The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,299
Default CAM NEWTON

Not really impressed.................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!
 
GreatBronco16's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bama Baby
Posts: 6,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense
Default

1. It's the pro bowl for crying out loud.
2. It's a rookie in there and the real pros are taking it to him.
3. It's the pro bowl for crying out loud.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Terrible. Champ got beat in the pro bowl too. Should be cut ASAP. #didnotwatch
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I dislike the guy, but I was impressed with him in games that mattered this year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,299
Default

But wait he is SUPERMAN . How mamy picks today and how many throughout this year..................a hell of a lot.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I always thought Cam was completely overrated... His offense was more loaded than the Pro Bowl offense.. his line protected him better too.

It was also funny because Cam got a small taste of what it is like to be Tebow because the D was going at him so hard because they were upset by the on-side kicks etc. TT gets that treatment every game because of Tebowmania..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #7
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I always thought Cam was completely overrated... His offense was more loaded than the Pro Bowl offense.. his line protected him better too.

It was also funny because Cam got a small taste of what it is like to be Tebow because the D was going at him so hard because they were upset by the on-side kicks etc. TT gets that treatment every game because of Tebowmania..
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?
Newton and Tebow are much better QB than Sam Bradford..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
KO5K
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Can't say I've watched an awful lot of Newton this year but I'd expect a pro bowl QB to not constantly miss open receivers by 5 yards.

Reminded me a lot of Tebow against the Lions.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?
Agree with this, though he had Tebowesc throwing stats today but who cares. This game didnt get watched by many. Id take Cam Newton over Tebow everyday.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?
Tebow made the playoffs with a team just as bad as Cam's and a worse coach and coaches that did everything to ruin him while Cam's did everything to make things easy for him.

Cam has a loaded offense and Tebow doesn't.. that is the only difference.

But if you watched Cam this season he couldn't even figure out how to win a game until Tebow showed him how... watch Cam after Tebow came in and you see him playing like Tebow.. same numbers too. Even with a much better offense..

What is really hilarious is how similar Cam Newton and Kyle Orotn are... Orton put up numbers like cam last season and couldn't win games to save his life.. just like Cam.. and just like with Cam this season the D and run game got all the blame.

And people said Tebow couldn't outplay Orton and he did.. and they act the same about Tebow with Cam too.. yet he did.. and Orton and Cam "look like QBs" Just like people said Quinn "looked" like a QB over Tebow too.. it's funny how so many can be fooled by looks..

Last edited by MacGruder; 01-29-2012 at 08:23 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,652
Default

Newton looked like complete ****. He routinely missed receivers with overthrows and also a really bad pass way behind Graham cutting across the field. Cam sucked today, and almost all of his horrible passes were with virtually no pressure (it was the Pro Bowl after all).
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #13
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Tebow made the playoffs with a team just as bad as Cam's and a worse coach and coaches that did everything to ruin him while Cam's did everything to make things easy for him.

Cam has a loaded offense and Tebow doesn't.. that is the only difference.

But if you watched Cam this season he couldn't even figure out how to win a game until Tebow showed him how... watch Cam after Tebow came in and you see him playing like Tebow.. same numbers too. Even with a much better offense..
Ignorant post if your trying to say Tebow is the reason they got in the playoffs. Is he really the sole reason? Was it his 48% completion rate that did it? I think the defense had a lot to do with it too. Carolinas defense isnt as good and Newton had a much better season than Tebow did and plays in a tougher division that has two real good teams in it.
C-mon bro, Tebow lost a game to the guy he replaced and he was awful doing it. Seems your the one fooled by looks and it is the look of the uniform that is fooling you. Cutler was god til he got traded.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-29-2012 at 08:27 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer
 
Missouribronc's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Basing an opinion of a player off the Pro Bowl is stupid.

Guessing OP is trying to find a stupid reason to say Tebow is better than Newton and that's obviously a dumb statement.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Ignorant post if your trying to say Tebow is the reason they got in the playoffs. I think the defense had a lot to do with it too. Carolinas defense isnt as good and Newton had a much better season than Tebow did
Tebow had the Panthers coach who Steve Smith said made their offense so terrible.. The Panthers had a good O and Broncos had a good D.. Cam would have been far more screwed than Tebow in the Broncos offense. Tebow was better running the ball than Cam even with far worse offense around him. Tebow won more games than Cam with fewer attempts to get those wins.. Tebow's run game is what made the Broncos d look so good as well.

Quote:
and plays in a tougher division that has two real good teams in it.
C-mon bro, Tebow lost a game to the guy he replaced and he was awful doing it.
Tougher division? Did you see the crap QBs and teams Cam faced? His first win was against Blaine Gabbert in his first start in the rain...

And Orton looked better on KC than he did on the Broncos.. so what does that tell you? Either Fox is a terrible coach or the Cheifs are a better team. Kyle also had all the inside info on the rookie Tebow and the Broncos schemes.. just like the Pats who also beat the Tebow with McD..

How can you make excuses for the number one pick getting outplayed by Tebow with a team that was just as bad and a worse coach?

Put Tebow or Orton on the Panthers they would have pit[played him.. any Qbs would have.. yes Cam put up a lot of numbers.. well not in preseason he didn't.. he was god awful. But with his numbers he also put up a ton of turnovers.. just like in today's game. Why is it people just ignore all those turnovers? I guess because Cam looks pretty doing it.. just like Orton..

Cam would have gotten KILLED behind the Broncos line.. look at the Panthers line.. I watched them all season.. they were unbelievable.. Panthers coach said the same thing.. He had the same thing in college.. best Oline in all of college football. Totally dominant.. great run game too both places..
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #17
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Tebow had the Panthers coach who Steve Smith said made their offense so terrible.. The Panthers had a good O and Broncos had a good D.. Cam would have been far more screwed than Tebow in the Broncos offense. Tebow was better running the ball than Cam even with far worse offense around him. Tebow won more games than Cam with fewer attempts to get those wins.. Tebow's run game is what made the Broncos d look so good as well.
Who cares! Cam is already a much better QB as a rookie starting out of the gate and will be a good NFL QB in time. Tebow cant even get Elways vote of confidence after his 2nd season.


Quote:
Tougher division? Did you see the crap QBs and teams Cam faced? His first win was against Blaine Gabbert in his first start in the rain...
Sure did...Drew Brees twice, Matt Ryan twice, Aaron Rodgers, Cutler, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Stafford....thats 8 games with some pretty good QB's right there.

Quote:
And Orton looked better on KC than he did on the Broncos.. so what does that tell you? Either Fox is a terrible coach or the Cheifs are a better team. Kyle also had all the inside info on the rookie Tebow and the Broncos schemes.. just like the Pats who also beat the Tebow with McD..
Orton was a part of your team this year. Im not buying the inside info excuse. Fan speak for "it wasnt Tebows fault". He was awful in that game and finished the year completing under 50% of his passes.
Quote:
How can you make excuses for the number one pick getting outplayed by Tebow with a team that was just as bad and a worse coach?
Newton was outplayed by Tebow? I dont think so. Pretty sure nobody would take Tebow over Newton if givin the choice.

Quote:
Put Tebow or Orton on the Panthers they would have pit[played him.. any Qbs would have.. yes Cam put up a lot of numbers.. well not in preseason he didn't.. he was god awful. But with his numbers he also put up a ton of turnovers.. just like in today's game. Why is it people just ignore all those turnovers? I guess because Cam looks pretty doing it.. just like Orton..
Nobody cares about preseason. Newton was a rookie. He had a damn good rookie season so yea he had a lot of turnovers but that isnt unexpected as a rookie. News flash..they usually struggle.

The rules DO make it easier for QB's these days and Tebow again couldnt complete 50% of his passes in a league that had two QB's break a 25 year old yardage record and a 3rd came close.

Quote:
Cam would have gotten KILLED behind the Broncos line.. look at the Panthers line.. I watched them all season.. they were unbelievable.. Panthers coach said the same thing.. He had the same thing in college.. best Oline in all of college football. Totally dominant.. great run game too both places..
Killed? Really? Cam Newton is a pretty good runner himself. He just dont run as much as Tebow because he can actually throw. Newton is 248 lbs...which is more than Tebow weighs. The guy who is going to get killed the way they play is Tebow. He didnt even play in 16 games this year and after the last game, they said he was pretty banged up.

Take off the rose colored glasses!!

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-29-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,554
Default

...

J.E.J.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #19
campocorto
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Cam Newton is arguably the greatest rookie QB in the NFL history!

The performance below was just simply amazing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...ers-highlights
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #20
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?
we are sorry Tebow beat the pooners... just get over it already.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #21
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,846

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Sucks to be Matt Safford.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #22
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
Basing an opinion of a player off the Pro Bowl is stupid.

Guessing OP is trying to find a stupid reason to say Tebow is better than Newton and that's obviously a dumb statement.
No I wasn't basing it off today only. Same **** throughout the year.
Lots of picks. Never mentioned TT. Your the one putting words in people's mouth but I already knew your an idiot. So what should I expect. lol
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:41 AM   #23
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,353
Default

Cam Newton ... Big arm , butter head.

Throws a pretty deep ball I'll give him that but has a brain of cardboard box.

Be sure you hide your laptops.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #24
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,224

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Newton is completely overrated huh? At this point he's head and shoulders above your boy Tebow so what does that make Tebow? The most completely overrated QB?
Based on what is he "head and Shoulders" above Tebow? Number of INTs?

Tell us again how Von would be a terrible pick.

Your takes are always special (ed).
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #25
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Based on what is he "head and Shoulders" above Tebow?
Serious question: how many NFL FO's do you think would take Tebow over Newton if they had the choice?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Denver Broncos