The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #26
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Serious question: how many NFL FO's do you think would take Tebow over Newton if they had the choice?
Only the ones that like winning.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #27
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Who cares! Cam is already a much better QB as a rookie starting out of the gate and will be a good NFL QB in time. Tebow cant even get Elways vote of confidence after his 2nd season.




Sure did...Drew Brees twice, Matt Ryan twice, Aaron Rodgers, Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Stafford....thats 8 games with some pretty good QB's right there.



Orton was a part of your team this year. Im not buying the inside info excuse. Fan speak for "it wasnt Tebows fault". He was awful in that game and finished the year completing under 50% of his passes.


Newton was outplayed by Tebow? I dont think so. Pretty sure nobody would take Tebow over Newton if givin the choice.



Nobody cares about preseason. Newton was a rookie. He had a damn good rookie season so yea he had a lot of turnovers but that isnt unexpected as a rookie. News flash..they usually struggle.

The rules DO make it easier for QB's these days and Tebow again couldnt complete 50% of his passes in a league that had two QB's break a 25 year old yardage record and a 3rd came close.



Killed? Really? Cam Newton is a pretty good runner himself. He just dont run as much as Tebow because he can actually throw. Newton is 248 lbs...which is more than Tebow weighs. The guy who is going to get killed the way they play is Tebow. He didnt even play in 16 games this year and after the last game, they said he was pretty banged up.

Take off the rose colored glasses!!
Of course all of this assumes that leading a team to wins has nothing to do with being the better player.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:22 AM   #28
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Killed? Really? Cam Newton is a pretty good runner himself. He just dont run as much as Tebow because he can actually throw. Newton is 248 lbs...which is more than Tebow weighs. The guy who is going to get killed the way they play is Tebow. He didnt even play in 16 games this year and after the last game, they said he was pretty banged up.

Take off the rose colored glasses!!
Newton runs it about as much as Tebow, in an offense that is not nearly as run-oriented. The Broncos should use Tebow's running ability more like the Panthers use Newton's.

Newton didn't look good yesterday. I don't know why that has to be such a hard truth to swallow. If Tebow threw 9-27 with 3 interceptions in a loss, I would say he did not play well.

And it was against pro bowl defense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #29
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,206
Default

Wow I ask a simple question to macgruber to see how he would react and look at all the panties that got all twisted up

You guys are so predictable
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #30
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Id take Cam Newton over Tebow everyday.
That's because you support a franchise that took Rivers over Brees, and have a retarded notion of what a QB should be.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #31
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Wow I ask a simple question to macgruber to see how he would react and look at all the panties that got all twisted up

You guys are so predictable
Here's a simple question; Who has the most playoff wins?

Tebow
Newton
Orton
Cassel
McCoy
Stafford
Dalton
Bradford
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 AM   #32
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Here's a simple question; Who has the most playoff wins?

Tebow
Newton
Orton
Cassel
McCoy
Stafford
Dalton
Bradford
It is obvious that Tebow has the best team around him. This is proven by the 1-4 start and them being the second worst team in the league last season. QB is the only thing hopding the Broncos back...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #33
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Newton runs it about as much as Tebow, in an offense that is not nearly as run-oriented. The Broncos should use Tebow's running ability more like the Panthers use Newton's.

Newton didn't look good yesterday. I don't know why that has to be such a hard truth to swallow. If Tebow threw 9-27 with 3 interceptions in a loss, I would say he did not play well.

And it was against pro bowl defense.
Well lets take a look with the rose colored glasses off

Carolina rushing rank= #3

Broncos rushing rank= #1

Newton rush att in 16 starts =122

Tebow in 11 starts= 128

Carolina defense rank= 28th

Broncos defense rank=20th

Newton pass attempts=517

Tebow pass attempts=271

Newton pass%= 60%

Tebow =46.5%

Newton QB rating = 84.5

Tebow rating= 72.9

Newton Yards passing= 4,051

Tebow= 1,729



Please tell me you wouldnt be excited about Tebow if he had those stats! Hec your excited now and he stinks as a passer.
Denver runs Tebow more than Newton runs and i keep seeing how posters here say your OL is awful yet you were number one in rushing. The only thing holding your team back is Tebow and as a Charger fan, im glad he will be the #1 going into TC.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #34
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Of course all of this assumes that leading a team to wins has nothing to do with being the better player.
Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman disagree who won 1 game each as rookies. Peyton had 28 INTs, Aikman had 18. Ben wasnt that great as a rookie but his team was good. I guess you guys like being blinded by your own players. You were by Cutler too,..who is now a pretty decent QB but still a butthead.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #35
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman disagree who won 1 game each as rookies. Peyton had 28 INTs, Aikman had 18. Ben wasnt that great as a rookie but his team was good. I guess you guys like being blinded by your own players. You were by Cutler too,..who is now a pretty decent QB but still a butthead.
This team was 1-4 without Tebow this year. They were 4-14 over the last two years. Tebow starts, we win the division and a playoff game.

