The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #76
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Its an Orton?

Yep
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #77
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yes, let's hope the Broncos get a different QB, one that can hand the ball off better than Tebow and make great throws to receivers who don't have separation and when the defense pretty much always knows when the pass is coming. The offense would be clicking for sure, just like the high octane offenses Fox had in Carolina.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #78
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonqkilla View Post
No bubble screens, no rb screens, and our qb has tunnel vision.

We got lucky Bowe went out, kept it close.

But there is no fing excuse for calling a toss sweep on 3rd and 7 down 4 w/ 6 mins.

If you dont trust him, get him the fk outta there.
He still sells tickets. Quinn will not sell tickets. Nor win any more than Tebow is. Tebow is very limited, but we are working with a hand dealt to us by Mcdaniels, there is not much we can do but roll with it. Personally, I think the coaching staff has done an outstanding job getting us into the playoffs with what we have. Massive improvements on defense and special teams (why people berate our coaches and ignore this, baffles me), and for many weeks, using Tebow to the best of his ability to win some games.

Mark my words - if we have a chance to get any of the top 3 qbs in the draft, Elway will jump at the chance. And it won't be a bad move by the team.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #79
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonqkilla View Post
No bubble screens, no rb screens, and our qb has tunnel vision.

We got lucky Bowe went out, kept it close.

But there is no fing excuse for calling a toss sweep on 3rd and 7 down 4 w/ 6 mins.

If you dont trust him, get him the fk outta there.
How are you going to call short passes when teams play non stop press coverage on us. Keep tebow contained and play press coverage broncos are done.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #80
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
How are you going to call short passes when teams play non stop press coverage on us. Keep tebow contained and play press coverage broncos are done.

Wait...

Is that a criticism of the wr's in there?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #81
southernturf

I am usually just a rover on this site and just read but I thought I might ask a question...
How do you expect an offense to click when you do not use it? I don't know if I could make a catch when I don't get thrown to until 4 min left in the game. And how do you expect to win a game by throwing 15-30 passes the last 4 min of EVERY game?

I will admit I am a transplant fan. I am a HUGE gator fan, so you know the rest of the story. I obviously am a fan of tebow and after seeing what I have seen from him in the past, I agree that he his not playing well right now. However, I think everybody forgets what kind of team denver has. I think the play call sucks and I think this plays huge into the psyche of the whole Offense. Tebow is scared when he does throw, Mcgahee is going to retire in 3 seasons bc he will be so beat up and eventually the D is going to give up. I just do not understand what some of you think a QB or a whole offense can do when the staff only lets you throw in the fourth quarter. Tonight he had I think 16 att going into the fourth. What confidence does that breed. I would love to see a stat on how many pass att there have been for less the 10 yards. How hard is it to game plan for any qb or offense when they are going to run most of the game and throw deep 10 times. I also agree with the person that said Fox has always been a .500 coach, what do we expect. Conclusion: Tebow is no Brady, Rogers, or Breese BUT, this team is not the pats, pack, or saints either. Just my .2
Don't be too harsh...lol
Old 01-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #82
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
A bad game "A" would infer today was the only bad game.
Alright thats stupid............many more good games than bad games or else we wouldn't have ever smelled the playoffs ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #83
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernturf View Post
I am usually just a rover on this site and just read but I thought I might ask a question...
How do you expect an offense to click when you do not use it? I don't know if I could make a catch when I don't get thrown to until 4 min left in the game. And how do you expect to win a game by throwing 15-30 passes the last 4 min of EVERY game?

I will admit I am a transplant fan. I am a HUGE gator fan, so you know the rest of the story. I obviously am a fan of tebow and after seeing what I have seen from him in the past, I agree that he his not playing well right now. However, I think everybody forgets what kind of team denver has. I think the play call sucks and I think this plays huge into the psyche of the whole Offense. Tebow is scared when he does throw, Mcgahee is going to retire in 3 seasons bc he will be so beat up and eventually the D is going to give up. I just do not understand what some of you think a QB or a whole offense can do when the staff only lets you throw in the fourth quarter. Tonight he had I think 16 att going into the fourth. What confidence does that breed. I would love to see a stat on how many pass att there have been for less the 10 yards. How hard is it to game plan for any qb or offense when they are going to run most of the game and throw deep 10 times. I also agree with the person that said Fox has always been a .500 coach, what do we expect. Conclusion: Tebow is no Brady, Rogers, or Breese BUT, this team is not the pats, pack, or saints either. Just my .2
Don't be too harsh...lol
Some good points..................
Old 01-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #84
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Wait...

Is that a criticism of the wr's in there?

People are wondering why we never call short passes. Its hard to when teams just jam us and dare tebow to throw.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #85
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I think Tebow has great intangibles, but he's going to have to up his passing game to be able to exploit his other skills. Right now, he's trapped in his own limitations. This ain't Gator ball. The NFL is the best in the world. They find out what your limitations are. It's only a matter of time. Tebow has hit his wall. Now he has to get beyond it. Hopefully, during the offseason and next season he can step it up. The Broncos need to bring in a solid vet to back up. I would also suggest bringing in a kick ass TE to support Tebow. Giving the defense some more punch would also help. By the end of next season, the Broncos will know what they have in Tebow, one way or the other.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #86
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
People are wondering why we never call short passes. Its hard to when teams just jam us and dare tebow to throw.
And WR's apparently not able to get open quickly.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #87
vonqkilla

Quote:
You can't beat press you dont deserve to be there.

