The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #226
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
More nonsense... You must be really butt hurt for being exposed as an idiot in this thread. Now you want to claim I am some loon simply because I knew the facts and base my opinion on reality not some crazed Cam Newton delusion based on nothing but hype...

Ironic too because people claim Tebow is the one who is wrongly hyped... just more evidence of how people always get things assbackwards..
I love that you think you exposed me because you posted quotes from Newton and Newton's daddy…

Facts are facts and you can't comprehend that.

Newton WAS suspended from Florida's football team. Meyer doesn't put up with that crap. He moved on…not because of Brantley but because he wasn't wanted.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #227
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ear...t_florida.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...mic-cheating/1

When Cameron Newton left the University of Florida it was assumed the major reason was because of his arrest on charges of stealing a laptop. According to FoxSports.com, Newton also faced a possible expulsion from school due to three separate instances of academic cheating.


CAPTIONBy John Reed, US Presswire
The story reports Newton violated the honor code as a freshman by cheating in class. Then in his sophomore season - after his arrest - he allegedly turned in two separate papers that he did not write.

Newton left school and transferred to Blinn College in Texas before facing Florida's Student Conduct Committee, which could have suspended the quarterback or kicked him out of school.

Asked Sunday night by USA TODAY about possible academic issues involving Newton while he was at Florida, Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs declined comment beyond saying, "Students have academic rights -- I'm sure you're familiar with FERPA -- and it'll be surprising to me if that was violated by anybody."
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #228
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

The notion that Cam Newton left Florida because of John ****ing Brantley is one of the absolute dumbest things ever posted on this site...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #229
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ear...t_florida.html

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...mic-cheating/1

When Cameron Newton left the University of Florida it was assumed the major reason was because of his arrest on charges of stealing a laptop. According to FoxSports.com, Newton also faced a possible expulsion from school due to three separate instances of academic cheating.


CAPTIONBy John Reed, US Presswire
The story reports Newton violated the honor code as a freshman by cheating in class. Then in his sophomore season - after his arrest - he allegedly turned in two separate papers that he did not write.

Newton left school and transferred to Blinn College in Texas before facing Florida's Student Conduct Committee, which could have suspended the quarterback or kicked him out of school.

Asked Sunday night by USA TODAY about possible academic issues involving Newton while he was at Florida, Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs declined comment beyond saying, "Students have academic rights -- I'm sure you're familiar with FERPA -- and it'll be surprising to me if that was violated by anybody."
Goodness, how I wish this guy could be our QB.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #230
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Goodness, how I wish this guy could be our QB.
I get it…he's a dick…but he won two national titles…and has a world of talent…young kids do dumb ****..
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #231
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,354

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I get it…he's a dick…but he won two national titles…and has a world of talent…young kids do dumb ****..
Hey, some of these things apply to Tebow, too!
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #232
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Hey, some of these things apply to Tebow, too!
Can't throw...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #233
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I get it…he's a dick…but he won two national titles…and has a world of talent…young kids do dumb ****..
Actually his daddy hired a service to put Cam in the ideal location.. probably the same in junior college too. He was on a team where a run first QB like Cam would thrive.. why do you think Florida let him go.. because he could not handle a pass first offense like the Gators... he would have gotten killed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #234
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Actually his daddy hired a service to put Cam in the ideal location.. probably the same in junior college too. He was on a team where a run first QB like Cam would thrive.. why do you think Florida let him go.. because he could not handle a pass first offense like the Gators... he would have gotten killed.
Florida let him go because he was a cheater and thief.


PS. Florida was no pass first offense….they were a run first offense….that is what the spread option is based off of.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #235
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Then why did Fox switch Qbs and won far more withy Tebow"

It's because when Orton was QB the run game was terrible.. Orton is a dink and dunk passer.. that kills the run game. Tebow made the run game great which opened the deep passing game. Hence the low completion percentage with better results.
BS....Drew Brees completed over 150 of his passes to his RB's and their run game is just fine. So was ours and Rivers completed 126 of his passes to our RB's. We could go down the list of many teams here. You dont know what your talking about.


Quote:
Tebow's deep passing ability opened the riun game more than Orton.. just the THREAT of Tebow's superior deep passing is more valuable than completion percentage.
Im sorry, ...Tebows what ability did you say here? Your kidding right?



Quote:
You are looking just at surface numbers... you don't understand football. Tebow made the riun game so good.. running is what wins football games..
Clearly you are the one who dont understand football.


Quote:
WTF? Tebow played far more games..
As i noted


Quote:
Tebow made the Broncos the best running team in the NFL overnight.. not just because of his running ability but because of his deep passing ability as well. The simplistic offesne the Broncos ran caused him those turnovers later.. and the fact he had to carry the offense so much. This offense was designed to complement the D too.. Orton's was not.. Orton would have been killed playing the way Tebow did..
More BS. Tebow had 660 rushing yards, Take that away and your still #11 in the NFL. Thats the upper half of the league in case you were confused.
Though his rushing made you #1, you act like you had no run game at all. McGahee had 1200 yards himself. Lance Ball had over 400 and Knowburst even had 179 for a 4.8 ave.
Sorry to tell you, nobody is fearing Tebows deep ball ability.


Quote:
Tebow's passer rating was better than Sam Bradford's.. also doesn't factor in style of play or Tebow's dominant running.. and impact on run game and D...
So? Bradford was hurt a lot this year and has a horrible OL. You trying to tell me Tebow is a better QB than Bradford? You can get they dont want Tebow running that much as he has been. At some point they are going to want him to look to pass first. Thing is he cant throw very well and he is the best option you have right now. The kid wont last 5 seasons playing this way every year.

Elway will bring in compitition in camp next year and if he brings in some decent compition, Tebow may get beat out. Its a passing league now with the rules the way they are. Running the ball is great and you have to do it but when your behind and have to throw, he hasnt shown he can do it very well. Buffalo, KC, Detroit, NE, ...yeah he won some games late but mostly with his legs.
Someone said look at his yards per pass....it was 6.38 for the year. Not very good. He is a tad below Sanchez who is getting ripped for not being a very good QB and his stats are far better than Tebows as a passer. Sure this season he had 18 INT's but he threw the ball 543 times to Tebows 271. He also had 26 TD's.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #236
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?
You're obviously not up to speed on this. No less an authority than AgaBlameJohn has explained over and over and over again how Tebow is better than Cam Newton. The problem is the system ... Newton is in the perfect system for his skills, while Tebow is getting screwed by Bowlen-Ellis-Elway-Fox-McCoy and their system (and presumably WAS getting screwed by Josh McDaniels and his system, though AgaBlameJohn doesn't go into detail on that aspect).

Tebow's one and only problem - the ONLY thing standing between he and Cam Newton - is the system he plays in, and the Tebow haters - Elway and Fox.

NOW do you get it?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #237
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
The notion that Cam Newton left Florida because of John ****ing Brantley is one of the absolute dumbest things ever posted on this site...
Just shows how ignorant and deluded you are. You think Florida would let Cam go because of a laptop or some tests he cheated on? Do you know how many legal problems all the Gators players face constantly? Then you claim other schools were trying to pay him to go there.. yet Florida is supposedly just letting him walk to competition?

Auburn beat Florida and Tebow before Cma was there.. they beat them this last season when Cam was gone...

That team was built perfectly for a run first QB.. Tebow would have been even MORE successful than Cam.. but he would have been LESS prepared a s a passer than he was coming out of Florida.. this is why Florida couldn't use Cam.. because he would have never been able to pass in Florida's offense.. just like he would have been creamed in the Broncos offense just like Orton was while Tebow won with the same team..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #238
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Just shows how ignorant and deluded you are. You think Florida would let Cam go because of a laptop or some tests he cheated on? Do you know how many legal problems all the Gators players face constantly? Then you claim other schools were trying to pay him to go there.. yet Florida is supposedly just letting him walk to competition?

Auburn beat Florida and Tebow before Cma was there.. they beat them this last season when Cam was gone...

That team was built perfectly for a run first QB.. Tebow would have been even MORE successful than Cam.. but he would have been LESS prepared a s a passer than he was coming out of Florida.. this is why Florida couldn't use Cam.. because he would have never been able to pass in Florida's offense.. just like he would have been creamed in the Broncos offense just like Orton was while Tebow won with the same team..
You are a retard.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #239
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Florida let him go because he was a cheater and thief.


PS. Florida was no pass first offense….they were a run first offense….that is what the spread option is based off of.

So why didn't Florida have any decent runners? They got castoffs from other programs.

Why do you think so many of Florida's receivers were top picks and not their runners?

Because quality runners who are NFL prospects don't want to play in Florida's offense. They want to play in a pro style offense.

This is why Tebow was so torn choosing between Florida and Alabama.. he wanted to learn a pro style offense.. to be a conventional QB. If he had gone to Alabama he probably would have blown up later in his college career or in the NFL and no one would be doubting his passing ability so much..

Florida also did not have a very good Oline.. did yous ee how Brantley got beat to heck with Florida's oline?

The deep passing OPENED Florida's run option offense.. just like this season Fox had Tebow passing deep constantly because that allowed McGahee and Tebow to run.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #240
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
So why didn't Florida have any decent runners? They got castoffs from other programs.

Why do you think so many of Florida's receivers were top picks and not their runners?

Because quality runners who are NFL prospects don't want to play in Florida's offense. They want to play in a pro style offense.

This is why Tebow was so torn choosing between Florida and Alabama.. he wanted to learn a pro style offense.. to be a conventional QB. If he had gone to Alabama he probably would have blown up later in his college career or in the NFL and no one would be doubting his passing ability so much..

Florida also did not have a very good Oline.. did yous ee how Brantley got beat to heck with Florida's oline?

The deep passing OPENED Florida's run option offense.. just like this season Fox had Tebow passing deep constantly because that allowed McGahee and Tebow to run.
Percy Harvin averaged nearly 10 yards per carry his entire college career….I'd say that is decent enough…
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #241
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Percy Harvin averaged nearly 10 yards per carry his entire college career….I'd say that is decent enough…
Percy Harvin was not a between the tackles runner like Dyer at Auburn... this and the totally dominant Oline Cam had is what made things so ideal for his limited skillset.

cam was not even the runner Tebow was.. without that oline and run game he would have been killed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #242
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Percy Harvin was not a between the tackles runner like Dyer at Auburn... this and the totally dominant Oline Cam had is what made things so ideal for his limited skillset.

cam was not even the runner Tebow was.. without that oline and run game he would have been killed.
I don't care what you think Harvin was or wasn't…he averaged nearly 10 yards a carry for Florida.

You also said that Florida did nothing but get cast offs from other schools. Here is what Florida recruited during Meyers time:

5 stars:

Harvin
Rainey

4 stars:

Brown
Demps
Williams
Williams
Walker
Moore

Exactly who the hell are you talking about when you say Florida only got cast offs from other schools? I remember one USC running back….Moody I think his name was and that was it…the others were pure blue chip running backs...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:35 PM   #243
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Percy Harvin was not a between the tackles runner like Dyer at Auburn... this and the totally dominant Oline Cam had is what made things so ideal for his limited skillset.

cam was not even the runner Tebow was.. without that oline and run game he would have been killed.
You are right….Newton was better than Tebow running the football.

PS. Florida's offensive line was pretty awesome:

YEAR RD SEL # PLAYER
2011 1 15 Mike Pouncey
2011 2 63 Marcus Gilbert
2011 7 217 Maurice Hurt
2010 1 18 Maurkice Pouncey
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #244
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
You are a retard.

Its ruh-tard.



Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #245
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I don't care what you think Harvin was or wasn't…he averaged nearly 10 yards a carry for Florida.
Yes.. because he played with Tebow who could run between the tackles as a QB you jackwagon.. same reason McGahee looked so great this year next to him.

Quote:
You also said that Florida did nothing but get cast offs from other schools. Here is what Florida recruited during Meyers time:

5 stars:

Harvin
Rainey

4 stars:

Brown
Demps
Williams
Williams
Walker
Moore
How did Florida's runners fare against Alabama?

Where did those guys go in the draft compared to Florida's receivers..

Quote:
Exactly who the hell are you talking about when you say Florida only got cast offs from other schools? I remember one USC running back….Moody I think his name was and that was it…the others were pure blue chip running backs...
Both Rainey and Demps were under sized SEC runners one of them was not taken by FSU and was bitter about it...

And yet you claim Florida is supposed to be a run first team.. yet they don't have SEC caliber between the tackles runners?

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-30-2012 at 11:42 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #246
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post

How did the Broncos runners fare against Alabama?

Why would the Broncos RB's play Alabama?


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #247
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
You are right….Newton was better than Tebow running the football.

PS. Florida's offensive line was pretty awesome:

YEAR RD SEL # PLAYER
2011 1 15 Mike Pouncey
2011 2 63 Marcus Gilbert
2011 7 217 Maurice Hurt
2010 1 18 Maurkice Pouncey
So all the talent only happened to be at Florida when Tebow was there?

Makes sense...

And Cam only looked better running the football because he had runners taking the pressure off him running the ball. When teams focused on stopping Cam the other runners beat them even worse.. complete opposite with Tebow. Teams would take him out of the game and the other runners around Tebow would not punish them.

This is why Tebow has been a better runner in the NFL than cam even with a worse offense around him.

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-30-2012 at 11:49 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #248
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Why would the Broncos RB's play Alabama?


I would play that game if I was you too.. that's all you got left..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #249
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I would play that game if I was you too.. that's all you got left..

What game? I bolded something YOU said. Why would the Broncos play Alabama?


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #250
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
What game? I bolded something YOU said. Why would the Broncos play Alabama?


Wow.. you really are that stupid that I have to explain it to you.. it was a typo...
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 AM.


Denver Broncos