Dolt fan conclusion: Tebow is the only thing holding this team back.

Smart.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #36
HorseHead
Ring of Famer
 
HorseHead's Avatar
 
Stay thirsty my friends..

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

Newton is "head and shoulders above Tebow"...no he's not..., no knobbin' here. Cam has better touch on intermediate passes, throws a much prettier ball.., but makes some dumb mistakes, as one would expect. Threw a lot of picks this year...

Re the Panthers: changed their logo a bit. Sorry no link, apologies for the stealth hijack.
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #37
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Only the ones that like winning.
I notice you avoided answering the questoin, as did the poster I addressed it to.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #38
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
This team was 1-4 without Tebow this year. They were 4-14 over the last two years. Tebow starts, we win the division and a playoff game.

Dolt fan conclusion: Tebow is the only thing holding this team back.

Smart.
Or it could've been Orton holding the TEAM back
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #39
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBen's Avatar
 
Go Broncos !!

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Not really impressed.................
This is one game I wouldn't mind seeing being cancelled...
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #40
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Serious question: how many NFL FO's do you think would take Tebow over Newton if they had the choice?
Well this is a question that can not really have a correct answer. So I'll say half the teams would take Tebow over Newton.

Now, you go and prove that I'm wrong. I'll wait right here for your proof. But I won't hold my breath.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #41
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!
 
zdoor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Templeton, Ca.
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
Newton is "head and shoulders above Tebow"...no he's not..., no knobbin' here. Cam has better touch on intermediate passes, throws a much prettier ball.., but makes some dumb mistakes, as one would expect. Threw a lot of picks this year...

Re the Panthers: changed their logo a bit. Sorry no link, apologies for the stealth hijack.
This....
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #42
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Well this is a question that can not really have a correct answer. So I'll say half the teams would take Tebow over Newton.

Now, you go and prove that I'm wrong. I'll wait right here for your proof. But I won't hold my breath.
Judging by who was drafted first is proof enough.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #43
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Or it could've been Orton holding the TEAM back
Oh great. Now team "Orton gives us the best chance to win" starts telling us Orton was the real reason the whole team struggled for two years.

Make it stop.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #44
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Judging by who was drafted first is proof enough.
Two different drafts and two different circumstances for both QBs. You can't compare it like that when everything else around it is completely different.

Do you think if Newton entered the draft not being the current Heisman winner and BCS champion in the same year Tebow was drafted, that he would have went #1? I think not.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #45
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

Newton is Tebow...only bigger, stronger, faster and can throw a football.


Newton>Tebow
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #46
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,497

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
Newton is Tebow...only bigger, stronger, faster and can throw a football.


Newton>Tebow
No way is Newton stronger than Tebow.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #47
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Now, you go and prove that I'm wrong. I'll wait right here for your proof. But I won't hold my breath.
You shouldn't because there's no way to prove it. I was interested to see what people thought. I think you're very wrong, and think it would be near unanimous in favor of Newton. But that's just logic, rationality, and reason speaking.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #48
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Two different drafts and two different circumstances for both QBs. You can't compare it like that when everything else around it is completely different.

Do you think if Newton entered the draft not being the current Heisman winner and BCS champion in the same year Tebow was drafted, that he would have went #1? I think not.
So you think not entering the draft after Tebow won the heisman hurt his draft status or winning the championship hurt his draft status.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #49
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

I think Newton would make the spread option pretty unstoppable in the NFL...


Tebow showed it can work in the NFL, even without being able to throw the ball on a consistent basis.


Newton would bring that aspect to the offense and would make it very difficult to stop.


PS. Anyone judging Newton by a Pro Bowl appearance is silly. I saw him play vs. Bears in person and he torched a really good defense for over 400 yards total offense and 3 TD's...


But hey...he played poorly after a week of practice with a bunch of strangers so he sucks...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #50
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Oh great. Now team "Orton gives us the best chance to win" starts telling us Orton was the real reason the whole team struggled for two years.

Make it stop.
Woah there compadre i was never for Orton ever!!

He sucks and there shouldn't be anyone who says he doesn't
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Denver Broncos