The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #76
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
yeah, fight movies are always predictable and way over the top......I always seem to fall for them.

FYI, Nick Nolte is up for an Oscar for his role in this film
I dont mind predictability as carelessness with suspension of disbelief. But i cant get passed that stuff, probably my own problem.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #77
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Anything with Paul Newman. Most great movies before 1965 (I have seen Citizen Kane, The Maltese Falcon, On the Waterfront and a bunch of the Hitchcocks).
As a dude you must see Cool Hand Luke. However my personal fave of Paul's is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. As a chick I get a little hot for The Long Hot Summer which is where he hooked up with his wife to be, Joanne Woodward...a bit corny sometimes, but loved it. Paul Newman is/was so wonderful. Tom Cruise wishes he was that cool, but does not measure up. Though I did enjoy The Color of Money that paired them up, The Hustler was better.

Having said that, there are a lot of Paul Newman movies I still need to see..
Slapshot, The Verdict, The Absence of Malice and probably a few others.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #78
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brncs_fan View Post
I have never seen Deliverance. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing...
it is a good thing ........ That Movie is messed up
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #79
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I havent seen many ......
Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #80
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
As a dude you must see Cool Hand Luke. However my personal fave of Paul's is Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. As a chick I get a little hot for The Long Hot Summer which is where he hooked up with his wife to be, Joanne Woodward...a bit corny sometimes, but loved it. Paul Newman is/was so wonderful. Tom Cruise wishes he was that cool, but does not measure up. Though I did enjoy The Color of Money that paired them up, The Hustler was better.

Having said that, there are a lot of Paul Newman movies I still need to see..
Slapshot, The Verdict, The Absence of Malice and probably a few others.
Saw ButchCATSDK excellent movie. I forgot westerns. I've seen most of the major westerns because of a project I worked on a while back.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #81
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
By and large, I enjoy his popcorn action/sci fi flicks:

I, Robot
I am Legend
Enemy of the State
Independence Day
MIB
I agree with you on the bolded movies. I, Robot was OK, but I Am Legend was the one of the worst movies I've ever seen...
Pick Six is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #82
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Only if you forgive me for loving Journey.

I have to say if there is a classic, critically acclaimed movie I've probably seen it.
Whats wrong with Journey? Steve Perry is awesome
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #83
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Saw ButchCATSDK excellent movie. I forgot westerns. I've seen most of the major westerns because of a project I worked on a while back.
Cool. Any you'd recommend? I am not a huge western fan, but there are a few. I finally got around to all those Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns, but not my favorite, okay, but maybe westerns are not my thing. I still haven't seen the one based on the Seven Samurai, uh, the Magnificent Seven.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #84
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Whats wrong with Journey? Steve Perry is awesome
tee hee...

Old 01-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #85
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Cool. Any you'd recommend? I am not a huge western fan, but there are a few. I finally got around to all those Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns, but not my favorite, okay, but maybe westerns are not my thing. I still haven't seen the one based on the Seven Samurai, uh, the Magnificent Seven.
One good one you might enjoy is Red Sun with Charles Bronson .....
Old 01-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #86
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I never saw Behind the Green Door, but I heard it was a classic.

Seriously, though not really a western, the Yearling is on tv tommorrow. It's a classic, but I can't take the end. (no spoiler alert)
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #87
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

I know i will get heat for this, but haven't seen reservoir dogs. Actually don't care for any Tarantino movies for the over the top acting, blood and violence. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind blood and violence (Blackhawk down, Gladiator)... it just has to be somewhat real.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #88
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
I know i will get heat for this, but haven't seen reservoir dogs. Actually don't care for any Tarantino movies for the over the top acting, blood and violence. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind blood and violence (Blackhawk down, Gladiator)... it just has to be somewhat real.
Oh my gawd, I don't like Tarantino much either. I always thought he was overrated. The only one I will watch more than once strangely is Reservoir Dogs. I walked out the first time from the theater because I was horrified at one point, but eventually saw it all the way through and it is one of the few I think that embodies the spirit of the 50s pulp novels and noir that he "borrows" from so heavily. Then he just gets so full of himself I want to punch him. Also he cannot act and must stop appearing in films, unless it is just so I can watch him die, like Paris Hilton.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #89
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Magnificent Seven is good.. I would watch classics like True Grit, Outlaw Josey Wales.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #90
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
I saw it. It was ok so long as you took it as sort of a morality play exploring loyalties of bad people, including a cop. I would be ok with none of his movies, though.

ps, I liked the Jeff Bridges one a whole lot better. I dialed it up one night when the kid was out, and my wife actually enjoyed it.

I liked Wayne in the Searchers (five stars imo) the first Stagecoach and Hondo, and the John Ford cavalry flicks.

Last edited by bendog; 01-31-2012 at 11:59 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #91
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

For those of you who haven't seen Star Wars....I present you:

Huge fan made film. It's pretty awesome when you realized every 15 seconds of the film was made by a different fan.

Watch it! You wont be disappointed. Funny as hell too!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #92
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Oh my gawd, I don't like Tarantino much either. I always thought he was overrated. The only one I will watch more than once strangely is Reservoir Dogs. I walked out the first time from the theater because I was horrified at one point, but eventually saw it all the way through and it is one of the few I think that embodies the spirit of the 50s pulp novels and noir that he "borrows" from so heavily. Then he just gets so full of himself I want to punch him. Also he cannot act and must stop appearing in films, unless it is just so I can watch him die, like Paris Hilton.
isn't your avator from pulp fiction? I only seen parts of the movie. Here is a movie i will never watch, Kill Bill. Talk about over the top acting and violence.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #93
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
isn't your avator from pulp fiction? I only seen parts of the movie. Here is a movie i will never watch, Kill Bill. Talk about over the top acting and violence.
it is from Pulp Fiction, but I just thought it was funny. I go for the laugh regardless of where it comes from. My last please b**** was wonder woman. I saw Kill Bill because to be honest my ex loved Tarantino and I have a tendancy to cave to the boyfriends. I am kind of a dumbass in that way (and others too I am sure).
Old 01-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #94
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I haven't seen anything made before the 80's. The only movie made before 1980 that I know I have watched is Reefer Madness. There may be others but none that were mentioned in this thread.

This weekend I found out that none of my friends have even heard of Twelve Monkies. It isn't an all time great or anything, but I was surprised to learn that. I like that movie.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #95
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I enjoyed the over the top violence of the Kill Bill movies. That was the point, I thought. Revenge flicks are not going to be bloodless.

After not watching it for over a year, I watched Avatar the other night and kept rolling my eyes every five minutes. Stupid effing movie.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #96
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
I saw it. It was ok so long as you took it as sort of a morality play exploring loyalties of bad people, including a cop. I would be ok with none of his movies, though.

ps, I liked the Jeff Bridges one a whole lot better. I dialed it up one night when the kid was out, and my wife actually enjoyed it.

I liked Wayne in the Searchers (five stars imo) the first Stagecoach and Hondo, and the John Ford cavalry flicks.
really... i actually watched Jeff Bridges version before watching the John Wayne version. I always like movies with good ending and a "feel-good" mood to it.

Here some good movies I want to see:

Casablanca
Spellbound
Miracle on 34th Street
Ivanhoe
Cleopatra
Vertigo
Blade Runner
to kill a mockingbird
Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #97
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Casablanca didn't have Bacall. (-:

I may not have seen Spellbound. Or I may have seen it during the two decades I cannot recall.

I can't do holiday movies unless they're parodies like Natl Lampoon Christmas; Bad Santa ..... Olive the Other Reindeer is by the soutpark guys and drew barrymore does the voice over. Funny and very sweet.

I saw Ivanhoe in black and white when I was like 8 on tv at my grandmother's. Loved it. Cleopatra is epic. I liked blade runner. I hate molly coddling Northen Yankee Bastard Liberals telling us we CAINT LIVE FREE, but Harper Lee is a southern girl and she worked for Capote. Mockingbird is probably the best movie I've ever seen. I called my daughter Little Boo until she started asking why.

btw, the movie Capote is really amazing ... but sad. In Cold Blood ruined the man's life.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #98
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

another movie I really want to watch was El Cid. Heston and Sophia Loren, only seen parts of it when i was younger. The only way to watch some of these movies is rental and I hate going to blockbuster.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #99
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I recall seeing El Cid on color TV and really liking it. You can't beat Heston for movies like that. If I can actually remember anything that far back, it had to be really good. But I think the historical revisionism got in my way because assuming there were good and bad guys back then, the Christians weren't the good-uns.

With Ivanhoe at least there was the good christian knight fighting to save the chastity of the beautiful Jew ... so he could ravish her for himself. lol

Last edited by bendog; 01-31-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Old 01-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #100
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Only if you forgive me for loving Journey.

I have to say if there is a classic, critically acclaimed movie I've probably seen it.
Neil Schon has been moved to one of my top three guitar players. Be very careful on where you go from here. I also think he may be the most underrated player of all time. Now back to movie talk .
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote