The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > OrangeMane.com Podcast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #51
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Must have really struck a nerve for you to still be sputtering impotently over it nearly two months later.
"Impotent sputtering" has everyone calling you a Raider fan?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #52
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
Anyone hear about that hospital TO is building in a 3rd world country?

Also, great podcast guys. I didn't notice the clicking much after the first few minutes. I guess I tuned it out.

Kaylore's laugh track was money.
Haha yeah I loved the laugh track. He also mutes his mic in between and unmutes it specifically mid-laugh which gives it a great immediate burst of laughter coupled with the muffled cell.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #53
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Well... until he can show that he can play the traditional style of SLB, we don't know anymore than we did in training camp.

Listen, this style of blitzing and penetration will win some games, but it's setting the edge and covering the TE that wins championships.

I should know, I lived through it.
LMAO... really, covering TEs wins championships!?!? .... I'll take a Von Miller or a Dwight Freeney and you can have some LB that covers TEs....

Old 12-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #54
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
"Impotent sputtering" has everyone calling you a Raider fan?
Meh. "Everyone" can call me whatever they wish. I learned back in elementary school that just because someone might call you a name, it doesn't make it so. According to some here, liking McDaniels makes one a "Raider fan"... or a "Rams fan"... or a "soon-to-be-Chiefs fan". But does that suddenly spark an uncontrollable urge in the other poster to buy black-and-silver (or blue and gold or "ketchup and mustard") gear? No. So whatever makes you feel like a "better fan"...
Old 12-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #55
Jay3

Am I correct that there is not a feed for this podcast, so that we can easily subscribe to it on podcast apps? Still have to just visit the web address and manually listen or download?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #56
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobet Selur View Post
LMAO... really, covering TEs wins championships!?!? .... I'll take a Von Miller or a Dwight Freeney and you can have some LB that covers TEs....
...Didn't get it, huh?
Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #57
Bacchus

Quote:
...Didn't get it, huh?
I guess I didn't? Let me go back and read it again.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #58
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Meh. "Everyone" can call me whatever they wish. I learned back in elementary school that just because someone might call you a name, it doesn't make it so. According to some here, liking McDaniels makes one a "Raider fan"... or a "Rams fan"... or a "soon-to-be-Chiefs fan". But does that suddenly spark an uncontrollable urge in the other poster to buy black-and-silver (or blue and gold or "ketchup and mustard") gear? No. So whatever makes you feel like a "better fan"...
What I don't understand is that you have to reference impotence so regularly as a reverse insult while you hold your "lady" flag as one of the of the few reasons why you ban people. It seems a bit dichotomous, philosophically as an objective banning element.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #59
Bacchus

I read it again, and you are crazy. I'll take a one dimensional sack artist over a guy that sets the edge and can cover TE's.

I also heard that Miller has rated out as one of the best LBers this year against the run. Besides D.J. covers TEs real well.

Last edited by Bacchus; 12-15-2011 at 08:18 PM..

Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #60
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobet Selur View Post
I read it again, and you are crazy. I'll take a one dimensional sack artist over a guy that sets the edge and can cover TE's.
Yeah, Rev is an amateur.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #61
Agamemnon

When talking about the Pats game, I'm surprised no one mentioned that it is a home game. Isn't this the time to start asserting our home field advantage again now that we have a decent team and a clutch QB?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #62
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
When talking about the Pats game, I'm surprised no one mentioned that it is a home game. Isn't this the time to start asserting our home field advantage again now that we have a decent team and a clutch QB?
It would be nice to think this but we never hear about crowd noise being a factor any more. It's kinda sad. I hope we can get the real football crowd in the stands again.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #63
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
It would be nice to think this but we never hear about crowd noise being a factor any more. It's kinda sad. I hope we can get the real football crowd in the stands again.
There have been plenty of times in recent years where crowd noise has been a factor. Hell it was last week. I doubt it ever returns to what it was at the old Mile High, but the potential is there to be a lot better than it has been through the past decade of meh...

Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #64
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
What I don't understand is that you have to reference impotence so regularly as a reverse insult while you hold your "lady" flag as one of the of the few reasons why you ban people. It seems a bit dichotomous, philosophically as an objective banning element.
OK... I referenced "impotent sputtering" with a clear meaning that his outrage would yield nothing of value. It's a huge stretch to suggest that the intent behind my words was in any way a commentary on the Rev's virility. If he happens to have a problem with ED, I do not want to know about it.

And if I "regularly reference impotence as a reverse insult" then surely you can provide a second example of it.

You might have a point if I'd told him to go and buy some Rogaine (which would be an insult based solely on gender).

Regardless, clearly my comment offended, so I apologize.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #65
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

thanks!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #66
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
There have been plenty of times in recent years where crowd noise has been a factor. Hell it was last week. I doubt it ever returns to what it was at the old Mile High, but the potential is there to be a lot better than it has been through the past decade of meh...
Since the new stadium was built, I've watched every game live, if not loosely live on DVR, and have almost never seen a false start due to fan noise in the last "who knows" how long. I can't track it because I'm embarrassed. I may have missed one or two, but we use to be a place to fear. Now, we're wine and cheese and it's disappointing by comparison.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #67
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Since the new stadium was built, I've watched every game live, if not loosely live on DVR, and have almost never seen a false start due to fan noise in the last "who knows" how long. I can't track it because I'm embarrassed. I may have missed one or two, but we use to be a place to fear. Now, we're wine and cheese and it's disappointing by comparison.
I don't know how many games i saw as a kid at mile high but i was there with my old man back in 77 ( he had season tickets) we will never recreate that atmosphere i witnessed back then. Mile high had a ambiance about it the fans formed as one giant fan you couldn't even hear each other talk on defensive stands if you weren't standing up screaming somebody told you to stand up.

Now i have heard the new place rock but nothing like mile high it was something to see and hear i will never forget those days.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #68
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
OK... I referenced "impotent sputtering" with a clear meaning that his outrage would yield nothing of value. It's a huge stretch to suggest that the intent behind my words was in any way a commentary on the Rev's virility. If he happens to have a problem with ED, I do not want to know about it.

And if I "regularly reference impotence as a reverse insult" then surely you can provide a second example of it.

You might have a point if I'd told him to go and buy some Rogaine (which would be an insult based solely on gender).

Regardless, clearly my comment offended, so I apologize.
Honestly, I wasn't offended at all. It's just an interesting choice of words from a gender opposite/moderator. Interestingly enough, Rogaine is used by both men and women because hair loss is gender neutral.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #69
Agamemnon

Quote:
There have been plenty of false starts due to crowd noise in that time. You clearly have selective memory issues. It's nowhere close to the old Mile High for various reasons, but there have been quite a few times when the crowd has gotten pretty noisy.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #70
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
I don't know how many games i saw as a kid at mile high but i was there with my old man back in 77 ( he had season tickets) we will never recreate that atmosphere i witnessed back then. Mile high had a ambiance about it the fans formed as one giant fan you couldn't even hear each other talk on defensive stands if you weren't standing up screaming somebody told you to stand up.

Now i have heard the new place rock but nothing like mile high it was something to see and hear i will never forget those days.
Yeah, that's a lot to ask but seriously, when I'm in the stands these days (I can go regularly but it irritates me to be there like this.) I get more pissed at the fans around me BS'n than they are focused on the game. When we're on D, we need to be loud. We use to be a factor and frankly, now we're not. The only element for opposing teams now is that they have to live in a transient locker room for a few quarters and travel. It use to be a lot more. GB, NYG, Raid, KC (even though they suck), Chicago.....while there are more we're not in the top 5. Our fan base isn't the 12th player any more. It's sad.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #71
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
There have been plenty of false starts due to crowd noise in that time. You clearly have selective memory issues. It's nowhere close to the old Mile High for various reasons, but there have been quite a few times when the crowd has gotten pretty noisy.
There's nothing selective about my memory. I don't imagine that there hasn't been moments but it use to be a constant. It was a known entity. Just like it is in KC, even when they suck as bad as they do.

Last edited by hambone13; 12-15-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #72
Agamemnon

Quote:
I don't imagine that there hasn't but it use to be a constant. It was a known entity. Just like it is in KC, even when they suck as bad as they do.
It's never going to be like it was, but I do feel like it should start getting a lot better now that we have a team and a QB that people can be excited about. That's my point.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #73
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's never going to be like it was, but I do feel like it should start getting a lot better now that we have a team and a QB that people can be excited about. That's my point.
I'm all about it. If the tone of my message doesn't reek that very same idea, I apologize. Maybe, I'm trying to throw a little faith that our fans can come back to being that. Don't we all play a role?

Last edited by hambone13; 12-15-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Old 12-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #74
Agamemnon

Quote:
Yeah, that's a lot to ask but seriously, when I'm in the stands these days (I can go regularly but it irritates me to be there like this.) I get more pissed at the fans around me BS'n than they are focused on the game. When we're on D, we need to be loud. We use to be a factor and frankly, now we're not. The only element for opposing teams now is that they have to live in a transient locker room for a few quarters and travel. It use to be a lot more. GB, NYG, Raid, KC (even though they suck), Chicago.....while there are more we're not in the top 5. Our fan base isn't the 12th player any more. It's sad.
I still hate the architect who designed Mile High's replacement. Not a single decision in its design was made with crowd noise in mind. It was built to be comfortable, and nothing else. And when you factor in all the out-of-staters who have moved to Denver and frequent Bronco games to see visiting teams, and the luxury box douchebags, there's just no way to replicate the noise of Mile High. Hell when I've gone to games I've been struck at how much effort it takes from everyone to keep the stadium noisy as it seems to actually swallow the noise up, when the old stadium actively amplified whatever noise was there. Terrible acoustics. Absolutely terrible.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #75
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I still hate the architect who designed Mile High's replacement. Not a single decision in its design was made with crowd noise in mind. It was built to be comfortable, and nothing else. And when you factor in all the out-of-staters who have moved to Denver and frequent Bronco games to see visiting teams, and the luxury box douchebags, there's just no way to replicate the noise of Mile High. Hell when I've gone to games I've been struck at how much effort it takes from everyone to keep the stadium noisy as it seems to actually swallow the noise up, when the old stadium actively amplified whatever noise was there. Terrible acoustics. Absolutely terrible.
Yeah, I share your perspective from a fan perspective but those aren't the kinds of plans that get approved. The stadium isn't only used for football. I'm sure the strategy on architecture had a lot to do with diversity which we all have to appreciate. It needs to support itself.

That doesn't change the fan element. We can still be loud....collectively and be the 12th man. Focus Brother. Get the word out.

J

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: