The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: At home, with dominating rushing attack and the opponent scoring one touchdown, any QB....
...Should be proud of fumbling the ball and taking sacks in field goal range. 20 27.78%
....would have put up the exact same numbers. 7 9.72%
....would have showcased the exact same drop-back, freeze, epic spin moves ability. 17 23.61%
...would have put up the same, if not worse numbers because its all the coaching staff's fault. 11 15.28%
Tim Tebow is a rookie and looks like most rookies do after two years and a season of starting. 21 29.17%
You suck, Khan. 40 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #126
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
You're hitching your wagon to Lloyd working out with Tebow in the offseason? The same Lloyd who openly supported Orton over Tebow and asked for a trade the same week Tebow was announced as starter? Too funny.
So that means him and Lloyd didn't spend time working out? I just named notable times of Tebow working out this offseason as you claimed he didn't. Working out with any reveiver is still spending offseason time working. I have no clue what point you are trying to make.

He also asked for a trade before Tebow became starter. He supports McDaniels, not Orton. He was even crying to the media a week before Orton was benched and you come with this? Too stupid...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #127
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Have you noticed that I haven't called you any names or personally attacked you? Or even retaliated?

Just curious.
I've got serious concerns about Tebow's long-term prospects as well, but questioning his work ethic is kinda dumb. I've never heard a single person question his effort. On the contrary, that's the one thing that he is universally praised for.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #128
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Have you noticed that I haven't called you any names or personally attacked you? Or even retaliated?

Just curious.
Have you noticed how you are making **** up and acting like a jackass just because you hate a player?

Just curious?

Keep trolling and acting like a moron. I will continue to point it out.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #129
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I've got serious concerns about Tebow's long-term prospects as well, but questioning his work ethic is kinda dumb. I've never heard a single person question his effort. On the contrary, that's the one thing that he is universally praised for.
Was he ready to compete for the starting job come opening day of training camp 2011? All reports were an emphatic no.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #130
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Was he ready to compete for the starting job come opening day of training camp 2011? All reports were an emphatic no.
That doesn't mean he didn't work hard. He didn't have access to his coaches or the playbook for months.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #131
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Have you noticed how you are making **** up and acting like a jackass just because you hate a player?

Just curious?

Keep trolling and acting like a moron. I will continue to point it out.
I prefer a higher level of discourse. You are dismissed.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #132
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
All reports were from dumbasses, like this front office. Do you think 1-4 is better than were we are now? What great logic!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #133
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
That doesn't mean he didn't work hard. He didn't have access to his coaches or the playbook for months.
It is what it is. He wasn't ready and in all honesty still isn't.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #134
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Jeez. Guy's been shoveling this stuff daily all season. What made that the line?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #135
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Tebow just took this team to the playoffs in his first season starting.
Anybody who's actually been watching the last several weeks, particularly with hindsight, realizes it's more about the defense than Tebow.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #136
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So you continually make **** up and come with the dumbest arguments I have ever seen?

Now you are a liar and a moron.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #137
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Jeez. Guy's been shoveling this stuff daily all season. What made that the line?
He ain't banned; I'm just done talking to him.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #138
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Anybody who's actually been watching the last several weeks, particularly with hindsight, realizes it's more about the defense than Tebow.
Sure. The defense has been great the last few weeks! They were great before Tebow!

at the stupidity. The haters are out in force now.

1-4 says the defense is great without this game plan...
Old 01-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #139
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
This team doesn't have this run game, or defense, without Tebow. This fact sure makes the thread really retarded. I can't believe most of you can even work computers.
I give Tebow some credit for the run game improvement, but not as much for the D improvement. That's a myth that's been exposed. All of our wins with Tebow as QB came against teams with bad QB play. Notice how we lost the games against good QB's, and then we even lost to Orton when Tebow was at his worst despite a great performance from the D (which had nothing to do with Tebow).
Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #140
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So that means him and Lloyd didn't spend time working out? I just named notable times of Tebow working out this offseason as you claimed he didn't. Working out with any reveiver is still spending offseason time working. I have no clue what point you are trying to make.

