The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #76
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Newton is bigger and faster but isn't stronger, as athletic or explosive.

Newton throws a prettier ball but lacks the decision making Tim has.

Newton is all about himself while Tim is all about his teammates and leadership and setting a better example through a relentless work ethic.
True...


He is totally full of himself...which is ugly and I hate it.


I would say he's definitely more explosive and more athletic...


Both are damn good football players that could learn from one another...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #77
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Gort's Avatar
 
#MAGA

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 13,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Why don't we just listen to Cam himself, he couldn't have put it any better. Rrrrroooooaaar, he's a lion!

"What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? It ain't going to happen. That's the type of person that I am. I'm that lion. The house that I'm in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. But I'm trying to change that, whether I'm going to have to turn that house into a safari, or I'm just going to have to get out of that house. I'm not saying I'm trying to leave this place. I'm just trying to get everybody on my level."
e·go·tist (eg-tst, g-)
n.
1. A conceited, boastful person.
2. A selfish, self-centered person.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #78
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Don't forget comp %. That's why Ponder is playing in the superbowl already
Do you think Brady would be playing in the SB this weekend if he completed 40% of his passes against the Ravens?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #79
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
In this case..Yes..

Get used to Tebow as he is going to be our QB for another 10-12 years..
I don't hate Tebow you clown. I was one of few posters happy when we drafted him on this board before it got flooded with UF fans. As for you saying he will be here 10-12 years we will see. If Elway doesn't see improvement next year, Tebow will be gone.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #80
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Absolutely, I think the sky's the limit for Cam in the NFL. I think I'd rather him than Andrew Luck.

But I don't understand why it's so hard to conclude he had a lousy game yesterday.

Maybe it's because, if you allow for a minute that a quarterback with a bright future can have horrible stats in a losing game, then maybe Tebow's last postseason game doesn't mean he can't play at this level, either.

Maybe, just maybe, Cam stepped into a good situation offensively, one that was geared to help him succeed, and he made the most of it. Because in an environment yesterday where it was more vanilla NFL, he crapped the bed.
Said it before. Will say it again. Go watch some Cam highlights. 75% consist of guys getting WIDE open in 3-4 wide sets, or stud receiver (aka Steve Smith) making a spectacular grab in traffic.

No reason to think Tebow wouldn't be similarly successful in that same kind of set up. It's where he and Cam excel. And there's no reason to believe that Cam would have anything resembling his passing numbers running 2WR sets with linemen constantly checking in to play TE.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #81
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I don't hate Tebow you clown. I was one of few posters happy when we drafted him on this board before it got flooded with UF fans. As for you saying he will be here 10-12 years we will see. If Elway doesn't see improvement next year, Tebow will be gone.
You don't hate Tebow. You just get upset every time someone makes an argument that favors him, or says anything negative about any other QB.

That sure makes sense...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #82
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Do you think Brady would be playing in the SB this weekend if he completed 40% of his passes against the Ravens?
if those 40% were enough to win the game, then, yeah.

Tebow haters aren't very good at using logic I have noticed.

Tebow completed two passes against the Chiefs and we won. remember? people that care about numbers are people that dont care about applying wisdom to them. Its like how a child thinks.

"but dad, nickels are bigger than dimes."
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #83
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post

I would say he's definitely more explosive and more athletic...
You would say that, however pretty much every measure of explosiveness and athleticism from the combine says otherwise.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #84
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
You should work on passing the second grade...
Not even a second grade teacher would accept that non-answer you gave.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #85
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Not even a second grade teacher would accept that non-answer you gave.
It is a very clear answer.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #86
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
You asked a stupid question that can only be answered in a completely subjective manner. It doesn't deserve answering.
So you can't give an opinion? We don't do that here? And why doesn't it "deserve answering"? Because the most likely answer wouldn't support your argument


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I noticed you didn't answer my simple question about who's won more playoff games. Which, by the way, can be answered with complete objectivity, which makes me think it will have no value to you.
I don't see where you directly asked me a question. But the answer is rhetorical. So unlike my question, to which an opinion can be formed and presented, there is no reason to answer yours.

And what's the value? Is Alex Smith better than Drew Brees because the Niners beat the Saints?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #87
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...Did you not see his performance against the Ravens?

2 INTs, 0 TDs, 230 yards a 57.5 QB rating.

One of the poorer play off QB performances outside of Roethlisberger in the super bowl.

That's worse than Tebow on average without including Tebow's rushing effectiveness.
He still completed over 50% of his passes. I see ZERO wrong with wanting Tebow to improve in this area.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #88
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He still completed over 50% of his passes. I see ZERO wrong with wanting Tebow to improve in this area.
So completion percentage is the only thing that matters? You do realize Tebow has a winning record, right? You do realize that most would say Brady had a bad game, right?
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #89
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He still completed over 50% of his passes. I see ZERO wrong with wanting Tebow to improve in this area.
NOthing is wrong with that. We all want it to improve.

However, it is way down the list of important things. Winning is the most important.

You know that thing that happened once we started Tebow.


Wins, remember those.


Taco said this place wouldn't suck so much once we started winning. Guess he underestimated the hate of morons.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #90
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So you can't give an opinion? We don't do that here? And why doesn't it "deserve answering"? Because the most likely answer wouldn't support your argument
You are a complete half wit. I think at least half of the GMs in the league would take Tebow over Newton. How does that not support my argument.

You'll now make a completely subjective statement and hold it as evidence that my opinion doesn't make sense because your completely subjective opinion is different.

That's why your question doesn't deserve answering, because it's a stupid circular argument.




Quote:
I don't see where you directly asked me a question. But the answer is rhetorical. So unlike my question, to which an opinion can be formed and presented, there is no reason to answer yours.

And what's the value? Is Alex Smith better than Drew Brees because the Niners beat the Saints?
The value is that playoff success is a pretty good measure of progress, and Alex Smith was better on the only day that mattered.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #91
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,045

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
So completion percentage is the only thing that matters?
No no. What the spiral looks like and what each of us projects about what GMs would take Tebow over Newton also matters. Please pay attention. It's the only way to measure a QB.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #92
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
There are measurable figures that prove Tim is dramatically more explosive and athletic.
Define explosive and athletic:

Newton

AYPC:
5.6

Long Run:
49

TD Rushing:
14 (NFL Record)

Tebow:

AYPC:
5.4

Long Run:
32

TD Rushing:
6

From the NFL combine:

Newton Tebow Advantage
40 4.56 4.71 Newton
20 2.6 2.66 Newton
10 1.58 1.55 Tebow
Verticle 35 38.5 Tebow
Broad 10'06" 9'7" Newton
20 Shuffle 4.18 4.17 Tebow
3 Cone 6.92 6.66 Tebow

Slight edge to Tebow on the measurables from the combine...but I'll take Newton's accuracy over Tebow's superior athletic ability.

What QB will have more success in the spread option?

Can't call Tebow "dramatically" more athletic than Newton, that's for sure.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #93
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
There are measurable figures that prove Tim is dramatically more explosive and athletic.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #94
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's a lot of work just to agree with what I said to you.
I don't agree with what you said....please read the whole thing....


The word "slight" and "dramatically more" are different...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #95
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Why don't we just listen to Cam himself, he couldn't have put it any better. Rrrrroooooaaar, he's a lion!

"What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? It ain't going to happen. That's the type of person that I am. I'm that lion. The house that I'm in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. But I'm trying to change that, whether I'm going to have to turn that house into a safari, or I'm just going to have to get out of that house. I'm not saying I'm trying to leave this place. I'm just trying to get everybody on my level."
wow, dude is truly an egomaniac. here's my translation: "It's never my fault when we lose."
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #96
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Pro bowl doesnt mean jack. Besides, tebow freakin sucks. Id take newton anyday. Newton is more athletic and can actually complete half his passes.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #97
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
lol "He had one of the worst games of his career and even said in his post game presser 'I sucked today' but he completed 50% of his passes!"

gtfo buddy
He played bad and if he would have played worse the Pats would have lost. That is the point. You won't find very many winning QB's in playoff history that is completed less then 50% of his passes.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #98
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,887

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
wow, dude is truly an egomaniac. here's my translation: "It's never my fault when we lose."
He's a jerk, but a really talented jerk. And he hasn't raped anyone. Don't think he's got an illegitimate kids he doesn't support either.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #99
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
We should change it to slightly faster and slightly bigger, if that's your interpretation.
It's okay for you to be wrong...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #100
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No, man, this time you don't have a point.

Your point was that Tebow comp % wouldn't have been enough to beat the Ravens, but you referenced a historically bad QB performance to try and do so...
So you don't believe the higher the Comp % increases your odds of winning the game from the QB factor of the game? As you said Brady claimed that was his worse game ever and he still completed about 50% of his passes. Shouldn't we want a QB that says that?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Denver Broncos