The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 08:22 AM   #901
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Pujols to the Angels. 10 year 250 million dollar contract.
Stupid, stupid, stupid. This is the Yankees' mistake with A-Rod all over again.

Last edited by TonyR; 12-08-2011 at 08:44 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #902
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulon Velvet Jones View Post
**** CJ Wilson.
Praise CJ WIlson. He is going to great weather , his home and a great team. Of course he left a very good team in Texas but maybe like MightySmurf, Texas couldnt close the deal. As for Pujols, that came out of right field. We have 2 guys that can play 1st base really well and not sure what we do on that but we just picked up the best player in baseball. I just don't know the exact details on paying someone $25 million a year from 38 to 41 years olf age.

I will probably get neg repped from Bombay and Mike but don't hate the fan, hate our new GM.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-08-2011 at 09:14 AM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #903
Rolandftw

Crazy that the Angels really spent that much money. Sure a lot of Cardinals fans are sad to lose Pujols, but they won't be sad 5-7 years from now.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #904
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

I'm shocked Pujols left the Cards. Kind of makes me dislike him a little bit now.
That said, 10 years is ridiculous. Nearly every huge, long year contract like that becomes a huge burden.
Todd Helton
Alex Rodriguez
Two names there that got huge deals and now are getting paid large amounts for average production.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #905
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I'm shocked Pujols left the Cards. Kind of makes me dislike him a little bit now.
That said, 10 years is ridiculous. Nearly every huge, long year contract like that becomes a huge burden.
Todd Helton
Alex Rodriguez
Two names there that got huge deals and now are getting paid large amounts for average production.
I can refute this as a homer for the fan that got the goods but I do agree. I would rather have Pujols stay in St. Louis and have his legacy like Stan Musial has done. We will take to him like we did Torii Hunter but the upside in not only ticket sales (which is pretty nice already at 3 million), it brings more fans watching the Angels, getting more players in the All Star game, exposure again, etc. Maybe we are spoiled here with Weaver sticking to his home team and Wilson coming back home. Add one incredible HOF first baseman and I need to just be happy we are in the receiving end of someone who lost a little of his legacy. Luckily, the Cards are a great baseball city and will recover from this. Maybe trade for Kendry Morales or Mark Trumbo?
Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #906
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Crazy that the Angels really spent that much money.
Particularly for two guys on the wrong side of 30. And history suggests that Wilson will disappoint. Took on way too much risk. This is the kind of crap the Yankees used to do before they finally decided to let Brian Cashman do things his way.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #907
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Stupid, stupid, stupid. This is the Yankees' mistake with A-Rod all over again.
Anaheim Angels gave Pujols a no trade clause as well. So they are stuck with him until he is 42.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #908
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I can refute this as a homer for the fan that got the goods but I do agree. I would rather have Pujols stay in St. Louis and have his legacy like Stan Musial has done. We will take to him like we did Torii Hunter but the upside in not only ticket sales (which is pretty nice already at 3 million), it brings more fans watching the Angels, getting more players in the All Star game, exposure again, etc. Maybe we are spoiled here with Weaver sticking to his home team and Wilson coming back home. Add one incredible HOF first baseman and I need to just be happy we are in the receiving end of someone who lost a little of his legacy. Luckily, the Cards are a great baseball city and will recover from this. Maybe trade for Kendry Morales or Mark Trumbo?
Trumbo is going to be irrelevant fast. He had homeruns, but his overall stat line was junk.
Angels team is pretty stacked right now, but man they'll be hurting in a few years IMO. Already are paying Vernon Wells $26 million to hit .210.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #909
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Particularly for two guys on the wrong side of 30. And history suggests that Wilson will disappoint. Took on way too much risk. This is the kind of crap the Yankees used to do before they finally decided to let Brian Cashman do things his way.
Wrong side of 30? How old do you think Pujols is? He is 31 (at least I hope that is his real age). As for Roland thinking the Cards will be happy not to have him in 5 to 7 years, what a stupid thing to say. They will miss him in those 5 to 7 years! That is a ton of seasons to make your team top notch (which is what the Cards were). I might not like this come 7 yers from now but I hope the Angels bank away the money that he brought them in championships, jersey sales, ticket revenue, etc.

Quote:
Trumbo is going to be irrelevant fast. He had homeruns, but his overall stat line was junk.
Angels team is pretty stacked right now, but man they'll be hurting in a few years IMO. Already are paying Vernon Wells $26 million to hit .210.
I wouldnt call Trumbo fast but his Offensive numbers were not junk. He was a rookie and he was 2nd in Rookie voting. He improved a ton with runners in scoring position in the 2nd half of the season. He has pop and his contract is light so hopefully he plays 3rd base and we finally have someone that hits HRs at 3rd since Glaus. We have Trout, Boujous, Hunter and Wells in the outfield. Not bad mix of very young and old. Wells will produce this year. No way he is another Gary Mathews "Steroids" jr.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-08-2011 at 09:57 AM..
Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #910
bombay
Ring of Famer

Pujols OPS has declined for 4 consecutive seasons. Of course, when the decline started, it was at an incredible 1.114. Last season, it was .905.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #911
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Wrong side of 30? How old do you think Pujols is? He is 31 (at least I hope that is his real age).
If he hasn't peaked already he will within a year or two. Great player but the cost and length of the contract are a bit absurd. I actually think the Wilson signing was worse. The Yankees are desperate for a #2/#3 type starter and immediately bowed out of both the Wilson and Buehrle sweepstakes when they saw how ridiculous the contract demands were. That should tell you something right there, although I think Wilson will fare better in CA than he would have in NYC. I think he's another Barry Zito type signing waiting to happen. He's just not all that good.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #912
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:
Wrong side of 30? How old do you think Pujols is? He is 31 (at least I hope that is his real age). As for Roland thinking the Cards will be happy not to have him in 5 to 7 years, what a stupid thing to say. They will miss him in those 5 to 7 years! That is a ton of seasons to make your team top notch (which is what the Cards were). I might not like this come 7 yers from now but I hope the Angels bank away the money that he brought them in championships, jersey sales, ticket revenue, etc.
You really think Pujols is going to be puting up the numbers at ages 37-39 to warrant $25 mil per year?

As a Cardinals fan who fell in love with Pujols his rookie year I am sad to see him go. However, if that is what it was going to take to keep him in STL then I am ok with him going elsewhere. I will always have the last 10 years and 2 WS Championships.

Anaheim giving him that deal, with a no trade clause, is asinine.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #913
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
I wouldnt call Trumbo fast but his Offensive numbers were not junk. He was a rookie and he was 2nd in Rookie voting. He improved a ton with runners in scoring position in the 2nd half of the season. He has pop and his contract is light so hopefully he plays 3rd base and we finally have someone that hits HRs at 3rd since Glaus. We have Trout, Boujous, Hunter and Wells in the outfield. Not bad mix of very young and old. Wells will produce this year. No way he is another Gary Mathews "Steroids" jr.
Trumbo didn't deserve the #2 voting in the ROY. Hosmer in less games had a better line than him.
He doesn't hit for average.
He doesn't get on base, a horrible .291 OBP. Thats dreadful.
He strikes out a ton.
I mean, if you think Trumbo is going to become a perennial player and count on him to be in the lineup for years to come, think again. I'd almost guarantee he's at best a backup in 2 years.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #914
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Trumbo didn't deserve the #2 voting in the ROY. Hosmer in less games had a better line than him.
He doesn't hit for average.
He doesn't get on base, a horrible .291 OBP. Thats dreadful.
He strikes out a ton.
I mean, if you think Trumbo is going to become a perennial player and count on him to be in the lineup for years to come, think again. I'd almost guarantee he's at best a backup in 2 years.
I dont take anything away from Hosmer and got to see him play when we faced the Royals but to say he is a backup based on his first season in the big leagues is assinine. The only way he is a backup is if that is at first base and cannot handle 3rd base. Like i stated, Trumbo got better in the 2nd half. First half could not drive someone in at 2nd unless it was a homerun. Look at some of the good Angels players over the years, their rookie year cant be like Kendry Morales, Wally Joyner or Tim Salmon.

By the way, these moves just really irks 24Champ as his Dodgers are becoming the Angels step child once again. Actually, only the LA media has had them as top billing over the Angels the last 9 seasons.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-08-2011 at 10:21 AM..
Old 12-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #915
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
How old do you think Pujols is? He is 31 (at least I hope that is his real age).
Well, as you allude to in your post, quite a few people (and teams) think he is actually older than he claims to be. I personally have no idea if it's true or not but that's another potential risk.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #916
bombay
Ring of Famer

Cardinals re-up Furcal. 2/$14
Old 12-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #917
bombay
Ring of Famer

Ryan Braun tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. 'Roids. Fifty game suspension.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #918
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Ryan Braun tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. 'Roids. Fifty game suspension.
Thank god they named him MVP over Kemp!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #919
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
of course he plays for the Milwaukee Seligs.

Selig did everything in his power to prevent the names of 'roided up Pink Sox players from being named in that steroids report a few years ago, though we now know that lots of them were on the stuff. but they didn't face the immediate scorn many others did because their names came out long after the furor had died down. nice to see karma paying back Selig in spades.

Last edited by Gort; 12-11-2011 at 07:18 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #920
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Not sure if he will admit when he used it but a nice gesture on his part is to give up the MVP award a give it to Kemp.....after Kemp does his drug test. What a huge black eye for MLB. What a ****head!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #921
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Not sure if he will admit when he used it but a nice gesture on his part is to give up the MVP award a give it to Kemp.....after Kemp does his drug test. What a huge black eye for MLB. What a ****head!
He failed a month before he was named MVP and the MLB still allowed him to win the award. What a joke.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #922
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Major League clubs have until 5 p.m. tomorrow to submit a posting bid for Japanese right-hander Yu Darvish.

And all signs point to the Yankees sitting this one out.

Although Yankees scouts are high on the 25-year-oldís ability, the total cost of landing Darvish is considered too high even for the Yankees.

According to MLB sources, it could take close to $30 million to win the posting process. The same source indicated Darvish will then want a five-year deal in the area of $75 million.

Thatís more than $100 million for a pitcher who has done very well facing hitters in Japan, but those hitters arenít major league caliber.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...#ixzz1gR13hdw8
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #923
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Baseball lothario Derek Jeter gives a basket of signed swag as a send-off to his one-night stands
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #924
80smith
Perennial Pro-bowler

Love me some grilled food!

White Sox Acquire Padres Pitchers In Exchange for Quentin.

The White Sox will receive minor league pitchers Simon Castro, a right-hander, and Pedro Hernandez, a left-hander

More here. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/...e-for-quentin/
80smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #925
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80smith View Post
White Sox Acquire Padres Pitchers In Exchange for Quentin.

The White Sox will receive minor league pitchers Simon Castro, a right-hander, and Pedro Hernandez, a left-hander

More here. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/...e-for-quentin/
Why the **** did we give Danks Buehrle's money? Don't tell me age...because Mark has a rubber arm and can easily go another 3-4 years.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote