The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #126
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Did u read what Elway said to Paige about Tim!!?? Saying he wasn't going through his reads and throwing the ball against 8 and 9 man fronts! He hates Tim. Wants him to fail. And then had the AUDACITY to say God wants HIM to get better faster. His envy (the Sixth CARDINAL SIN) just oozes throught the interview. I weep.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #127
Broncbow

Tragic that Elway is such a hater he did not afford Tebow the opportunity to develop, the past three losses where wasted, not to mention the entire 10 1/2 week period where Tebow did not get a balanced modern era scheme to contend and develop chemistry, rythm and continuity with.

This is a corps scheme, a counterfiet to this Modern Era's body of work scheme's. How Elwaymania attempted to kill Tebowmania.

Last edited by Broncbow; 01-04-2012 at 08:32 AM..
Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #128
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

It is bow. I mean Elway clearly is biased against White Christians suceeding. You're right. There's a conspiracy. I can see it now.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #129
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

This is getting ridiculous.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #130
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsBronco View Post
And this is why you wanted to stick with Orton? Sad that you can't see how assinine your comments are.
Of course. Because only the rational anti-Teboners know that when you think Kyle Orton, you think 'hoisting lombardis*"

*Disclaimer - Lombardis are what they call double Jack and waters up in the Chicago/Milwaukee area.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #131
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
What I just don't understand is how people are so quick to jump on Tebow when Tebow has been the guy who had the biggest impact on the season.

People consider Orton a decent QB.. and yet Orton could do nothing with this same offense other than put up fluff stats in blowouts...

Yes.. Orton played well on the Chiefs.. but that was because the Chiefs didn't have the weaknesses the Broncos had.. Tebow would outplay Orton on the Chiefs too.

If anyone should be questioned I don't know why it isn't Fox.. and the brain trust.. these are the guys who didn't see the impact Tebow could have. My only hope for the Broncos brain trust is that they were honestly trying to protect Tebow from this weak team like McD was last season and using Orton as the sacrificial lamb.
your mancrush on on Timmy prevents you from seeing the truth. the defense deserves just as much credit for the wins as does coaching.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #132
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Soooooo just to recap:

People who think Tebow is flawless, and think the offense's woes are at the very least all the fault of the team and coaching staff not calling enough pass plays to "let Tebow air it out just like he did for Urban Meyer ZOMG!!!," and at most a conspiracy by the front office to purposely sabotage Tebow because Elway is jealous of the attention he gets are all rational, sound, level-headed "true fans."

People who think Tebow is a poor quarterback and can't beat a defense that stops him from running are liberal, Christian-hating, non-mormon-hating jerk faces who love losing games and want the Broncos to fail at every turn.

Got it.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #133
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Soooooo just to recap:

People who think Tebow is flawless, and think the offense's woes are at the very least all the fault of the team and coaching staff not calling enough pass plays to "let Tebow air it out just like he did for Urban Meyer ZOMG!!!," and at most a conspiracy by the front office to purposely sabotage Tebow because Elway is jealous of the attention he gets are all rational, sound, level-headed "true fans."

People who think Tebow is a poor quarterback and can't beat a defense that stops him from running are liberal, Christian-hating, non-mormon-hating jerk faces who love losing games and want the Broncos to fail at every turn.

Got it.
Yep I think that pretty much sums it up...but are you sure people that think he's a poor QB aren't racist a little bit too? Just some food for thought.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #134
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Soooooo just to recap:

Got it.
What if you are a person that thinks tebow is playing poorly, but has a chance to improve in his 3rd NFL season (2nd as a starter) with his hard work ethic?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #135
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #136
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

See above....
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #137
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
What if you are a person that thinks tebow is playing poorly, but has a chance to improve in his 3rd NFL season (2nd as a starter) with his hard work ethic?
You should know better than to try and find middle ground. You either think Tebow is awesome now, or you are a bigot.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #138
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireOrange View Post
I realize that conversing with you is futile; however, I just want to highlight the stupidity of you gaydorqweefs believing John Elway is rooting against the Broncos. And I love that you Teboners have drawn that line between Elway and Tebow too. That's really going to help you boy out At the end of the day, Bronco fans and Elway will only accept winning and contending for Super Bowls. You can already see it, the boos are already coming out with Tebow's ineptness. Even Elway was raked over the coals after a few super bowl loses, but Tebow can't pass for more than 60 yards and loses at home 7-3 to a division rival in a big game. You already hear calls for Quinn. Hah!, Quinn! God help Tebow should he have another game like the KC game. He's already being traded, but should he put forth a performance like that against Pitt this weekend, the kid going to crushed by the crowd.
Your points in bold.

1. Would you rather lose 7-3 , or like last years Raider game? Its still a loss, against a division rival. but I prefer the 7-3 one. At least there was a chance to win at the end.

2. When did you become the GM, and personnel director? Or are you talking about your FF team?

3. Will you leave when 2 doesn't happen?
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #139
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
See above....
Okay...
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #140
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Soooooo just to recap:

Got it.
Didn't you get the memo ?
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #141
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
All you hair triggers talking about upholding high standards in the first year better apply those high standards consistently.
I cant speak for everyone but I think I am pretty consistent. And Teebs is 2nd year. Lots of 2nd year guys didnt play much their first year. But we dont call them first year players. They practiced with the rest of the team and coaches decided they shouldnt play yet. Some 3rd year guys have the same situation happen to them.

Other "young" guys on this team that I don't think are part of the long term answer and am anxious to find their replacement include Moreno, Larsen, Beadles, Ayers, to name a few. And those are good debates/discussions in each case as other posters in each case (although maybe not Beadles) can and have disagreed. In none of those cases does the conversation devolve into asserting one side just isnt a real Broncos fan or just hates the player (unless jhizz is involved).

In each case I mentioned, I waited to see what they brought to the table and IMO, finding their replacement sooner rather than later is best for the long term prospects on the team. Of course you cant change them all out in 1 off season when you have numerous holes like this team does.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #142
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
You should know better than to try and find middle ground. You either think Tebow is awesome now, or you are a bigot.
Actually it's more like you either realize he is a project with 14 starts who has performed well at times, and terrible at other's.

OR

you are an irrational idiot who either thinks Elway is sabotaging him or he is a bad qb who will never improve.

just clearing it up for you.

NOw go make another poll thread comparing his bad game to a seven year vet and asking us fan's the difference without even connecting the obvious yourself.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #143
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

He was a stud in high school
He was a stud in college
For the first time ever he's facing failure and not on a team that is one of the most talented ones either.

I listened to the radio yesterday first time in forever. A caller said, one thing that shocked me is last 2 weeks what was supposed to be Tebow's strength firing up the team has been invisable. He also said, he's even hesitating running his bread a butter thing.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #144
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:

dang, i need to make a big decision, what side to join.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #145
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
dang, i need to make a big decision, what side to join.
The good side.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #146
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
The good side.
In other words the side mcgruder and johns are not on !!
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #147
Broncbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
you are an irrational idiot who either thinks Elway is sabotaging him...
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #148
bendog
Marginally Continent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
He was a stud in college
For the first time ever he's facing failure and not on a team that is one of the most talented ones either.

I listened to the radio yesterday first time in forever. A caller said, one thing that shocked me is last 2 weeks what was supposed to be Tebow's strength firing up the team has been invisable. He also said, he's even hesitating running his bread a butter thing.
Actually, he wasn't a stud in either HS or college. He was consistently told he lacked the passing skills. Apparantly in HS he chose a team that would play him at qb (home schoolers can pick and choose in Fla). Then with Urban Meyer he ran a fairly unique offense that thus far has only produced Alex Smith as a NFL starter. There's no earthly way ((- Tebow could run Harbaugh's or Spurrier's or Patrino's passing offenses.

Even if Tebow becomes good enough to be a NFL starter, he's never gonna be a Brady or Rodgers. The question Fox and Elway have to find an answer to is how can a team with Tebow at qb compete with a offense like the one Indy had that routinely ran Shanny's offense into the ground when it tried to keep up with the scoring. Chi held the Brees' Saints to 14 pts in the 2006 NFC championship, but Grossman had over 3000 passing yards and Jones and Benson had nearly 2000 rushing yds. And the Chi got beaten by the Manning Colts.

Elway apparantly thinks Tebow can maybe be good enough to win a championship. There's no question that in at least two of Elway's Superbowl losses, the other team had a vastly inferior qb. However, the game has changed since then. The last time a defense dominated a title game was when Gannon melted down against his old coach Gruden. 2008 was a defensive gem with the Giants and undefeated Patsy's, but Manning put up two td drives in the 4th qtr with 150 passing yds.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #149
Turd_Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Actually it's more like you either realize he is a project with 14 starts who has performed well at times, and terrible at other's.

OR

you are an irrational idiot who either thinks Elway is sabotaging him or he is a bad qb who will never improve.

just clearing it up for you.

NOw go make another poll thread comparing his bad game to a seven year vet and asking us fan's the difference without even connecting the obvious yourself.
Its pretty clear he is a project, but should a project be the starter? He knew it was going to be difficult for him in the NFL, thats why he has been working with NFL personnel since his last game in Florida to prepare himself. He worked all summer leading up to the draft. After he was drafted he worked hard all offseason, sometimes directly with McD. He played a preaseason, and even got a few games in after McD was fired... Then he had all summer, I understand the lock out was a set back but I'm sure he was studying on his own as much as possible. Then he had another preseason, and the majority of the regular season, and he ended the season looking very poor against the Pats, the Bills, and the Chiefs. He is not improving at a fast enough rate to continue to be the starter. If he wants to continue developing THATS FINE, I just don't think it should be as the STARTING QB of the Denver Broncos.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #150
Broncbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
He was a stud in college
For the first time ever he's facing failure...
The scheme = failure