The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #151
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
It's beyond reason.

Seriously, the passing completion has got to be upwards of 60% if the qb posittion is not a liability.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...g/seasontype/2
I remember a Favronaut telling me how much better old zipfly was than Elway based on complete percentage.

I told him I could complete 60% of passes in the NFL if that was the goal. Just depends on what kind of passes you attempt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #152
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'm sitting here talking about QB's comp % in the playoffs and then reg season stats got brought into the convo.
And yet you're talking about Cassel>>>Derp!
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #153
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
Sorry. But, there's a reason as to why these two teams are still playing.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...rterbackRating

Rodgers was surprising. Rapesburger was hurt. Even Flacco was getting it done. It's interesting how Alex Smith didn't have turnovers. That killed NO in that upset.
As I said from the very beginning of this thread you will not find very many winning teams in play-off history when then QB throws for less then 50%. Hell I bet there is only a handful of teams in the history of the game to make it there with the QB with that low of numbers. Tebow is a gamer and he will improve on those numbers I have no doubt in my mind.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #154
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Do people really think Tebow is better than Newton...REALLY?
Yes.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #155
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
And yet you're talking about Cassel>>>Derp!
I brought up Cassel vs Flacco dumbass.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #156
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Yes.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #157
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
People said the same thing when I said Tebow would hands down outplay Orton. Your little emoticon does not scare me.

Newton just had his best year as an NFL player.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #158
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
People said the same thing when I said Tebow would hands down outplay Orton. Your little emoticon does not scare me.

Newton just had his best year as an NFL player.
Most rookies do.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #159
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I remember a Favronaut telling me how much better old zipfly was than Elway based on complete percentage.

I told him I could complete 60% of passes in the NFL if that was the goal. Just depends on what kind of passes you attempt.
Well, in 97 4 starters completed 60% and one was on the worst team in the league.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...97/passing.htm

But in 2011, all playoff starters completed over 60% but for Flacco, Dalton and Tebow, and alex smith who competed 56%. If a qb can't complete 60% in today's NFL he's a liability
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #160
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
People said the same thing when I said Tebow would hands down outplay Orton. Your little emoticon does not scare me.

Newton just had his best year as an NFL player.
Why would the emoticon scare you?
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #161
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
He's a jerk, but a really talented jerk. .
You've just described Ryan Leaf.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #162
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
As I said from the very beginning of this thread you will not find very many winning teams in play-off history when then QB throws for less then 50%. Hell I bet there is only a handful of teams in the history of the game to make it there with the QB with that low of numbers. Tebow is a gamer and he will improve on those numbers I have no doubt in my mind.
I hope you're right, but it's a long climb he's got, and it's not like he is a rookie anymore. He's been in the league two full years, and he shows no grasp of an NFL passing game. At least the idiots have shut up with the "he'll revolutionize the way the position is played in the NFL."
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #163
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Newton is Tebow...only bigger, stronger, faster and can throw a football.


Newton>Tebow
What on Earth makes you think cam is stronger than Tebow? Tebow weighs as much as Cam on a 3 inch shorter frame... I have heard countless tales about how strong Tebow is but nothing about Cam...

If Cam was anywhere near as good as Tebow as an athlete surely we would have seen Cam on the field when he was at Florida like Tebow was used to win their first championship.. but nope... he was in junior college instead...

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-30-2012 at 04:06 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #164
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Why would the emoticon scare you?
I said it doesn't, but you apparently think it's a witty retort. I see it more as a crutch used by the illiterate.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #165
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
You've just described Ryan Leaf.
Cam Newton=Ryan Leaf?
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #166
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
You've just described Ryan Leaf.
I can't hear you. There's an annoying buzzing sound ....
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #167
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
What on Earth makes you think cam is stronger than Tebow? Tebow weighs as muh as Cam on a 3 inch shorter frame... I have heard countless tales about how strong Tebow is but nothing about Cam...

If Cam was anywhere near as good as Tebow as an an athlete surely we would have seen Cam on the field when he was at Florida like Tebow was used to win their first championship.. but nope... he was in junior college instead...
Do you know why he was in junior college?
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #168
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
I hope you're right, but it's a long climb he's got, and it's not like he is a rookie anymore. He's been in the league two full years, and he shows no grasp of an NFL passing game. At least the idiots have shut up with the "he'll revolutionize the way the position is played in the NFL."
He already has revolutionized the NFL considering he made the playoffs in a shortened season and won a playoff game against top D... not being able to grasp the NFL game...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #169
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Most rookies do.
Are you really this dim witted?

Now you're saying that most NFL players don't improve upon their rookie seasons?

There aren't words.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #170
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Do you know why he was in junior college?
Yes.. because John Brantley beat him out as Tebow's backup... so cam had a meltdown and got himself kicked out of school..

His dad said the same in an interview online right before he left school.. said Cam couldn't win the backup job so had to go to short bus school...

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-30-2012 at 04:08 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #171
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Yes.. because John Brantley beat him out as Tebow's backup... so cam had a meltdown and got himself kicked out of school..

His dad said the same in an interview online right before he left school.. said Cam couldn't win the starting job so had to go to short bus school...
I could fill a library with what you don't know about football...


Newton was Tebow's backup, that is a fact.


Newton left because he was not welcome back...after cheating on numerous tests and stealing an expensive laptop and lying about it to police.


But hey, keep telling yourself he was beaten out...


PS. It's funny you get your information from a guy that accepted money for his son's services in college....he must be telling the truth...right?
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #172
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Are you really this dim witted?

Now you're saying that most NFL players don't improve upon their rookie seasons?

There aren't words.
You said he just had his best year in the NFL. Well it was his only year in the NFL to date so that would be correct of all ROOKIES.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #173
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I could fill a library with what you don't know about football...


Newton was Tebow's backup, that is a fact.


Newton left because he was not welcome back...after cheating on numerous tests and stealing an expensive laptop and lying about it to police.


But hey, keep telling yourself he was beaten out...


PS. It's funny you get your information from a guy that accepted money for his son's services in college....he must be telling the truth...right?
WTF would Cam's dad lie to say his son couldn't beat out some scrub white boy in Florida's offense?

You are completely delusional here.. where is the logic in that? Everyone knew all the trouble he was in.. there was absolutely no reason to say he couldn't beat out some scrub behind Tebow so he could go to junior college..

This is why when Cam went o Auburn he wasn't even the starter there going in.. and there was NO expectation about what he would do there that season.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #174
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I could fill a library with what you don't know about football...


Newton was Tebow's backup, that is a fact.


Newton left because he was not welcome back...after cheating on numerous tests and stealing an expensive laptop and lying about it to police.


But hey, keep telling yourself he was beaten out...


PS. It's funny you get your information from a guy that accepted money for his son's services in college....he must be telling the truth...right?
Is it possible that he doesn't know Cam went to Jr College AFTER leaving/being told to get out of Fla?
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #175
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
WTF would Cam's dad lie to say his son couldn't beat out some scrub white boy in Florida's offense?

You are completely delusional here.. where is the logic in that? Everyone knew all the trouble he was in.. there was absolutely no reason to say he couldn't beat out some scrub behind Tebow so he could go to junior college..

This is why when Cam went o Auburn he wasn't even the starter there going in.. and there was NO expectation about what he would do there that season.
Cam was the starter the entire time at Auburn.

You aren't getting it...FLORIDA WASN'T ALLOWING NEWTON TO CONTINUE AT FLORIDA....So he went elsewhere...he didn't want to sit out a year so he played for a small school, then the next year was the #1 recruit in the nation.

Cam went to Auburn because his daddy told him to go there because Auburn paid for him to go.

These are FACTS.

It is ALSO a fact that Newton WAS Tebow's direct backup before leaving school...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Denver Broncos