The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Season Ending Podcast - Episode 19

Final Show of the Season
(right click - Save as)

Download the final show of the 2011 season. We break down the game, and discuss where the Broncos go from here. Great episode with lots of good discussion and insights on what happens next.
Taco John is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
EzBronco715
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks for all the time put into these this season fellas
Really enjoyed them
 
Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,333
Default

Yea guys I really enjoy the PC ... Cool addition to the OM and I hope you continue them next year.
TDmvp is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,476
Default

Thanks. I now have I never want to dance again stuck in my head.

a-holes.

Archer81 is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #5
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Solipsism
Posts: 2,896

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default

Bang up job. The analysis has been consistently been thorough, and the production value goes up with each broadcast. (Taco, it's so apparent how much more comfortable you miked up!) As I've said, I learn from these podcasts. Smitten to see some people without egos give some hard-won insights.

I hope we have some key off-season podcasts!
Pseudofool is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #6
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,809

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Oh, I expect a FA podcast and a Draft one too :-)!
UberBroncoMan is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #7
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Oh, I expect a FA podcast and a Draft one too :-)!


At least a pre and post draft PC....
TDmvp is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Right clicked, downloaded, and will listen in my car on the drive home tonight. Looking forward to it, thanks for making the drivetime a little more bearable, fellas!
BowlenBall is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Way too much time spent discussing backup QB's. It doesn't matter. If Tebow fails or gets hurt next year, whoever his backup is isn't going achieve jack ****. Pointless discussion.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #10
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Way too much time spent discussing backup QB's. It doesn't matter. If Tebow fails or gets hurt next year, whoever his backup is isn't going achieve jack ****. Pointless discussion.
I think people who think that the back-up QB conversation is a pointless discussion are whistling in the dark. What happens there will determine the clear direction of this organization.
Taco John is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #11
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think people who think that the back-up QB conversation is a pointless discussion are whistling in the dark. What happens there will determine the clear direction of this organization.
How so? Backup QB just doesn't really matter that much in the NFL, especially when your overall roster is so talent-deficient. If Tebow falls on his face or goes down due to injury, we aren't going to win any games because the guy backing him up will almost certainly be worse than Orton (the guy who couldn't win on this team to save his life). I just don't see why it matters.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:51 AM   #12
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
How so? Backup QB just doesn't really matter that much in the NFL, especially when your overall roster is so talent-deficient. If Tebow falls on his face or goes down due to injury, we aren't going to win any games because the guy backing him up will almost certainly be worse than Orton (the guy who couldn't win on this team to save his life). I just don't see why it matters.
That's because you're making an assumption about this organization's long term commitment to Tebow that I'm not making.
Taco John is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #13
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
That's because you're making an assumption about this organization's long term commitment to Tebow that I'm not making.
And how does that reflect on the backup discussion? If they replace Tebow, the only way that possibly works out is to go out and get a big time guy in the draft or free agency. They aren't going to replace him with one of the journeymen on the market unless he totally implodes, and if that happens it won't really matter because our season will pretty much be done at that point.

If Tebow succeeds next season, backup QB won't matter just like it doesn't on any other team with an established QB. If he fails then they'll look to replace him in the following draft. Either way, the backup is basically a non-factor.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 04:20 AM   #14
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,809

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
And how does that reflect on the backup discussion? If they replace Tebow, the only way that possibly works out is to go out and get a big time guy in the draft or free agency. They aren't going to replace him with one of the journeymen on the market unless he totally implodes, and if that happens it won't really matter because our season will pretty much be done at that point.

If Tebow succeeds next season, backup QB won't matter just like it doesn't on any other team with an established QB. If he fails then they'll look to replace him in the following draft. Either way, the backup is basically a non-factor.
The only people in FA we could get away with doing that are Peyton Manning (if they let him go) and Drew Brees (same thing).
UberBroncoMan is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Pete Carroll is a douche

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Really disappointed to miss this. I did get to spend some one on one time with my daughter while Mom took care of her stuff, but I even had some notes prepared for this one. Alas...
Kaylore is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Really disappointed to miss this. I did get to spend some one on one time with my daughter while Mom took care of her stuff, but I even had some notes prepared for this one. Alas...
Don't waste your notes. Post them here to discuss!
Steve Prefontaine is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #17
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think people who think that the back-up QB conversation is a pointless discussion are whistling in the dark. What happens there will determine the clear direction of this organization.
I agree with him as I made evidently clear during the show. The priority needs to be strengthening this team and finding a meh guy to sit in the system and be able to execute it enough within the players around him if called upon to do so. A new Bubby, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Really disappointed to miss this. I did get to spend some one on one time with my daughter while Mom took care of her stuff, but I even had some notes prepared for this one. Alas...
Definitely, post them up.
TheReverend is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #18
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,436

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I agree with him as I made evidently clear during the show. The priority needs to be strengthening this team and finding a meh guy to sit in the system and be able to execute it enough within the players around him if called upon to do so. A new Bubby, so to speak.



Definitely, post them up.

Yeah, you, Macgruder and Agamemmnon. Or like I like to call you guys: The Three Muskateers...
Taco John is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #19
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
The only people in FA we could get away with doing that are Peyton Manning (if they let him go) and Drew Brees (same thing).
FLMFAO at the prospect of Mike McCoy calling plays for Drew Brees or Peyton Manning.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #20
Turd_Ferguson
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
FLMFAO at the prospect of Mike McCoy calling plays for Drew Brees or Peyton Manning.
He called plenty of passes for Orton the year they started 6-0, but you refuse to realize its the QB that caused the change in play calls not the OC.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #21
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer
 
Steve Prefontaine's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,402

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
He called plenty of passes for Orton the year they started 6-0, but you refuse to realize its the QB that caused the change in play calls not the OC.
To be fair, the year your referring to was under a different head coach with one strategy....chuck it to Lloyd.
Steve Prefontaine is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #22
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Yeah, you, Macgruder and Agamemmnon. Or like I like to call you guys: The Three Muskateers...


You're just focused on the wrong things. As usual
TheReverend is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #23
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
To be fair, the year your referring to was under a different head coach with one strategy....chuck it to Lloyd.
Lloyd barely played that year
2KBack is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #24
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default

that was more then I needed to know about what men do in their shorts, but uh thanks for sharing...well sharing most of it anyway...
Miss I. is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #25
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,616

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Lloyd barely played that year
While that's true, I think he's also thinking of the wrong season OR just woefully clueless.

Orton only threw 30 or more times twice during the 6-0 start as opposed to 6 times during the 2-8 finish that season and 11 out of 13 times in his 3-10 exhibition last year (the only games shy of 30 attempts or more were 28 and 29 attempts).
TheReverend is offline  
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Denver Broncos