The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #51
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
But that's just logic, rationality, and reason speaking.
No, it's just you throwing crap at a wall and seeing if it sticks.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #52
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So you think not entering the draft after Tebow won the heisman hurt his draft status or winning the championship hurt his draft status.
Well, you never know. There are many more factors.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #53
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
You shouldn't because there's no way to prove it. I was interested to see what people thought. I think you're very wrong, and think it would be near unanimous in favor of Newton.
Oh yeah, thanks for playing the guessing game.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #54
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Well, you never know. There are many more factors.
Newton didn't go into the NFL draft needing to change everything about his throwing motion like Tebow. We all know if it wasn't for McD's crazy ass Tebow wouldn't have been drafted in the first round. Newton was the number one over all pick and would have been picked by pretty much every team in the top 10 as well. This gives us a pretty good idea of what FO's think of the two players.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #55
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
This team was 1-4 without Tebow this year. They were 4-14 over the last two years. Tebow starts, we win the division and a playoff game.

Dolt fan conclusion: Tebow is the only thing holding this team back.

Smart.
Orton beat your team this year. Tebow scored 3 points and was awful. Your defense was ranked near last when Orton was the QB.

You gave up over 500 yards to GB, over 400 to Cincinatti and 332 of that to Dalton in his 2nd start. In the loss to Oakland, Orton didnt lose that game. You couldnt run the ball with Knowburst and you fumbled 4 times losing two and Orton went for over 300 while Oakland ran for 200. Then we had almost 500 yards. Then you beat an 0-5 Miami team and then got killed by Detroit giving up nearly 400 yards while Tebow had 4 turnovers. Then your defense went on a good streak.

You scored 209 pts with Tebow as the starting QB and 14 of those came from a defensive TD and a punt return for a 17 point ave for the offense and you got a gift from Marion Barber to win a game where you scored 13 points when they had Caleb Haney at QB.
Please....you should be glad Elway sees it for what it is because your fanbase does not. As i said, im glad he is going to be the #1 QB going into TC. I mean who else you got? Quinn?
Tebowmania is funny in here. When he plays awful and wins, he is a great player, when he plays awful and you lose because your defense didnt play well, Tebow stinks...

To say he is better than Newton is ridiculous and again...i doubt any body would take Tebow over him if givin the choice. Newton is going to be far and away a better QB .....hec he already is.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-30-2012 at 11:47 AM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #56
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I notice you avoided answering the questoin, as did the poster I addressed it to.
Actually, I did answer the question. You should work on passing the second grade before trying to use a medium based on reading.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #57
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Orton beat your team this year. Tebow scored 3 points and was awful. Your defense was ranked near last when Orton was the QB.

You gave up over 500 yards to GB, over 400 to Cincinatti and 332 of that to Dalton in his 2nd start. In the loss to Oakland, Orton didnt lose that game. You couldnt run the ball with Knowburst and you fumbled 4 times losing two and Orton went for over 300 while Oakland ran for 200. Then we had almost 500 yards. Then you beat an 0-5 Miami team and then got killed by Detroit giving up nearly 400 yards while Tebow had 4 turnovers. Then your defense went on a good streak.

You scored 209 pts with Tebow as the starting QB and 14 of those came from a defensive TD and a punt return for a 17 point ave for the offense and you got a gift from Marion Barber to win a game where you scored 13 points when they had Caleb Haney at QB.
Please....you should be glad Elway sees it for what it is because your fanbase does not. As i said, im glad he is going to be the #1 QB going into TC. I mean who else you got? Quinn?
Tebowmania is funny in here. When he plays awful and wins, he is a great player, when he plays awful and you lose because your defense didnt play well, Tebow stinks...

To say he is better than Newton is ridiculous and again...i doubt any body would take Tebow over him if givin the choice. Newton is going to be far and away a better QB .....hec he already is.
4-14 without Tebow. Division champs with Tebow. We get it, you don't understand football.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #58
Jay3

Quote:
Please tell me you wouldnt be excited about Tebow if he had those stats! Hec your excited now and he stinks as a passer.
Absolutely, I think the sky's the limit for Cam in the NFL. I think I'd rather him than Andrew Luck.

But I don't understand why it's so hard to conclude he had a lousy game yesterday.

Maybe it's because, if you allow for a minute that a quarterback with a bright future can have horrible stats in a losing game, then maybe Tebow's last postseason game doesn't mean he can't play at this level, either.

Maybe, just maybe, Cam stepped into a good situation offensively, one that was geared to help him succeed, and he made the most of it. Because in an environment yesterday where it was more vanilla NFL, he crapped the bed.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #59
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Newton is Tebow...only bigger, stronger, faster and can throw a football.

Newton>Tebow
Funny, I don't see any mention of leadership or decision making ability. I am shocked.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #60
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman disagree who won 1 game each as rookies. Peyton had 28 INTs, Aikman had 18. Ben wasnt that great as a rookie but his team was good. I guess you guys like being blinded by your own players. You were by Cutler too,..who is now a pretty decent QB but still a butthead.
Yes, because Tebow took over a great football team, that explains why he won games. Good take.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #61
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I notice you avoided answering the questoin, as did the poster I addressed it to.
You asked a stupid question that can only be answered in a completely subjective manner. It doesn't deserve answering.

I noticed you didn't answer my simple question about who's won more playoff games. Which, by the way, can be answered with complete objectivity, which makes me think it will have no value to you.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #62
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Newton wouldn't have taken this team to the playoffs.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #63
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Tebow scored 3 points and was awful. Your defense was ranked near last when Orton was the QB.
Tebow beat Phillys in your house, and Rivers has a far better supporting cast.

Our defense was handicapped by Orton's 9 TOs in 4.5 games. Not that difficult to figure out genius.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #64
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Tebow > Newton > SAM BRADFORD..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #65
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Why don't we just listen to Cam himself, he couldn't have put it any better. Rrrrroooooaaar, he's a lion!

"What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? It ain't going to happen. That's the type of person that I am. I'm that lion. The house that I'm in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. But I'm trying to change that, whether I'm going to have to turn that house into a safari, or I'm just going to have to get out of that house. I'm not saying I'm trying to leave this place. I'm just trying to get everybody on my level."
cmhargrove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #66
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

They dissed Tim.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #67
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Tebow > Newton > SAM BRADFORD..
Bradford will be a million times better without out Josh all I do is get fired McDaniels calling his plays.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #68
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
I think you're very wrong, and think it would be near unanimous in favor of Newton. But that's just logic, rationality, and reason speaking.
What you mistake for logic, rationality, and reason is, in reality, nothing but unbridled subjectivity and it speaks volumes that you are completely ignorant of the difference.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #69
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Why don't we just listen to Cam himself, he couldn't have put it any better. Rrrrroooooaaar, he's a lion!

"I'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short order.I'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short orderI'm a 'me first' toolbox who will alienate my teammates in short order"
Fixed for those who can't read between the lines.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #70
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Man...I don't know if Cam is better than Tim. All I know is that I forgot the Pro Bowl was even on yesterday. I think had Tim been playing; I would have watched. I'd imagine that's the same for more people.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #71
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Bradford will be a million times better without out Josh all I do is get fired McDaniels calling his plays.
Nope..Bradford sucks...Never a winner..Lost to Tebow..

I will take Tebow and i am glad he is our QB.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #72
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Tebow is better then any QB in the NFL.
Fixed for those who can't read between the lines
Old 01-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #73
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Nope..Bradford sucks...Never a winner..Lost to Tebow..

I will take Tebow and i am glad he is our QB.
You're right lossing to a QB in college means he is the better NFL QB.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #74
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Fixed for those who can't read between the lines
Then any QB what?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #75
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Newton is Tebow...only bigger, stronger, faster and can throw a football.

Newton>Tebow
Newton is bigger and faster but isn't stronger, as athletic or explosive.

Newton throws a prettier ball but lacks the decision making Tim has.

Newton is all about himself while Tim is all about his teammates and leadership and setting a better example through a relentless work ethic.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote