The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #276
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Hey genius.. compare the Gators receivers to other college teams.

Fin.

Compare their runners to Alabama and even Auburn when Cam was there.

Fin.

You say the receivers weren't that great as NFL prospects.. but look at the runners.. none of them were even comparable to these receivers as NFL prospects. Except Harvin... who you claim is a runner but was drafted as a receiver from a supposed run first team.. LMAO
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #277
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,231
Default

You really shouldnt be namecalling when you have made perhaps the worst string of posts ive seen in a while and even your own here think your talking out your as*. I mean who cares about their RB's. I only cared about the guy you said wasnt a RB there and that their WR's were great....which they arent except for Harvin.

Go sleep it off.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:20 AM   #278
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah.. that's what I thought.. lol

Thanks for playing. Another person that has no clue what they are talking about.

And yet it's supposedly my fault...

These idiots you claim are your supporters have been just as owned as you in the past. They were just as clueless.

Fascinating how the Gators who are supposedly supposed to be the most talented team around are supposed to be a run first team but have the weakest runners..

Fascinating..

By your logic Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson should be drafted as receivers...

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-31-2012 at 01:28 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:48 AM   #279
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
What is your point?


He played running back in college.


You didn't answer my question….what Florida WR was drafted high?
I wondered why you kept posting as if Harvin was a running back. You thought he was a running back.

Harvin was a receiver for the Gators. And he was drafted high.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #280
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
If Tebow "flunks out" it won't be his fault
Really
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #281
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Love these arguments. Harvin was a runningback because he had some rushing yards (guess Royal and Decker are RBs now). But Hernandez wasn't a receiver because he was a tight end, even though he's lined up wide at times. Or wait, he's a runningback because the Pats had him in the backfield.

What's the point again?

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 01-31-2012 at 07:09 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #282
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I wondered why you kept posting as if Harvin was a running back. You thought he was a running back.

Harvin was a receiver for the Gators. And he was drafted high.
He wasn't a running back in college…

He wasn't a wide receiver in college…

He was a Harvin in college…

Anytime someone rushes the ball nearly 200 times in their college career and averages nearly 10 yards a carry….I'd say that classifies them as a running back.

He was definitely a hybrid...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #283
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
He wasn't a running back in college…

He wasn't a wide receiver in college…

He was a Harvin in college…

Anytime someone rushes the ball nearly 200 times in their college career and averages nearly 10 yards a carry….I'd say that classifies them as a running back.

He was definitely a hybrid...
What is your point again? That Tebow broke SEC PASSING RECORDS throwing to a bunch of scrubs?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #284
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Love these arguments. Harvin was a runningback because he had some rushing yards (guess Royal and Decker are RBs now). But Hernandez wasn't a receiver because he was a tight end, even though he's lined up wide at times. Or wait, he's a runningback because the Pats had him in the backfield.

What's the point again?
No one said he is just a RB but 50 plus carries for a WR is more then most teams number three RBs. Can you name another WR with 50 plus carries in a season?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #285
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No one said he is just a RB but 50 plus carries for a WR is more then most teams number three RBs. Can you name another WR with 50 plus carries in a season?
Why would I bother? What difference does it make? I'm missing a point here somewhere I guess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #286
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No one said he is just a RB but 50 plus carries for a WR is more then most teams number three RBs. Can you name another WR with 50 plus carries in a season?
Harvin had 83 carries one season in college in 12 games. Darren Sproles had 87 carries this year in the NFL in 16 games.

If Harvin didnt have migrane issues the guy would be a big impact player with bigger stats. He had 52 carries this year as well.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:24 AM   #287
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Harvin had 83 carries one season in college in 12 games. Darren Sproles had 87 carries this year in the NFL in 16 games.
Sproles also had 86 catches this year, and had more receiving yards than rushing. So I guess Sproles is a WR now.

Anyway WTF is the point?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #288
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Sproles also had 86 catches this year, and had more receiving yards than rushing. So I guess Sproles is a WR now.

Anyway WTF is the point?
I think it started as an attempt to say Tebow was surrounded by very strong rushing backs at Florida, and it was not because of Tebow that Florida had success.

And so I guess one of the examples of that was that Florida had a WR running the ball a lot. Somehow that was supposed to illustrate that Tebow was surrounded by great running backs.

But Harvin was not a "running back" in any conventional sense. He was listed as WR, lined up as a starting WR. They had him run the ball just like Royal sometimes does, and now Aaron Hernandez often does for the Patriots.

But he was never a workhorse, and his high yards per carry shows he was used on a lot of "big play" opportunities and jet sweeps.

I agree he's a special player, and one of the most gifted running back-type receivers. But for the original point? Whiff.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #289
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

One time the started running Percy between the tackles like Tebow does, and Harvin came out and said he wasn't going to do it anymore. The pounding is too much, he said.

It gets pretty vicious in there, up the middle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #290
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think it started as an attempt to say Tebow was surrounded by very strong rushing backs at Florida, and it was not because of Tebow that Florida had success
Ok, so Tebow's success at QB and highest passer rating in SEC history was aided by the fact that his top wideout was really a running back and the rest of his receivers weren't really talented enough for the NFL.

Got it. Moving on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #291
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,231
Default

[QUOTE=BroncoBeavis;3480788]Sproles also had 86 catches this year, and had more receiving yards than rushing. So I guess Sproles is a WR now.

Anyway WTF is the point?[/QUOTE]

Perfect! "Beavis" is lost!!

If you dont know why or what we are talking about, which is the third time you have said that then why are you even replying? Go back and find the point and the statenent that MacGoober made that started this.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #292
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think it started as an attempt to say Tebow was surrounded by very strong rushing backs at Florida, and it was not because of Tebow that Florida had success.

And so I guess one of the examples of that was that Florida had a WR running the ball a lot. Somehow that was supposed to illustrate that Tebow was surrounded by great running backs.

But Harvin was not a "running back" in any conventional sense. He was listed as WR, lined up as a starting WR. They had him run the ball just like Royal sometimes does, and now Aaron Hernandez often does for the Patriots.

But he was never a workhorse, and his high yards per carry shows he was used on a lot of "big play" opportunities and jet sweeps.

I agree he's a special player, and one of the most gifted running back-type receivers. But for the original point? Whiff.

Kinda sorta but not really. It was stated that Harvin played a lot of RB and MacGoober said he never was a RB so a video was posted plus some stats showing he played a lot of RB and now a roster saying he was a RB/WR.

Ill give you everytime that Tebow was an outstanding college QB and he was accurate there. But this isnt college anymore and the players are much beter and now he isnt accurate trying to play a more conventional type of offense. Sure they can keep using him as they are which is a lot like college but he isnt going to last very long being used that way and only being a 46% passer isnt going to cut it either.

As a Charger fan i hope they start him next year.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-31-2012 at 12:26 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #293
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,887

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

wow, this thread's like being drunk. And not in the good way.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #294
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,214
Default

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #295
BroncoBuff
**************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,444

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor
Default

At the very least , we should all be able to agree that, regardless of their relative value as college QBs, Cam Newton was ranked far higher than Tim Tebow on draft boards and unanimously believed the better pro prospect.

That's reality.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #296
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,053

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
At the very least , we should all be able to agree that, regardless of their relative value as college QBs, Cam Newton was ranked far higher than Tim Tebow on draft boards and unanimously believed the better pro prospect.

That's reality.
You know what else is reality. Newton watched Tebow in the playoffs.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #297
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,729

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
At the very least , we should all be able to agree that, regardless of their relative value as college QBs, Cam Newton was ranked far higher than Tim Tebow on draft boards and unanimously believed the better pro prospect.

That's reality.
And performed much better as well, last year...
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #298
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,339

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

All those are true, but cam was also more polished as well. That is why I never understand people arguments here.


Cam was better, was ranked higher, etc etc etc. Yeah, so what. He was polished and expected to do that. That is why he was an unquestioned top 10 pick...


Tebow- NO ONE- repeat NO ONE on EARTH thought tebow was polished and ready to be a top 10 pick. NO ONE expected tebow to come in right away and be good. TIM TEBOW IS THE BIGGEST PROJECT PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!

Yet for some reason, people seem to forget that, I do not know why, and just move straight on to the Cam was ranked higher, and played better.




Well, DUH!



Its like saying my F14 Tomcat is going to out fly and maneuver your prototype plane. Of course it is. One is ready for action right away, there was never questions about it. The other not so much, but nonetheless was thrown into action anyway. It is such a dumb and silly argument.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #299
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Kinda sorta but not really. It was stated that Harvin played a lot of RB and MacGoober said he never was a RB so a video was posted plus some stats showing he played a lot of RB and now a roster saying he was a RB/WR.

Ill give you everytime that Tebow was an outstanding college QB and he was accurate there. But this isnt college anymore and the players are much beter and now he isnt accurate trying to play a more conventional type of offense. Sure they can keep using him as they are which is a lot like college but he isnt going to last very long being used that way and only being a 46% passer isnt going to cut it either.

As a Charger fan i hope they start him next year.
Only a Powder Blue fan could look at this offense and use the word 'conventional'
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #300
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
You know what else is reality. Newton watched Tebow in the playoffs.
Some teams have to play in a division that takes more then 8 games to win it. The team played great and much better under Tebow but lets not act like this team is a world beater or Tebow is right now.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Denver Broncos