Bubbles vs press work to Wr set off the line.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #88
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
They call slants, Tim just won't take his drop and get rid of the ball.
Yep. In order to hit those plays, you have to be decisive and make a quick read. He is slow in his read right now, so that's why we aren't seeing those plays. Can he improve on that? Maybe. He's going to have to if he's going to be the long term starter.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #89
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Tebow looks like he has no confidence...discuss
The fact that he has no confidence doesn't mean he sucks. It could also mean that his coaches have systematically destroyed whatever intrinsic confidence he brought to the table.

Think about parents that verbally abuse their kids year after year. Eventually, these kids will be messed up with zero self confidence.

Instead of building on the successes of the past, Fox & McCoy came up with game plans that chained Tebow to the pocket and destroyed his ability to throw with any confidence. What we saw today was the result of that implosion.

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 01-01-2012 at 06:32 PM..
Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #90
lod01
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Tebow looks like he has no confidence...discuss
He's sucked from day one and is getting worse.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #91
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

They need to bring in a solid vet or draft a QB and Bench Tebow.

Piss poor product.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #92
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
The fact that he has no confidence doesn't mean he sucks. It could also mean that his coaches have systematically destroyed whatever intrinsic confidence brought to the table and have done nothing to build on it.

Think about parents that verbally abuse their kids year after year. Eventually, these kids will be messed up with zero self confidence.

Instead of building on the successes of the past, Fox & McCoy came up with game plans that chained Tebow to the pocket and destroyed his ability to throw with any confidence. What we saw today was the result of that implosion.
Please. Tebow has been under scrutiny and pressure since he was in high school. He didn't all of a sudden get soft and lose his confidence. And he seemed fine until 3 weeks ago. You need to come up with a better theory.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #93
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Please. Tebow has been under scrutiny and pressure since he was in high school. He didn't all of a sudden get soft and lose his confidence. And he seemed fine until 3 weeks ago. You need to come up with a better theory.
My theory is that Fox probably tells Tebow 17 thousand times: "Don't throw interceptions! Don't turn the ball over. Don't do this. Don't do that. DON'T! DON'T! DON'T!"

Tebow is just trying to do what the coaches tell him to do...or rather DON'T.

So he second guesses everything. He's over-analyzing everything instead of just playing with reckless abandon...which was working up until the NE game.

Sure, Tebow is the one out there not executing. But he doesn't draw up the game plans or come up with the list of Do's & Dont's that Fox harps on all week long in practice.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #94
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
My theory is that Fox probably tells Tebow 17 thousand times: "Don't throw interceptions! Don't turn the ball over. Don't do this. Don't do that. DON'T! DON'T! DON'T!"

Tebow is just trying to do what the coaches tell him to do...or rather DON'T.

So he second guesses everything. He's over-analyzing everything instead of just playing with reckless abandon...which was working up until the NE game.

Sure, Tebow is the one out there not executing. But he doesn't draw up the game plans or come up with the list of Do's & Dont's that Fox harps on all week long in practice.
everyones fault but teebs
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #95
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
its obvious he has lost confidence, throws he would normally try he's not even attempting anymore. We lost the TO battle the past few weeks and im sure he is now not trying to make fewer mistakes. Before he was reserved trying not throw picks now he's gone beyond that.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #96
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I think Tebow has great intangibles, but he's going to have to up his passing game to be able to exploit his other skills. Right now, he's trapped in his own limitations. This ain't Gator ball. The NFL is the best in the world. They find out what your limitations are. It's only a matter of time. Tebow has hit his wall. Now he has to get beyond it. Hopefully, during the offseason and next season he can step it up. The Broncos need to bring in a solid vet to back up. I would also suggest bringing in a kick ass TE to support Tebow. Giving the defense some more punch would also help. By the end of next season, the Broncos will know what they have in Tebow, one way or the other.
You bring in a back up when you know you got your starter of the future.
Tebow will likely have to compete with whoever they bring in.
Another thing to consider is what kick ass TE is going to want to play on a team with a limited QB like Tebow? maybe we draft one but outside of that or overpaying you won't see any top WRs or TEs come via FA.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #97
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
everyones fault but teebs
Not at all. But there's plenty of blame to go around. Tebow isn't the only one who stunk up the joint today.

So did Fox and McCoy.

...and that idiot #28 whose name I refuse to mention...
Old 01-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #98
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
He's sucked from day one and is getting worse.
Sometimes I really hate free speech. Stupid ****s should not be allowed on the interwebz.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #99
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Tebow sucks. They need to bench Tebow until he no longer sucks.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #100
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Not at all. But there's plenty of blame to go around. Tebow isn't the only one who stunk up the joint today.

So did Fox and McCoy.

...and that idiot #28 whose name I refuse to mention...
really ....... so when we pulled the flea flicker early in the game and it was there and Teebs didnt throw , what kind of play calling should we have called after that ?
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote