The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #26
Crow
All in with the Gingers
 
Crow's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 848

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Doomervil
Default

Tebow should say a prayer for Hue Jackson and Chuck Bresnahan. They're sending his laughably awful ass into the playoffs.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog24 View Post
Tebow has had a bad game, but saying any other Qb would dominate this game is asinine.
He has sucked all year.

The only reason he looked decent was a few lucky plays and a defense that overachieved.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #28
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Tebow looks like he's lost his passing confidence. I think that is a very fair assessment. I want him to succeed but these are the facts.
This is spot on. He looked she'll shocked like he did against Detroit and last week. Lost all confidence.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #29
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
no it isnt ....... guys were open all day long
I'm not so sure about that 2nd point. Tebow had real problems today, but I didn't see a lot of wide open receivers.

I just don't understand why we can't design more plays to get the ball out of his hands more quickly.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #30
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Tebow is playing no differently than he's done for the majority of the season.

In the past the defense, Prater, and the O did enough in the 4th quarter to come from behind.

This is why jumping the gun and declaring Tebow the saviour, franchise QB etc etc and jumping on Elway for not doing so was idiotic and full of fail. Tebow is a work in progress and has done enough to deserve another look in 2012 but please let's stop with all the nonsense of Tebow vs Elway vs Fox vs Sanity.

He's got a lot of work to do in the offseason.
This exactly. He's sucked all year but we managed to win so people got very delusional and completely missed what was right in front of them. He's still a raw project and the odds of success are probably very low, unfortunately for all of us.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
Pontius Pirate
Tampons are for pussies
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,785
Default

I am SHOCKED that a QB who can not throw is panning out to be a bad QB. How did this happen?
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #32
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 15,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'm not so sure about that 2nd point. Tebow had real problems today, but I didn't see a lot of wide open receivers.

I just don't understand why we can't design more plays to get the ball out of his hands more quickly.
Because he has zero accuracy.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #33
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,590

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Lets see how he does after a full off-season. I think the anticipation will get better.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #34
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,048

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Tebow looks like he has no confidence...discuss
This coaching staff is pathetic!! Fox and McCoy is prolly the worst combination in the world for Tebow. Throw in the most obvious passing situations and don't throw consistently unless we're losing by 2+ scores or on the final drive like today. They call zero plays for him to get into any type of rhythm..you know like quick slants etc. Having said that...Tebow does need A LOT of work.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #35
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,532
Default

3 points...all on a gift.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #36
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,590

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'm not so sure about that 2nd point. Tebow had real problems today, but I didn't see a lot of wide open receivers.

I just don't understand why we can't design more plays to get the ball out of his hands more quickly.
I think they do. He's just hestitant.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #37
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Lets see how he does after a full off-season. I think the anticipation will get better.
That one aspect (admittedly a very important and central one) is killing him right now. The inability to fire early in the play changes the whole offense. It makes the coaches not call the right plays, it clogs the box, everything.

But I think the receivers are not the type to consistently get early separation. So it makes it harder for him to see it enough to learn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #38
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,642

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

You guys are so finicky. This team finished 8-8 after starting 1-4 with a not very talented roster. Oh by the way, will probably manage to win the division and make the playoffs in the process granting valuable playoff experience to a young team.

People want to sit and let their emotions get the better of them because we lost to a division rival at home that we should have beat. Big deal. This is an evaluation year all over the roster. Keep building this team, there's too many holes to mortgage the farm for a QB and let Tebow and the coaches have an off-season to prepare.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #39
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,199

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'm not so sure about that 2nd point. Tebow had real problems today, but I didn't see a lot of wide open receivers.

I just don't understand why we can't design more plays to get the ball out of his hands more quickly.
yeah they was open ......I like teebs , but facts are facts , Simms covered for him on a few , but come on , 1 example the flea flicker , Decker was all alone
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #40
Pontius Pirate
Tampons are for pussies
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
You guys are so finicky. This team finished 8-8 after starting 1-4 with a not very talented roster. Oh by the way, will probably manage to win the division and make the playoffs in the process granting valuable playoff experience to a young team.

People want to sit and let their emotions get the better of them because we lost to a division rival at home that we should have beat. Big deal. This is an evaluation year all over the roster. Keep building this team, there's too many holes to mortgage the farm for a QB and let Tebow and the coaches have an off-season to prepare.
My point exactly. Dudes on this forum just need to chill and embrace having a bad QB on your team.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #41
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,048

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
This is spot on. He looked she'll shocked like he did against Detroit and last week. Lost all confidence.
Hard to have confidence when your coaches don't have any in you! The play calling is pathetic. They have failed with 2 QB's, how many chances do THEY get?
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #42
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I'm hoping he can develop into a good QB by the time this defense can be respectable without relying on a single player.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #43
Que
Gettin' some
 
Que's Avatar
 
Just the tip

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 1,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
You guys, fear not because Agamemnon already provided us with a bullet-proof theorem on why Tebow is, in fact, a good QB:

#1) You can not measure Tim Tebow in stats. So, anytime he's like, say, 4/14 for 43 yds in the 4th quarter of a huge game, fear not. Anytime he throws like 4 INT's in a game, fear not. Why? Because all those "stats" are meaningless.

#2) You can't compare Tim Tebow to another QB unless that QB is on the same team as Tim Tebow. "Hey guys isn't it funny that Tim Tebow is actually a statistically worse QB than Alex Smith? Maybe the team's success, like the 49'ers, is all about the team's defense?" NO SIR, your argument is irrelevant because Alex Smith is, in fact, on a different team. You can only compare Tebow to Brady Quinn or some other hapless shmuck on the bench.
Dude shut up. It stopped being funny two weeks ago
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #44
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,199

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Hard to have confidence when your coaches don't have any in you! The play calling is pathetic. They have failed with 2 QB's, how many chances do THEY get?
come on ...... this was clearly on Teebs , the whole dayum thing fell apart on the flea flicker and Decker was wide open and Tebbs didnt pull the trigger ......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #45
KO5K
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
This thread, it makes me want to shed a tear. I'm just so darned proud of this OM community.
Try to be more happy about it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #46
Que
Gettin' some
 
Que's Avatar
 
Just the tip

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 1,280
Default

Guy looks so lost out there. Can't make a decision to save his life.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #47
vonqkilla
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Really bad play by tebow, worse playcalling by mccoy. Toss sweep on 3rd and 7 with 6 min to go at midfeild...

Were we trying to lose?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #48
dsmoot
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
The good news is this game should convince Elway that Tebow is terrible and he will look to draft a qb for the future
A QB will be drafted. It is a matter of when. There are still tremendous holes all over this team. We need to fill a number of positions with upgraded players. A reach at QB may not the best decision when other talent is needed in a lot of different places. We are not dealing from a position of strength. It may be best to ride Tebow one more year, draft well and then look at 2013 draft.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #49
Pontius Pirate
Tampons are for pussies
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
Dude shut up. It stopped being funny two weeks ago
Whose laughing? I'm sure not. It's a rock solid argument that you can't disprove. I'm sticking to it.

Orange Mane - bring you the logic since never.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #50
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Tebow is playing no differently than he's done for the majority of the season.

In the past the defense, Prater, and the O did enough in the 4th quarter to come from behind.

This is why jumping the gun and declaring Tebow the saviour, franchise QB etc etc and jumping on Elway for not doing so was idiotic and full of fail. Tebow is a work in progress and has done enough to deserve another look in 2012 but please let's stop with all the nonsense of Tebow vs Elway vs Fox vs Sanity.

He's got a lot of work to do in the offseason.
ALOT of work to do this offseason
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:07 AM.


Denver Broncos