who's too stupid?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #410
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Who's unhappy?
The guy who wanted to finish out year 3 of the Kyle Orton experiment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #411
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Sigh. The Sagarin model rates Carolina slightly higher overall. The Sagarin model rates Denver's schedule as more difficult. What's so difficult to understand here? Like I already pointed out, SOS and W/L are not the only factors in the model.




I can't prove it. But it's common sense to suggest that most NFL FO's would take Newton over Tebow. Newton was the #1 overall pick in the draft and he outperformed expectations. In his first pro game he went 24/37 422.

Ded, you can like Tebow better. That's fine. But most NFL FO's are smart enough to see that Newton is the better bet right now. It's really not even debatable.
@ this guy thinking he knows what NFL front offices are thinking. I bet they would all take Newton over sixth round pick Tom Brady as well. He was drafted higher!

More wins + harder schedule = worse team. You are an idiot.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #412
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You really can't figure this out on your own? And I'm the one who's too stupid?
Nope. Explain it to me.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #413
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,151

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Sigh. The Sagarin model rates Carolina slightly higher overall. The Sagarin model rates Denver's schedule as more difficult. What's so difficult to understand here?
There's nothing difficult to understand other than the fact that you can't see what it says. Let's say you have a ford escort and a Porsche and you want to race them. Let's say the Escort wins. What would be the explanation?




Quote:
I can't prove it. But it's common sense to suggest that most NFL FO's would take Newton over Tebow. Newton was the #1 overall pick in the draft and he outperformed expectations. In his first pro game he went 24/37 422.

Ded, you can like Tebow better. That's fine. But most NFL FO's are smart enough to see that Newton is the better bet right now. It's really not even debatable.
See, to me, it's common sense that people would like to win more games. Clearly that's not what we're dealing with.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #414
KO5K
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Sagarin has Denver's SOS as 10th and Carolina's as 28th, so you're right about that. But unfortunately your argument loses a little steam when you notice that Sagarin has Carolina ranked higher than Denver...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl11.htm


Wow.

You...

You're an idiot.

Carolina being ranked higher than Denver only reinforces my argument.

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #415
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,151

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post


Wow.

You...

You're an idiot.

Carolina being ranked higher than Denver only reinforces my argument.

Yeah. He just doesn't understand the logic of his own stats.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #416
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post


Wow.

You...

You're an idiot.

Carolina being ranked higher than Denver only reinforces my argument.

No. Cam winning less with a better team proves he's the better QB. Because he throws a lot. When I watch his highlights on ESPN I also see lots of Spiros.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #417
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You really can't figure this out on your own? And I'm the one who's too stupid?
To be fair there's lots of things you can't figure out on your own.

Like apparently to stop looking at "sagarin's models" afters of getting kicked around and laughed at for linking them as gospel.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #418
MortonToMoses
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

You knuckleheads do realize that the Sagarin model doesn't separate out the Orton games from the Tebow games, right? If you compared the two teams after Week 5, I'm guessing that Denver ranks higher than Carolina and their SOS drops below 10th since Cincinnati, Tennessee, and Green Bay get tossed out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #419
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
See, to me, it's common sense that people would like to win more games. Clearly that's not what we're dealing with.
Once again, you can't judge a QB just by W/L. Thus my Peyton Manning example earlier. Go check out his rookie year W/L.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #420
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Tony Rtard at it again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #421
KO5K
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonToMoses View Post
You knuckleheads do realize that the Sagarin model doesn't separate out the Orton games from the Tebow games, right? If you compared the two teams after Week 5, I'm guessing that Denver ranks higher than Carolina and their SOS drops below 10th since Cincinnati, Tennessee, and Green Bay get tossed out.
It wasn't just about the strength of schedule though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #422
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
To be fair there's lots of things you can't figure out on your own.

Like apparently to stop looking at "sagarin's models" afters of getting kicked around and laughed at for linking them as gospel.
Show me where I called Sagarin gospel. All I did was use it to help support somebody's comment that Denver had a better SOS, but that this doesn't by itself somehow make Denver the better team according to the model. What I did do is say that Sagarin is unbiased and includes multiple factors, unlike some people here who are saying Tebow is better than Newton just because the Broncos won more games than the Panthers.

You guys are over reacting. This isn't a criticism of Tebow. It's praise for Newton. The fact that I have 5 of the usual suspects attacking me for making the statement that Newton > Tebow is very telling. What's funny is that outside of Broncos fans and Tebow fans my opinion would easily be the majority opinion, and by a wide margin.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #423
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Harder schedule + more wins = worse team. You argue this as you call others stupid...

You are too stupid for message boards.
This is what your Manning response was to Tonyr. I say team, you say QB. You then cry that I put the w/l record on the QB. You are an idiot.

So, again, why don't you explain what Manning has to do with what I said?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #424
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Once again, you can't judge a QB just by W/L. Thus my Peyton Manning example earlier. Go check out his rookie year W/L.
Just for funsies what CAN you judge a QB by?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #425
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
It wasn't just about the strength of schedule though.
Btw, finally really READ your username and ****in d
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Denver Broncos