He also asked for a trade before Tebow became starter. He supports McDaniels, not Orton. He was even crying to the media a week before Orton was benched and you come with this? Too stupid...
Typical sign of a losing argument:

Dig up the goalpost and move it another 10 yards down field.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:22 AM   #141
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
1-4 says the defense is great without this game plan...
I'd take actually moving the ball and scoring over this "game plan" of 3 and outs that you cling to as something special.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #142
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I give Tebow some credit for the run game improvement, but not as much for the D improvement. That's a myth that's been exposed. All of our wins with Tebow as QB came against teams with bad QB play. Notice how we lost the games against good QB's, and then we even lost to Orton when Tebow was at his worst despite a great performance from the D (which had nothing to do with Tebow).
So you point out the fact that the defense sucks and is exposed when we turn it over and play top offenses. You say you know Tebow is what opened up the run game. We spin time of possession way into our favor, stop turning it over, and run with Tebow and the defense has amazing games, like this past one. They sucked against crap offenses before Tebow.

From this, we conclude that Tebow doesn't help the defense.

Smart...

Last edited by jhns; 01-03-2012 at 07:29 AM..
Old 01-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #143
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'd take actually moving the ball and scoring over this "game plan" of 3 and outs that you cling to as something special.
I never doubted that you love losing. You have continually shown that you would rather lose with Orton than win with Tebow. Next week, if Tebow does good, you will claim you aren't a hater and didn't argue this stupid ****. Typical tony...
Old 01-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #144
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

I'm genuinely curious to hear how consecutive 3 and outs and no offensive scores throughout 3 quarters of a game... "helps" the defense.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #145
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
From this, we conclude that Tebow doesn't help the defense.
The game plan and Tebow, when successful, have helped the defense. But any team's offense, when successful, helps the defense. Unfortunately for your argument our offense has mostly been unsuccessful.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #146
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
And I'd agree... but it takes time and many social engagements to promote and sell that book.
There are so many legitimate reasons to doubt Tebow and his abilities. Why do you insist on choosing the ones that hold absolutely no validity? It makes your attacks seem personal, petty, and totally lacking in credibility.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #147
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The game plan and Tebow, when successful, have helped the defense. But any team's offense, when successful, helps the defense. Unfortunately for your argument our offense has mostly been unsuccessful.
Wo running the ball well and controlling the time of possession didn't help the defense last game? ...
Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #148
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
There are so many legitimate reasons to doubt Tebow and his abilities. Why do you insist on choosing the ones that hold absolutely no validity? It makes your attacks seem personal, petty, and totally lacking in credibility.
Ya don't say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Thanks, Max... the "true believers in the Cult of Tebow" won't listen though. They don't care that he's essentially a selfish ball hog of a player who deep down wants all of the glory and accolades for himself. He doesn't want to share the limelight with the rest of the team despite the "humble" image. He's all about self-promotion just like TO; he just isn't open about it. He needs his teammates to succeed though (football's a team sport) and as we've discussed, there's "something" going on in that locker room... and I suspect it's his ego.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #149
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I never doubted that you love losing. You have continually shown that you would rather lose with Orton than win with Tebow. Next week, if Tebow does good, you will claim you aren't a hater and didn't argue this stupid ****. Typical tony...
I hate losing which is why I'm done with the Tebow experiment. He failed miserably the last two weeks. He came up really small on Sunday and got outplayed by Kyle Orton. Winning 7 of 8 got a lot of people thinking that Tebow played well but the reality is he never really played all that well other than some bursts here and there. That's not going to get it done in the NFL. You need your QB to be consistently good. I don't see any evidence that Tebow can be that guy. I was rooting for the kid too but reality has set in. You keep clinging to the mirage.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #150
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I hate losing which is why I'm done with the Tebow experiment. He failed miserably the last two weeks. He came up really small on Sunday and got outplayed by Kyle Orton. Winning 7 of 8 got a lot of people thinking that Tebow played well but the reality is he never really played all that well other than some bursts here and there. That's not going to get it done in the NFL. You need your QB to be consistently good. I don't see any evidence that Tebow can be that guy. I was rooting for the kid too but reality has set in. You keep clinging to the mirage.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote