The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #76
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Thanks Guys.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:31 AM   #77
Powderaddict

I've heard the new stadium have moments that approached being as loud as the old one was consistently.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:38 AM   #78
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
When talking about the Pats game, I'm surprised no one mentioned that it is a home game. Isn't this the time to start asserting our home field advantage again now that we have a decent team and a clutch QB?
I agree. BUT I also feel like the Patriots have never shown a tendency to struggle on the road, so while clearly better than playing @ Foxbrook, I'm not sure its a huge staple for us other than to aid a young team.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #79
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobet Selur View Post
I read it again, and you are crazy. I'll take a one dimensional sack artist over a guy that sets the edge and can cover TE's.

I also heard that Miller has rated out as one of the best LBers this year against the run. Besides D.J. covers TEs real well.
/facepalm

Read it AGAIN?
Old 12-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #80
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I agree. BUT I also feel like the Patriots have never shown a tendency to struggle on the road, so while clearly better than playing @ Foxbrook, I'm not sure its a huge staple for us other than to aid a young team.
Not to mention we seem to be a better road team and have to have enough games at home say we're better there than we used to be.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:45 AM   #81
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I still hate the architect who designed Mile High's replacement. Not a single decision in its design was made with crowd noise in mind. It was built to be comfortable, and nothing else. And when you factor in all the out-of-staters who have moved to Denver and frequent Bronco games to see visiting teams, and the luxury box douchebags, there's just no way to replicate the noise of Mile High. Hell when I've gone to games I've been struck at how much effort it takes from everyone to keep the stadium noisy as it seems to actually swallow the noise up, when the old stadium actively amplified whatever noise was there. Terrible acoustics. Absolutely terrible.
This is actually false. It was built out of galvanized steel and intentionally created to rumble when the stomping begins. It does do this and it is very loud. It's not "Mile High" loud, but it is still considered one of the loudest in the NFL. It was built for comfort, but I challenge you to list a "comfortable" feature and explain how that is negatively affecting crowd noise. I can't find the article, but someone ranked the stadiums by loudness and we were in the top five. Seattle being number 1.

Last edited by Kaylore; 12-16-2011 at 06:48 AM..
Old 12-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #82
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is actually false. It was built out of galvanized steel and intentionally created to rumble when the stomping begins. It does do this and it is very loud. It's not "Mile High" loud, but it is still considered one of the loudest in the NFL. It was built for comfort, but I challenge you to list a "comfortable" feature and explain how that is negatively affecting crowd noise. I can't find the article, but someone ranked the stadiums by loudness and we were in the top five. Seattle being number 1.
If any place screwed the design aspect in respect to noise level, its the Jets/Giants stadium

That place, no matter how bad the teams were, was impossible to play in as an opponent because of the noise and the wind. Now the wind is pretty tame and the noise follows suit
Old 12-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #83
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
If any place screwed the design aspect in respect to noise level, its the Jets/Giants stadium

That place, no matter how bad the teams were, was impossible to play in as an opponent because of the noise and the wind. Now the wind is pretty tame and the noise follows suit
I remember them opening the doors at the field level so the wind would jack everything up.

Here's an article that ranks SAF, then Invesco, in the top ten including college stadiums. http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-loudest...s-america.html

It's not the article I remember reading, though. Someone went to each stadium and used sound equipment and had a pretty sound analysis of who was loud.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #84
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
I remember them opening the doors at the field level so the wind would jack everything up.

Here's an article that ranks SAF, then Invesco, in the top ten including college stadiums. http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-loudest...s-america.html

It's not the article I remember reading, though. Someone went to each stadium and used sound equipment and had a pretty sound analysis of who was loud.
the other thing that killed that stadium were the PSLs....it priced out the average fan BIG TIME

not only do you have to pay your season ticket prices, but you have to pay for the actual seat you sit in...like a down payment on an apartment....ridiculous
Old 12-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #85
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
the other thing that killed that stadium were the PSLs....it priced out the average fan BIG TIME

not only do you have to pay your season ticket prices, but you have to pay for the actual seat you sit in...like a down payment on an apartment....ridiculous
Now this I buy. The stadium's loudness isn't a structural problem. I mean sure, nothing will compare to <s>Bears Stadium</s> Mile High, which was built piecemeal out of steel and aluminum over several decades creating rickety, reverberating tin can of awesome. However the loudness can still be deafening.

I was at our last playoff win versus the Patriots. The stadium was incredible. Brady had four or five procedure penalties due to the noise alone. Both teams said it was one of the loudest games they've been in.

I think mediocre to just plain bad teams coupled with an economy where people would rather sell their tickets at a premium to opposing fans rather than watch a team lose, and price points that force out the blue collar fan lend to a quieter, less supportive crowd.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #86
Powderaddict

Quote:
Now this I buy. The stadium's loudness isn't a structural problem. I mean sure, nothing will compare to <s>Bears Stadium</s> Mile High, which was built piecemeal out of steel and aluminum over several decades creating rickety, reverberating tin can of awesome. However the loudness can still be deafening.

I was at our last playoff win versus the Patriots. The stadium was incredible. Brady had four or five procedure penalties due to the noise alone. Both teams said it was one of the loudest games they've been in.

I think mediocre to just plain bad teams coupled with an economy where people would rather sell their tickets at a premium to opposing fans rather than watch a team lose, and price points that force out the blue collar fan lend to a quieter, less supportive crowd.
If you look at the "footprint", the size of the new stadium compared to the old, the new stadium takes up a bit more "volume", which dilutes the noise a bit. But when the new stadium is rocking, it's really ROCKING. It's just that the old stadium was that way all the time.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #87
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:

I still contend that the only games where the TV cameras shake (even now) is during Broncos games.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #88
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
If you look at the "footprint", the size of the new stadium compared to the old, the new stadium takes up a bit more "volume", which dilutes the noise a bit. But when the new stadium is rocking, it's really ROCKING. It's just that the old stadium was that way all the time.
There's no way to get the old Mile High back. This is why I don't call SPAF Mile High; Because it isn't. Mile high being built cheaply and over time was what made it so ridiculous.

I remember sitting on the third level in a few games and the stadium literally felt like it was going to collapse when the opponents were on the field and it was third down. The south stands, where I watched the 99 Dolphins playoff rematch, was the biggest bunch of roughnecks you've ever seen. Like rabidly insane. And the rock pile was hilarious. It was like someone dumped an old high school bleacher on the lawn of the stadium.

Mile High was loud, it was unstable, it was cheap and it had so much character. That's not something we can or should try to recreate, IMO. I do like SPAF and this is probably because I don't try to compare it to Mile High or wish that it was. I like it because its where my Denver Broncos play football. Hopefully Tebow and a front office that at least appear to draft top picks better will help revitalize the fan base and pack the seats with real, loud fans
Old 12-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #89
Broncbow

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uvqQvMXfeL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 12-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #90
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

^ Oh lord I hate that guy.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #91
Broncbow

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Nx5BvR0OIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 12-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #92
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

"Isaac, You know what they can't measure on the stats sheet? Jesus." Okay that was pretty funny. I hadn't listened to the podcasts before last week, but they are really fascinating, both fun and smart analysis from my perspective. My technical knowledge is limited so I really appreciate listening to you guys. Thank you.

Oh and Kahn, my one and only current faux OM hubby how come SoCal gives me a shout out? (BTW SoCal thank you very nice). I suppose you could be distracted by the birth of wife #1's baby so I can forgive. Though for the record, I agree with the person who mentioned Amy should you upside the head. in fact I think she should do it at least twice for good measure. Poor woman is about to go through the "Birth of Kahn II: Mind your head, ceiling is low and head is large" Seriously though, congrats my friend. Hope everyone is happy and well and please do spoil the lovely mommy and baby Kuper a lot.

And again all of you very good show. I am going to go back and listen to the rest of the podcasts too. Thank you again.

Last edited by Miss I.; 12-18-2011 at 05:55 AM..
Old 12-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #93
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Really enjoyed this fellas. You guys that haven't taken the time to listen to this podcast series are really missing out.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #94
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
I think he is busy hangin with Lindsey Vonns brother.
True story, a-hole.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #95
schaaf

Is Blue Flame our own personal BOB

Old 12-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #96
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
True story, a-hole.
You were so close....
Old 12-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #97
Broncbow

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lTNWe98yNRI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 12-18-2011, 05:38 AM   #98
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
True story, a-hole.
Worst.Name.Dropping.Ever.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #99
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
The eyeball test seems to show the Old Mile High had a smaller footprint for the same number of seats.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #100
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
The eyeball test seems to show the Old Mile High had a smaller footprint for the same number of seats.
Not only does powderaddict appear to be correct, but additionally, it looks like the old stadium was more enclosed. Notice how the top lip of the stadium fans out more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: